7.1

1. Oct 26, 2012
    I am a big fan of the comics, like my dad, and this is the best, most faithful, accurate adaption we could have asked for, who would have known james purefoy could play the legendary anti-hero so well, especially after his APPALLING work on resident evil, all of the cast works well, the action is epic and old-fashioned in a great way, of course, whoever made this is a wonderful person andI am a big fan of the comics, like my dad, and this is the best, most faithful, accurate adaption we could have asked for, who would have known james purefoy could play the legendary anti-hero so well, especially after his APPALLING work on resident evil, all of the cast works well, the action is epic and old-fashioned in a great way, of course, whoever made this is a wonderful person and i hope they maintain this level of devotion in their other films :) Collapse
  2. Oct 14, 2013
    A simply fantastic movie in every way. A perfect swashbuckling blockbuster with a great hypnotic performance by James Purefoy. How it took over three years for this film to reach the States is beyond me and even more why is anybody please doing a sequel My kids and wife love this film too. A great piece of entertainment. I would like to Solomon Kane now journey into Africa into one of hisA simply fantastic movie in every way. A perfect swashbuckling blockbuster with a great hypnotic performance by James Purefoy. How it took over three years for this film to reach the States is beyond me and even more why is anybody please doing a sequel My kids and wife love this film too. A great piece of entertainment. I would like to Solomon Kane now journey into Africa into one of his many adventures. Come on Hollywood, wake up and pick it up. Expand
  3. Feb 23, 2014
    As a longtime Robert E. Howard fan, I had to see this movie. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. It was well cast, well acted, convincingly set. The special effects are sparingly used to set the tone, and very well designed, the fight scenes work, the costumes are plausible.
    This movie was clearly a labor of love, and deserving of better reviews than it
    This movie was clearly a labor of love, and deserving of better reviews than it has sometimes gotten. But you have to judge a story based on its type. Claiming the characters lack depth is like blaming Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow for being unrealistic. I can only hope that this movie did well enough to inspire more of the same. King Kull anyone? How about Cormac MacArt?
  4. Jan 2, 2013
    solomon kane is an almost perfect medieval hack 'n slash action flick with a decent cast, solid direction, and an awesome screenplay, which, unfortunately, doesn't entirely make the transition from paper to celluloid, but that's only a knitpick...

1. Reviewed by: Scott Tobias
    Sep 28, 2012
    There are no laughs in Solomon Kane; the sole attempt at a joke doesn't score, but it's a bracing reminder that humor exists. Instead, Bassett and Purefoy, his charisma-impaired star, get down to the grim, colorless business of vanquishing evil in a world where it settles like a black fog.
  2. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick
    Sep 28, 2012
    Michael J. Bassett's Solomon Kane is been there, done that.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Sep 27, 2012
    Solomon Kane succeeds by embracing its identity as a straightforward genre exercise, complete with bone-crunching and blood-spurting action. By not aiming for more, it hits its target.