8.3

1. Jun 19, 2013
    Not sure why this is getting such bad ratings. I love this movie. Its a ton of fun with alot of great comedy. Its essentially a popcorn flick so trying to get something serious out of it is pointless (its wrestling after all).
  2. RyanM.
    Jun 13, 2001
    Not as bad as I thought it would be. It didn't really make me laugh, but it was kind of funny.
  3. SomeGuy
    Jul 11, 2006
    Rather than doing a proper satire of wrestling, this film acts like it's real and churns out a lame Rocky knock-off. This film is a disgrace to both professional wrestling and cinema. The ironic thing is that the 'professional' actors, such as David Arquette, are stupendeously out-acted by their wrestling counterparts. Give DDP the Oscar!
  4. BobbyL.
    Aug 1, 2005
    This movie is an embarrassment to wrestling fans. What's worse is that, in an attempt to promote this piece of crap, WCW actually made David Arquette world champion, which was one of the final nails in the coffin for the already dying company. I wish i could give this movie a negative score because this peice of trash should have never been made. both the world of wrestling and the This movie is an embarrassment to wrestling fans. What's worse is that, in an attempt to promote this piece of crap, WCW actually made David Arquette world champion, which was one of the final nails in the coffin for the already dying company. I wish i could give this movie a negative score because this peice of trash should have never been made. both the world of wrestling and the world of cinema would be better off without it's existance. Collapse
  5. WillB
    Complete garbage.
  6. RhaineM.
    Feb 10, 2007
    One of the worst films of recent times Arquette does not entertain. He is almost as bad an actor as Alec "No Talent" Baldwin.
  7. RodneyD.
    Aug 1, 2005
    Being a wrestling fan, I watched this once when it came on tv. what a complete waste of time! It's stupid, unfunny, and embarrassing to even watch.
  8. MichaelC.
    Sep 15, 2001
    First of all, I?ll just say I?m glad I didn?t see this at the movies. When I go to the movies I generally only go by myself or with one other friend, but Ready to Rumble is much more enjoyable when you have 5 or 6 other friends and you?re watching it at a party. In that environment, I really got into this flick. Anyhow, I thought this movie had a lot of qualities and a few bad points that First of all, I?ll just say I?m glad I didn?t see this at the movies. When I go to the movies I generally only go by myself or with one other friend, but Ready to Rumble is much more enjoyable when you have 5 or 6 other friends and you?re watching it at a party. In that environment, I really got into this flick. Anyhow, I thought this movie had a lot of qualities and a few bad points that put it down. I loved the wrestling scenes, the comedy was extremely strong, the performances were good, the sound was loud and booming and the editing was flawless. For the bad side, I didn?t really like the ending. Yes, I did enjoy the ?get to the top of the cage? and you win idea, but the characters don?t really resolve themselves properly. Whatever happened to Rose McGowan?s character? And just after he wins a match, Oliver Platt suddenly demands that Scott Caan and David Arquette be his assistant people. Then we see a couple of shots of the supporting characters and out we go. That?s the end. Not a very good ending. However, there are a lot of good points that bring the movie above the rather empty ending. I enjoyed Scott Caan?s performance and David Arquette wasn?t as annoying as I thought he would be. Oliver Platt is also quite funny as Jimmy King, but Martin Landau?s extended cameo rules this movie. He?s a funny dude! In conclusion of this review, I?ll just say don?t expect another "Rocky" or a wrestling version that is just as good as "American Beauty" because you?re not going to get it. But all viewers who enjoy a bit of a kick in the groin on film, gut-wrenching fight scenes, a ton of silly comedy and heaps of big hooters, come right in, because this is one fun comedy I?m sure you?ll find Ready to Rumble enjoyable if you don't take it too seriously. Expand
  9. Ian
    Apr 11, 2003
    I love this movie!!! i am a huge wrestiling fan and i was glad to see all the WCW superstars there was in it, but besides the fact that they say that Wrestling is not fake, every one knows that it IS fake, even the Rock himself admitted it!

1. Reviewed by: Sean Means
    I just wanted to rail against the casual homophobia, the senseless violence and the sociopathic cruelty that Ready to Rumble treats as good clean fun.
    Let's be real clear about this: You've got to be suffering from some major trash-culture brain damage to enjoy a movie like Ready to Rumble.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Simels
    An extremely loud and simpleminded cross between TV's "WWF Smackdown!" and "Dumb and Dumber."