Remember the Titans

8.7

1. JamesS.
    Mar 23, 2001
    This is a very heart-touching movie about overcoming the very injustices that built this country; and it shows how diversity is a win-win situation for all involved. Great Movie!
  2. EthanS.
    Oct 5, 2006
    I'm sick of all these snooty uptight movie critics that can't recognise a movie masterpiece, and bad mouthing such an amazing movie. Not only are there strong emotional content but there are also the necessary kick butt football scenes!!!!!!!!!!
  3. DenizE.
    Mar 15, 2001
    It's a superb movie, don't miss it.
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    I think you should ignore the critics on this one. This is definitely one of my favorite movies! I can watch this movie over and over again. The story is absolutely great! Personally I like football a lot, which makes this movie even more appealing to me. And the fact that it's all based on actual events from 1971, makes this movie to what it is; a masterpiece! A must-see!!
  5. RolandoB.
    Jul 12, 2004
    Too bad... too formulaic and predictable, boring...
  6. CodyM.
    Feb 24, 2008
    I hate critics this movie was one of the best movies ever made and shows a truly captivating experience. ive noticed that everyone should ignore critics and they should all be fired because they are obviously not human. This is a must see for families or anyone who isnt racist.
  7. Sep 5, 2010
    My Favorite Movie! I taped it and I will play it even if I am not watching the whole movie, I love the soundtrack! I graduated in '72.... I know the racial issue during this time... I am white and the school was integrated. I was a cheerleader (one of three white girls and two black girls). I developed friendships with white and black.... and there were white schoolmates thatMy Favorite Movie! I taped it and I will play it even if I am not watching the whole movie, I love the soundtrack! I graduated in '72.... I know the racial issue during this time... I am white and the school was integrated. I was a cheerleader (one of three white girls and two black girls). I developed friendships with white and black.... and there were white schoolmates that Chastised me. However my family (who I would never imagine at that age, were not prejudice ,,,hmmm) my parents met my friends and it didn't matter their color, but they met them as a human being. This is what this movie is about. Expand
  8. AudreyH.
    Apr 3, 2001
    The best sports films deal with tragedy. This one doesn't do that, but for some reason it works. Way too candy-coated, but it works.
  9. ValerieG.
    Apr 6, 2001
    I thought it was a great movie, but the daughter's role could have been cut down...a lot.
  10. theorange
    Aug 10, 2007
    This movie is a sports classic. Its moral and sports parts go well hand in hand and make the movie what it is. It is not a Fellini-like piece but it is about as much as you could expect from a high class sports movie.
  11. StephanieD.
    May 15, 2001
    This is my all time favorite movie!! I hate football but this movie was a great one. Ryan Hurst was hotter than ever, and I watch this movie every night!! P.S. I am watching it right now.
  12. StephanieD.
    May 15, 2001
  13. JesseN.
    May 24, 2001
    It rocks.
  14. JackieA.
    Jun 17, 2001
    Definitely something evreyone should see.. I loved it so much! and the soundtrack is something I also want to get!
  15. StephG.
    Jun 6, 2001
    Definitely a 10! What a great movie! Full of inspiration and motivation! Really uplifting! Great for athletes and shows the truth about life!
  16. EmilyB.
    Jun 9, 2001
    Fabulous from start to finish!
  17. JanetA.
    Jul 22, 2001
    This is one of the best movies I have ever watched. I am a big fan of football and also really into history, civil rights and integration.. This is a movie I can watch everyday.
  18. KimL.
    Jul 11, 2002
    This movie made you think about what a lot of people had to go through no matter what race they were. This is definitely one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.
  19. BostjanP.
    Apr 30, 2003
    Excellent, I only wish that people learn something from it. P.S. Sorry for my english I'm from Europe ...
  20. SheenaS
    Feb 8, 2005
    I don't understand how people can actually say that this was a bad movie. It was so emotional and powerful and for people to say that it wasn't a good lesson learned are obviously on the wrong track. This shows everyone how far we have come as a whole society, and how petty people used to be about the color of someones skin and how some people still act the same way today. I don't understand how people can actually say that this was a bad movie. It was so emotional and powerful and for people to say that it wasn't a good lesson learned are obviously on the wrong track. This shows everyone how far we have come as a whole society, and how petty people used to be about the color of someones skin and how some people still act the same way today. People need to take a lesson and watch the movie to be educated if they still believe in colors today. Expand
  21. EstherS.
    Oct 16, 2007
    I love this movie it is my all time favorite and I love to watch over and over again.
  22. AmyO.
    Mar 2, 2007
    These critics are so stupid! I bet if the critics had to do it all over again they'd give it a much higher grade. Even We are Marshalls got a better rating than this! WTF!! I cried when I first saw this movie, the story was emotional and told from the heart. It's the only movie I never get tired of watching.
  23. KarlF
    Sep 8, 2007
    This is a fantastic movie that I enjoyed very much. I loved the era appropriate music and I remember the tension of those times as well. The story being true and my love of sports drove this on to the bank for me. The critics boorish and childish admonishments are clearly screwed along geo-political lines as the contrast between ACTUAL viewers and snotty reviewer prejudices could not be This is a fantastic movie that I enjoyed very much. I loved the era appropriate music and I remember the tension of those times as well. The story being true and my love of sports drove this on to the bank for me. The critics boorish and childish admonishments are clearly screwed along geo-political lines as the contrast between ACTUAL viewers and snotty reviewer prejudices could not be more clear here. Expand
  24. JakkeR.
    Jun 13, 2001
    It was an all around great movie.
  25. KrystalS.
    Nov 27, 2002
    I think this movie was great! I don't see how anyone wouldn't think that. We have to do a movie review in my Composition class and this was the first movie that came to mind because I enjoyed it so much!!!
  26. lorraine
    Dec 22, 2004
    First time I have seen this movie. I hate football with a passion....but... this was BRILLIANT... A Must See Movie.
  27. AbbyL
    Sep 27, 2007
    This movie was so good and touching. Who cares if it's inaccurate? It's a damn good movie.
  28. GeorgeM.
    Dec 26, 2003
    I don't get how the real critics rate this. This was a great movie. If the critics want to rate a movie, rate a movie they know somethjin about. Most of these critics prolly just like romantic movies and garbage like that and they dont know how to appreciate a good sports movie when you see one. They also gave Rush Hour 2 a score similar to this onme, and that was a funny movie. I don't get how the real critics rate this. This was a great movie. If the critics want to rate a movie, rate a movie they know somethjin about. Most of these critics prolly just like romantic movies and garbage like that and they dont know how to appreciate a good sports movie when you see one. They also gave Rush Hour 2 a score similar to this onme, and that was a funny movie. Stupid humor is funny, and this movie was great. Maybe these critics should get a sense opf humor or pay attention to sports and then they might be able to rate movies well. Anyway, I love this movie, just got it for xmas, am gonna go watch it now. Expand
  29. Jul 20, 2011
    RTT is a movie that tries to fit 2 things in one movie: Racial Desegregation and Titans football, but fails to do justice to either. The movie is an inspiring one as all sports movie tend to be, but if you are a tough nut to crack, you may start yawning at some places. It is quite predictable if you look at the movie objectively. There's the first half with all the good-for-nothingRTT is a movie that tries to fit 2 things in one movie: Racial Desegregation and Titans football, but fails to do justice to either. The movie is an inspiring one as all sports movie tend to be, but if you are a tough nut to crack, you may start yawning at some places. It is quite predictable if you look at the movie objectively. There's the first half with all the good-for-nothing individuals, inspiration, motivation and boot camp training. Then there's the second half with the initial hardships, near losses, the inspired masterstroke and the big final win. But thanks to the racial undertone, the proceedings are dramatic enough to watch.

The script is inconsistent that is it is too weak/lame at some points but very strong in other instances. Almost all energy has been put into making sure that everything looks right from the outside. Individual characterizations are poor and it shows in the actors' performance. Some scenes are written beautifully but some scenes fail to impress. The director Boaz Yakin too surprisingly sticks with the script and doesn't explore the many possible angles.

Denzel Washington does an amazing job at the centre playing the insanely tough and bullish coach, Herman Boone. Will Patton who plays his calm deputy Bill Yoast is passive in the first half (thanks to the poor writing) but comes to the foreground and gives an acceptable performance as the movie progresses. Wood Harris and Ryan Hurst share a great chemistry and give believable combined performances playing leaders of the black and white bandwagon respectively.

The football scenes are a treat to watch. Make sure you know the jargon and tactics of football because if you don't enjoy them, you are gonna miss half the fun. Everything from the warm ups, the handful play sequences, the individual player's sacrifice for the good of the tea and the exchange between the coaches. The choreographer (if its the right word) deserves a round of applause for his work. Watch it if you are a fan of Denzel Washington or if you want to discover the meaning of team spirit. Watch the movie expecting exactly whats present in it and you will be impressed and walk out completely satisfied. But if you randomly walk in hoping to see something a class apart from others, this one will be a bit of a disappointment. But all in all, the experience will be worth 'remembering'...well at least for sometime.
  30. Feb 11, 2012
    Really surprised the critics didn't like this one. I have seen this movie so many times i can practically recite the whole thing off the top of my head. One of my favorite sports movies ever.
  31. Sep 14, 2014
    This is such a good movie. It has so many characters and memprable scenes and it teaches a valuable lesson of working together no matter what ethnicity you are. Denzel Washington does a good job with his character. It's also cool to look back and focus on a young Ryan Gosling. I will "remember the Titans".
  32. Nov 28, 2012
    The embodiment of excellent modern sports dramas, "Remember The Titans" is inspiring, compelling, and intelligent.
  33. Jan 4, 2013
    This film is incredible! One of the best I've ever seen! Truly inspirational with great performances all round and based on a real life story! A must see in my eyes!!! I can and have watched it a number of times.
  34. Apr 6, 2013
    Remember the Titans is an inspirational sports film about a football team in Virginia. The plot in this movie is great and everyone was absolutely great at acting. From Denzel Washington to the barely seen football players on the team. In my opinion, this is a good inspirational movie for everyone that I recommend you see.
  35. Mar 10, 2014
    A Disney story with a Disney ending. The movie tweaks a few details of the true story to make it pleasing for everyone watching. And that is exactly what it was, enjoyable to watch with great quotable speeches. But it was just too predictable and too "soft" for my taste but good insight to what it was like in those days. My final score is 71.8 out of 100.
  36. Apr 27, 2013
    Are the metacritics just ignorant or what? How does this movie not have 90metascore (atleast), This is one of the best movies ever made. I can watch this movie over and over again, without being bored. Simply, amazing.
  37. Nov 24, 2013
    When first saw this, I knew what was going to happen and such, but it's how they get there, with an amazing emotional turn and fun, this is one of my favorite movies.
  38. Jun 25, 2014
    Another great movie about how sports can transcend issues beyond the field. I greatly enjoy movies like this and Remember the Titans has to be one of the best sports movies out there. The acting here is very well and you almost feel yourself getting emotional during the intense moments in this movie aside from Denzel Washington and Will Pattons great performances.
  39. Nov 22, 2014
    This is probably the best sports film I've ever seen. Just a great ensemble cast that grows more and more comfortable with each other as time goes on. Denzel Washington is not exactly but he seems to tone himself down because there are points in the film where he does not need to be the star of the show. All the members of the cast undergo some significant development in this movie and itsThis is probably the best sports film I've ever seen. Just a great ensemble cast that grows more and more comfortable with each other as time goes on. Denzel Washington is not exactly but he seems to tone himself down because there are points in the film where he does not need to be the star of the show. All the members of the cast undergo some significant development in this movie and its a true inspiration. Expand

1. Rolling Stone
    Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Distressingly shallow.
  2. Earns its emotional moments, and it takes the audience along.
  3. Denzel Washington, by now, could do this sort of role in his sleep.