Sabotage

5.2

1. Apr 3, 2014
    A lot of blood and guts and an extreme amount of foul language. The theme was nothing new. The movie just didn't work as a whole. Also, A. Shwarzenegger, who I've enjoyed in more light hearted movies, was placed in a role which was not him. Way too serious for him.
  2. Feb 1, 2015
    I love David Ayer. I truly do. However even a fan such as I can't deny that Sabotage is truly a crap fest. It is boring, sloppy, poorly acted AND directed and contains some of the most awkward dialog I have ever heard.
  3. Mar 30, 2014
    Wrong movie for Shwarzenegger. It is a gritty and gruesome action movie, and Shwarzenegger is obviously out of his usual element. It is a disaster. It is depressing watching him in this one. Nobody sane in mind would call Shwartzenegger in a movie like this.
  4. Apr 3, 2014
    I was really looking forward to a dumb night at the movies with the "violent and brutal" SABOTAGE featuring our former governor. Awnold is dweadful. The cast includes some major players--all given nothing to do. The script is awful, Screaming **** every other word is not wit. But worst of all, it is directed at a Downton Abbey pace. In fact, Downton is more action oriented. Much more!I was really looking forward to a dumb night at the movies with the "violent and brutal" SABOTAGE featuring our former governor. Awnold is dweadful. The cast includes some major players--all given nothing to do. The script is awful, Screaming **** every other word is not wit. But worst of all, it is directed at a Downton Abbey pace. In fact, Downton is more action oriented. Much more!

The subject and plot is over the top but no one is given a shot to ham or camp it up. A real dud of the highest, or lowest, order.
  5. May 11, 2014
    Schwacher Actionfilm.

Der einzige Grund ist Arnold. Der Rest der Schauspieler bietet mittelmäßige Leistungen.
    Die Actionszenen und noch weniger die Handlung überzeugen. Arni sollte sich mit so lausigen Filmchen nicht den ruf versauen. Eien Verschwendung seiner Klasse.
  6. Jul 11, 2014
    When will Hollywood learn that making your super awesome action hero suddenly loose accuracy, is not a good way to create suspense. Come on!! This was sad!
  7. Jul 29, 2014
    If you have a couple of bucks to just throw out....
    VERY stupid story! Very poor acting! And even the actions were boring and far below the expectations of supposedly elite soldiers!
  8. Aug 5, 2014
    This movie would have been better without casting Sugar as an African American. I am tired of the Race Baiting; America will no longer tolerate it in any shape or form! But aside from that, the movie has gore, the storyline is grim and there is really nothing to look forward to in the ending of this movie. Just killing and more killing and then killing the people who were originallyThis movie would have been better without casting Sugar as an African American. I am tired of the Race Baiting; America will no longer tolerate it in any shape or form! But aside from that, the movie has gore, the storyline is grim and there is really nothing to look forward to in the ending of this movie. Just killing and more killing and then killing the people who were originally intended to be killed. The movie is extremely vulgar and rude, nobody respects anyone in this movie. It does have a brilliantly sadistic plot that will keep you linking parts of the storyline together long after you have wished you had never seen the movie...

Women are seemingly not the kind of role models a parent would want their daughter to aspire to; IE. Drug Use, Prostitution, Being Easily Exploited Politics. You will scarcely see a woman in this movie that wasn't a total idiot.

The only thing this movie has to be proud of is still being a better movie than "Dread."
  9. Jul 12, 2014
    I wasn't aware of this Arnie movie til my girlfriend downloaded it and asked,"Do you want to see a new Schwarzenegger movie?" This one was completely off my radar, and maybe it should of stayed that way. Sabotage isn't exactly a balls to the wall action film, there's a little bit of suspense thrown in for those of you new to that concept. Otherwise you've seen this formula before. Team ofI wasn't aware of this Arnie movie til my girlfriend downloaded it and asked,"Do you want to see a new Schwarzenegger movie?" This one was completely off my radar, and maybe it should of stayed that way. Sabotage isn't exactly a balls to the wall action film, there's a little bit of suspense thrown in for those of you new to that concept. Otherwise you've seen this formula before. Team of awesome "specialists" gets the blame for something missing/gone wrong, the leader is tossed, teams falls into disarray, leader comes back seeking payback, team gets killed one by one and there's something else, but I don't want to give it away. Trust me though when you see it it won't be anything earth-shattering. This movie falls on the dull side with boring dialog, Arnie isn't known for his acting chops, that mostly consists of cussing and insults. The action though is pretty decent, if you're looking for good gore in a movie it's here. Firefights are done well and don't seem too unrealistic, although there's one scene that had me and my girl laughing cause the blood looked more like someone dropped a bottle of BBQ sauce on the floor. In the end though it's just a very dull and forgettable movie. Arnold looks very tired in most of his scenes and all the other actors were just not interesting. It's the action in this movie that keeps it from being a total zero, but even those scenes added together only amount to something under 10 minutes. If you can watch it for free give it a go, if you're gonna pay for it pass it up. Expand
  10. Oct 7, 2014
    Dang it Arnold...bad call. This movie was set to be awesome and BA as far as action movies are concerned. I expected it to be just that. I was disappointed and even disgusted at what I saw in this film. A lot of blood, violence, bickering, and swearing. Which you can get away with in an action movie as long as there is a net to fall on like a character that is actually very smart coherentDang it Arnold...bad call. This movie was set to be awesome and BA as far as action movies are concerned. I expected it to be just that. I was disappointed and even disgusted at what I saw in this film. A lot of blood, violence, bickering, and swearing. Which you can get away with in an action movie as long as there is a net to fall on like a character that is actually very smart coherent and reasonable or sexy women or clever humor...of which there was none. It was all very vulgar, lowbrow, and just rude. There is only so much of that that can be taken without blemishing the movie. There was a definite guessing game that was kept alive as to who is behind what exactly, with a few holes but nothing too serious. But the end result was just disheartening and bleak. Nothing to hope for or look forward to. It is cool to see the governor getting swole and becoming the action hero we all love once again but its Just a dark movie that isn't really Arnold's type. Van-Damme or Segal maybe. But, come on. Expand
  11. Oct 8, 2014
    Utter crap. Pretty much every single person in this movie is annoying. The story is just there as an excuse for people to shoot each other. Total waste of acting talent, seeing as there are quite a few actors/actresses starring that I actually like. Oh, and the cursing, completely over-the-top unnecessary. And I'm not one to hate a movie just because of the amount of swearing in it. TheUtter crap. Pretty much every single person in this movie is annoying. The story is just there as an excuse for people to shoot each other. Total waste of acting talent, seeing as there are quite a few actors/actresses starring that I actually like. Oh, and the cursing, completely over-the-top unnecessary. And I'm not one to hate a movie just because of the amount of swearing in it. The Big Lebowski is one of my favourite films. Expand
  12. Dec 5, 2014
    I have to say, I wasn't expecting that much going into the movie. However, I did not expected to be as bad as it was. Unfortunately, Arnold Schwarzenegger is completely out of his element here. It is obvious throughout the whole movie that this was a script that was just not for him. Not even saying that the script is that good. In fact it's awful. Horrible dialogue with swears left andI have to say, I wasn't expecting that much going into the movie. However, I did not expected to be as bad as it was. Unfortunately, Arnold Schwarzenegger is completely out of his element here. It is obvious throughout the whole movie that this was a script that was just not for him. Not even saying that the script is that good. In fact it's awful. Horrible dialogue with swears left and right. The amount of foul language and this movie is ridiculous and completely unnecessary. I'm no stranger to foul language, but it needs to be used correctly. For example in Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained foul language was used beautifully. Here it's just there for the sake of being there. Almost everyone in this movie cannot act other than Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sam Worthington. The action sequences are fun and enjoyable. But in that way where it's just amusing to see people blow up and die. There was no real rhyme or reason to it and the action sequences were few and far between. All in all it was a terrible movie, with a terrible script, terrible acting, terrible plot, and two actors who did their best to carry the movie but no matter how hard they try there would be no saving this disaster. Expand
  13. Dec 8, 2014
    Why does Olivia Williams have to fake a terrible accent when The Schwartz doesn't? And what's with the editing? Did the wrong reel get dumped? The scene at Tripod's cabin made me wonder if I was slipping - were we 5-seconds behind the fight? But he saw him for a minute... It was mud. And the amazing writing at the cabin; "It's beautiful" -I thought she was being sarcastic.
    -This was a
    -This was a $35M budget, Come-on!
  14. Dec 28, 2014
    Excitement is in short supply in "Sabotage", a movie that boasts a fine performance from Arnold Schwarzenegger but adds poor characterization and a surprising, unnecessary amount of violence.
  15. Feb 4, 2015
    What a total disgrace! Turned off halfway through! Free from library, wasn't dumb enough to go see it much less pay anything to it. Moron critics on here actually went easy on it!
    Not only is this a so-called movie made for the lowest common denominator by the lowest common denominator, piss poorly at that with horrible photography, no script whatsoever and a cast of knowns whoring out in the most disgusting way imaginable.
    No it's even worse! These "actors", every one of them, show here they have either zero taste in choosing a script, zero care for the audience and are just cashing a paycheck, just choose a role based on who else accepted, or are too dumb to judge just how bad a script (if there even actually was one when they signed on?) this piece of awful **** was!
    Sadistically violent, filthy toilet bowl humor and gags beyond tolerable levels of utter disgust and vulgarity, unending mind numbingly repetitive profanity, and all of it completely unrealistic. Really beyond belief! You have to be total moron to go for this 'movie'!
    The people who made it should never work again in the industry, the Universal execs who greenlit it should be Fired, and ALL the actors here are now known as pathetic whores. That includes the actresses (abhorrent) and the Aussies who came to Hollywood under the phony guise of purporting to be real or serious actors.
    Saddest of all (and I am an old time fan and did like him as The Governator) is Arnold. This film shows just how pathetically poor his judgment is and calls into question how much luck played in his stardom. By all inside accounts a very smart guy, so why he is not smart enough to understand how he is needlessly destroying his legacy by doing these tasteless, vulgar, juvenile, depraved, BAD action flicks and how much the audience clearly does NOT want to see him in them anymore is a mystery and a shame. It is downright INAPPROPRIATE for a former governor to be using that kind of language and committing such sickening violent action in any movie, serious or not!
    Arnold, you lack good taste!
    The real tragedy is he could have gone back to the movies and played say an aging politician or something in a dramatic or comedic turn and it might have been good. Instead, like Stallone, he goes for dumb Z grade action flicks and not just blows it but bombs so bad he'll never recover now. Stallone is hit or miss but capable of greatness.
    Arnold it now seems is entirely in the hands of whoever is making the film.
    With Camaron it was gold, with this it's total **** He's like an ape in a circus act.
    What an abominable waste because like him or not, he is a Big personality and a screen icon. Maybe the new Terminator will be okay but not because of his control as an actor, because of that character.
    I was a fan.

1. Reviewed by: Amon Warmann
    May 21, 2014
    Arnie completists will enjoy seeing the Austrian Oak in good form, but as a whodunit thriller Sabotage is found severely wanting.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    May 5, 2014
    A bloody, scuzzy, progressively preposterous whodunnit, blending old school and new wave to neutering effect. One chunky plus: the all-new Antihero Arnie.
  3. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Apr 18, 2014
    There's a great sense of rot to everything as shot by Bruce McCleery, and David Sardy's score is propulsive and appropriately caustic. What ultimately works about Sabotage is the way it so unabashedly plays rough.