New Line Cinema | Release Date: February 23, 1996
8.7
Universal acclaim based on 66 Ratings
Watch Now
jp992751Jan 18, 2011
watching it you deeply desire to know more about the person the movie is about. Man on the Moon did this for me. It gave me a deep desire to learn more about Andy Kaufman and a want to have witnessed the man before his demise (or is he stillwatching it you deeply desire to know more about the person the movie is about. Man on the Moon did this for me. It gave me a deep desire to learn more about Andy Kaufman and a want to have witnessed the man before his demise (or is he still around somewhere still pulling pranks? ;) Whatever the reality is Carrey gave a performance of the life time, I can't say he portrayed Kaufman perfectly as I never really witnessed anything Andy had ever done, but if he was as Jim Carrey portrayed him than I am sure he was brilliant. Bravo to Jim and bravo Man on the Moon a movie for anyone who appreciates good drama, comedy, and a person who was so revolutionary in both that he was never was appreciated for what he did but now we can appreciate it. Expand
BerCJun 18, 2016
The artistic medium of film is very subjective. Every audience member has a different set of criteria they use to measure their viewing experience. Not everyone shares the same set of criteria. If we did, what a bland and uninspired worldThe artistic medium of film is very subjective. Every audience member has a different set of criteria they use to measure their viewing experience. Not everyone shares the same set of criteria. If we did, what a bland and uninspired world this would be.

What I Personally Liked About "Rumble in the Bronx":
Let's face it. The action takes the cake in a film like this. Jackie Chan is known for hard-hitting, fast-paced sequences involving tight choreography and reflexes a cheetah would be proud to possess. Jackie was at the peak of his powers in this production and it shows. He is a greased lightning bolt streaking across the screen and demolishing everyone and everything that gets in his way. It doesn't hurt that Jackie did his own stunts as well, showing a dedication to his craft that few action masters could muster. Chan's enthusiasm is another infectious reason to enjoy this rollicking romp. It's obvious he loves being on screen, he loves entertaining, he loves going out with all guns blazing at all times. His happiness at being part of a movie such as this is one more separation from the dime-a-dozen action heroes we were subjected to during the late eighties/early nineties. One has to thank Jackie for freeing us from the muscle-bound style of action that had been so dominant in the United States at that time.

What I Personally Disliked About "Rumble in the Bronx":
From time to time, "Rumble" has a tendency to place too much emphasis on cultural stereotypes to try and enhance its humor. This is a mistake. It robs the film of some of its vitality by taking the easy road. In addition, the finale of the film has a kind of "look at me, see what I can do" vibe where the concept of over-the-top becomes par for the course. It just seems to collapse under its own weight. Naturally, cutting a quarter of an hour from the motion picture for its American release was also not a smart move. It just shows that American executives have no clue when it comes to releasing foreign pictures here in the States. Even in the mid-nineties, the sort of fan who would have appreciated this film the most would have been the one who wanted to see the unedited version, not the cut-and-dub we have here.

My Overall Impression of "Rumble in the Bronx":
It will never be mistaken for Shakespeare, but as a straight action yarn it is fairly solid entertainment. You could do a whole lot worse in the realm of martial arts movies than this.
BroyaxJan 26, 2017
Quelques incohérences dans un scénario un peu lâche voire ridiculement foutraque et c'est peu de le dire ! Néanmoins le rythme demeure excellent tout du long, battu et mené par Monsieur Chan, le "fou volant", qui multiplie les cascades deQuelques incohérences dans un scénario un peu lâche voire ridiculement foutraque et c'est peu de le dire ! Néanmoins le rythme demeure excellent tout du long, battu et mené par Monsieur Chan, le "fou volant", qui multiplie les cascades de cinglé et les coups d'éclat qui laissent pantois : là, je dis, "Monsieur" Chan et je tire mon chapeau. Certes, c'est une habitude chez lui mais tout de même !

La réalisation est soignée et permet d'apprécier à leur juste valeur les péripéties de l'acteur avec en bonus annexe (on ne la voit pas autant qu'on le voudrait) la brillante Anita Mui. Bien que perfectible, un divertissement qui reste d'une belle qualité.