7.5

1. Nov 26, 2012
    A very good bond movie. Got all the cliches we expect to find in a bond movie. Though it has kind of a sad ending compared to other bond movies when Bond drifts of into the distance witha lady in his arms. Still I think its a great movie. Well worth a viewing!
  2. Dec 5, 2012
    LET THE SKY FALL. WE WILL STAND TALL, AT SKYFALL.
    LET THE SKY FALL. WE WILL STAND TALL, AT SKYFALL.
    Skyfall is a mere proof that a good spy film doesn't need nonsense action-sequences or incorporation of unrealistic gadgets, it just needs a great screenplay, astounding performances and outstanding direction. I see a lot of people complaining that a James Bond movie without action sequences and gadgets and devices is worthless. What they don't understand is that everything needs to evolve and get out of its own self-made shell, because, sooner or later, people start demanding for something else, something they never would have expected, something that makes them change their mind about a certain subject.
    Same is the case here. Sam Mendes has proved himself to be an outstanding director once again (he directed American Beauty for which he won an Academy Award in 2000). His sense of imagination is so brilliant that it totally works for the film. Cinematography is done by Roger Deakins, having received nine nominations for an Academy Award for Best Cinematography, he is one of the great cinematographers of the film industry and he continues to prove it in Skyfall with his brilliant camera work.
    The important thing about this film is the screenplay, which is, no doubt, different from all the Bond movies made before Skyfall and that's what makes it so better. Written by Neal Purvis, John Logan and Robert Wade, the screenplay works like a charm because you get to know Bond and above all, the other major character of the movie, M (played by Judi Dench). Daniel Craig continues to shine in his role even more, it seems like he had been practising to improve himself and it becomes really clear when you compare his performance to the previous installment 'Quantum of Solace'. In Skyfall, it feels like Craig has found his lost indenity and he is never going to let go of it. The other key character of the movie is Raoul Silva (played by Javier Bardem who is perhaps the most famous Spanish actor, having previously won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in 'No Country for Old Men'), is the film's main antagonist and he is more than a villain. Bardem's performance and his character reminds me of the Joker (The Dark Knight) at cerain points, he has done it so wonderfully and only he could make it happen. Other cast members include Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Bérénice Lim Marlohe, Albert Finney and Ben Whinshaw who support the film's plot and storyline properly.
    What I love about this film is that it doesn't feel like I am watching a Bond movie and that's exactly what I love. It has a different soul, a darker one, the character-driven plot has been handled in an amazing way. I don't mind if a spy film doesn't have more action-sequences because to me, the plot and main theme of the film is more important. People may also say that the plot of the movie is so typical and predictable and it gets boring but if we look closer, we see a rebirth of the entire Bond franchise, just like Christopher Nolan did with the Batman franchise.
    ...And who could forget Adele's wonderful voice in a melodious soundtrack to the movie, written by both Adele and Paul Epworth and the way it has been incorporated in the opening sequence is just freaking brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised if it wins the Academy Award for Original Song.
    Am I liking it too much? Am I impressed with this movie too much? Am I being biased? MAYBE. Because SKYFALL is just the right amount of Bond I wanted to see in the 23rd film.
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    I absolutely loved skyfall. I was so excited to see the new James Bond, after an upbringing being mainly about action films and being indoctrinated by 007, I arrived at the cinema with my friends. It was the second week of it being showcased at the cinema, and it was packed full! This is a good sign, I thought. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of the movie, however, the story line sometimesI absolutely loved skyfall. I was so excited to see the new James Bond, after an upbringing being mainly about action films and being indoctrinated by 007, I arrived at the cinema with my friends. It was the second week of it being showcased at the cinema, and it was packed full! This is a good sign, I thought. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of the movie, however, the story line sometimes had its downfalls. Also, the song. I really do not think that this dreary Adele song should have been chosen to be the main song for James Bond!! It's never going to be as awesome as the James Bond classics such as Goldfinger. On the contrary, I absolutely loved the tragic ending! I would thoroughly recommend going to see this James Bond movie, at least it's better than Quantum Of Solace (or do we not count that one as a James Bond movie anymore?) Expand
  4. Dec 11, 2012
    Skyfall is possibly better than Casino Royale and much better than Quantum of Solace. The story follows on current events and takes you back through James Bond's past. This is the most emotional of the trilogy which makes you feel the movie as real as it can be. The story is great and is complimented with the visual effects and the action... along with those small details. This proves toSkyfall is possibly better than Casino Royale and much better than Quantum of Solace. The story follows on current events and takes you back through James Bond's past. This is the most emotional of the trilogy which makes you feel the movie as real as it can be. The story is great and is complimented with the visual effects and the action... along with those small details. This proves to show that Bond can still kick ass without needing all those gadgets. Daniel Craig, along with the rest of the cast make this movie a real triumph! Craig is definitely the best Bond and this is the best current movie since The Dark Knight Rises hit cinemas. Although both very different, they are as good as one another. Expand
  5. Jan 4, 2013
    It may not be the best Bond film, but Skyfall is an exciting action movie, with an awesome villain, brilliant acting by Craig and Dench (as M), and a storyline more genuinely emotionally engaging than most other Bonds (aside from Casino Royale), even if the originality of Casino, and the escapist fun of the older Bonds, is not quite captured.
  6. Nov 26, 2012
    The movie was enjoyable. The music was good and suited the scenes. Action was smooth and didn't hog too much screen time. Visually the locations in the movie were interesting, variying and beatiful. Craig continues to perform well and fits the character perfectly. Same goes for the other characters. The villain stayed within logic and wasn't evil just for the sake of being evil. The plotThe movie was enjoyable. The music was good and suited the scenes. Action was smooth and didn't hog too much screen time. Visually the locations in the movie were interesting, variying and beatiful. Craig continues to perform well and fits the character perfectly. Same goes for the other characters. The villain stayed within logic and wasn't evil just for the sake of being evil. The plot is ok even though you can pretty much guess how it'll play out right from the start. The makers of this movie knew what the audience expects from a Bond movie and delibirately made jokes of those things, which for me was very refreshing. As with movies involving high-tech in the plot, there was hacking and such computer stuff in it which was a "bit" overplayed and animated compared to how it is in real life, but I accept this for the sake of making it visual for the movie viewer. Expand
  7. Dec 10, 2012
    Skyfall is just another reason why Daniel Craig's Bond stands apart; the level of character he exudes due to the more dynamic role he plays is amazing. No other Bond do you see at the lows and highs of his life, as well as his abilities. It's quite the stark contrast to less interesting Bonds like Brosnan, who was more memorable for the gadgets he used than his character.

9/10 for

9/10 for exceeding expectations of character, and throwing a good movie in as well.
  8. Nov 27, 2012
    james bond is back with a bang. Right from the start to the end skyfall gives you that old james bond feeling that quantum of solace could not delver. In fact this Bond entry is a candidate for best bond ever. The only negative that pops into my mind is that even though this is a brilliant movie it lacked something new
  9. Nov 28, 2012
    Sam Mendes is most renowned for his outstanding work in romantic, dramatic films though in the Christopher Nolan inspired new James Bond sensation
  10. Nov 30, 2012
    "Skyfall" is easily the best and most solidly entertaining Bond film to date, raising the bar for the iconic series and bringing Craig's tougher, rougher 007 to its most polished form yet. The choice of Sam Mendes could not have been more spot-on - the movie is beautiful to look at from start to finish. The setpieces and locations are stunning and totally engaging, particularly the"Skyfall" is easily the best and most solidly entertaining Bond film to date, raising the bar for the iconic series and bringing Craig's tougher, rougher 007 to its most polished form yet. The choice of Sam Mendes could not have been more spot-on - the movie is beautiful to look at from start to finish. The setpieces and locations are stunning and totally engaging, particularly the skyscraper scene in Shanghai, and everything feels like the classic, traditional Bond while maintaining a marvelous, modern look and style. The plot is very fresh and entertaining, and where the previous two Craig films were somewhat lacking in their villains and finales, this one more than compensates with a much truer and more traditional-feeling villian, played to great effect by Javier Bardem, and a flat-out fantastic climax. Add it all together, and the 50th anniversary Bond marks a genuine step up in quality and entertainment. Absolutely awesome. Expand
  11. Mar 3, 2013
    Best Bond movie ever made, there is a lot of action in it and I like that, good actors, especially Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. One of the best Bond villains and an epic end. This is a new must see.
  12. Dec 14, 2012
    Best Bond Movie Ever. It starts off as action pack as a bond movie can and makes sure to hit everything that a must. It's the 3rd act of the movie where is becomes something more and for the 1st time get to see Bond on a human level as we explore just a bit of his past in grand fashion.
  13. Dec 18, 2012
    Operation Skyfall is certainly one of the more different films in the series. Even having links with other films in the series that completes fifty years, which reigns here are references to movies most hallowed of cinema. Or, so to speak, of films that challenge more pipeline, which ultimately generate more intimate links to the protagonist and transcendence. Although problems withOperation Skyfall is certainly one of the more different films in the series. Even having links with other films in the series that completes fifty years, which reigns here are references to movies most hallowed of cinema. Or, so to speak, of films that challenge more pipeline, which ultimately generate more intimate links to the protagonist and transcendence. Although problems with linearity, which in this case are surprisingly linked to Silva villain (played by Oscar winner Javier Bardem for No Country Where The Time), and thus who really holds the film as a whole is Daniel Craig. Although forceful action scenes, is quite correct to say that the film earns exactly the weaknesses that James Bond and exposes the direction of Sam Mendes that makes it all look perfect. In all, Operation Skyfall does not surpass the perfect Casino Royale, but is undoubtedly among the best in the series. Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    I came out of Skyfall excited to tell people about it. A great movie on every level. I loved the nod to past bond history and the modern edge to the plot. My partner went along reluctantly and came out chattering about the best parts. Not to be missed.
  15. Dec 28, 2012
    One of the best portrayed, and entertaining 007 films I've seen. Skyfall is a two and a half hour long film that's worth watching. An excellent way to bring back earlier characters.
  16. Jan 3, 2013
    With action packed in every shot, the ending comes to a shocking end, but still takes the top 3. This movie, being the great one it is, stands up to even Goldfinger. Many ask if Goldfinger met its equal, or possible match. In reality, it has met its equal. Sean Connery and Daniel Craig face each other with there best movie pick. Connery's top as Goldfinger, Craig's top as.... wellWith action packed in every shot, the ending comes to a shocking end, but still takes the top 3. This movie, being the great one it is, stands up to even Goldfinger. Many ask if Goldfinger met its equal, or possible match. In reality, it has met its equal. Sean Connery and Daniel Craig face each other with there best movie pick. Connery's top as Goldfinger, Craig's top as.... well obviously Skyfall. This is a necessity for every Bond fan. Daniel Craig is at his best. Until this film, I didn't think Goldfinger could ever be matched. Don't listen to the people below or above who say it is a waste of time and money. And I don't mean to get offensive, but a lot of people who think it sucked are people who grew up back in Connery and Moore years and can't like newer versions of many old movies. There are many adults who love the movie too though. My dad for instance is a very good critic on Bond movies. Usually he likes the older ones the best. But he says that now that he saw Skyfall, he can't decide between Connery or Craig. Note: Movie is not for people who hate getting headaches because of thinking over Connery or Craig. Expand
  17. Jan 8, 2013
    an epic must watch the bond film is back with a huge bang, this film is one definitely to watch, whether you enjoy Bond or not, the film contains an epic mix of suspense, and action with an extremely well structured story line, antagonist, and ending, as well as a straight to the point introduction.
  18. Feb 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As you all know, 2012 marks the 50th year of the James Bond series and Skyfall is the 23rd movie in the entire franchise. What I have to say is that Skyfall is an outstanding movie but I will get all the details down but this review will contain spoilers so if you haven't seen the movie, DO NOT read this review, you have been warned.

Skyfall begins with Bond fighting an agent working for a terrorist in Istanbul and then being shot by a female sniper and then drowns in water which makes MI6 claim that Bond is dead but when MI6 is under attack, Bond returns to MI6 to stop the villan. Daniel Craig has done an amazing job with his performance as James Bond as well as Javier Bardem as the antagonist Silva. Both Mr.Craig and Mr.Bardem have both executed their scenes perfectly. Also, the movie does have a lot of awesome and memorable moments such as Bond and his co-worker Eve played by Naomie Harris in Istanbul, Bond in China and the ending. Another great thing about the movie is Judi Dench as M. Her performance was truly memorable that some Bond Fans would want to go back and see. The only problem with this movie is that the movie has some boring scenes like the part where Bond has to redo his training. My final verdict is a 9/10. This is a must see for James Bond fans or if you are someone who wants to see a good movie.
  19. Mar 19, 2013
    Watching skyfall make you realise how much we all love 007. Skyfall is my favourite bond movie the acting is incredible. What more can I say apart from WOW.
  20. Mar 26, 2013
    The 23rd entry in the James Bind franchise is without a doubt my favorite one yet! It felt very personal and emotional and it shows that Bond is not as invincible as he use to be. The movie also has the best Bond villain since Goldfinger, something that this series needed badly. Honestly, I think Javier Bardem and Judi Dench should've won awards for their roles. The cinematography is someThe 23rd entry in the James Bind franchise is without a doubt my favorite one yet! It felt very personal and emotional and it shows that Bond is not as invincible as he use to be. The movie also has the best Bond villain since Goldfinger, something that this series needed badly. Honestly, I think Javier Bardem and Judi Dench should've won awards for their roles. The cinematography is some of the best I've ever seen in any movie. The long, subtle shots showed me that an action movie doesn't always need quick, rough shots. And even with all those excellent qualities, the moment in the movie that astounded me the most was the villain's entrance on the island. I had never seen a shot like that and it nearly took my breath away. Bardem was as charming and menacing as ever and the story he tells is spooky as hell. Do not miss this movie. I assure you will regret it! Expand
  21. Mar 21, 2013
    A good James Bond film always needs martinis, gadgets, beautiful women and guns. Thankfully, director Sam Mendes’s (American Beauty, Road to Perdition) Skyfall has all of that and more. Bond turned 50 in 2012 and he didn’t age a day since he first made his debut in 1962’s Dr. No. Skyfall, now the 23rd Bond film in the series is Daniel Craig’s third outing as the character and he deliversA good James Bond film always needs martinis, gadgets, beautiful women and guns. Thankfully, director Sam Mendes’s (American Beauty, Road to Perdition) Skyfall has all of that and more. Bond turned 50 in 2012 and he didn’t age a day since he first made his debut in 1962’s Dr. No. Skyfall, now the 23rd Bond film in the series is Daniel Craig’s third outing as the character and he delivers his most emotionally riveting performance as Bond yet. Set after the events of Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace, Skyfall presents a Bond who is clearly off his game and is suffering from some form of post-traumatic stress syndrome. Bond’s personal dilemmas need to set aside as he is confronted by a psychotic killer hell bent on destroying MI6, the British secret intelligence service. Not only does this psychopath possess and invaluable list of names that could cause the death of hundreds of British agents, but that same person shares a past with a very notable character in the series and is intent on making life a living hell for Bond and his morally conflicted mentor, M. Craig shares the screen with the always amazing Judi Dench, who returns as Bond’s boss M, Naomie Harris, a fellow agent with a very unique name, Ben Whishaw, as the wonderfully sarcastic new gadget master Q, and Ralph Fiennes as a British agent who, of course, is more than he appears to be. One of the most important parts to any Bond film is the villain. The previous Craig films have always suffered when it comes to a memorable megalomaniac, but there is no denying that Javier Bardem’s performance as Silva, a deranged cyber-terrorist with a vicious grudge, is one of the most memorable Bond villains since Goldeneye’s 006, Alec Trevelyan. The performances are all top notch, but the action scenes are what sets this movie a part from most films this year. A breathtaking motorcycle chase across rooftops in Istanbul turns into one of the craziest fights on a train that you'll ever see, and that’s barely the first ten minutes of the film. Quite a few action scenes pay homage to those found in prior Bond outings, while still making them unique at the same time. Mendes grounds the action, allowing it to be thrilling without veering into brain numbing absurdity. Skyfall has plenty of other goodies for fans too. Cinematographer Roger Deakins’ work is gorgeous as he perfectly captures the beauty of Istanbul, Shanghai and other cities around the world. His visual flair enriches everything from the action scenes to the quiet conversations between characters. The always famous opening credit sequence adds yet another great song to list. The song, simply called Skyfall, was written and performed by Adele. Adele’s work is easily one of the best Bond themes ever. The film will please 007 fanatics as well as newcomers who are unfamiliar with the super-spy’s globetrotting escapades. Skyfall is easily one of the best Bond films in the series and it sets a very high bar for the next adventure. Expand
  22. Jun 3, 2013
    Reading reviews by other users on this sight baffles me; who really cares if there is blatant product placement? Did it ruin the movie that much that you had to give 0? This is easily one of the best Bond films ever made, and Daniel Craig is certainly a contender for the title of "greatest Bond ever".

Craig portrays Bond in a way we have not previously seen; he presents Bond as a broken man that's lost his edge forget the suave, handsome, perfect man that most of us believe Bond to be and picture a washed up, bearded, borderline alcoholic, a man who is merely a hollow shell of what he once was. That's what makes Craig so appealing, he plays Bond with a sense of realism and vulnerability. The villain of this movie is wonderfully portrayed by Javier Bardem (known for his portrayal of Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men); a man who relies more on his brain than physical strength, a man betrayed by his own people and on a personal vendetta against the woman who betrayed him. He's a believable villain, bearing many similar traits to the villain of Die Hard 4. Bardem plays the part with a great deal of charm; although he has a small amount of screen time he makes the most of every scene he is in and was undeservedly snubbed for an Supporting Actor Academy Award.

Sam Mendes has made a perfect Bond that is realistic but also pays tribute to the Bond films of the past. Mendes, unlike his Bond director predecessors, develops the background characters giving them depth and emotion; M now serves a purpose in this movie and is portrayed by Judi Dench as a woman afraid of letting her country down and losing her pride. Q is introduced in this movie as a considerably younger man, he's a computer genius with a poor sense of humour who despite his intelligence is still outsmarted by the villain. Apart from developing the characters, Mendes also utilises some brilliant cinematography; the fight between Bond and the assassin is reminiscent of the fight in Moonraker and the villain is introduced with a 30 second static camera that doesn't move instead the villain walks towards the camera until we can discern his appearance.

The music for this film is conducted by Thomas Newman who does a brilliant job supplying background music for scenes. However my one real criticism of the film is the opening song; Skyfall by Adele. I dislike the fact that she was hired, not because I have a personal dislike of her music, but because the producers aimed to release a commercially successful song that would win the Academy Award. The song is easily one of the worst in the history of Bond movies and should have been replaced with a song that reflects the tone of the movie.

Apart from that criticism this is easily one of the best Bond films ever made, its a return to form after the disappointment of Quantum of Solace, and Daniel Craig will be the greatest Bond ever. Roll on Bond 24.
  23. Apr 21, 2013
    One of the best movies ever in my opinion. If action had a name, it would be James Bond. The movie had exciting action sequences, a good plot, and never-ending edge-of-your-seat thrills.
  24. Sep 24, 2013
    Is this the true Bond? Not 100%, but it does manage to stand alone as one of the greatest productions of all time. Everything about this movie is to a legendary standard. Honestly, it's a legendary movie and you need to seek it out. The reasons why I think this is one of the best movies of all time are for reasons I never knew I wanted. For the most part, I'm not all that interested in theIs this the true Bond? Not 100%, but it does manage to stand alone as one of the greatest productions of all time. Everything about this movie is to a legendary standard. Honestly, it's a legendary movie and you need to seek it out. The reasons why I think this is one of the best movies of all time are for reasons I never knew I wanted. For the most part, I'm not all that interested in the soundtrack in movies, but this one is simply put it, captivating. Adele was the perfect artist to perform 'Skyfall' and it shows but a few minutes into the movie. The performance is plain and simple some of the greatest I have ever seen, which is stand out in the interactions with Daniel Craig's Bond and Javier Bardem's Silva. The scripting is silly in true Bond fashion, which I have no idea why people have not commented on when saying this isn't the true Bond. But what is the true Bond? The true Bond is silly dialogue, taking human like damage, facing his foes with some fear, and being a womaniser. And when we're true to ourselves, the film succeeds in all the categories. This is quite simply one of the best Bond films I've ever seen, if not THE very best. This film is a very rare case, an action-thriller that doesn't even attempt to be overly bad ass, and instead goes for a very realistic plot with a realistic narrative, which is probably what I love the most about 007, it's all carried out realistically, and close to home. It's almost scary, this film has changed my view on life, and made me question my trust in the world. When a film is that impactful and controversial, and had me clapping mere minutes into the movie, I just can't help myself with this one. The final verdict is a perfect score, a 10/10. It really goes to show what a 'Triple A' development can give us. It's been a long time since I've issued a perfect score, not since Toy Story 3 in 2010, making this one of the best films of the decade. Expand
  25. May 15, 2013
    The 007 franchise was never the same after the entry of Daniel Craig as James Bond. Skyfall is not only 23rd film in the franchise as well as the best so far. Sam Mendes brings a magnificent thriller and well run with great action scenes and performance of the cast.
  26. Jun 18, 2013
    Okay so is bond #23 everything you hoped for it to be or is it just a huge flop?
    Haha, you kidding? This film is great.
    But before I go any farther… …Adele, you, you are what 007 opening credits were made for. Now that I got that out of the way… This film opens up explosively. From the first action scene to the beautiful opening credit sequence you have already gotten your moneys
    Haha, you kidding? This film is great.
    But before I go any farther…

…Adele, you, you are what 007 opening credits were made for.
    Now that I got that out of the way…
    This film opens up explosively. From the first action scene to the beautiful opening credit sequence you have already gotten your moneys worth. bond #23 is easily the “best looking” one to date. I’m not only talking effects here, I mean lightning and camera work. The use of colour really goes a step forward here, setting the mood perfectly even when locale jumps from one another. Not only that, but for an action film, it knows how to slow down and become even a bit artsy. Let me explain.
    There is a scene in which Bond is chasing “someone”, lets call him, “wood be assassin.” This “wood be assassin” is on a mission of his own. Instead of going in guns blazing, he decides to be very stealthy. While doing so they enter a room beautifully illuminated with blue light; zero sound was used in this scene as well, making it ten times as thrilling, and this is only one example, there are plenty more.
    When Bond meets his enemy for the first time (played by Javier Bardem) The scene also lacks any score of any kind, but to good effect. Instead you hear only two things, Javier’s long menacing metaphor, and the echoing sounds of his footsteps.
    Besides these little details, Skyfall has great performances by Daniel Craig and especially Judi Dench. These two are the highlights of this movie, and by that I mean this story focuses heavily on their relationship and the many details about MI6. This story is easily the strongest one from an emotional standpoint.
    If I have any gripes, one would be the length. I know it’s a Bond film and there are many story details to fit in, and I am a man who can respect slow paced films as long as they benefit the story and or serve a purpose to the suspense/mood of a film. But a few points in the middle of here I found myself wanting the film to progress a bit faster.
    However,
    Skyfall is nothing less than an achievement, not just for action films, but for bond films in general. It is as much of a progression as Casino Royale was. These are how bonds need to be made, they are brilliant. A veteran franchise like this still has a bright future, and I can’t wait to see what Hollywood will do with the next one.
  27. Jun 30, 2013
    Welcome to the 21st century James Bond! Danielle Craig was superb as Bond in Casino Royal, but Quantum of Solace lacked, well everything. So long cold war, hello cyber terrorism. The days of campy exploding pens and laser watches gives way to a villain who is believable and gadgetry/stunts/props that are relatively believable (willful suspension considered). The acting is superb and theWelcome to the 21st century James Bond! Danielle Craig was superb as Bond in Casino Royal, but Quantum of Solace lacked, well everything. So long cold war, hello cyber terrorism. The days of campy exploding pens and laser watches gives way to a villain who is believable and gadgetry/stunts/props that are relatively believable (willful suspension considered). The acting is superb and the cinematography is carefully created. The 50th anniversary gives me hope that the "Hollywood" brain trust is not completely lost in remakes and sequels than really don't need to be made. Expand
  28. Jul 16, 2013
    This is one of the BEST Bond films ever made, that brings Bond back after the terrible 'Quantum of Solace'. Bond is brought back after four long years in major style and emotional context that really matches the times. Everything about this film is thrilling- the story is very well written and witty, the acting is top notch (the best cast ever in a Bond film), the music is amazing, theThis is one of the BEST Bond films ever made, that brings Bond back after the terrible 'Quantum of Solace'. Bond is brought back after four long years in major style and emotional context that really matches the times. Everything about this film is thrilling- the story is very well written and witty, the acting is top notch (the best cast ever in a Bond film), the music is amazing, the title song is classic Bond and one of the best songs of the series, the villain is truly frightening and threatening, the action is epic, etc. Another perfect Bond film that brought Bond back with a bang. Great, great film. Expand
  29. Jan 17, 2015
    After the rushed misfire of "QoS", time and effort was spent getting "Skyfall" right, and right it is in every way. Strong story and performances, as well as having a real director on board this time, and this must rank in the top 10 Bond films of all time. The cinematography is first rate and Adele's theme song is lush. If you enjoyed "Casino Royale", you'll enjoy "Skyfall".

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall leaves you wondering whether this incarnation of the character has anywhere left to go. It's the portrait of a spy at the end of his rope by an actor who seems close to his.
  2. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Nov 9, 2012
    Mendes' approach to action is classical and elegant - no manic editing and blurry unintelligible images here - but what makes the movie truly special is the attention he gives his actors.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 9, 2012
    The sky is far from falling on the Bond franchise. In fact, it is as good as it has ever been. What's more, Craig is reportedly on board for at least two more outings, so Q had better get to work on those bifocals because 007 is no where near ready for retirement.