6.2

1. Sep 26, 2010
    The most definitive Robin Hood made to date. The original classic, around 1939, was accessible to all age groups (though oriented toward the youth group), and was very entertaining, but this modern version is an example of great movie making. Keep in mind that all that is known about Robin Hood is that he may have been a robber known to help out poor people, but no one knows for sure who he was. The elaborate details in a movie are completely contrived. So, this version is totally different from others, and this likely upsets some viewers. This version is superb in all departments, in epic proportions. It is obviously a part I, and I look forward to the sequel. Expand
  2. Sep 28, 2010
    I was both shocked and excited when we found out that Robin Hood was going to be rated PG-13. From the previews it looked like a Robin Hood version of Gladiator because both were directed by Ridley Scott and the main star of both is Russel Crow. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It's more of an origin story of Robin Hood, whereas the previews make it look like the typical robbing from the rich to give to the poor. There were so many good things about this movie. The score is spectacular. I already bought the soundtrack. The acting is fantastic. The action is phenomenal, and it's a really good story. It did get a lot of negative reviews from critics, but I think that was mostly because the story wasn't what they were expecting and it's not as gay and marry as previous versions of Robin Hood. It is fairly violent, but if you can take that then I highly recommend it. I saw it twice in the 1st 2 weeks, and now I own it on Blu-ray. This new Robin Hood movie is serious and dark and gritty and awesome. The following is a comparison of the different Robin Hood movies to the various Batman incarnations:

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938 ) is as to The 60s Adam West Batman as Robin Hood (Disney 1973) is as The Batman Animated Series as Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) is as Tim Burton's Batman as Robin Hood (2010) is as Batman Begins as The sequel to Robin Hood (2010) will be as The Dark Knight.
  3. Aug 18, 2010
    What a let down. Russell Crowe just seems to get worse in every film he's in. He peaked in LA Confidential and Gladiator but since then its been all down hill. THis film was jsut another reminder of that. The story line was mediocre, the acting, wooden and the dialogue, boring.

A generous 6/10
  4. Oct 1, 2010
    I went in expecting little, and was easily entertained to the best Robin Hood to date. Don't be fooled by the critic's reviews, this is a well thought out and enjoyable historical epic. At times it can be a bit contrived, but overall the plot, characters, and especially theme ring true. It is an origin story and a re imagining of Robin Hood. One that he deserves.
  5. Oct 13, 2010
    A great movie from beginning to end. I am guessing that the majority of people that didn't like it probably just didn't understand it, because it is deeper and more complex than previous goofy versions of robin hood. Definably watch this movie, but really pay attention to it, otherwise you probably wont get it.
  6. Dec 4, 2010
    Tied for best movie of 2010 for me with Inception.

Director Ridley Scott does a masterful job of bringing the legend of Robin Hood to relief life. Much like Christopher Nolan does with Batman in Batman Begins, this prequel to the Robin Hood legend is wonderful in setting the stage for future movies. Well done. Also the director's cut fills in the gaps for a LOT of the question marks I had
    in the theater. It's a MUCH WATCH! Expand
  7. Feb 20, 2011
    This movie acts as a way to tell you how Robin Hood became Robin Hood, it has great action scenes, interesting plot, some humor, and surprisingly likable characters, this is one I would recommend seeing.
  8. Jan 2, 2012
    I was pretty happy with this movie. It was well paced and written. Needs part II to finish. I've seen five diffrent tellings of the story and this was my favorite. Ridley Scott has a excellent record.
  9. Jul 30, 2013
    How is movie anything under I wasn't expecting anything at of this movie I thought it was a Robin Hood movie using russel crows name and I was wrong I loved this movie it felt like a instint classic and I want more all the character in this movie where likable this movie is so under scored in my opinion this will be one of my most favorite movies
  10. Dec 24, 2013
    it's such a wonderful heart-touching story that i can't take my eyes off. This movie is undoubtedly superb, extraordinary thanks to the talented cast and the decent plot by legendary director Sir Thomas Ridley Scott. This film, you mustn't miss

1. The entire cast is superb. Crowe's an ideal Robin Hood-born to play the role-he's fully in command but human to the core. He owns it.
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Jolin
    Grown-up but not too serious; action-packed but not juvenile… Not only is this the mullet-free Robin Hood movie we’ve been waiting decades for, it’s also Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe at their most entertaining since Gladiator.
  3. The problem with Russell Crowe's new take on the legend is that it has one muddy boot in history and the other in fantasy. The middling result is far from a bull's-eye.