5.5

1. Oct 23, 2010
    Ignore the critics. I had a great time watching this hilarious adaptation of the animated TV series from the late 60s.
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    This is probably the best you're going to get attempting a live-action Scooby Doo. It's just not meant to be.
  3. raVen
    Jan 3, 2004
    (4.5) Fans of the original cartoon series who watch this movie will become even greater fans of the original cartoon series, and recall how much better it was (is). The best explanation for this movie's shortcomings, I think, is that it tried to complicate the simplicity that made Scooby Doo Where Are You? so charming....The makers used what they thought we all liked about the idea (4.5) Fans of the original cartoon series who watch this movie will become even greater fans of the original cartoon series, and recall how much better it was (is). The best explanation for this movie's shortcomings, I think, is that it tried to complicate the simplicity that made Scooby Doo Where Are You? so charming....The makers used what they thought we all liked about the idea (See: knowing innuendo and firmly entrenched character traits) and lampooned what they thought we didn't like about it (See: knowing innuendo and firmly entrenched character traits). They created a cynical self-promoting through self-mocking schizophrenia that is crowned at last by a matching surprise ending. I can't be sure, but I would guess that a lot of loving care went into the production of the animated classic -- campy as it might seem to many. It was innocent fun. This film has none of that, but instead the feeling that it was accomplished at the behest of royalty-hungry Hollywood creatures that may bear close resemblance to this ghastly CGI Scooby. For their part, I think the MTV-brand actors did everything they could, (not much,--but still) and I didn't mind their attempted expansion of their characters' range. But a sad mess otherwise. Expand
  4. OrigS.
    Jun 17, 2002
    Please, don't pass the scooby snacks...
  5. Jun 3, 2013
    This movie is great. Scooby and Shaggy made me laugh so much! I hope they make more because you never know what is going to happen next to the gang. Scooby Doo, where are you??
  6. Jun 5, 2012
    Ignore All The Bad Reviews From Critic's This Is A Cute Scary And Funny Movie!
    A Really Good Adaptation From Scooby-Doo Where Are You?
  7. Apr 18, 2011
    I Have Allways Loved S.D. But I Also.... Love This Movie! A Great Childrens/Teen Movie! Overall The Acting Is Very Good & Cute :D The Script Once In A While Seems Repeating Its Self...
    Overall 9!
  8. Oct 17, 2011
    Yup. The crude poster says it all....
  9. DamianF.
    Sep 5, 2002
    This is the best movie i ever watched, i liked scooby doo a lot. hope there is a sequel.
  10. JessicaC.
    Jul 9, 2002
    I luv scooby doo! its sooo fun to watch. youve got to watch it if you havent! its so funny!
  11. Jo-dT.
    Mar 25, 2003
    This movie woz ace i love scooby and all the gang.
  12. RichM.
    Jul 14, 2003
    Not a great scooby reencarnation but still a great film.
  13. RichyM.
    Jul 14, 2003
    Brilliant.
  14. AndrewB
    May 21, 2005
    Received the DVD as a free throw-away from British Telecommunications. Presumably an advertising gimmick. Watched this sat on setee with my son with my knee packed in ice after an injury and him recovering from a viral infection. Seems to sum up the film well - him recovering from vomiting and me in agony. Hopefully it'll be years and years before either of us is ill enough to watch Received the DVD as a free throw-away from British Telecommunications. Presumably an advertising gimmick. Watched this sat on setee with my son with my knee packed in ice after an injury and him recovering from a viral infection. Seems to sum up the film well - him recovering from vomiting and me in agony. Hopefully it'll be years and years before either of us is ill enough to watch it again. I recall watching the cartoons after school years and years ago. Wish I'd got myself a life and smashed the box.... British Telecommunications? A profits warning a few years ago....I hope they sacked that advertising executive....but that'll explain why they were giving away the DVD for free! No sane person would want to own one - surely not. Expand
  15. JakeM.
    Jul 8, 2002
    Wow, I finally realized that these people who are doggin' on Scooby have every right too, the characters are far from there counterparts in the 2-D world. But I can't talk a lot of trash about this movie because even through it was a stupid kid movie, i still thought it was kinda cool. But i warn you, its also an extremely stupid movie.
  16. ErikaM.
    Nov 10, 2002
    This movie rocked! and any movie with matthew lillard in it deserves a 10! he is such a hottie and still he was in this movie with the shaggy hair! Freddie was also kida hot in this movie but blonde is not a good look for him. Velmas voice kinda bored me, and Daphnea's moves and lines werent that great. Scooby Rocked!! and scrappy was so cute. but this movie was great only cuz it had This movie rocked! and any movie with matthew lillard in it deserves a 10! he is such a hottie and still he was in this movie with the shaggy hair! Freddie was also kida hot in this movie but blonde is not a good look for him. Velmas voice kinda bored me, and Daphnea's moves and lines werent that great. Scooby Rocked!! and scrappy was so cute. but this movie was great only cuz it had matthew and freddie without them this movie wouldnt have gone over to well. Expand
  17. Sarah
    Oct 28, 2002
    And all three points go to Lillard. He IS Shaggy. Definately made for the role. Not much can be said for the rest of the cast though. Cardellini, while a babe, bored me with her dull voice. Sure, it suits Velma, but the hint of sqeakiness to it just makes my skin crawl. //The guy she got drunk with was pretty cute though. ^_~// Gellar and Prinze? Gah. Those two I have developed a stong And all three points go to Lillard. He IS Shaggy. Definately made for the role. Not much can be said for the rest of the cast though. Cardellini, while a babe, bored me with her dull voice. Sure, it suits Velma, but the hint of sqeakiness to it just makes my skin crawl. //The guy she got drunk with was pretty cute though. ^_~// Gellar and Prinze? Gah. Those two I have developed a stong sense of dislike towards. It's bad enough that Prinze's ego annoys me to no end, but Gellar's constant whining makes me want to slap her. Unfairly, I suppose. Still, good casting. These two wouldn't be able to get a more perfect role. Again, cheers to Lillard. And Scooby. Expand
  18. DagnyR.
    Jun 17, 2002
    I absolutely loved this movie.
  19. Jackieeee
    Jul 7, 2002
    Cute.
  20. Bcyahoe
    May 5, 2003
    This movie rocks my socks. I love it. Scooby doo is a god among cartoons. And is great even if he's a 3d character.
  21. TrystanS.
    Oct 29, 2002
    All I gotta say is that this was almost my favorite move, in fact it would have, all they had to do was leave stupid Scrappy out of the whole idea, and it would have been one of my all time favorites. But it works really great for Halloween.
  22. MichaelS.
    Oct 9, 2002
    Keep the dog back in it's doghouse and give the actors some advice please! It's really not good! Only the kids will like it, but than there are scary ghosts... Oh yeah, and where stays Scooby Doo 2?
  23. ChadS.
    Jun 23, 2002
    "Scooby Doo" could've been a lot of fun if they stuck to the late-sixties milieu instead of annoying us with the MTV beach house vibe. Fans of the cartoon would rather see Matthew Sweet instead of the guy from Sugar Ray as a zombie. However, Lillard as Shaggy and Cardellini as Velma are fun to watch, and how they recast the surprise guest is kind of inspired. Scooby gets off one "Scooby Doo" could've been a lot of fun if they stuck to the late-sixties milieu instead of annoying us with the MTV beach house vibe. Fans of the cartoon would rather see Matthew Sweet instead of the guy from Sugar Ray as a zombie. However, Lillard as Shaggy and Cardellini as Velma are fun to watch, and how they recast the surprise guest is kind of inspired. Scooby gets off one funny throwaway line, and to my surprise, looks plausible enough so the cgi doesn't drive you to distraction. "Scooby Doo" is not a good movie but it's no "Howard the Duck". Expand
  24. JordanW.
    Jul 1, 2002
    It had a great plot, very funny and all the characters seem to work very well together. I highly recomend this film, I was laughing the whole time.
  25. TrixieJ.
    Jul 4, 2002
    Very funny. If you like Freddy Prince Jr., or Matthew Lilard then you should see Scooby-Doo.
  26. JessicaP.
    Jul 8, 2002
    Oh, ppl, pulease. The ones who say Scooby Doo was terrible and had to you've gt to watch, don't listen to those cheapos. It surprising that Shaggy can last a fart for about 2 minutes in the show! LOL! that was funny.
  27. LauraB.
    Sep 2, 2002
    It was VERY GOOD!!!!
  28. ErinS.
    Apr 9, 2003
    This movie was stupid and annoying i wish i would've never seen it.
  29. christopherb
    May 21, 2005
    I laughed but four times watching this DVD. I wouldn't suggest you watch it evey day.
  30. JeffV.
    Jul 3, 2006
    If you never "got" Scooby Doo, then don't go see it; and don't rate it! I grew up with Scooby Doo, am in my 40's, and I LOVe these movies! Except for Fred and Daphnie, the characters are right-on the mark. Fred and Daphnie are actually deeper in the movie than they were in the cartoon. But it is really about Scooby, Shaggy, and the brains of Velma; In other words, it's If you never "got" Scooby Doo, then don't go see it; and don't rate it! I grew up with Scooby Doo, am in my 40's, and I LOVe these movies! Except for Fred and Daphnie, the characters are right-on the mark. Fred and Daphnie are actually deeper in the movie than they were in the cartoon. But it is really about Scooby, Shaggy, and the brains of Velma; In other words, it's not the good-looking popular types that save the day, it's the goofy or brainy misfits. A good message to children who may be feeling awkward; showing that even the fearful, goofy or nerdy ones can be cool; and usually turn out to be the coolest. A really fun nostalgic ride. And yes, we all hated Scrappy ;-) Expand

As live-action adaptations of cheap, unapologetically stupid cartoons go, this is top of the line: The cast is appealing, the sets brightly colored and fun to look at, the mystery as lame and goofy as any featured in the many inexplicably beloved Scooby-Doo cartoons.
  2. Bland, inoffensive, formulaic and occasionally amusing - just like the animated kids' show that inspired it.
    This excruciating adaptation of the innocuous '70s cartoon show makes the film version of "Josie and the Pussycats" look sophisticated by comparison.