Summit Entertainment | Release Date: February 22, 2013
6.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 108 Ratings
Watch Now
hoops2448Jul 9, 2013
Let me start by saying that this is probably the best Dwayne Johnson performance in his career which is why its a shame that its in this monotonous crime thriller. Snitch is the story of what happens when John Matthews (Johnson) finds out hisLet me start by saying that this is probably the best Dwayne Johnson performance in his career which is why its a shame that its in this monotonous crime thriller. Snitch is the story of what happens when John Matthews (Johnson) finds out his son has been arrested for distributing drugs. Matthews decides he must infiltrate a drug ring to bring someone to justice to truncate his sons prison sentence but this may ultimately ruin everything he has ever built. At the beginning of Snitch you are reminded that this is a film based on actual events and then these supposed real life people go on to do some of the most ridiculous things in the name of family and justice that you find it ever so hard to believe that this has any standing in reality. The film splits its time between two families, one being John's family, the other belongs to one of John's employees, Daniel (Jon Bernthal), an ex con looking for a second chance for him and his family. The film feels no desire to discuss or even talk about these characters lives or how they got to this place, instead it lets the viewer fill in the gaps thanks to vague hints dolled out in increments over the course of the film. This allows you to make your own story for them but it also changes very little to do with the film making it lazy storytelling at best. As stated above this is a film grounded by a strong central performance by Johnson but the films slow pace and nonsensical storytelling makes it impossible to enjoy as the characters don't do normal logical things and they have not really been given any character traits to suggest they might even consider doing this. The end therefore leaves you unsatisfied and if your anything like me, quite a bit confused Expand
oblique15Mar 16, 2014
Snitch was a very disappointing movie.The best thing going for it is the Rock, nothing much besides him.It`s a low budget movie, that felt like a TV movie allot of times.I wanted to like it but it`s average at best.Honestly it`s of thoseSnitch was a very disappointing movie.The best thing going for it is the Rock, nothing much besides him.It`s a low budget movie, that felt like a TV movie allot of times.I wanted to like it but it`s average at best.Honestly it`s of those movies Dwayne Johnson is just trying to prove hes more than an Action Hero. Expand
ExKingNov 15, 2013
first off all i would like to state that i have nothing against dwayne johnson, i actually appreciate his performance however
the movie is overdramatic and needed a much better stand out performances and not just good music.
the main
the main glitch here is the story it just too hard to believe that it has been taken from real events because if anyone knows a little bit about drug cartels
he would know that it's impossible to reach the mafia boss after one successful job. plus all they ever needed is his phone number to trace him to his location and arrest him!
what's the charges driving his kid to school, and how are they going to attach that 83 million to him, i mean if NSA are tapping all mobile phones in the states
but they can't get the drug-lords-phone-numbers so they need an inside job to do so, then you're doing a terrible job NSA.
also are you telling me that the united states is so generous that they gave a 100G rewards each? NOPE.
jfrotylpe532Feb 23, 2013
Better than I thought. It was a little slow but Johnson's puts up a fighting fatherly performance. The action kind of got drowsy but the main idea was decent.
kewlgeek555Nov 1, 2013
Not the action promised. Johnson had a mediocre performance, but the kid had a great performance, to me. I didn't really feel any suspense or thrill either.
dark_mater97Jul 14, 2013
This movie was just a really long bore. I mean going into this movie I thought that this movie would be action packed and exciting but it was just the exact opposite. I mean The Rock's performance was not to good but John Bernthal'sThis movie was just a really long bore. I mean going into this movie I thought that this movie would be action packed and exciting but it was just the exact opposite. I mean The Rock's performance was not to good but John Bernthal's performance surpassed that of The Rock's in my opinion. All the movie is is just an hour long drug deal. The best part of the movie was the ending just because it has the most action in it and it is also a happy ending. Don't have too much to say on this one.
Overall: 4.75/10
OddsbodikinsJun 26, 2013
Any film with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on the front cover inspires images of butt kicking and broken bones, however, this film appears to be an attempt to leave that behind and show the world that their is more to him than big muscles.Any film with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on the front cover inspires images of butt kicking and broken bones, however, this film appears to be an attempt to leave that behind and show the world that their is more to him than big muscles.

The Rock puts in a good performance and that coupled with Barry Peppers excellent portrayal of a gritty, streetwise cop and good performances from Susan Sarandon and Jon Bernthal means the film is definitely not lacking in acting quality.

However, what starts out as a realistic and engaging storyline quickly becomes depthless and far from original, culminating in a far too predictable conclusion that completely lacks any twists and leaves the watcher wishing that it had been a balls-to-the-wall Rock action fest.

In conclusion a poor, unoriginal storyline saved by some good performances and proof that Dwayne Johnson can act in a slightly more serious role as well as his usual broken bones style.