6.4

1. kwk
    Mar 21, 2012
    This is well done smart little film. The acting is terrific as it takes you into a world of sheer terror. You cannot get away from the any scene as the single shot concept creates an atmosphere that make it impossible to look away or catch your breath.
  2. Mar 13, 2012
    Billiantly done movie. Very smart and almost overly engaging as a horror movie. For 88 minutes this movie puts your whole body and edge and after it's over you can't help but disect all the details you must have missed. Rare movie that is meant to be seen more than once. The pioneering of the single take movie really speaks to the director's and actor's talent level. Great movie, go see.
  3. Mar 9, 2012
    In today's world of movies, it's hard to find a decent film. Although the trailer looked thrilling, I came onto Metacritic, saw the critic reviews and said "Well, it can't be that awful". Take my advice, this was quite possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The story was dreadful, the scares were nothing, and the acting was top notch horrible. Save the money, and get it onIn today's world of movies, it's hard to find a decent film. Although the trailer looked thrilling, I came onto Metacritic, saw the critic reviews and said "Well, it can't be that awful". Take my advice, this was quite possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The story was dreadful, the scares were nothing, and the acting was top notch horrible. Save the money, and get it on video if you're that desperate. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Jonathan Crocker
    May 7, 2012
    Technically impressive, genre-smart and nerve-shredding while it lasts, Silent House is really just a fun campfire horror tale.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    May 7, 2012
    It's still atmospheric enough, and like the original, has a quasi-theatrical event status. But it feels like a copy.
  3. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Apr 30, 2012
    It works as a suspense-building scare machine, given heart and depth by Olsen's performance - though it's still an effective exercise in misdirection rather than a strikingly original vision, and now it's a remake of an effective exercise in misdirection.