6.2

1. AW
    May 27, 2008
    Not my type of movie, boring and unappealing (to me).
  2. RK
    May 30, 2008
    If you were a fan of the show, you are probably going to enjoy the movie. It's a bit frenetic in its pace, yet the nearly 2 1/2 hours in length make it feel like it drags on. The plot is pretty generic and the writing isn't spectacular, but seeing this movie is like going to a High School reunion -- you go to reminisce and watch the references back to the series.
  3. RosinaW
    Jun 1, 2008
    I adored the show, wish I would have left it at that. The movie was very long, and the drama that was created was devastating. The entire movie was depressing, and then, after unforgivable drama.... the end is happy. The characters lost their identity, and the jokes weren't as witty or funny as the show. The movie didn't have the same vibe as the show.
  4. Rev.Rikard
    Jun 1, 2008
    As a marriage and family counselor I found this television show revealing at times in uderstanding the different perspectives with which men and women see the world and understand life. Therefore, I viewed the movie, along with the other three men in a theater full of women. Whoever marketed this movied failed miserably in making it appeal to men. A vast amount of revenue was lost. I As a marriage and family counselor I found this television show revealing at times in uderstanding the different perspectives with which men and women see the world and understand life. Therefore, I viewed the movie, along with the other three men in a theater full of women. Whoever marketed this movied failed miserably in making it appeal to men. A vast amount of revenue was lost. I believe the poor attendance of men says a lot about the content of the movie and the word of mouth that accompanies a film. I admit that without a prior knowledge of the characters from watching the HBO series, much of the humor was lost on the audience. The movie was entertaining in spite of the need for prior knowledge as heartache and humor were intermingled in the post-modern world of dating, relationships and the institution of marriage. However, the movie soon lost its luster and began to feel like watching a compilation of tidbits from previous episodes. Woody Allen was one of the directors who could meaningfully explore relationships in novel ways using the same combination of humor and pain. He also knew how to gather the perfect ensemble of characters. This film held such promise and potential. However, just when the audience was prepared to journey down new paths we found ourselves sitting on the sofa in front of the television, laughing at the same personalities and similar circumstances. This culture is ready for a movie that realistically offers a vision of hope for those in search of authentic, lasting love. "American Beauty" powerfully revealed our angst, confusion and pain. We are now ready to laugh a little, while greatly believing love can still emerge from pain. This film tantalized us, but left us to wait a while longer. Expand
  5. LarryH
    Jun 2, 2008
    A five-part HBO special would have been more fitting. This movie is not meant for the big screen. Save your money and rent the DVD with all the glorious extras.
  6. MaggieP
    Jun 2, 2008
    As a huge fan of the show and owner of the complete series, I was beside myself in excitement for the film. I loved the show for its edgy topics, risky humor, and honest portrayal of how women view relationships. The movie did not meet my expectations. The SATC felt more like a chick flick than anything else, and was not the comedic performance I was expecting. The movie took us to a dark As a huge fan of the show and owner of the complete series, I was beside myself in excitement for the film. I loved the show for its edgy topics, risky humor, and honest portrayal of how women view relationships. The movie did not meet my expectations. The SATC felt more like a chick flick than anything else, and was not the comedic performance I was expecting. The movie took us to a dark place for much of the movie. I felt the acting on most parts were flat (compared to the show). The story line seemed scattered and seemed to have no focus. On the other hand, It is a difficult task to cram all the complications of all of the characters into one movie...which is probably to blame for the lack of depth in the characters. I love the 4 women and was happy to see them again. But if you weren't a fan before..this movie is not enough to convert you. Expand
  7. DSeeger
    Jun 2, 2008
    Excessive eye candy with the most self absorbed, materialistic, vapid script ever written. I was actually a fan of the series but this one did the show's legacy no favors.
  8. KV
    Jul 3, 2008
    After enjoying the series so much, the film was a let down. There were laughs and tears in places, the fashion was fabulous but overall the plot was dismal. The ending left me feeling annoyed and thinking does a leopard ever change his spots?
  9. JayH.
    Sep 20, 2008
    Perhaps if I had seen at least one episode in the series, I might have gotten more out of the movie. It does have it's moments. Kim Cattrall is great, and Jennifer Hudson is memorable. It's a likable film overall.
  10. AmandaG.
    Oct 29, 2008
    It was nice to see them on the big screen but everything that happens was revealed in the trailer so there were no surprises and a lot of things that happened were uncharacteristic of their characters on the show. a disappointment in my eyes.
  11. Jan 24, 2013
    The only good thing about the movie is the image quality.

1. Unfortunately, where episodes of the series used to take their cue from a question posed by one of Carrie's columns, writer-director Michael Patrick King never finds that focus, and Sex and the City loses its tart edge in the process.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Best in its small moments, the movie should find receptive gal pals congregating for the mother of all viewing parties.
  3. Reviewed by: William Thomas
    If you are immune to the charms of Carrie and co., this will do little to convert you. Still, it has more than enough sass, style and sentiment to keep the faithful satisfied. Add a star if you're a fan.