3.2

1. Feb 25, 2013
    I don't understand what people expect from a budget horror film. Despite the lack of subtitles, million dollars worth of tech and marvelous set pieces, this entertaining, often funny flick offers what few "slasher" films get right these days. There are enough jump spots, the characters are all charming and often hilarious in their own way and the main bad guy is the epitome of awesome for any net nerds or even gamers. The twist at the end is also brilliant, and not just for a budget flick. Redbox this one, it's a dollar fifty and definitely worth the watch! Expand
  2. Jan 4, 2013
    Don't blame the actors, blame the director. I actually really like this movie, that's my opinion. I liked the story to it, and the actors & actresses..
  3. Dec 20, 2012
    I don't get why they are so many bad reviews i loved this film and the twist as the end was so unexpected I could have never guessed it, I mean like I've never seen a horror film end like this and it was such an awesome movie :DDDD

1. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Jan 28, 2013
    A surprisingly effective low-budget horror film that takes as its true villain the casual cynicism and nihilistic misanthropy that so often go along with online culture.
  2. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Oct 12, 2012
    Smiley, is unfortunately less scary than, say, the prospect of your significant other accidentally discovering your search engine history.
  3. Reviewed by: Jeannette Catsoulis
    Oct 12, 2012
    Failing to expand on the intriguing notion that evil can find physical form online, Smiley, like its sutured monster, is sadly more to be pitied than feared.