8.5

1. Oct 19, 2014
    Nobody in Hollywood today could make a story about a rat so fun and entertaining, other than the guy who made The Incredibles, Brad Bird. Great film worthy of all the awards it got.
  2. Oct 19, 2014
    Welcome to a entirely new and original world where the unthinkable combination of a rat and a 5-star gourmet restaurant come together for the ultimate fish-out-of-water tale.
  3. Oct 13, 2014
    Definitely one of those films that you’d have to eat before watching it. Besides that the film delivers well and the story is solid, Pixar really got the look and the movement of the rats right as well as the cooking shown in the film. Although there is a downfall that the character of Linguini is kind of a doofus and not really that memorable. In conclusion the movie is great and I would put it somewhere in the middle, it’s not my least favourite but it leans up against my favourite Pixar films. Expand
  4. Sep 28, 2014
    A great Pixar animation that I have watched countless times before, the story of a rat helping a French man fulfil his dream of becoming a chef, a fantastic film for all the family, and has tons of re-watch-ability too!
  5. Aug 14, 2014
    This is no "Toy Story" or "Finding Nemo". "Ratatouille" is a revisit of the classic Disney film style, where a simple and generic story becomes the medium for teaching its audience a single lesson, without attempting to entertain just with humorous lines and interesting characters. Like "Cinderella", "Beauty and the Beast" or "Aladdin", there is a single point to be made; and here it is the very Gusteau's motto: "Anyone can cook!". It is an obvious comment on racism and equal rights, a comment on what something seems and what something is. The film suggests that it is all about what we identify ourselves as and how we communicate it to others. A surprisingly solid and balanced plot, with some commendable voice acting, presented with likable CGI visuals and vivid colours. One of the most satisfying animated films Disney has released in the new millennium as a Pixar production. Expand
  6. Jul 6, 2014
    It has charm yet isn't mawkish so I have to roll me eyes or cover my ears for any stupid or ridiculous scenes. Insightful, with a lot of heart, it's a Pixar film for the whole family and even some adults. What can I say? It has a lot of pizzazz!
  7. Jun 29, 2014
    Charming, gorgeously animated, fantastically voiced and another appealing Pixar movie that goes to my collection of "My Favorite Animation Movies". Recommendable for all ages.
  8. Mar 15, 2014
    bard bird has a great imaginations and stories to for his animation films like incredibles . i thought paris films all they do is speak french but i am glad i didnt see people speaking different language . this was and film to understand
  9. Feb 14, 2014
    Astonishing and Amazing. A film to leave someone in awe and possibly begging for more. This is a Pixar film to treasure from start to finish. Every second of it.
  10. Jan 30, 2014
    One of my favorite animated films, but to say, my favorite. Thanks to "Ratatouille" I became the family chef. From beginning to end the story of Remy is surprising. Definitely a movie with a huge quality. Tomatoes, onions and bread only far from millimeters to be considered real. It is a true copy of Paris and customs. Clearly, a film you must watch before you die.
  11. Jan 6, 2014
    The best thing about the movie, is that it showcases Pixar's "mantra" that being story, story ...story. That along with having great characters/animation/dialog, which you just forget or never even consider are digital puppets.

The humor was great too, the gags situations character acting all contributing to making situations that "kids of all ages could "get".

There is on one
    level the entire story, of Remy and Linguini, but then there are 3 or 4 or more subplots and a number of dramatic scene changes which almost felt like separate chapters of the main story. That all contributed ..for me at least... to keeping the movie very interesting right to the end. Expand
  12. Jan 3, 2014
    Divertido e com uma pitada de emoção isso o que define essa maravilhosa obra de arte de Pixar um dos melhores filmes já feitos nos últimos e porque não nos últimos tempos.
  13. Nov 15, 2013
    "Ratatouille" is a classic Pixar animation and a fantastic accomplishment. The animation is brilliant (as usual), it's well-directed, the script is intelligent and is consistently humorous. Pixar movies are textbook examples on how to make films for both kids and adults.
  14. Nov 13, 2013
    Ratatouille cooks up a fine film.
    Once again a very solid piece by Pixar, good story, a few laughs, and an unbelievable emotional connection between human and animation.
  15. Nov 10, 2013
    This was fun movie with drama and romance altogether
    be aware that you might get hungry while watching it :))
    I think in the long run it's a re-watchable animation suited for people of different ages
    I'd totally advise you buy it, make tons of delicious food, sit there and watch it
  16. Oct 31, 2013
    after making a not good film the pixar animation studios get right one more time again with this good film,but the people overrating this film a little bit.
  17. Oct 3, 2013
    At first thought, a film that combined rats and cooking would deem itself as an off-putting topic, but with Pixar being Pixar, they worked it to its best. They enhanced the classic encounters of vermin and restaurants by providing an enjoyable feature which honed the moral for being adventurous and different, as well as the balance of work and relations.

This original feature doesn't
    fall short with humour, although less than their average inclusion, the humour is by lack of a better phrase humorous.

I am glad to say that Pixar has once again (by adapting their own quote) ‘surprised me’, and I hope they continue to do so in the future.
  18. Sep 19, 2013
    Even though it's rated G, this film has such an adult way of playing out and is very sophisticated. It is a melting pot of a movie. You get a little bit of French cooking, the secret ways of how a restaurant operates, you get a feel for 1930's Paris, and most importantly you feel the clique between Linguine and Collette. All of these elements come together in one helluva movie.
  19. Jul 22, 2013
    This film is a visual masterpiece, no question about it, but the tremendous work put into it is completely wasted because of the boring and mindless plot. It's about a rat who reads French cookbooks (I assume he can read in countless other languages too). The ghost of a deceased chef haunts our cute creature. (How did he stumble upon a rat in the first place?) Remy learns a lot from the chef's recipes, and shares his immense knowledge with a nerd with no talent whatsoever, using him as a puppet, and this bizarre double act self-evidently outdo any well trained cook in Paris. Moreover, the food critic whose devastating review made the former chef of the restaurant (our strange ghost) commit suicide, is enchanted with the dish based on the recipe of aforementioned chef, but prepared by our nerd who is guided bye the highly literate rat. This goofy mess of a story could still be partly compensated by a decent amount of jokes, but there is hardly any trace of them. All we left with is the stunning animation. Expand
  20. Jul 22, 2013
    "Ratatouille" is clever, imaginative, gorgeous, breathtaking, and proves Pixar's integrity. The film itself is of course wonderfully animated and characters are new and inventive. Remy, the protagonist, is a dreamer, who is extremely likable and is wonderful to see his growth. Side characters have a definite lasting impressions, as the love story of Collete and Linguini is a bit cliche, but is still a wonderful side plot to enjoy. The film may seem a bit quirky, but the quirkiness braced is spectacular and original. With a wonderful message that tells us that "great artists can come from anywhere", "Ratatouille" leaves a long and wonderful lasting impression that ranks to the Pixar standard of ingenuity. Expand
  21. Jul 16, 2013
    Ratatouille is probably my favorite Disney movie of all time. It's both cute and funny. It scores points for having a great villain and an even sweeter hero... But most of all, it has an unforgettably cathartic finish that gets me every time.
  22. Jul 10, 2013
    Watching it gets me hungry, and it has its fun moments and great appeal. If you don't like it, thats just shocking then. Because this is the best Pixar film by far
  23. Jul 2, 2013
    As our unexpected hero Remy remarks in the film, "pure poetry" is quite the summing up of this miraculous film from Pixar, one of their best and most unorthodox to date. The film was not necessarily taken with great admiration upon its announcement, due to its content and of course its name. But what the film expertly does is refer to the name, and outline exactly the point its trying to make, it isn't suppose to be appealing, and not to judge a book by its cover.
    The character of Remy is a rat, a rat with quite the heightened sense of smell, and with a taste for the finer things in life, namely the elegant cuisine of France, something which he is exceptionally good at creating.
    But when the chef and restaurant he idolises fall on hard times, he happens across the very place and witnesses a new dishwasher accidentally ruining a soup, Remy steps up to fix the problem. The dishwasher, Linguini, sees Remy cooking and the two decide to work a solution for Remy to take, for the fact that the rest of the restaurant staff believe the dishwasher is the expert cook.
    The film is a tale of pursuing what you want to do, and not to let anyone tell you any different. But the realism, while still ridiculous, is given a nice effect, as Remy and his human puppet realise he won't be accepted, therefore their carefully orchestrated means of cooking must be invisible to everyone else.
    The film is perhaps the most insightful and viewer-inspired creation from Pixar, full of messages and situations that a real life individual will face in their ongoing existence, family, love, trial and error and of course...success.
    As expected, the film is a visual delight, from the Paris skyline to the animation of Remy the rat working in the kitchen, each and every character, including the rats, have a distinct and unique look, setting them and their traits aside from the next person. A witty and hilarious script also benefits this excellent film, visual gags are in place across the film and the pacing of our characters is relevant to the story, especially working in a french restaurant.
    Ratatouille will never cease to surprise and exceed, it answers many questions surrounding acceptance and hard work, all true while making the point of enjoying and escaping in its wonderful world, reminding us that we can get by little help from our friends.
  24. Jun 25, 2013
    This film is a cinematographic masterpiece, comprising all the key elements of feel-good fun. Inspirational and delightful in its transmitting of the key messages which are cleverly interwoven into a thoroughly entertaining plot, the lovable characters simply slot perfectly into place, telling the unusual though very original story in true Disney style.
  25. May 10, 2013
    Great animation! Probably one of the best choices you can make if you're going to watch it with your family,friends or even alone! Superb quality Pixar project! If you haven't seen it and you're a hardcore Disney fan or just a person who loves animations. Do it now! My final score is 7/10
  26. May 7, 2013
    This is certainly up there with some of Pixar's finest work, and its only the second time I've seen it but I enjoyed it much more second time around. Its such a creative concept and whoever thought of a rat cooking was pretty creative :P The characters are very likable and the clever storyline flows well throughout. There is also enough for both adults and kids to enjoy here and there is a nice medium for the both. Overall a very enjoyable film I would certainly recommend Expand
  27. Apr 9, 2013
    Ratatouille has more life, meaning and intelligence then almost every film out there. Pixar has always done a fantastic job of reaching out to children, while drawing adults in and Ratatouille is no exception.
  28. Mar 27, 2013
    Very good animation and story line. Creativity was visible throughout the film, although the addition of Gusteux's ghost was a bit corny. The ending was't the best, but at least the bad guy didn't win.
  29. Jan 3, 2013
    Finally had the time to get around watching this film, and I wished I watched this sooner. It was an enjoyable experience - with loveable characters and brilliant animation.
  30. Dec 24, 2012
    Original, well done, and well written this is sure to dazzle kids and adults.Lesson for everybody: Kid films shouldn't be bad for teens and adults. This movie has charm to it. I liked it, but I didn't love it. It's a good movie, and certainly Pixar's classic group.
    Diagnosis: Please see this film!

1. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    The subtle colors and textures of the food alone make Ratatouille a three-star Michelin evening.
    In Ratatouille, the level of moment-by-moment craftsmanship is a wonder.
    This is clearly one of the best of the year's films. Every time an animated film is successful, you have to read all over again about how animation isn't "just for children" but "for the whole family," and "even for adults going on their own." No kidding!