5.7

1. May 11, 2011
    Okay, this film is better than the original, but it's still terrible. I like how they actually used original Hannah Barbera villians from the original show rather than badly cgi-ed sun-allergic creatures. Just to see the Black Knight Ghost, 10,000 Volt Ghost and Miner 49-er put a smile on my face. Also, Seth Green starred in this film. I'm a fan of the guy, especially since he's creator ofOkay, this film is better than the original, but it's still terrible. I like how they actually used original Hannah Barbera villians from the original show rather than badly cgi-ed sun-allergic creatures. Just to see the Black Knight Ghost, 10,000 Volt Ghost and Miner 49-er put a smile on my face. Also, Seth Green starred in this film. I'm a fan of the guy, especially since he's creator of Robot Chicken and starred in Buffy for 3 years. I also liked when Shaggy and Scooby encountered the Cotton Candy Glob. Matthew Lillards performance is still brilliantly spot-on But, those are the only good points The movie is quite dull, the characters aren't much like the original cartoon counterparts and we have another mystery that seems to give us more clues that appear from out of the blue. Also, I cringe at hollywoods attempts to make this film "hip" by adding Big Brovaz in to rap (remember them? No, me neither) At least theres no Scrappy F*cking Doo this time around This one's definately for the kids Expand
  2. Jan 21, 2014
    Wow, this is worse than the first one, there is still **** CGI like the first one, there still horrible acting, and jokes, and it is still a **** movie.
  3. AlokN.
    Apr 24, 2004
    Fun movie.
  4. Mar 7, 2011
    This was even worst than the first, they still can't get that classic Scooby Doo feel, the crappy actors, bad jokes, and retarded story make this movie unenjoyable, as a huge fan of Scooby Doo I can't find a reason to recommend this to anyone.
  5. Jun 5, 2012
    A Really Good Effort Again..
    Ignore The Critic's Same Plot As The 1st One Good Movie!
  6. NickR.
    Mar 31, 2004
    The fact that they will be using some of the original monsters from the cartoon is cool, but they should have made everything more Scooby traditional.
  7. MarkB.
    Jul 12, 2004
    I never really "got" Scooby-Doo; it's one of those seemingly universally beloved TV series that I could never tell whether I was watching a first-run episode or a rerun of...but at least in its "classic" (read; pre-Scrappy) years it was apparently trying for some kind of suspenseful or spooky atmosphere, however ineffectively. This loud, obnoxious, jokey movie translation, like the I never really "got" Scooby-Doo; it's one of those seemingly universally beloved TV series that I could never tell whether I was watching a first-run episode or a rerun of...but at least in its "classic" (read; pre-Scrappy) years it was apparently trying for some kind of suspenseful or spooky atmosphere, however ineffectively. This loud, obnoxious, jokey movie translation, like the first one, substitutes fart jokes. Matthew Lillard mugs so much as Shaggy that his rather impressive Casey Kasem impersonation is buried beneath a less-successful Jerry Lewis one; Sarah Michelle Gellar unbelievably turned down a final chance to play Buffy the Vampire Slayer on an episode of Angel but went for the silly, thankless role of Daphne again--talk about swapping one's birthright for a mess of pottage! As for Freddie Prinze Jr.; well, he's Freddie Prinze Jr. once again, which I assure you is no compliment. Only Linda Cardellini comes off well as Velma; in fact, she breaks the legal limits of adorableness in at least 23 states...and that IS a compliment. Now that this movie franchise has hopefully run its course, if Warner Bros. wants to do any more full-length adaptations of any more Hanna-Barbera baby boomer faves, maybe they could bring Hal Needham out of retirement to direct Wacky Races: The Movie, starring Paul Giamatti as Dick Dastardly, Viggo Mortensen as Peter Perfect, and...uh...Sarah Michelle Gellar as Penelope Pitstop. It probably won't turn out much better than the Scooby-Doo flicks, but Lord knows it can't be much worse! Expand
  8. ChadS.
    Jul 7, 2004
    Seth Green was Willow's first boyfriend, too, which cinches our suspicions that Velma will be a Sleater-Kinney lovin' lesbian someday. Sarah Michelle Gellar, a cipher like her husband in the first "Scooby Doo", is allowed to tap into her inner-Buffy this time, by kicking some monster-ass with her built-for-action body, and dispensing big sisterly-advice to bolster Velma(Linda Seth Green was Willow's first boyfriend, too, which cinches our suspicions that Velma will be a Sleater-Kinney lovin' lesbian someday. Sarah Michelle Gellar, a cipher like her husband in the first "Scooby Doo", is allowed to tap into her inner-Buffy this time, by kicking some monster-ass with her built-for-action body, and dispensing big sisterly-advice to bolster Velma(Linda Cardellini)'s confidence in her ability to attract men. Daphnie's advice leads to a possible homage to "Grease". "Scooby-Doo 2" is bookended by a horrible "Singin' in the Rain"-inspired beginning, and a grating plug for "American Idol" at its end, but the anticipatory loud and incoherent mess of story and special effects, which does come to fruition with a slew of monsters and low-brow hi-jinks, manages to be mildly entertaining; somehow, someway, not the (overtly) mind-numbing experience you'd expect. Expand
  9. NickG.
    Aug 16, 2004
    Occasionally clever special effects do not make up for abominable so-called acting, the complete absence of wit and a story line apparently cooked up over breakfast the first day of shooting. Absolute torture. Kids deserve better.
  10. HarrisonB.
    Aug 8, 2004
    I liked Scooby-Doo 2 a lot better than the first one. I liked it better because it had monsters from the actual show. I thought it was very funny. Scooby-Doo 2 was good.
  11. SarahN.
    Oct 10, 2004
    I absolutley loved Scooby Doo 2! I think it was just as good as the first one. Both my cousin (age 10) and me (age 15) enjoyed the first one and the sequel. I think if you liked Scooby Doo then you should definatley see Scooby Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed!!
  12. CameronS.
    Mar 26, 2004
    This movie was sooo much better than the first one. Even though it is somewhat stupid, this movie is still entertaining, has a better plot, smarter script and pretty cool special effects. I thought this was a good movie and is a good family movie.
  13. AlokN.
    Mar 28, 2004
    Fun movie.
  14. AshleyS.
    Mar 29, 2004
    This movie was boring. My boyfriend and I hated it I think the first one was much better.
  15. JeffV.
    Jul 3, 2006
    I grew up with Scooby Doo, I
  16. Shana-ann
    Jul 21, 2004
    I thought it was very cool. I and my friend [who are both teens] enjoyed it, and so did my two cousins [8 and 4] who went with me. Granted, I knew who the culprit was before the movie even started [I bought the book before the movie...darn my logic], but it was still fun to leave my cousins and friend guessing.
  17. Oct 27, 2010
    it wasn't as good as the first, but I think it has enough humor and perfect visuals to impress us.
  18. Apr 18, 2011
    This Movie Is Cute! :D Overall The Acting, Writing, And Production Values Were All Fine..
    Some Moments In This Movie Are Great, But Some Seem Chipped, Or Boring...
    Overall 8!
  19. Dec 3, 2011
    Scooby-Doo 2 is better than the original. There is a lot more action, and in some ways, an even better story. I also like that this sequel contains original villains from the original cartoon series.
  20. Jul 14, 2012
    Ignore the critics. This movie was pretty fun. Generally it outdoes it's predecessor in every way and succeeds in being pretty funny in several scenes. The script is also much stronger and Lillard turns in another spectacular performance as Shaggy. Much better.
  21. Nov 12, 2012
    It's better than the first dose of Doo, but not by much. I say- bring the cartoon Scooby Doos to the theaters- and bring these live-action flops straight to DVD.
  22. Nov 28, 2012
    Incredibly simpleminded, and featuring more gut punches to the original show than subtle nods.
  23. Mar 19, 2013
    A bit more loyal to the show than the original movie, but perhaps a bit too much at times to the point of it being silly. Some things work as a cartoon, but just look stupid in live action. Again, Shaggy & Scooby are the stars, doing what we all know and love. The rest of the cast are just a mess, further distancing themselves from their characters in order to readjust to be moreA bit more loyal to the show than the original movie, but perhaps a bit too much at times to the point of it being silly. Some things work as a cartoon, but just look stupid in live action. Again, Shaggy & Scooby are the stars, doing what we all know and love. The rest of the cast are just a mess, further distancing themselves from their characters in order to readjust to be more "believable." Considering the premise of the movie, that's a bit of a joke in itself. Overall: While the movie can be a bit entertaining at times, it's poor script and silly premise just ruin it most of the time. Expand
  24. Jan 25, 2015
    This film is very underrated, I loved it when I was younger and while I don't love it as much as I used too, I still think it's decent.
    I'll admit there are one too many silly moments, but when it's not silly it's awesome, the scene with Velma, Daphne and the Black Knight ghost is so much fun, and reminds me a lot of the carton series, there are some out of place moments here, but it's still awesome, and the final scenes are fantastic, as is the scene where the gang are being attacked in the mystery machine, by the pterodactyl, it's awesome.
  25. Jul 6, 2014
    This movie makes the first one look good. Did anyone on the set give a sh*t about what they were doing? This movie just plains to be silly, incoherent and pathetically laughable. If you're going to watch this, think 5 times.
  26. Oct 11, 2014
    Ignore the CGI, this movie is not awful, I actually enjoyed it and still do. I think the idea's pretty good and had some really good moments from the actors and as a bonus this movie turned out much better than the first one which is kind of like a disaster in progress.

1. By the time they're done with all the tinkering, "Scooby-Doo" ends up bearing as much a resemblance to Hanna-Barbera as the recent "Cat in the Hat" did to Dr. Seuss.
  2. Reviewed by: Joshua Land
    As one five-year-old critic at the press screening astutely observed during a would-be sensitive moment: "Boooorrring!"
    Fans of the TV series will again be happy to see some of the old Saturday-morning villains, and Bill Boes' excellent production design outdoes his work in the first film.