Skills Like This

8.0

1. AlK
    Mar 29, 2009
    The very definition of cult classic. I told my bud on the way out: in 10 years, this will be the film we'll be getting drunk to and quoting every damn line in the movie (if we haven't both already died from massive liver failure). The flick has got "Caddyshack" level lines wizzing out at you every other second, perhaps the highest compliment I can bestow on a film of a comedic The very definition of cult classic. I told my bud on the way out: in 10 years, this will be the film we'll be getting drunk to and quoting every damn line in the movie (if we haven't both already died from massive liver failure). The flick has got "Caddyshack" level lines wizzing out at you every other second, perhaps the highest compliment I can bestow on a film of a comedic nature. And I want to be the first to say it if hit hasn't been said already: This Spencer Berger fella is gonna be a star. I'm a dude and I was knocked on my fat rump by his charisma. And can someone please get the lawyers in the paralegal scene their own TV show? Pretty please? Collapse
  2. ChrisB
    Mar 28, 2009
    Awesome. If you like good comedy that isn't the same old bs you will love this. I think it's before it's time in the comedy genre. We've all talked about robbing a bank/liquor store/kmart in a joking way, so why not take the joke further.
  3. Capt.Zed
    Mar 22, 2009
    This movie is hilarious! Brian D. Phelan is especially great as the goofy sidekick Tommy. If you loved Bottle Rocket, you'll love this scrappy little comedy.

Skills Like This is not a movie that asks to be taken seriously.
  2. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    Likable but lightweight slacker comedy.
    Skills thinks it's far more magically whimsical than it really is.