9.0

1. Apr 7, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. love this film, and the fact it touches on the fact that people are still about the colour of your skin and overcoming that, makes it all the more a good film to watch Expand
  2. NikolaK.
    Jul 7, 2007
    Great movie.
  3. MiaT.
    Jun 2, 2006
    This is the coolest movie ever i really like the dancing, it proves that no matter what color you are you can be accepted, i mean she was acceptd before she learned how they are she fit in right away she just had to open up and once she did everyone realized how great of a person she was. What an amazing movie, i really likes the song true colors it was inspiring and i liked the part This is the coolest movie ever i really like the dancing, it proves that no matter what color you are you can be accepted, i mean she was acceptd before she learned how they are she fit in right away she just had to open up and once she did everyone realized how great of a person she was. What an amazing movie, i really likes the song true colors it was inspiring and i liked the part which is my favorite is where sara and derek do the competition dance that was so cool and i learned that dance. Collapse
  4. BrianG
    Jan 9, 2006
    I absolutely loved this movie. It's inspirational in a sense, and is the only 'chick flick' I've watched more than once.
  5. BrittanyA.
    Oct 26, 2005
    I thought that the movie was awesome. I thought that the tables stood have been turned around though, and had Sara be black, and Derick be white, because even if we hardily see any interacial dating on film at all in the real world you always see black guys,a nd white girls together. I gave the movie a 10, because it was very good. I liked how no matter what color, or background they were I thought that the movie was awesome. I thought that the tables stood have been turned around though, and had Sara be black, and Derick be white, because even if we hardily see any interacial dating on film at all in the real world you always see black guys,a nd white girls together. I gave the movie a 10, because it was very good. I liked how no matter what color, or background they were from they weren't ashamed to be in love, and passionate about different types of dance. If there was to be a sequel I hope that the girl is balck an the guy is white. People need to see the tables turned sometimes. Expand
  6. DonnaC.
    Sep 2, 2005
    The movie was terrific. I loved that Sara loved Derek, it didn't bother her the color of his skin or what people thought. My favorite scenes are Stepps and the kissing.
  7. juliaa.
    May 22, 2005
    This movie is the best i see it all the time in my house.
  8. nikitaf.
    May 12, 2005
    It was a great.
  9. matv
    Apr 25, 2005
    Unoriginal and poorly directed. not everyone in the suburb acts and talks like a gangster. the tagline for the movie is The Only Person You need to be Is Yourself but Sara is only accepted when she dances and talks like a black person so the tagline is challenged.
  10. KayleaV.
    Mar 12, 2005
    This movie was the best movie I have ever seen, from the plot to the dancing, it was all great. I dont think any movie will ever be able to compare. I watch the movie over and over again and i have learned over half the dance.
  11. MaryEllenP.
    Feb 9, 2005
    I LOVED IT! awesome movie!
  12. DanielleM.
    Oct 15, 2004
    Really I would give this movie 100 because I personally LOVE this movie to death I watch this movie every single day and I never get tired of it I love every bit of it and I would have punched that girl if she started dancing with my man and I think Julia Stiles did a good job playing Sara in this movie especially when she hit Niki.
  13. KeinaS
    Aug 15, 2004
    This movie was an inspiration to me because my mom is a single parent and doesn't approve of me (being white) dating my boyfriend who is black. I have also been taking ballet for 10 years so this is definitely my movie. It deserves way more than a 10 on my scale. Julia and Sean were awesome in this movie.
  14. AndrewM.
    Aug 11, 2004
    Its cool.
  15. MarianneB.
    Jul 13, 2004
    I love it.. c: It makes me wanna go back to dancing ballet again. JULIA STILES ROCKS!!
  16. KatarinaK.
    Jul 12, 2004
    A truely inspirational movie for people of all ages! I watch it when I need a good pick-me-up. A winner! Definitely a 10!
  17. CaitlynD.
    Jul 12, 2004
    I, personally, LOVE this movie. Save the Last Dance has everything in a movie that I would want it to have. Action, romance, comedy, it's all there. I am a dancer myself and would reccomend this movie to anyone. This is truely a winner and will comfort and entertain people of all ages.
  18. SamanthaL.
    Jun 7, 2004
    It is a great film, it is a good romance film and i love it! i watch it all the time.
  19. TracyH.
    Jun 6, 2004
    Was a great film.
  20. LauraD.
    Mar 30, 2004
    Great!
  21. SaraP.
    Mar 21, 2004
    I love this movie! it's very realistic and its fun! They should make a sequal where there married with kids and she should like maybe teach a dance class or something!
  22. Lauren
    Mar 19, 2004
    My god! derek was so hot and the way the cultures merged and i really thought it was just a really great movie!
  23. JodieP.
    Mar 18, 2004
    I love this film its one of the best films in my book coz iam a dancer i learn parts of the move on this film and put it in my own dance.
  24. SummerD.
    Mar 18, 2004
    It has a really touching story that is full of emotion. and wats best bout dis movies iz dat ppl ov all ages will b able 2 undastand and appreciate the movie. Best movie i have eva seen!
  25. AshleyP.
    Jan 29, 2004
    I love the movie i watch it all the time.
  26. SandraH.
    Jan 20, 2004
    Perfect crew for a great movie. Brings out truths that aren't seen every day.
  27. MegS.
    Jan 20, 2004
    I loved it!
  28. ChristyW.
    Jan 17, 2004
    I LOVE this movie! I think its great that they put a movie out there about interracial couples! I'm in one, and couldnt be happier! I loved how they put all the different types of issues in one movie. I give it a 10!!!
  29. HeatherR.
    Jan 17, 2004
    I love this movie and all of the movies that Julia plays in i have seen them ALL!! she is a VERY good actor!! plz e mail me back!! and tell him some more interesting storys about her plz bc i am doin her for a report in my school!! plz send me some info! Thanks Heather.
  30. ChristianH.
    Jan 8, 2004
    This movie is awesome I know want to learn how to dance like her. And Elizabeth you are wrong this movie seems real I like it a lot of people took time to make it so just shut up when you start diss'n my movie again. pfffff please!
  31. KevinM.
    Dec 31, 2003
    This movie really inspired me to do what I think is right to do. It even changed my mind about dating other race even knowing that my father does'nt aprove of it. Kevin Mark
  32. MonicaE.
    Dec 28, 2003
    This was the best movie I have ever seen! I loved it this movie shows what it's like to be new, what peer preshur is like and, What you get when you follow your dreams. Cast of Save the Last Dance I love you!!!!!! I've watch this movie so many times and it shows me that I really want to follow my dancing dreams.
  33. AmandaS.
    Dec 24, 2003
    This movie is one of the best movie I've ever seen! It has a lot of emotional impact throughout the movie,and most defenetly Sarah.The story so realistic,and the interracial realtionship between Derek and Sarah. I hope there will be a Save the Last Dance 2.
  34. ReginaJ.
    Dec 24, 2003
    This movie is SO HOT! I saw it when it first came out...and it was DA BOMB! Now today...I think its the BOMB! still. Holla Ree
  35. JuliaS.
    Dec 9, 2003
    It`s a great film with a fantastic story line! It`s my favourite movie! My girl friend mandy and me, we saw it ca. 19x! We dance some steps out of this movie! Sara you are the best! we love you.
  36. VenessaM.
    Dec 6, 2003
    It was a good movie.
  37. CassandraF.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!
  38. ElisabethB.
    Nov 29, 2003
    Yeh Save the Last Dance was a good movie because it had a good plot to it. But i think that sara kinda acted her color if ya know that i mean !! Nikki i would have stayed with her because she's pretty and she can dance !! It was so unreal !! Why woukd you quit Ballet just because your mom died? That doesn't make any sense !! Chanel she was cool and i liked her clothes !!
  39. Veronica
    Nov 21, 2003
    I love this movie, one of my favorites. It's very inspirational to watch a young girl move on and get into julieyard after her mother dies. i love the danceing, and the romance between Derrek and Sarah. I just love how it teaches to shoot for her dreams.
  40. SaraG.
    Nov 21, 2003
    Excellent film, jammin' sound track. ***** 5 Stars. Worth watching!
  41. Kari
    Nov 12, 2003
    I love the fact that this movie proves you dont have to be a certain color to love. It goes beyond that and it sends a good message to everyone: No matter what color your skin is you should alwayz keep up the fight and work hard for what you want and love at the same time.
  42. TanyaS.
    Nov 12, 2003
    Awesome! I love it. It's not some stupid movie, it really passed the cut! Every1 should c it.
  43. GabriellaK.
    Nov 8, 2003
    This is one of my all-time favorite movies. I loved the story line. The dancing is awesom and the music is great! Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas were a hit. It also showed that interracial romances can work out if you want them to. This movie showed that if you can believe it you can achieve it.
  44. Marta
    Nov 8, 2003
    It great film!!!
  45. Candace
    Nov 6, 2003
    Save the Last Dance is an inspirational film about the love of different cultures which puts through the point that people from different worlds from different back grounds CAN love each other. and then you just have to go for your dreams. Your dreams and goals are yours and no one else's, you have to be the one to come back, never give up and always try your best. A truly well Save the Last Dance is an inspirational film about the love of different cultures which puts through the point that people from different worlds from different back grounds CAN love each other. and then you just have to go for your dreams. Your dreams and goals are yours and no one else's, you have to be the one to come back, never give up and always try your best. A truly well rounded and awesome film. Expand
  46. CourtneyH.
    Oct 16, 2003
    WOW!! I love this movie! Not only is sean patick thomas hott but it taught me to strive for my dream no matter what, beacause if i know its what i want then its all me!!!! This movie is awesome!
  47. ElenaD.
    Oct 7, 2003
    I luv this film.
  48. CassandraF.
    Oct 5, 2003
    I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!
  49. MollyH.
    Sep 23, 2003
    this is one of muh all time fav. movies!!! I love it! muh friends and I learned all the dances they do in this movie! yal gotsta see this one...
  50. Daniela
    Sep 20, 2003
    I think this movie is grate. I love it. The hip-hop is muy live.
  51. Kate
    Sep 8, 2003
    I LOVE THIS MOVIE! The dancing is amazing. I've even been trying to learn the dance. A MUST SEE!
  52. HanneW.
    Aug 22, 2003
    I love the dancing and music.
  53. EmiliaM.
    Aug 18, 2003
    I love this movie!!!! I watch it everyday!!! It's a must see!!!!!!
  54. Babebeautiful
    May 3, 2003
    It's about a movie like this comes out. It has so many good Interesting and important themes that make people think. Nothing is wrong with dating other cultures it's actully very good, it opens up your mind to new things. I'm so happy that Save the Last dance made an impact on people.
  55. CuteChika
    Feb 25, 2003
    Der beste film aller zeiten!!!
  56. EmmaP.
    Jan 15, 2003
    I think it is a great flim, the dancing is great and Sean Patrick Thomas (Derek) is so FIT its amazing, i hope theres a look alike out there for me! i watch it over and over i cant get enough of it!
  57. ShaboffaA.
    Nov 27, 2002
    I loved it and i thought derek was hott i would like to be sara thats all i have to say peace out!!!!
  58. Sarah
    Nov 15, 2002
    *AwEsOmE mOvIe! I loved it, julia stiles is a great actress & the movie itself was just great! You should go see the move, it's wonderful*
  59. ErinB.ALASKA
    Sep 30, 2002
    I love this movie and watch it over and over. It makes you feel like you are in the setting, which is totally cool. And FREDRO STARR!!! OWW...what a babe*!!!! I love him to pieces and Sean Patrick Thomas is a hottie too. I could watch this movie all day long if I had nothing else to do. I would love to see a save the last dance 2. It's nice to see other people who love the movie as I love this movie and watch it over and over. It makes you feel like you are in the setting, which is totally cool. And FREDRO STARR!!! OWW...what a babe*!!!! I love him to pieces and Sean Patrick Thomas is a hottie too. I could watch this movie all day long if I had nothing else to do. I would love to see a save the last dance 2. It's nice to see other people who love the movie as much as I do...at least I know I'm not going insane. And for all you who don't like the movie, you got bad taste!! FREDRO STARR ALL THE WAY BABY!!! Expand
  60. Chloë
    Sep 28, 2002
    This film had it all and its the best movie i have ever seen, and if you can read between the lines you would get so much more out of this movie then you can get out of any other movie...SEE IT.
  61. MegS.
    Jul 26, 2002
    I loved it!
  62. S.R.
    Jul 18, 2002
    I really enjoyed this movie. It shows how two people from different lifestyles can get together. I would reccomend this movie to anyone. Plus Sean Patrick Thomas is a hottie!!
  63. VickiW.
    Jun 17, 2002
    It's my fave film! heres the link for my club about it - plz join!! http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/ilovesavethelastdance
  64. Cassie
    Jun 13, 2002
    It was an awsome film and I have seen it over 15 times. Sean Patrick Thomas was sooooo hot in this movie. I loved the music and the dancing.
  65. K.R.
    Jun 4, 2002
    This was the coolest movie ever!! not to mention w/lots of hot guys ;)
  66. NikolaK.
    May 30, 2002
    Great movie.
  67. Janae
    May 29, 2002
    I loved this movie!
  68. CassandraM.
    May 12, 2002
    Is there going to be a save the last dance 2? it would be cool if there was. i like this movie a lot and my mom always tells me not to watch it everyday (i watch it anyway). It shows people that you can date of a different race and fit in. The dancing in the movie is cool! I hope there is going to be a #2!!! The songs on the movie were great.
  69. ChelseaK.
    May 12, 2002
    This is the best movie i have ever seen....It has awesome music and dancing....Sean Patrick Thomas is damn fine...There is only one word to describe this movie *Excellent*...Julia Stiles was really good in it....I think everyone should watch this movie....Best Movie Ever
  70. DaisyD.
    May 9, 2002
    It's just WONDERFUL. That's all I can say about this movie.
  71. JordannyB.
    Apr 28, 2002
    Great movie, nice moves... seen it 5 times, still enjoying it.
  72. ShortyL.
    Apr 28, 2002
    This movie is tha bomb 4 sho!!!!! Sean Patrick Thomas is a hotty 4 life... ciao
  73. CarmenB.
    Apr 21, 2002
    The best movie ever!!! The music 's very cool, the actors too and the dance is amazing!!!! I don't understand why the critics are so average, maybe because the people who write the reviews are so old and don't understand anytihing about dance ,hip-pop and young people.
  74. Janna
    Apr 14, 2002
    Great film. It's definitely top in my charts. It seems so realistic.
  75. BlizzLover
    Apr 9, 2002
    This film gave me the taste of dancing. There are many feeling, it?s sweet and very interesting! When you see this movie, it's sure you smile.
  76. RachelW.
    Apr 7, 2002
    I loved this movie cause Sean Patrick Thomas was in it and it's so romantic. How lucky is Julia Stiles? Getting to kiss him. He's so hot.
  77. CamilleB.
    Mar 29, 2002
    I loved it because it has Sean Patrick Thomas in it & because it has lots of dancing in it.
  78. MichelleP.
    Mar 6, 2002
    This is by far my favorite movie...I love the slammin' dance moves and the songs to dance to. The ratings just don't go high enough. It makes you move in you seat as soon as you hear the music.
  79. JessicaS.
    Feb 14, 2002
    "Dirty Dancing" meets "Romeo and Juliet!" FANTASTIC! I loved it!
  80. CassieW.
    Feb 10, 2002
    I loved this movie. Sean and Julia worked well together. Now I am gonna watch it a lot more because I have the movie now. Thanx for makin a great movie!!!
  81. Ashlie
    Feb 4, 2002
    I loved this movie. It inspired me to dance and look at people differently. Plus Stiles and Thomas are great together.
  82. CelienC.
    Feb 4, 2002
    It's a very cool, great, slammin, fantastic,...film!!! I'm going to buy this film for my birthday (18-04-1987) because I like it so much!!! A great applause for sara and derek!
  83. Stephanie
    Feb 2, 2002
    This movie is AMAZING, it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas work amazing together. They should work together on another movie!
  84. RachaelS.
    Jan 30, 2002
    This movie was by far one of the best movies of the year, as a teenager I can identify with a lot of the characters and its not like some punk out after school special, it has actual things that us as teenagers have to deal with.
  85. AngelaB.
    Jan 27, 2002
    It was a great movie. I don't like dance, but for a movie ABOUT dance it was great!!!
  86. CatherineS.
    Jan 23, 2002
    I loved it. It was a great movie!!
  87. JoW.
    Jan 20, 2002
    I would have given it a rating ten times higher than this! It is the best movie I have ever seen! It deals with so many important issues that are going on in the world today. Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas were brilliant!
  88. CoraleeP.
    Jan 12, 2002
    I luv this movie. I saw it 4 times in 2 days, it is one of the best movies i have ever seen. It totally gets 2 thumbs up aswell as 2 toes up.
  89. KatharineL.
    Jan 10, 2002
    It's an emotional an fantastic movie. Julia Stiles is great alongside Sean Patrick Thomas. It really makes you think about the black and white division that is still happening in the world.
  90. KarishaD.
    Dec 31, 2001
    This movie is awesome!!! It makes you want to be a part of the neighborhood. I definitely think it's the best movie ever made! They should consider making Save The Last Dance 2 and let us know how things turned out!
  91. LisaC.
    Dec 30, 2001
    On a scale from 1-10, I give it an 11. This movie took a stand and brought out an issue many people are afraid to talk about-interracial dating. There DEFINITELY needs to be more movies that talk about this issue so people can get over their petty, ignorant prejudices.
  92. StephanieVanL.
    Dec 21, 2001
    I just love this movie, but only the beginning is a bit boring. What I like the most is the fact that u can learn the hiphopdance yourself while watching the movie. The interracial relation is also cool, cause we don't get to see that a lot in movies. People should make more movies like this one.
  93. KirstyW.
    Dec 19, 2001
    Totaly brilliant.
  94. SummerB.
    Dec 12, 2001
    This movie was the best! I lOVE the characters and the portrayal of the ghetto. They also are acting like the average person and it made you feel like you were there. I really understood it.
  95. JessicaC.
    Dec 5, 2001
    It lets people get an idea of how many issues teens must put up with. Sometimes you do have like 20 different problems going on at one time in your life. I give hats off to Thomas Carter.
  96. PedroB.
    Dec 4, 2001
    It was the best movie that I had ever seen, and the soundtrack is even better.
  97. TinaW.
    Nov 25, 2001
    This is the sweetest, coolest an best movie EVER! I LOVE IT!
  98. AshleyM.
    Nov 23, 2001
    This Movie Is AWESOME, I LOVE Julia Stiles she?s so original, she can do anything. This movie was just great all around, that's why I gave it a 10!!
  99. HetalM.
    Nov 14, 2001
    This movie was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas give a dazzling performance. I loved the movie!!
  100. KinaC.
    Nov 6, 2001
    We need more movies that help us understand the delicate issue of interracial dating so that others will stop their prejudice. A 10 for sure!

Takes its cues from the musical dramas of the '70s, but this otherwise engaging young-adult romance never quite catches Saturday night fever.
  2. Reviewed by: Jay Carr
    The most traditional of Hollywood romances, in that it's resolutely about nice people with nice problems.
  3. While it flirts with "After School Special"-ness, at least has the courage to address racial and cultural cliches with a degree of honesty.