5.6

1. Jan 29, 2014
    It's MUCH funnier and a MUCH better time than the critics give it credit for. Ice Cube is a little off his game in terms of comic timing, but Kevin Hart is hilarious! Easy recommendation if you're just looking for a night of laughs.
  2. Jan 18, 2014
    Hilarious movie, and very entertaining. The interactions between Kevin Hart and Ice Cube are worth watching. However, the movie's ending feels rushed and incomplete, and basically makes the rest of the movie feel as though it was there for nothing. A lot more could have been added to the movie; in fact, an additional 30 minutes could have been added to prevent the ending seeming as incomplete as it is. Expand
  3. Jan 17, 2014
    Despite the best efforts of Kevin Hart, Ride Along limps along and never really works as a comedy thanks to a listless Ice Cube and poor direction from Tim Story.
  4. Jan 26, 2014
    An average buddy cop movie with predictable plot and some funny moments! But it have been a while since we have this kind of movie, so it's fun time but not one original thing about it
  5. Mar 12, 2014
    Very enjoyable and funny this sadly is one of only a few Black cop buddy films out ever. Kevin and Ice Cube pulled this together. Respectable to me as far as humor ,story and character development goes . Felt really balanced with the drama and heavier moments . Next movie Universal Pictures needs to do is a Black gay comedy to break the cycle .
  6. Feb 3, 2014
    This movie is a mixed bag on one side is Kevin Hart mostly improvising which give most of, if not all of the film's funny dialogue, he also shares good chemistry with Ice Cube, on the other side the scripted jokes, are most of the time well lame, this fun to watch now than most of the movies are ****
  7. Jan 25, 2014
    this movie is definitely a piece of **** I know this because it popped up on my computer and pissed me the **** off. I would never, and will never support such an asinine form of advertisement, and refuse to participate in such a bogus form of intellectual degradation. Piss the ****ed off.
    Me
  8. Jan 26, 2014
    I like Kevin Hart but this movie is like the same joke being repeated every ten minutes for an hour and a half. We know what is going to happen and what Kevin Hart and Ice Cube will say throughout the movie, but if you don't expect much (which you shouldn't), just enjoy how much non-sense Kevin Hart can say in just a few minutes.
  9. May 2, 2014
    This is a horrible movie. I am currently watching this movie with what I thought were friends and feel as though I'm being held hostage. This is a terrible, terrible movie and has ruined my Friday night. As I am writing this my only thoughts are Why HAS NO ONE STOPED THIS ABOMINATION!!!!
  10. May 22, 2014
    If you're a Kevin Hart fan then this is definitely one that is worth a watch. This is Hart's show, and when he takes control it's easy to find the laughs. It's his goofy character that never stops talking that makes the movie worth watching, and easily makes up for the lackluster plot that is full of cop movie cliches and the surprisingly disappointing Ice Cube. So yeah if you're looking for some laughs Kevin Hart brings them. It's just a shame that the rest of the movie around him isn't so spectacular. Expand
  11. Jun 12, 2014
    Ride Along is easily one of the funnier films I've seen in a while. Kevin Hart is the funniest man in Hollywood right now and everything he touches is golden. The only negative, to be honest, was Ice Cube. He seems to have regressed, if possible, as an actor and there were certain scenes that were just tough to watch without his mediocre acting breaking the immersion. All in all though, this is definitely a hilarious movie worth watching. As usual, the critics know nothing about comedy. Expand
  12. Apr 10, 2014
    The only positive thing I can think of was it kept my attention. The bad news, predictable, clumsy, and most of all annoying. The combination of Kevin Hart and Ice Cube screaming for unnecessary reasons is a reason to avoid this film.
  13. Feb 5, 2014
    Don't understand the appeal of this film. It's a compilation of a 10 other films with no originality at all.
    Kevin Hart acts "funny" but his rapid-fire talk makes it difficult to understand him at times. The sad thing about a film like this is that its rock-solid financial success will result in more Ride-Alongs when the first one wasn't even that good. I'm not sure what this says about
    America's cultural appetite but I'll bet that it isn't healthy. Expand
  14. Feb 9, 2014
    Kevin Heart is the new fad in comedy right now. I don't know if his brand is endearing but it is good for 2014. This movie was much better than staying at home and playing Call of Duty. Now I can go to the theater and watch actors pretend to play Call of Duty. All this while Ice Cube pretends to be a detective with no self control, and some forgotten actress pretends to be some borderline annoying clueless forgotten girlfriend/sister with a strange midget fetish. But hey its funny and your bored so what do you have to loose? Expand
  15. Apr 5, 2014
    Painfully stupid. Ice Cube is funny in more of a supporting role as in 21 Jump Street, and after awhile just got annoying here. Typical, weak january fare.
  16. Jan 31, 2014
    You simply can't judge this type of film too harshly. Cube is great, and Hart is funny as hell. Hart's fiancee character is a terrible actress - or the director didn't give her much to work with. Otherwise, it's a laugh, and likely will not be remembered come Oscar Season next year. But who cares????
  17. Apr 19, 2014
    A very predictable buddy cop film that just lacks enough humor. By predictable I mean every step of the way you can guess where this film is going. It's not unbearable like the spoof comedies but I didn't laugh enough. D+
  18. Jun 20, 2014
    I can honestly say that this is by far the worst film I have seen in my life! Kevin Hart is hilarious in stand up... but this is just ridiculous! I can't even put it into words... All I can say is PLEASE don't watch this movie! you'll be doing yourself a huge favor!
  19. Jan 19, 2014
    It has its shares of outrageous laughs, but in the end, "Ride Along" is a comedy that delivers not many laughs that you would expect. I really enjoyed the second half of this movie more than than the first half. Maybe because there are scenes full of comical moments that are not seen anywhere in the trailers or promos. Other than that, it's still missing a step. Overall, even with some outrageous laughs, you still walk out of this movie feeling a bit underwhelmed. I give it a C+! But lets face it, you won't agree with me. So why fight it. Everyone else will love this. Overall, you'll still laugh your butts off. Expand
  20. Feb 11, 2014
    Really good! In fact, I really enjoyed it! It funny, entertaining & has cool chemistry between the two main actors. It is cliched & done before, but it is just a cheesy bumpy ride throughout!!
  21. Jun 10, 2014
    Ride Along was actually pretty funny but i felt like it should have been rated R rather than PG-13 and you can clearly see that in Ice Cube's acting. With him being a great verbal actor and this being PG-13 it only constricts how far his character can go which really sucks on the other hand Kevin Hart absolutely kills it in this, he is for sure the highlight of this buddy cop movie. The story again like most buddy cop movies nowadays is with little thought and relies on too much on its actors to make it entertaining its a good thing the actors do a good job and make it at least watchable. Alright i think we all know Tim Story has directed some crap movies his worst of course being the two Fantastic Four movies but this movie is actually the first movie i like of his also i wonder how much Jason Mantzoukas had to do with the script because that guy is freaking hilarious. Okay most of the time i like seeing John Leguizamo in movies but this time i just found him to be annoying also i totally wasn't expecting Laurence Fishburne to be in this movie and i was surprised when he walked into the scene and while his character is "the bad guy" he never really seems convincing.

Overall i give it a 6.0 The big speech scene at the end with Kevin Hart was easily the best part of the movie also Tika Sumpter was easy on the eyes.
  22. Jul 14, 2014
    Completely unfunny, tedious, spectacularly moronic, and completely barren of any laughs whatsoever, Ride Along is a complete waste of comedic talent and time.
  23. Jan 27, 2014
    Yolanda Williams is an idiot. This Movie was so stupid and unoriginal with a predictable plot and bad humor. Few scenes will make you laugh but most is just an unsatisfying mix and not worth your time or money.By the way Yolanda critics grade movies on quality and Ride Along was just a disaster. Please Yolanda get off the internet.
  24. Jan 30, 2014
    Where do I start?
    I never saw the preview before watching Ride Along. I heard it starred Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, so I didn't expect much from it. Ice Cube was typical Ice Cube, and Kevin Hart stuck to his comedian small guy act. Everything in this movie was very predictable. The acting was on the low side. But I did get a few good laughs in. Lawrence Fishburne was perfect for Omar's
    character, even if it was a small part to play. Expand
  25. Feb 3, 2014
    If you are looking for a clean comedy with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube, this movie is as clean as it can be with very little cussing and loads of action, I did enjoy this movie and also love watching Kevin Hart!!
    My score for this movie is 8 out of 10.
  26. Jan 18, 2014
    This film is just not very well put together. The plot is predictable even for a buddy cop movie, and the action is not very good. That being said Kevin Hart was funny and the movie did score some big laughs in the theater I was in. However despite its humor the movie does start to drag on. I would only recommend this movie if you are a big Kevin Hart fan.
  27. Jan 26, 2014
    Frankly, Ride Along was only watchable due to the fact that I've enjoyed these actors in other movies. Kevin Hart is the sole actor to bring any humor out of the script, but given the flat performance of Ice Cube, Lawrence Fishburne and the rest of the cast, I just can't say that Hart's part is enough reason to watch. Also, plot points are often introduced to soon be abandoned for the next minor plot point. Expand
  28. Apr 19, 2014
    Ride along is yet a dumb funny buddy cop movie with a few laughs and some entertainment but lacks some value and sense in its movie..What have been better with a proper storyline ..all in all I give it a 50/100
  29. Feb 16, 2014
    Well, I must start off with the fact this movie is a bit cheesy, and some of the acting and such is a bit eh. However, for the most part this movie is hilarious and the funniest parts, to me, are the subtlest. Ride Along is a feel good movie worth going and seeing. Had it been R rated, who knows how good it could've been.
  30. Mar 15, 2014
    from the guy who brought you babershop and think like a man . this film called ride along is about a guy who wants to marry ice cube's sister but needs his permission what is a point of having someone permission just go marry her away . this movie is awful but its okay i guess .
  31. Mar 3, 2014
    This movie deserves more than it gets. It kept me rolling!! This movie is number 2 on my Top 10 funniest movies ever. Ice Cube wasn't acting the best this time but that's okay Kevin Hart made us look over the fact that cube wasn't on his game. It's definitely worth the time. So if you want a night of good laughs this is the movie to watch. So I give this movie a 9 out of 10. Thanks for reading.
  32. Mar 14, 2014
    Not the best comedy movie, but if you have nothing else to do, it can lighten your mood in many ways, there are plenty of funny scenes. But not the best story tbh.
  33. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Ride Along is pretty funny, but it's also kind of stupid of how they portray the "ride along", because a friend of mine described to me that the ride along he went on was scary.
  34. Apr 22, 2014
    I liked this movie. Not great acting or epic theater but who cares, It was funny and kept me watching. Cube and Hart made a good team... A bit predictable but this is Hollywood where nothing is a surprise anymore.
    If you like Ice Cube and Kevin Heart and enjoyed movies like Rush Hour then this is worth a watch.
  35. Apr 7, 2014
    The previews for Ride Along were better than the actual movie. Kevin Hart is hilarious per usual, but like I said- I've already seen the funny parts 200 times via commercials and previews, that by the time I watched the movie I was annoyed seeing it again.
    I was very, very bored with it- I wanted to leave since it was so predictable.
  36. May 20, 2014
    This definitely a very bad movie with its entirely cliche and predictable plot that doesn't even start properly until 60 minutes of its 100 minute run-time has passed, yes that's right a majority of the movie is dedicated to presenting to us not so funny scenarios that has Kevin Hart doing his best to make his ranting sound funny with moderate success. The 40 minutes that do relate to the main plot just shows the audience how unoriginal this movie is , with its main mystery going to waste and the ending turning into useless mini-version of die hard providing a very unsatisfying ending.
    The characters are cliche and consists of everyone you would expect in a typical cop buddy movie, a bad ass cop protective of his sister, the strict police commissioner who disapproves the bad ass cop, and the seemingly puny weak stupid guy who is in love with his sister and of course, some sort of uninteresting gang or cartel with its mystery leader. I would highly recommend anyone to not watch this movie.
  37. May 24, 2014
    terrible............................................................................................................................................................................................
  38. Jun 21, 2014
    Its alright. Ride Along is a movie about a guy who tries to impress his girlfriends brother by proving to be "Badass." It is pretty funny I just didn't think it deserved all the hype it got. The plot is pretty good except it is very easy to get lost in it due to all of the other information you are getting. Its extremely funny and a good comedy but the lack of plot isn't good. It felt a lot like a sequel then a new movie and you do not want your movie to look like a sequel.

Ride Along gets a 6/10
  39. Jul 11, 2014
    I really like both ice cube and Kevin hart but the movie is nothing special. The only way I see people liking it is if, like me, already like the actors or are young kids and teenagers. Its watchable but not too funny. I smiled here and there laughed a few times and sad to say that was it. The chemistry between cube and hart was pretty good but with a so,I'd script and director I think they could be great together. It's very formulaic in the story structure, characters are not too deep (doesn't need to be in a comedy but depth still helps) as with most movies, especially comedies dumb things people say or act that would never happen in real life do happen in the movie for the sole sake of moving the story forward. There's no real tension and I think it just comes from a weak script and the directing could have been miles better. Expand
  40. Jul 14, 2014
    This movie was a funny movie altogether, you would get to some part's that weren't interested but other then that its was a good movie .
    Kevin Hart over course was hilarious , and Ice Cube was not too funny but played the part well .

1. Reviewed by: Ashley Clark
    Feb 25, 2014
    Director Tim Story (Fantastic Four) locates the right blend of humour and action in a couple of taut sequences, but Ride Along is saddled with an uninvolving plot, and largely content to coast on cop-movie clichés.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jan 27, 2014
    Nothing in the movie makes sense, but I prefer to think that Ride Along is just a badly told joke, rather than an insult to its audience.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Jan 20, 2014
    At its best, Ride Along is tolerable. At its worst, it borders on insulting.