Zeitgeist Films | Release Date: April 30, 2004
8.2
Universal acclaim based on 15 Ratings
Watch Now
DamienA.Dec 3, 2005
Pehaps my expectations were too high but for the most part I wasn't as moved by this film as perhaps I should have been. Someone, somewhere else said everything happened on the screen, over there, that they weren't personally Pehaps my expectations were too high but for the most part I wasn't as moved by this film as perhaps I should have been. Someone, somewhere else said everything happened on the screen, over there, that they weren't personally moved..same for me. A good film, but alas, just because it's better than so much out there does not make it a ten. Expand
JoeR.Jan 28, 2006
A moving and delightful peek behind the former Iron Curtain at the power of the human spirit and the thread of love, wisdom and support that runs through the generations of women.
EarlM.May 21, 2006
A superb film above love and family. Esther Gorintin is a wonder as are the other 2 female leads. A do not miss film.
BobS.Aug 1, 2006
Incredible writing and acting that nail raw emotional nerves in the viewer. Masterful acting that will hold you teetering in suspense on the verge of bawling.
OsG.Feb 24, 2007
One of the most intimate and moving films I've seen. Beautifully fimed, fabulously real acting and I'm not ashamed to say it made me bawl.