5.9

1. Oct 11, 2010
    Not a great film and only mildly entertaining. Plot and characters begin to dry up and only the scene where the Ginger Breadman has a flashback remain in my mind. It will not be the Shrek film that will be remembered. That will be 1 and maybe even 2 but it will still keep the children entertained even if the adults get a little bit bored.
  2. Sep 28, 2011
    "Shrek the Third" is a movie you would expect from a third sequel of a franchise. Yes, its decent.
  3. Oct 6, 2010
    The movie wasn't terrible, it just wasn't anywhere as good as the first two, especially the second movie, which is my favorite in the series. Most of the cons came from Justin Timberlake's character.
  4. Dec 21, 2011
    With its loss of heart and some of its charm it can't be good. Although it has just great animation and some moments that can be remembered. I give this movie 47%.
  5. Apr 18, 2011
    It's still undeniably charming -- and funny -- but Shrek the Third lacks the innovation the first two films were shrouded in. Pros: The animation and characters remain as charming and funny as they did before. Cons: Too pop culture referential; too short; too cliched; lacks any kind of innovative spark.
  6. Aug 16, 2014
    Although the voice actors know how to deliver a fresh comedic style, "Shrek the Third" lacks the heart, charm and the intelligence that made the other two Shrek movies a success.
  7. Jan 6, 2014
    Growing up causes you to see things in a whole knew light. As a kid I really enjoyed this movie but now that I am older the problems with it are pretty apparent. I don’t hate but is just sort of eh. I’ve grow to appreciate the first two Shrek films now that I am older. They had great heart, humor, and likeable characters. This movie kind of does. Some of the jokes are funny and theGrowing up causes you to see things in a whole knew light. As a kid I really enjoyed this movie but now that I am older the problems with it are pretty apparent. I don’t hate but is just sort of eh. I’ve grow to appreciate the first two Shrek films now that I am older. They had great heart, humor, and likeable characters. This movie kind of does. Some of the jokes are funny and the chararacters and story do have some charm but Shrek feels kind of stale here. The characters are not as interesting, the humor is not as good, and the adult appeal is gone. This may be an average kid’s movie but that is a shame considering how good the first two were. If you are a die-hard Shrek fan and/or a little kid (especially if you are both) you will probably really enjoy the movie. Otherwise, you can afford to sit this one out. While this is not a terrible movie the Shrek franchise has seen better days and it is sad to see Dreamwork’s most beloved franchise at this level of eh. Expand
  8. Oct 28, 2010
    wasn't as good as the first two movies, but this one is very entertaining for kids and adults.
  9. Jul 28, 2014
    Shrek the Third is an enjoyable animated Dreamworks flick and a good addition to the Shrek franchise. A lot of the jokes are funny and it still has Puss-in-Boots in it. What more can I say?
  10. Jan 4, 2011
    It was pretty good. I watched it on Christmas and it's pretty good. Kids will definitely love this.
  11. May 27, 2012
    The first two movies is way better than this one. Maybe because the plot in this movie is ridiculous. Though, the graphics is still good. But it is still an "average to bad" movie and this movie proves that third sequels in movie franchises are bad...........
  12. Dec 29, 2011
    In Shrek the Third, the saga of the "ogre with layers" and co. begins to run out of steam. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Shrek the Third is a bad film, but it lacks the spark that made the first two installments so enchanting. The pop culture references are still there, but seem a bit more heavy-handed, and the jokes are a bit cruder. Perhaps it comes from Andrew Adamson retiring to aIn Shrek the Third, the saga of the "ogre with layers" and co. begins to run out of steam. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Shrek the Third is a bad film, but it lacks the spark that made the first two installments so enchanting. The pop culture references are still there, but seem a bit more heavy-handed, and the jokes are a bit cruder. Perhaps it comes from Andrew Adamson retiring to a role as producer rather than being at the helm, or maybe the writers are out of decent ideas, but Shrek the Third is certainly missing something. The voice talent are as good as ever, and the character of Shrek is forced to face the biggest challenge of his life - the prospect of being a father, a concept which Mike Myers, still voicing the ogre, imbues with an appropriate range of emotions. Concerning the rest of the cast, the highlights are still Eddie Murphy as Donkey and Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots, and the pair still play off each other well. Cameron Diaz's Fiona has a slightly reduced role this time round, but this allows for Julie Andrews' Queen Lillian and the other fairytale princesses to do a little more, and become a pretty formidable force in their own right. This results in the most entertaining sequence in the film by a long way - let's just say that awful phrase "girl power" doesn't quite cut it. The main villain this time round is Rupert Everett's Prince Charming, who's still really whiny, but has a clear purpose this time - revenge. The problem here is that he simply isn't as genuinely threatening a villain as John Lithgow's Lord Farquaad in the first film or Jennifer Saunders' Fairy Godmother in the second - he's just a bit too wet. New additions to the cast are Justin Timberlake as Arthur Pendragon, who puts just about enough effort in to get by, and Eric Idle, who turns in the best vocal performance of the film as a senile and emotionally erratic Merlin. There's still a lot to like about Shrek the Third, and the animation is better than ever, but it's definitely missing something that the first two films had. I'm not quite sure what it is, but with this film I just wasn't taken far far away, I just felt like I was flicking through a book of fairy tales, and at the same time watching a repeat of a mildly amusing satirical sitcom on TV. It's not an unpleasant experience, but you'd probably get more out of it if you focused your attention on a truly great example of one or the other, because it's a rarity indeed when they happily marry. Expand
  13. Aug 27, 2013
    A boring film with a phoned in plot, insipid villain and awful Arthur character we are given no reason to care about. Easily the worst of the 4 Shrek films.
  14. Sep 10, 2011
    Je ne suis pas un grand fan de Shrek, mais je dois bien avouer que le second film m'avait plutôt emballé. Ce qui est loin d'être le cas de ce troisième... A trop vouloir refaire appel à la plupart des personnages de la saga, le scénario en a été oublié, au point que laJe ne suis pas un grand fan de Shrek, mais je dois bien avouer que le second film m'avait plutôt emballé. Ce qui est loin d'être le cas de ce troisième... A trop vouloir refaire appel à la plupart des personnages de la saga, le scénario en a été oublié, au point que la surdose de caricatures et de blagues à deux balles font de Shrek le Troisième un film d'animation lourd, sans imagination et rarement drôle. Même les meilleurs personnages (l'à Expand
  15. Nov 9, 2011
    I don't think it is as good as Shrek 1 or Shrek 2. It isn't as good because it recycles the same ideas. I do enjoy it overall though because there is more character development and a good ending.
  16. Feb 11, 2012
    With its loss of heart and some of its charm it can't be good. Although it has just great animation and some moments that can be remembered. I think that first and second Shrec is more interesting but i will give ten for the respect for two first movie!
  17. Sep 2, 2012
    Coming off of the last one this doesn't really compare. It just didn't have the same magical fairytale feel as the others. I still laughed a lot and love the characters.
  18. Jul 28, 2013
    Very mediocre. Shrek the Third does not live up to the first two films glory. It also lacks the every age appeal the first two have. If you really like Shrek then you'll like it. If you have kid that likes Shrek they'll like it but if you're not a giant Shrek fan then you should just pretend that this film doesn't exist.
  19. Jan 3, 2013
    The third installment in the franchise. I enjoyed this one too. I think mainly because Puss N Boots was introduced to it, without Puss it would have probably just been Shrek 2 all over again. I do remember laughing a lot when I saw this in the theater and the group of people I was with were all laughing too.
  20. Dec 17, 2013
    This is by far the weakest of the Shrek movies. While it does have some strengths, this movie feels more like a giant step back. Even the performances aren't to the same standard as before. Many of the jokes and themes are just rehashed from the first two movies.

What really kills this movie is the fact that it has so much potential. It introduces plenty of new ideas and element, and yet they are barely touched upon and used properly. It's seems the writing crew had far too many ideas on the table, tried to get them all into the movie, and put the focus on the familiar stuff, rather than the new stuff. A shame as this movie could have been better with a more competent writing team.

Overall:
    While it is not terrible, Shrek the third is really just a big disappointment It could have been so much more and completely wastes the material it presents.
  21. Jul 16, 2013
    "Shrek the Third" is a tiresome and unoriginal sequel, with its loss of heart, wit, and charms that made the first two films enjoyable. With its pop culture references trying so hard to bring humor in to the film, "Shrek the Third" feels very hectic at times, with very tiring jokes that have trouble attaining much laughter. The plot feels like trying to bring new ideas and concept, but"Shrek the Third" is a tiresome and unoriginal sequel, with its loss of heart, wit, and charms that made the first two films enjoyable. With its pop culture references trying so hard to bring humor in to the film, "Shrek the Third" feels very hectic at times, with very tiring jokes that have trouble attaining much laughter. The plot feels like trying to bring new ideas and concept, but failing despite these efforts, and becoming a similar rehash of its previous films that doesn't work this time. Their formula to add humor to heart doesn't exceed this time, and leaves audiences wondering that if they should call it quits (but of course, there is a Shrek Forever After). Expand
  22. Nov 12, 2013
    A typical third, one that is a complete downgrade from both the original and the sequel. Donkey and Shrek are the only real chemistry. Fiona and Shrek relationship are already a monotonous blend. The rest of the film are stale and devoid of any entertainment
  23. Mar 3, 2014
    The third Shrek movie isn't even marginally good-- its downright dull. The jokes fall flat, and all the humor and innocence of the first two turns into stupidity.
  24. Mar 16, 2014
    Worst Shrek movie out of the four in MY opinion, although Shrek would punish me if I gave it a low score so 10/10 it is. Shrek is love, Shrek is life.
  25. May 6, 2014
    Maybe not my favorite one of the series but I believe in Shrek and all his Shrexual adventures so one must have faith in him no matter what. Things will never be ogre.
  26. Sep 14, 2014
    Essa é a versão mais fraca da franquia Shrek. É divertida,mas não mais do que isso. É mediano,com algumas características legais,mas não chega a ser excelente.
  27. Oct 13, 2014
    Just awful, the film is so boring that I just wanted to sleep most of the time, there's nothing interesting going on, it's just a dull, dull film. Aside from that the animation is nice. But that's all I can say, this is clearly done just for the money.
  28. Nov 7, 2014
    This movie is the worst movie at all times and it's mo use for dumb old dreamworks to make this movie.dreamworks animation is the worst place on earth, because it keeps on losing to disney & pixar each year.

1. Much of the bite and a good deal of the wit of the first two films are missing here. The rude send-up of beloved fairy tale conventions remains -- somewhat -- but these playful jabs no longer come as pleasing surprises. You expect them. And you expect better.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    After a buoyantly funny first half-hour, stylish animated comedy takes a breather before ramping it up again for a rambunctious, girrrl-power finale that provides a convenient springboard for further adventures to come.
  3. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    Blinded by avarice and all out of ideas, once again, Hollywood can't tell when enough is way more than enough.