8.7

1. Aug 21, 2014
    Although Ronin breaks no new ground in the action genre, it is still a wholesome and thrilling movie. The car chase scenes are some of the best in any movie, and DeNiro and Reno play a great pair.
  2. Dec 20, 2013
    Pretty good all around. Had a good amount of intrigue, thrills, and action, to keep your attention throughout this one. It was a little confusing at times, but wrapped up pretty nicely.
  3. Sep 28, 2014
    Overall, it was okay. The story line was decent and the car chases were well done. It kept my interest and is worth a watch only if you rent it. Its not worth watching multiple times. The ending has a decent plot twist which was nice.
  4. Jan 23, 2015
    Finally, a movie that allowed you, if not forced you, to use your imagination. I found the plot to be compelling (who is really who and whom can you trust), De Niro is spot-on, and the car chase scenes are the best ever found in this genre of film. This is neither an action thriller nor a "shoot-em-up, chase 'em" film. It is a film that runs its own course and holds its own place.Finally, a movie that allowed you, if not forced you, to use your imagination. I found the plot to be compelling (who is really who and whom can you trust), De Niro is spot-on, and the car chase scenes are the best ever found in this genre of film. This is neither an action thriller nor a "shoot-em-up, chase 'em" film. It is a film that runs its own course and holds its own place. What's in the case? Who cares? It's a film that gets more appreciated the second, third and fourth time you see it. Expand
  5. RyanC.
    Apr 5, 2005
    Sometimes, it's okay to say that a movie's technical and visceral achievements are enough to make it great. In this otherwise reasonably good caper film, Frankenheimer manages to include the two best car chases ever put to film. More realistic than Bullitt, better than the Blues Brothers, the car chases are more-than-worthy successors to his camera-work in "Grand Prix" Sometimes, it's okay to say that a movie's technical and visceral achievements are enough to make it great. In this otherwise reasonably good caper film, Frankenheimer manages to include the two best car chases ever put to film. More realistic than Bullitt, better than the Blues Brothers, the car chases are more-than-worthy successors to his camera-work in "Grand Prix" That's worthy of a high rating. Expand
  6. MehmetS.
    Sep 7, 2003
    I can only say ..Fantastic movie... Jean Reno make me start learning French in this film..I'm serious..now I started to learn French at home by myself :D..I love that guy !!
    Apr 16, 2006
    This action thriller has two really great car chases, and the gun battle hit the mark. However, the performances are also good, and overall, the movie chooses intelligence over idiocy, resulting in a taut, tight and nimble thriller.
  8. CameronS.
    Jan 13, 2004
    How cool is Reno in this!! One of the best car chases ever, mad me want an audi s8 of my own!

Ronin manages to remain focused on the plot and the characters, even while staging increasingly complicated pyrotechnic set pieces and offering its share of white-knuckle moments.
  2. Although laced with adrenaline and flavored with noirish seasoning, John Frankenheimer's Ronin is a disappointingly conventional thriller.
    It remains head and shoulders above what little competition there is by virtue of its stellar casting, editing, and above all, Frankenheimer's fluid, explosive direction.