6.8

1. Aug 24, 2014
    There's something about Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson together in this film. It's as if they are truly feeding off of each other's energies. Jack & Diane are the perfect mix for Nancy Meyers' finest work to date. It's really, really special.
  2. Dec 9, 2012
    If Nicholson and Keaton weren't in this, no one would care one whit about the movie. The acting is good (though not their best), the cinematography is excellent, but the story is cliche, boring, and the dialogue is stilted and predictable.
  3. Sam
    Apr 6, 2006
    Fantastic, hilarious, and moving, it's quite simply a great movie.
    Oct 6, 2005
    A movie for older people, but me, a teen, found it entertaining from time to time, thanks to good performances.
  5. MaddieS.
    Sep 28, 2005
    I thought this was a pretty cool movie (plus Keanu Reeves is so HOT!) and also very funny at times.
  6. CaaptainCraig
    Feb 20, 2005
    It helps if you like Jack and Diane. A nice classy and sophiscated move about older people....a welcome releaf from oversexed and undertalnted teenie booper actors. At moments it felt like I was watching Good as It Gets...a better film.
  7. Layne
    Jan 24, 2005
    Diane Keaton is so loose, funny, and flirtatious that it is easy to ignore any flaws in the film. Her bubbling, effervescent charm and dead-pan comic timing is beguiling. One of my favorite performances in one of my favorite movies.
  8. MarkT.
    May 17, 2004
    Saw this on United for free, and angry at time better spent sleeping or staring out the window. A hackneyed insult to my intelligence. Nicholson plays the same predictable role he plays --sarcastic, oh so free-wheeling and playful. Keanu Reeves should be embarrassed; no acting on his part, like the Matrix trilogy, but none of the fun. The movie plays on stereotypes about older, successful Saw this on United for free, and angry at time better spent sleeping or staring out the window. A hackneyed insult to my intelligence. Nicholson plays the same predictable role he plays --sarcastic, oh so free-wheeling and playful. Keanu Reeves should be embarrassed; no acting on his part, like the Matrix trilogy, but none of the fun. The movie plays on stereotypes about older, successful women that really irked my female partner, and offered stale cliches and cutsieness. Make me puke. Expand
  9. MikeM.
    Apr 23, 2004
    I really enjoyed this movie. Jack and Diane had great chemistry. Amanda Peet, Keanu, and Mcdormand were all terrific. The only problem is i thought it was going to end like 5 times before it actually did. So it was a little draggy in the middle but other than that a great movie.
  10. KatieP.
    Apr 21, 2004
    Eh... mildly entertaining. I thought it was going to end at like 10 different times (and hoped). It definitely dragged on for far too long, and the chemistry between Keaton and Nicholson was.. well, non-existant. I think people 50 and older would like this.
  11. WendelC.
    Apr 18, 2004
    All you naysayers get lost! The chemistry between Jack and Diane was absolutely off the Richter Scale. They had a ball making this and the audience just came along for the ride. All I can say is WOW!
  12. AndrewG.
    Apr 7, 2004
    Yet another film carried out of insignificance by its lead actors. Keaton is very, very good and an aging Jack Nicholson hasn't lost his charm.
  13. Nik
    Mar 29, 2004
    Sorry, i loved the cast, jack is great, but this movie is utterly boring. predictable from the first second till the end. ok. i didn't saw the end cause i fell asleep, but anyone could have guessed. besides this movie has no music. even my wife couldn't watch this house of pure boredom.
  14. Colm
    Mar 3, 2004
    Gotta love that grandma nudity.
  15. JoshB.
    Jan 26, 2004
    Nicholson is true to form. Reeves makes it believable (and he's hot), and McDormand is spot ON ! The most brilliant turn though belongs to Keaton. This is her best performance since Marvin's Room, and right up there with Annie Hall. Her comic timing is pitch-perfect, and she and Nicholson are great together. This movie is beautifully shot, and makes you feel great when you leave Nicholson is true to form. Reeves makes it believable (and he's hot), and McDormand is spot ON ! The most brilliant turn though belongs to Keaton. This is her best performance since Marvin's Room, and right up there with Annie Hall. Her comic timing is pitch-perfect, and she and Nicholson are great together. This movie is beautifully shot, and makes you feel great when you leave the theatre. Loved it!!! Expand
  16. KenG.
    Jan 20, 2004
    A winning performance by Diane Keaton (damn, she looks good!) and a witty script make this the comedy of the year. Jack is outstanding playing himself, and everybody seems comfortable in a movie with a lotta heart and soul. My only 2 problems: not enough Amanda Peet, and why choose Jack over Keanu (hot and smart)??
  17. LeroyT.
    Jan 18, 2004
    Jack rocked!
  18. RachelW.
    Jan 17, 2004
    One of the most hilarious and uplifting movies of the year. Jack and Diane are just perfect. The supporting cast is outstanding. You leave the theater with a smile on your face. Don't miss it.
  19. LiamS.
    Jan 15, 2004
    This movie was absolutely terrible. Yet another pathetic attempt at an Oscar, and vaguely resembling Ishtar ("Let's throw together a promising cast with a dull and predictable plot which puts people to sleep in their seats. This movie will undoubtedly win Oscars, since it is made only for this purpose, however, it is poor beyond measure, and certainly 2 hours of my life that I will This movie was absolutely terrible. Yet another pathetic attempt at an Oscar, and vaguely resembling Ishtar ("Let's throw together a promising cast with a dull and predictable plot which puts people to sleep in their seats. This movie will undoubtedly win Oscars, since it is made only for this purpose, however, it is poor beyond measure, and certainly 2 hours of my life that I will never get back. Expand
  20. DenzelN.
    Jan 15, 2004
    Eddie better stick to your day job as this was one of the most entertaining movies of the year. Jack was simply hilarious. Well, he played himself to a tee. Diane is one of our treasures and in this flick she simply shined. This is a movie that should not be missed.
  21. RobertH.
    Jan 8, 2004
    Sorry Eddie you are an island of one. I found it to be one of the best movies this year. I loved Jack stoned or otherwise and Diane.
  22. EdwardM.
    Jan 6, 2004
    This wins my prize for the worst big-budget hollywood movie ever made (beating out "Terms of Endearment" another Nicholson film). This movie is one string of banal clichés from beginning to end, it even has clichés within clichés. It is also far too long, should have been edited down by at least an hour. Nicholson looks like he's either stunned or stoned most of This wins my prize for the worst big-budget hollywood movie ever made (beating out "Terms of Endearment" another Nicholson film). This movie is one string of banal clichés from beginning to end, it even has clichés within clichés. It is also far too long, should have been edited down by at least an hour. Nicholson looks like he's either stunned or stoned most of the time, probably both. The character development is as thin as a piece of paper - basically, for all their wealth and worldly success these are very uninteresting people. Utter drivel! Expand
  23. StevenK.
    Jan 6, 2004
    I had mixed feelings, which could best be described as a subtle interest, in seeing this movie. It was, however, a complete delight to sit through. Although many may describe this movie as a "chick flick" I think the blend of comedy and romance really appeals to both sexes...there is just something truly spellbinding about the Jack and Diane and the chemistry between them, that keeps us I had mixed feelings, which could best be described as a subtle interest, in seeing this movie. It was, however, a complete delight to sit through. Although many may describe this movie as a "chick flick" I think the blend of comedy and romance really appeals to both sexes...there is just something truly spellbinding about the Jack and Diane and the chemistry between them, that keeps us glued to the screen, and really allows us, as viewers, to become emotionally invested in these characters. Although I felt it was a little lengthy, I would highly recommend this movie - it's warm-hearted, good-natured, funny, sexy, and has the perfect cast to pull it all off...what more could you ask for in a romantic comedy? Expand
  24. DavidR.
    Jan 5, 2004
    Major hit with word of mouth just wonderful. Jack and Diane team to make this a fantastic watch. Go see and enjoy.
  25. Dwayne
    Jan 3, 2004
    What a wonderful treat. I almost missed this one and had to be talked into seeing it. Am I glad that I did. Do not miss this as Jack and Diane fit like a glove.
  26. Tracie
    Jan 1, 2004
    Bravo for making a wonderfully funny romantic and enjoyable piece of art. Diane and Jack are sensational.
  27. Fantasy
    Dec 29, 2003
    What's not to like about this wonderful romantic comedy. The chemistry between Jack and Diane is explosive. Definitely one of the sleeper hits of this holiday season.
  28. JoeA.
    Dec 23, 2003
    You often fear that the trailer contains all the funny lines. This movie is full of 'em. I laughed throughout. It dragged a tiny bit near the end, but that's a small price to pay for the otherwise fun time. Especially if you're over 40, you've got to see this movie.
  29. AlessaS.
    Dec 22, 2003
    I absolutely loved it! The casting directors made superb choices. Diane and Jack have real chemistry. Best romantic comedy I have seen in a while!
  30. MikeD.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Great story premise, great acting, too long. Man, Diane Keaton sure makes her premeire as a G I L F!
  31. YoriD.
    Dec 21, 2003
    Don't know where the degree of dislike is coming from some critics...thought it was a great movie and a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y ADORED keaton. there's nothing groundbreaking on screen...except falling in love.... :]
  32. Joe
    Dec 14, 2003
    Despite some occasionally slipshod humor, this delightful romantic comedy works quite well, in fact, reminding me of those classic romantic comedies of the 30s and 40s, especially with its radiant leading lady, the luminous Diane Keaton.
  33. AlginaS.
    Dec 13, 2003
    Most funniest, fantastic and heartfelt movie this year. good casting and diane keaton was sensational. loved it!!!

1. Wall Street Journal
    Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Diane Keaton has the crucial role, and she makes the most of it.
  2. Generally quite amusing, with a brilliant cast.
    As cinema, it's polenta, but it's made palatable by the piquant sauce with which these two great stars season it.