6.2

1. Mar 25, 2014
    This movie... YUCK! I have never seen such a bad movie in my life. The camera throughout the entire movie is obviously in full attempt to hide the guy rolling the tire. On top of that, what tire (I don't care what the movie is about) blows things heads off. I mean I've seen the movie like "The Car" where the car is possessed, but this, this is just complete and utter crap! Never watch this movie! The story line is pointless, the tire being possessed was pointless, the acting was absolutely horrible. Bad, bad, and guess what more bad! Expand
  2. Feb 14, 2014
    I wanted to hate this film. But I couldn't. It's so random and plot less that it seems absolutely unnecessary to create. Yet I did like it. The way everything fit together all made sense, no matter how dumb it sounded.
  3. Dec 8, 2013
    what logic is behind this movie personalliy I don't care. A movie about a tire could of been one of the worst movies I have ever seen but this is actually a good mysetry that has some problems and fails to deliver any logic.
  4. Jun 16, 2013
    Absolutely hilarious for the first 15 minutes or so simply because you cannot believe this was made into a movie. After that it becomes a chore to watch and is just plain boring. On the plus side, definitely the most unique film I have ever witnessed, But hopefully it's the last time I have to witness it.
  5. Feb 1, 2013
    "And now for something completely different!" RUBBER follows Robert the tire as he takes off on a deadly rampage through the desert, crushing everything in his path and using his powers of pyrokinesis to destroy anything he cannot kill through conventional means. Meanwhile, a group of spectators watch from afar, occasionally commenting on the carnage. The point? To have no point. To be completely without reason. And RUBBER proves its point very well. In fact, it may even be the most pointless film ever made! The silly premise is much better suited for the short film format, where its punch line would go off without a hitch instead of dragging it on to feature length. It provides only momentary satisfaction when Robert inquisitively inspects his surroundings and blows the heads off of innocent desert creatures in a fit of gory rage. Quentin Dupieux opens the film with a pretentious monologue about the pointlessness of cinema that immediately establishes his sense of self-importance. In other words, he is telling the audience they are not intelligent enough to understand that this is satire, so he spells it out for them. That does not make RUBBER any less clever or entertaining in small doses, however. RUBBER is unique enough in concept to warrant a view. Expand
  6. Jan 1, 2013
    one of the most strange and risky films of 2011, and that risk pays off admirably, funny, creepy, surreal, and highly effective, this is the most unique viewing experience i could recommend
  7. Oct 10, 2012
    Rubber's whole vantage point rises from the "there's no reason" standpoint we so often ask in movies. And to be honest, it's a very good question regarding the plots of films. But after 30 minutes or so, the film's shine and rather interesting question wear right off and we're left with a questionable film that really does make us ask "why did we sit through all of that?"
  8. Aug 2, 2012
    Truly Brilliant, my favorite part was the scene when Robert was watching NASCAR, it shows robert's character and it almost made me cry when he was shot. Such emotion and bam he is reincarnated into a tricycle, MASTERPIECE, Great movie, awesome great acting my favorite movie of this Century.
  9. Aug 1, 2012
    If you are a fan of absurd quirky films then you would probably enjoy this movie, however if not then I'd stay far away. It is what it announces at the beginning, a film about nothing. That's not to imply that nothing occurs. The film is quite funny and I was entertained throughout. Would I watch it again? Probably not, but I'm glad I saw it once.
  10. BKM
    May 29, 2012
    Rubber, aside from being almost migraine inducing-ly pretentious and devoid of humor, is dripping with contempt for its audience. The story of a tire rolling around the desert and killing anything in its path only pretends not to have a point. The real target is the viewer. Critics and intellectuals will attempt to uncover deeper meanings while casual viewers will scratch their heads and wonder what the point is. The sad truth is that the filmmakers have convinced us to watch 90 minutes of nothing. Expand
  11. Feb 8, 2012
    I developed a theory while watching Rubber. I honestly believe the filmmakers set out to make the most unwatchably pretentious, utterly repetetive, vile nonsense they could possibly come up with and then laugh hysterically at all of the morons who pull some kind of "unique hidden meaning" out of it. The film opens with a pointless opening monologue, followed by a three minute sequence of a tire "waking up", both of which had me scrambling for the fast forward button. Then things went sharply downhill from there. There's only about 30 minutes of actual content here, the rest is just one long shot of a tire rolling around after another after another until you want to cry. I love unique and quirky films with a passion but this film is neither, no matter how hard it tries to be. It's grating, irritating, stretched-out, inane, fatuous, embarrassing boredom on a piece of celluloid. Avoid at all costs!!! Expand
  12. Jun 26, 2011
    An amazing sense of style and wit rubber does what nothing before it has ever done, tries to make the worst film of all-time. Along the way the film about a killer tire redefines non sense by creating one of the smartest comedies ever. The sweat and sexy DSLR camera action also helps propel this indie to the next level. WARNING: The film is not for those that can't bare it's premise.
  13. May 10, 2011
    Okay - so there is 'no reason', there is 'no reason' for you or anyone to enjoy a feature length movie filled with long, drawn out shots of tires rolling around, the same lame ass deaths ('psychokinetic' tire explodes peoples brains) and the main character, on screen for about 50% of the film, is an ugly used car part devoid of any personality. Maybe I'm not smart enough to sit through this **** and enjoy it, but holy **** it was boring. Expand
  14. Apr 22, 2011
    First of all I need to say that this is not a horror film, and it is not one of those crap mockbusters that I am seeing more and more of, what it looks like from the start is a film for intellectuals and film buffs, but it is not. If you go in wanting to see a intellectual film or a horror film you will be disappointed, you really need to go in there expecting anything. this is why I think it has got a lot of bad reviews, because most critics are intellectual film buffs, and that is precisely who this film is taking the piss out of.
    Rubber starts in a very interesting way, where a sheriff appears to be directly addressing the audience but as it turns out is addressing another audience of the same film... actually never mind revealing anything in this film is a spoiler because of one thing. It dose not have a plot, it is the pure essence of unconnected randomness, it is so surreal and so perfect for it. Can I just say that if you give it a go, force yourself to watch the first 15 or so minutes, and if you like it then great, if you don't then tie one end of your skull to a wall and the other end to a truck moving away from the wall and EXPAND YOUR F***ING MIND. There is no reason to not like this film, it is not meant to be understood and even the supposed message is says it is delivering is not really what it is doing. what it is doing is the pure essence of every film, and showing that you don't need things like sense or plot to do it. What it is doing is entertaining you and if you don't let it then it is only your own fault that you didn't have fun.
  15. Apr 14, 2011
    It has pretty good death scenes & an interesting plot, but laughable dialogue & questionable storytelling makes this horror-comedy an easily forgettable movie.
  16. Apr 10, 2011
    What can I say..its not a horror but I can kind of call it a horror. Doesnt make sense does it. I thought the movie was very unique. Its different and surly wont be liked by many. I enjoy oddball horror flicks and this surly kept my attention. Its entertaining, gory scenes. Its a wtf kind of movie but worth a watch if you enjoy oddball flicks with blood n gore.
  17. Apr 4, 2011
    This movie absolutely made me pull my hair out. This movie's aspect on the "no reason" symbolism made me hate the movie even more. Granted that the movie was trying to make a film based on the reason that there is none but, in that respect, made me irritated through beginning to end. The parts that were supposed to be funny were not even wroth a chuckle and the times that the movie tried to horrific just made me want to fall asleep. I am a man who has watched many movies and I liked most of them even when people don't but this movie made me hate every second watching it. Expand
  18. Apr 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a really fun movie, with so many elements I enjoyed, but it's missing some through-line that made me feel especially good about it. I loved the "Scanners"-like telekinetic head explosions, and the PETA-hating bug/animal killings. The in-film audience (which took me back to "Shock Treatment") is a great touch, and the sheriff aka cinematic conspirator is hilarious ("Why was ET brown??"). It's similar to Being John Malkovich in it's convention. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something different, but it just lacked that final string that pulls it all together and makes want to rush out and see it again. Expand
  19. Apr 2, 2011
    This movie is by far the most unique film I have ever seen. It was like a weird dream when I was watching it. It had some funny parts and most of the time it couldn't be predicted what would happen next. I would have to say this is a must see movie for those who admire uniqueness.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 13, 2011
    It's a fun one to talk about -- if only for the opportunity to shake your head in amused disbelief at what you just saw.
  2. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    May 5, 2011
    Maybe Rubber is an homage, maybe it's a statement on horror films and their audiences, maybe it's a total goof.
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Apr 28, 2011
    The carnage is cartoonishly graphic, but the onlookers watching through binoculars from a nearby sandy bluff are impressed.