8.3

1. Oct 7, 2011
    I am supremely impressed. not by the fact that it avoid the typical inept 80's action movie stereotypes, but by the entire film. It's epic, it's grand, it's just so goddamn amazing. One would expect less, but when that one person decides to see this, they will be smiten and ashamed as to their thoughts of the movie prior.
  2. Oct 30, 2012
    The "critic" that gave this film a 5/10 is probably mentally-ill. This film is amazing. It's stylish, brutal, witty, and oh, so satisfying. The best action flick of the 80's in my opinion.
  3. Jul 20, 2013
    A violent, vicious, and prescient satire of urban decay, privatization, idiotic consumer culture, and corporate greed, RoboCop delivers a visceral kick to the gut and a jolt of rude awakening to the oblivious.
  4. Nov 30, 2013
    This movie is absolutely incredible! The best sci-fi, action, thriller, drama, crime movie ever! It is full of gore, action and thrills. It is one of the most entertaining and fun movies ever made. RoboCop is the best!
  5. Feb 21, 2014
    An astute sci-fi satire about corporate and capitalistic greed, corruption, crime, dystopia, humanity, and it even dares to cross the border of adding totalitarian undertones to the social allegory of the film, 'Robocop' defies the archetypal 80's sci-fi, by making us all realize our humanity and how it works and what it does to us. The urban decay predicted in this film actually occurred: to this day the Detroit bankruptcy is the largest municipal bankruptcy filing in U.S. history, and this film was spot on. Though it was merely a coincidence. 'Robocop' is smart, ultraviolent, and a perfect satirical allegory to our American society and culture. Expand
  6. Mar 29, 2014
    This was supposed to be a film destined to Class B, but people now a days and since its premiere the Legendary looks, and I do not disagree, it is.
    Hail, Paul Verhoeven!
  7. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    RoboCop was an interesting original film. I didn't see any of Peter Weller or Nancy Allen's other films until I saw this, and I was quite surprised that they were good actors.
  8. Jul 11, 2014
    Brilliant. Sums up the 80's action genre in one film. Fantastic plot, amazing soundtrack, great action choreography. And a random, excessive, but exciting level of violence. This film will force you to your couch in an exhilarating turn of events. Then you go to sleep at the end of the film and have one thought. Wow.
  9. Sep 15, 2014
    Robocop is one of the smartest action movies with an original plot and tons of action, a must see classic.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  10. Sep 15, 2014
    A clever action movie with well shot action scenes and many quotable lines. One of my favourites.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  11. Sep 15, 2014
    Robocop is a fantastic action thriller with fun acting and astounding action scenes. One of the best ever.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Great effects and a nasty undercurrent drive this vehicle.
  2. Reviewed by: Pat Graham
    There's a brooding, agonized quality to the violence that almost seems subversive, as if Verhoeven were both appalled and fascinated by his complicity in the toxic action rot.
    Robocop is a thriller with a difference.