- Starring: Alice Eve, Jay Baruchel
- Summary: Kirk, an average Joe, can’t believe his luck. Though he’s stuck in a seemingly dead-end job as an airport security agent, against all odds, Molly, a successful and outrageously gorgeous babe, falls for him. Kirk is stunned. So are his friends, his family and even his ex-girlfriend. Now he hae has to figure out how to make the relationship work, even though he’d be the first to admit she’s totally out of his league. (Paramount Pictures)… Expand
- Director: Jim Field Smith
- Genre(s): Comedy, Romance
- More Details and Credits »
as9Shockingly good. a little cumbersome at its predictable points, but refreshing and different enough to feel new.
8Funny. Very likable/unlikable characters and some hilarious moments. It's like karate kid (og)/rocky, etc, in that it's an underdog-triumphs-kinda deal, not the greatest movie ever made, but I don't think that's what was intended. A lot of 'critics' apparently have little concept of what a 'fun time' is at the movies; they seem obsessed with comparing everything to Citizen Kane, looking for clever put-downs, and strictly following the 'critics handbook' which makes them waaay more cliche than they believe this movie to be. Did I like this movie? Yes. Did I laugh? A lot. Good production values, a great cast, and laugh-out-loud script. Highly recommended.… Expand
I like fairy tales, but not this kind, please. Jay Baruchel (Kirk) is probably being chased by hot girls in real world, because he's somehow rich & famous and things like that, but this annoying whiny (below) average Joe he is playing in this movie ... not a chance. Movie has few jokes and some charm, but it needed some serious reality check edit (or better lead role casting)… Expand