6.2

1. Steve
    Nov 3, 2008
    I think the action scenes were ok but the ancient language completely ruined the play.
  2. Apr 10, 2015
    This has to be the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. I'd have to take the drugs Romeo took at the party to even remotely enjoy this horrible piece of s*** that has been taken upon the chest of Shakespeare himself.
  3. GaryDF
    Nov 17, 2008
    A play which should be worshiped no mocked!! And the moder day adaption is all it does in its pathetic attempts to impress!
  4. Patrick
    Apr 3, 2007
    Romeo and Juliet in a modern-day setting. Does any more need to be said?
  5. Nov 15, 2012
    Very poor at giving one who has not read the books before an accurate impression of the story. The difficult to understand dialogue made any attempt to comprehend the story extremely difficult, and the setting of a fictional Florida city did not help, nor did the African-American cross dressing dancer with a moustache. The party scenes that attempted to show what a party in Renaissance eraVery poor at giving one who has not read the books before an accurate impression of the story. The difficult to understand dialogue made any attempt to comprehend the story extremely difficult, and the setting of a fictional Florida city did not help, nor did the African-American cross dressing dancer with a moustache. The party scenes that attempted to show what a party in Renaissance era may have looked come off as very overdone and look very poor in contrast with the somewhat serious scenes the movie contains. Collapse
  6. Jun 4, 2013
    Embarrassing lazy piece of crap ever made. The Shakespeare language made it insulting to America. Acting was terrible and the directing was horrendous. Don't watch it
  7. Jun 15, 2014
    Quite possibly one of the only few movies I could not physically tolerate to hear or watch. Modernizing the Shakespeare play, which I think is hyped up exceedingly too much as it is, is made worse by, a surprise, the faithfulness of the dialogue from the play. DiCaprio acted exactly like Romeo, which I think is the worst that he could ever achieve. Shakespeare should be left to the British actors.
  8. May 22, 2015
    Well first of all... the first action scene is poorly put together and all other action scenes follow suit. Also the dialogue doesn't fit into the modern day setting, also shaky cam and lots of it this is Leonardo Dicaprio's worst film and will continue to hold this title forever more!
  9. Feb 8, 2016
    This movie tries so hard to be different, but this movie has serious problems. Bad acting, lifeless dialogue, and unchohesive plot. This compiles to the most cringe worthy 120 minutes I've had in a long time.

I have never seen anything remotely approaching the mess that the new punk version of "Romeo & Juliet" makes of Shakespeare's tragedy.
    While such a loud, brash interpretation may not go down in cinematic history as the definitive version of the play, hopefully it will open a few eyes and widen the audience willing to venture into any movie bearing the credit "based on the play by William Shakespeare."
    It would be destined for the trash heap of Shakespeare adaptations, if not for its female lead, and its heart, 17-year-old Claire Danes.