7.6

1. Sep 11, 2014
    In my opinion one of the best movie in these years and one my favourites ever. Intriguing and deep plot, never boring and really really touching at the end. I never wrote a Metacritic review but i'm doing it now just to tell you to watch this movie.
  2. Sep 4, 2014
    As Duncan Jones second work as director, he's quickly proving his exquisite skill behind the camera. There are extreme complexities here, but because of the pace and rhythm from Jones, we enjoy every step of the way. Also, another achievement for Jake Gyllenhaal's collection of beautiful dramatic work.
  3. Jul 12, 2014
    Source Code is an entertaining concept thriller. It takes the whole Groundhog Day time lapse thing and constructs a new action-orientated premise out of it. Great fun all the way around.
  4. Jun 23, 2014
    Fascinating and wonderful movie. An interesting idea presented here. A lot of good solid action. Well acted and a very innovative script. This is one to own!
  5. Jun 18, 2014
    A great movie that gets better with repeated watching! After recently seeing Edge of Tomorrow (a crappy Tom Cruise flick that stole heavily from this movie) it made me appreciate this movie even more and I felt prompted to write a review. Source Code has many nuanced aspects that you may miss on first watching. The ending is very compelling and thought provoking. I loved this movie as much as Moon, this director's first movie. If you love S.C., see Moon also because although it was made on a low budget, it is just as brilliant! Expand
  6. Jun 17, 2014
    "Source Code is not time travel. Rather, Source Code is time re-assignment. It gives us access to a parallel reality."

Source Code is a top notch sci-fi thriller with an engaging story, a great lead actor that carries the film, and honestly after watching it i was rather mad at myself that it took me this long to see it. I have actually owned the movie since its been out on Blu ray but
    i just never got around to watching it. Lately though I've been trying to watch more movies i haven't seen so this was next up on the list also i justed watched Edge of Tomorrow last week so that also made me want to see this. Just like with Edge of Tomorrow this movie has been called a ripoff of "Groundhogs Day" which seriously sounds so stupid because its not like every other movie takes the formula of a successful film and then makes a movie with its own story based off that.

The movie follows Captain Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) a U.S. Army helicopter pilot. Colter wakes up on a train dazed and not sure where he is as he was last aware of being on a mission in Afghanistan. He is sitting next to a woman Christina Warren (Michelle Monaghan) she acts likes she knows him and this freaks him he looks around for a bit then he notices a strange reflection in the window so he heads to the bathroom to figure out that he is not is his own body but the body of another person. Just when he leaves the bathroom Michelle and him start to argue about who he really is and then BOOM! the train blows up and we see Colter wake up into what seems to be the real world. This is when he is introduced to Colleen Goodwin (Vera Farmiga) all she does is ask questions about the train but Colter doesn't remember anything so she sends him back in.

So now we have our movie in which it does show several moments over and over again which i guess some people had a problem with but i didn't find it a problem. Now something that wasn't so much of a problem but was still something that could have made the movie just a little better was. The "Source Code" program people that were highly under developed but seeing that the story doesn't call for them being a big part it wasn't that big of a problem still though a little more info on them would have been nice. I will say my biggest problem with the movie is its beyond bland villain and his ultra cliche reasoning for why he is doing this and just like Non-Stop it was so much great build up for a underwhelming ending also was him being dead supposed to be a twist because they tell you before hand that only a dead person can use the source code program so that was a dead give away, i caught it i guess many didn't.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Jake Gyllenhaal does another fantastic performance, I seriously don't understand why some people don't like the guy he is a exceptional actor.
  7. Jun 5, 2014
    Just something a bit different and varied, Source Code really does not fail to deliver in any way. The story is engaging, the characters, although a little cliche, each have their own personality, and overall the film is adrenaline fueled, emotional, and twists and turns throughout it's entirety. It's the kind of film that has you believe you've worked it all out, and then throws a curve ball, and it's fantastic.

This is highly recommended to anyone with an interest in action and thriller films, and wants something outside of the cliched and copy-pasted generic flicks we get day in, day out.
  8. Jan 16, 2014
    This is second Jake Gyllenhaal in row I have watched and have come away impressed with his ability to carry a movie. The script was a well done for a sci-fi with a limited premise. Think groundhog day meets an alternate reality/time travel episode on star trek. That being said it is the human element and the characters that drive this movie vs. the sci-fi element the film is based on. Definitely worth the rent. Expand
  9. Dec 21, 2013
    Very interesting concept anyone that's played Remember Me (2013 video game) will probably enjoy this. Basically you watch the same film clip over and over again but what makes it interesting is that each time you find out more about the story and the character overall. Source Code certainly doesn't come short in the originality department and it executes it very well. The only problem is that not much seemed to happen. The backstory and plot and characters were nowhere near deep enough or explored given the time and opportunities. It's not something for everyone, and I wouldn't call it a great film in its own right, but I can credit it for its uniqueness. Expand
  10. Dec 16, 2013
    Solid Sci-Fi movie with a solid hook. The conversations between sim runs are very nicely shot so as to not reveal too much too soon, which keeps you closely bound to the perspective of Colter Stevens as you're watching. Like a movie version of a first-person book. Jake Gyllenhaal was a really good pick for this movie because of the mindshare he brings to the table from his other movies.
  11. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not an amazing movie. The idea behind the history is a little lie. And they dont explane nothing.
    How a dead man can enter in another dead people to live 8 minutes of his ending? And thw worst, not just the 8 ending moments of his life, but in other dimensions, making what he want to make?

If you enter in the dead mind to look his 8 minutes left, you will just look that moment, you will cant change, just see that!
  12. Sep 27, 2013
    Good movie with an interesting storyline, nice cast. Do not know what else to say, definitely worth watching for everyone who likes movies with a slight touch of Sci-Fi or movies with amazing plots.
  13. Sep 21, 2013
    Source Code has a simple premise, and mediocre execution. The story keeps jumping from this time to this to that and sometimes I was lost. As someone who sat through Inception and basically understood 85% of it, this movie really confused me. Not just because of the story, but how Jake Gyllenhaal agreed to sign on to this project.
  14. Sep 19, 2013
    [3.9] Not only is it hard to sit through the same scene an hour and a half, but it doesn't help when that scene is accompanied by less than believable acting, lack of originality, and an incredibly formulaic story. Making a mystery story with out any suspense, and one that is completely predictable, is something I could care less for.
  15. Jul 29, 2013
    I liked how 'blockbuster-action-big' this was at places, while remaining thoughtful. Very entertaining ride, with the same kind of twisty creativity that made Jones'-directed Moon a worthwhile sci fi-movie.
  16. Jul 18, 2013
    Duncan Jones is showing he is one of the best sci-fi directors going today. Sure Source Code takes different elements from other films similar to his 2009 film Moon, but just like that film he adds a unique style that works perfectly. A
  17. May 3, 2013
    unfortunately source code isn't an original story cause we all seen this before however Jake Gyllenhaal is a good actor and he did his part very well but the story is not convincing at all which made some acting scenes were out of place i blame the writer and the director for the fact that i didn't enjoy the movie at all.
  18. Apr 2, 2013
    Duncan Jones directs a fast-paced and surprisingly thrilling film with Source Code, and could just be a hit with everyone.
    Jake Gyllenhaal stars as who we believe to be Sean Fentress, who has awoken aboard a train going towards downtown Chicago, but he is does not remember how he got here in the first place.
    We soon learn that he is not this train commuter at all, but he is actually a
    man locked up in a time-traveling mechanism that is inside the thoughts of another man...got that?
    Basically we see him as Gyllenhaal, and he has all the memories of his actual self, Colter Stevens, but he actually appears to be this other guy to everyone else, and this is brilliantly done,through going back to the same position he was put in at the start of the film by the shady company who are using him to try and prevent a terrorist attack.
    Michelle Monaghan also stars as the woman in the seat across from Colonel Stevens, someone he doesn't know but she of course is seeing Sean Fentress which makes for very interesting chemistry and at times quite humorous dialogue.
    Gyllenhaal exceeds in his role as the double man form different realities, combining pulsating action with charm and sophistication, and carries the film exceptionally well for its attention-demanding plot.
    My one very small complaint is perhaps the too-good-to-be-true ending, which was nice to see, but could easily have been flipped on its side and demanded more, while only a small complaint, I think it is still relevant considering the excellent story.
    The ridiculousness of the plot can be overlooked in so many ways by simply enjoying the story going on in front of you, as Stevens begins to get the hang of his time jumping each time he fails and is put back in the same place, remembering occurrences that are about to happen.
    But with a gripping turn in the story, its simply brilliant to sit back and watch the drama unfold in front of you, with plenty of interesting characters who all serve a purpose to Colonel Stevens mission.
    The thrill ride of Source Code never stops and continuously takes many twists and turns that add up to one of the best films of the year, surprising, enjoyable and heaps of fun and that does put a unique rhythm on the idea of time travelling and consequences.
  19. Mar 24, 2013
    Uninteresting and not very memorable, although in some scenes is exciting.
  20. Mar 13, 2013
    Source Code took me by surprise. The premise of a bomb being planted somewhere and our hero having to capture the bad-guy made me expecting a sort of action movie la Die Hard but instead it offered this very deep psychological thriller that'll make you think. There is some excellent chemistry between the protagonist Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) and his counterpart Christina Warren (Michelle Monaghan) which makes sure that the inevitable romance doesn't look awkward. Colleen Goodwin (Vera Farmiga) does an excellent job as well, playing the devil's advocate. The twist at the ending is a bit of a braintwister and far too open to interpretation and the movie would have fared better off without it if you ask me. Because of this reason alone I can't give it a 10. This is one of the most captivating thrillers I have seen in my life. Expand
  21. Feb 22, 2013
    I love movies that make you think, and Source Code will do that, the problem is, that what you're thinking is probably what's going to happen. This film is a take on the TV show Quantum Leap, but instead of leaping until the issue is solved, the leaper only has 8 minutes to try and solve the problem. Jake Gyllenhaal stars and while I usually don't care for him much, he was excellent here. I have a feeling this character may have been written specifically for him, because he's got a strange style and seems to not fit many of his roles. Source Code is another film in a genre of endless possibilities, it tries really hard to stand out and be special, but sadly it's pretty predictable, while playing off other established material, such as Quantum Leap and The Matrix. It is an enjoyable film and one of Gyllenhaal's best performances that i've seen, but if you're into Science Fiction, the way that I am, you're not gonna have much trouble figuring this one out. Expand
  22. Feb 20, 2013
    Source code is one of the smarter and more original science fiction movies (It was directed by Duncan Jones who made Moon also worth checking out). I gave it 6 point because, while it is somewhat original, unfortunately can not avoid the usual Hollywood clichés, and becomes predictable. Worth checking out, but will not be remembered much...
  23. Feb 16, 2013
    This is a very well made film with lots of attention to detail, everything fits and everything works pretty well. There are overtones of Groundhog Day (1993), in that a time period is repeated, but I found this one very different. Although not as good as ‘Moon’, IMO, I really liked this film and I’m glad I gave it a second look. It’s nicely paced, there’s a pretty good soundtrack, although it’s quite subdued and at ninety three minutes, it’s not too long. Over all, it’s a well written, nicely paced piece of science fiction with quite a nice twist at the end. Comparisons have been made with ‘Inception’ but I’m not even going to go there, they are totally different. I didn’t score it quite as highly as first time around because I felt it didn’t have quite the impact it did on the big screen. Still a very enjoyable watch though.

SteelMonster’s verdict: RECOMMENDED My score: 8.2/10.
  24. Feb 6, 2013
    To be honest, I went into this movie not knowing a single thing at all about it. No trailers. No description. Nothing. All I knew was that it was meant to be some sort of Sci-Fi or thriller. It totally blew me away. While I did see the ending coming a mile away, it still went about it in a clever way. This is perhaps the only Jake Gyllenhaal movie I can remember liking both him and the movie at the same time. The acting is decent. The writing is clever (perhaps too clever at times,) and the premise is really interesting. Overall A movie that perhaps could have had a bit more time to tighten up a few minor plot holes, but I'm not sure how they would have done that without ruining it. I would really like to see this kind of movie being made again, just perhaps on a grander scale. Expand
  25. Jan 22, 2013
    Source Code is confusing on all levels which it makes it nearly impossible to stay interested in. The ending of the movie is so far-fetched for even movies that it becomes completely unrealistic.
  26. Dec 7, 2012
    A really smart film. Unfortunately, it was also forgotten by many people, partly due its release date in Spring 2011; it came out in the weird months prior to blockbuster season. The repeating 8 minute scene never gets old as director Duncan Jones (Moon) proves he is a solid director in his second directorial effort.
  27. Nov 28, 2012
    While it can't even spit in the proverbial direction of Jones' first classic "Moon," "Source Code" is still an interesting action film, making some hard-to-swallow subject matter actually comprehensible.
  28. Nov 18, 2012
    This is one of the most exactly mediocre films I've seen. In terms of artistic merit it's actually Romantic fodder. The lead actors are good (Jake Gyllenhaal and Michelle Monaghan), the supporting actors are fair, the plot is unoriginal (as I saw another user review say), and the musical score makes me seasick. That said, it's a mainstream flick, what else can you expect. A good way to judge how good a drama is a lot of times is how good the few jokes are that are interspersed throughout a movie. The jokes were cheesy, which in my mind solidifies this movie as not good. I have to admit, there are some clever moments here and there; but they are few and far in between. There's simply no irony in any of the main plot points. No sarcasm. In my opinion good movies have a post-modern flair. Great or excellent movies are meta-modern. If Impressionism were a film movement, this wouldn't even be that. Not even proto-impressionism. Pure Romanticism. In other words, for people who have no idea what I'm talking about, this movie is neither bad nor good. I can't even say it's okay, because it plays it too safe. Keyword: Plain. Expand
  29. Nov 18, 2012
    Absolutely amazing movie ... I watched all movies of Duncan Jones ...Moon and Whistle (Short Film) are also wonderful ... I'm looking forward to watch the other project of Duncan Jones ...
  30. Sep 26, 2012
    Interesting twist on what could have been a predictable plot. Nice surprises. Good tension throughout. All in all a highly entertaining suspense film. It's becoming harder and harder to find movies on this genre that are as worth the time as Source Code is.
  31. Aug 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Duncan Jones's follow-up film to "Moon" follows a similar path of revealing major issues of worker compensation within the frame of a story much larger in scale. Unlike similar indie directors, it appears Jones was able to handle the larger budget without problem. Expand
  32. Jul 21, 2012
    Source Code has secured Duncan Jones' funding for a few more films as he continues to show what an excellent talent he is in the sci-fi genre. The film started to become slightly repetitive towards the latter stages but all in all this film was very good. I believe that the talents of Jake Gyllenhaal helped to steer the audience throughout this picture.
  33. Jun 23, 2012
    I loved this movie so much because it's a good start with an original idea and, in reverse of other films, managed to finish in a charming way. The direction is fantastic and the actors are great.
  34. May 6, 2012
    Source Code is not a thriller that keeps you guessing. The plot is believable and presents very few surprises. But it keeps you on the edge of your seat as you watch a man who doesn't know his own identity slowly discover the clues that reveal the truth.
  35. Apr 5, 2012
    Source Code is perfect just the way it is. It keeps you guessing, has great acting, very decently filmed, and the story completely works. I'd say its a masterpiece.
  36. Apr 1, 2012
    An intriguing mystery with the scents of Groundhog Day and The Matrix. The special effects did not overshadow the plot, although some of it was hard to get my head round. Jake Gyllenhaal acts very realistically and the action was very well-paced. Surprisingly a very heart-pounding well crafted action thriller. The ending was fantastically unpredictable and I never would have known that it would be that beautiful. The film left on very high note. Expand
  37. Mar 26, 2012
    The overall premise of a person being able to relive a persons last eight minutes may sound ludicrous, but the movie does a good and believable job of explaining how it is done. While the movie is science-fiction there is a level of believability to what is happening and â
  38. Mar 12, 2012
    I could relate somewhat to Jake Gylenhalls character. I was on a 13 hour flight and I had not gotten any sleep. All I wanted was for the ride to end, but then the tone changed and took me out of my beleaguered state. I loved that there was no definitive course of action to finding the bomber. He was given too many decisions with too limited time. The backstory was even more enthralling. As if not apart of the world anymore, he was trying to find his purpose to going back into the source code. It was intense when he found it, I started tearing up. I connect to main characters very intensely, and I was completely satisfied with the ending. I want to know what that poem meant though. Expand
  39. Mar 6, 2012
    This movie is brilliant! When the end came, I got a chill over all my body in front of such awesomeness. I liked so much that I decided to review this movie and give maximum score. Awesome!
  40. Feb 14, 2012
    From Moon to Source Code, i can honestly say that Duncan Jones future has a filmmaker is very bright, let's just hope that he can keep this up. I am very much looking towards his work in the future.
  41. Feb 6, 2012
    I think Source Code is Inception-lite. It is an intelligent movie but doesnt test the viewer like Inception does. I also think Source Code has become the most underappreciated movie of 2011. I was blown away by the movie and it rewards repeat viewings as well. If you were intrigued by the premise of Vantage Point and wish it was done with skill, Source Code is the perfect movie for you.
  42. Feb 5, 2012
    How does it all end?
    Well you should find out by watching this thrilling Sci-Fi / Mystery Film! Duncan Jones is processing his good work and I can't wait to find out his new Masterpiece.
  43. Jan 23, 2012
    Okay the movie isn't that amazing. But oh my this is good to see some sci-fi that goes further than tall blue human or spaceships. Thanks for this. You might just want to see this movie for the concept itself.
  44. Jan 21, 2012
    The film was was a mildly entertaining watch. At no point during the film did I feel a emotional connection with any of the characters and the plot was distinctly lacklustre. Disappointingly dull and flat film for a concept that packed definite potential.
  45. Jan 16, 2012
    Source Code is original and entertaining and benefits from Jake Gyllenhaal's charming and solid performance. It is a bit confusing at times but the film has decent visual effects, and will leave your mind spinning. I give this film 75%.
  46. Dec 19, 2011
    Some parts of this movie may get a little confusing (especially during the middle and to the end), but that will no detract from the marvelous popcorn entertainment that is Source Code. Definitely see!
  47. Dec 4, 2011
    Source Code is a great movie that is thrilling and entertaining from beginning to end. Jake Gyllenhaal as always gives a superb acting performance but all the other characters are good acting too. The plot is top-notch with many twists and turns and the ending just blew my mind away. There are times when the movie slows down a bit but that is insignificant compared to everything else. Overall the Source Code is a great movie that I'm 100% will entertain, especially those who liked Inception. Breakdown for Source Code: Presentaition: 9.7, Plot: 9.5, Acting: 9.8, Script: 9.5, Lasting Appeal: 9.5. Overall Score: 9.4 out of 10 "Amazing" Expand
  48. Dec 4, 2011
    perfect!______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  49. Nov 18, 2011
    Certainly not bad. The movie reminds me of both Inception and Groundhog Day. The movie is generally considered as a thriller - an action movie, but there is a bit of comedy in it as well. A movie should never forget to add a few creatively hilarious lines. A movie worth saying, although the ending was a bit weird.
  50. Nov 14, 2011
    Well what to say about the film.In short its 1 hr 35mins of pure entertainment(its more depends on ur mental capability to absorb the movie actually).On the first go the movie did feel like Ubisoft's hit video game title "Assassins Creed" and then it takes a big leap forward.It is very hard to avoid spoilers for a movie like SOURCE CODE but 1 thing is guaranteed youll be coming back to see this again and again.This shows the creativity of the director(very well accomplished)just BRAVO! ,While the story(i will not spoil anything here) is overwhelmingly gorgeous,its Jake Gylenhall that steals the show.He steps into the shows of main protagonists with remarkable ease.........SOURCE CODE is the winner all the way Expand
  51. Nov 13, 2011
    The movie is great and a very cool mind twisting short movie which can be enjoyed every time you watch it. I am very impressed by the story of the film. A pure mind bending movie after INCEPTION. Source Code is awesome.
  52. Nov 12, 2011
    Familiar science fiction concepts are played out well in this race against the clock consciousness swapping techno-thriller. The central plot device is a new technology allowing a person's consciousness to be integrated in to the experience of someone else in their final 8 minutes of life, this is used to foil a terrorist plot to kill thousands. The protagonist Colter Stevens' unwillingness and lack of choice in his role as hero, ads an extra dimension to this film that lets you take away more from it than just the concept itself which already has many interesting implications to consider. The ideas aren't new enough and the material not really original enough to be something I would call 'hard sci-fi' but it blends elements of action, thriller and science fiction very well and does no disservice to any of those genres in creating something that suspenseful, engaging and strong.

Like any good film and especially any good science fiction should, this will get you thinking and because it takes familiar elements of classic action-thrillers 'where's the bomb?', 'who's the terrorist?' and blends them with scientific and philosophical riddles; 'is consciousness physically encoded in our neurology and can we decode that and play it back as a unified experience?', 'is it right to impose suffering upon an individual if it means saving the lives of many?' - it gives you the best of both worlds. You're wearing two thinking caps with this one, internally playing your inner CIA-operative-come-detective as you try to solve the mystery before it's too late whilst also exploring the wider and more thoughtful implications that the plot's concept creates.

It does suffer from one major paradoxical flaw which is that, the ability to experience someone's last 8 minutes of life is explained as being the result of the overlap of a preserved 'afterglow' of magnetic energy within brain cells that preserve a semblance of consciousness and that the human brain uses something akin to a memory cache of 8 minutes of short term memory. Using these two ideas, a machine is created that can put an operator in to those last 8 minutes of memory, and so the hope is that those last 8 minutes will contain precious information to help uncover the identity of a dangerous terrorist known to be around the deceased individual at the time of his death. This is fine except that our hero is told to actively investigate and to do things and go places that the deceased man whose consciousness he is temporarily assuming, never did. Perhaps the 'afterglow' preserves enough of the person for them (or for Colter) to extrapolate what might have happened if in those 8 minutes, the person had done something different, like a vivd dream, but in that case the information would be more or less useless to anyone because it would just be someone's best guess, something the investigators who built the machine would have themselves anyway. If in my last 8 minutes of life I was in my home sleeping, and someone could use this device to experience those same final 8 minutes, they either couldn't wake up and walk around and go outside (because I didn't) or if they did, they'd just be imagining what was probably happening outside based on their best guess. You can't create information that isn't in the memory track of those 8 minutes.

With enough concentration, my inner nerd was able to shut up about this flaw and see the film through and it's worth it because the rewards are rich and the final denouement which so often seems an unnecessary tacked on bit of fluff, actually opens even more interesting avenues of thought and adds another layer to a film that seems simpler than it really is. It didn't warrant a higher score than an 8 for me because of the conceptual problem with the plot and because some of the characters are a bit typical but the film is impressive in its ability to pack a lot of sci-fi in to a simple passenger 57 action staple. Watch it, it's a good film.
  53. Oct 29, 2011
    I guess it's possible to make a watchable movie even when it's confusing. The ending, which defies all logic, in particular left me scratching my head. I prefer sci-fi pictures that have plausibility, but must admit that I was entertained. Still, it does not deserve all the rave reviews.
  54. Oct 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. after along time i watch a movie which was really amazing... and i think it is not for all.... this is an awesome movie................... that's all Expand
  55. Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting twist of reality using technology to relive the past. This type of movie always presents idealogical meanings of life and death that will never be answered. I would recommend this movie to anyone that likes movies that present outside of the box concepts.
  56. Oct 16, 2011
    One of my favorite actor is playing in this movie and that is why I am giving it this score , I cant say that the movie is a total disaster but because it was getting very good critics I thought I would see better , a so and so movie I thing you should watch is because every person has his own style ...
  57. Oct 15, 2011
    I initially placed Source Code into the same category of Inception, a film which I did not enjoy to say the least. Surprisingly, this film had me feeling more satisfied albeit there are a list of things I could still complain about. The cast was decent and the film's linear progression was appropriately matching of the storyline. While this film did not catch me in any sort of awe, it was simply entertaining enough to allow for a full sit-through without major regrets. I recommend it to a general audience. Expand
  58. Oct 13, 2011
    Real science fiction movies with meaning and ideas are my favourite movies and Source Code is well worth everyones time. The story is engaging with many twists and turns, Jake Gyllenhaal is good as the lead, and there are some interesting surprises. The movie does seem a little too familiar to other science fiction movies we have already seen but it is still a solid watch - I want more movies like this. Recommended Expand
  59. Oct 12, 2011
    Duncan Jones, son of David Bowie, has done it again. He has now created two amazing movies and this one blew me away. It has been described as the Groundhog Day of Action/Science-Fiction and I can see why people say that. I'm giving this movie a 9 out of 10 because it is near perfect, but there could have been things done to make it better. I am anticipating the next Duncan Jones movie.
  60. Oct 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For my money, a gripping thriller with an excellent performance from Jake Gyllenhaal - all eyes, military training and edginess. Michelle Monaghan also great, and the chemistry between the two leads kept me hanging in through all the repeats. I did find the Vera Farmiga role a bit unrealistic - lots of close-ups of facial emoting, meant to signal to the audience her inner conflict, yawn. And of course the basic sci fi premise isn't logical - but I've seen a lot worse movies in the last couple of years that pretended to be deep and significant. This movie focuses on the action and it delivers. From the opening shots it had confidence and direction - well worth to watch. Expand
  61. Oct 9, 2011
    It took me a long while to convince my girlfriend to watch this film, we had seen the trailer in the cinema and she was not impressed. I too thought the film would just be something to take up time. The start to the film was slow but really set the scene for the film with great characterisation from the start. The film really got going after a slow 30 minute start but then carried on to keep my attention. A really good film with a great ending leaving a big smile on my face as the plot was easy to follow but made you think as well. Great film worth a watch or buy! Expand
  62. Oct 8, 2011
    One of the best movies, I've ever watched! After the movie I was amazed. I think every part of this movie is perfectly attached to each other: writing (story), casting (actors) and filming. Good job.
    The story is terrific. The way it's made is unbelievable. During the film you feel so emotional and at the same time excited!
  63. Oct 5, 2011
    "Source Code" is definitely the stinkiest steaming pile of Hollywood CRAP I've seen in a long time!!!

A gross and tactless use of every philosophical one-liner cliché in the book while plagiarizing bits and pieces of nearly every parallel-reality movie out there. For a movie like this to be acceptable, the action needs to be relentless and breathtaking ... it's not!

EVERYTHING in this movie is just sloooooow and predicatable while the script is just down right embarrassing (could you pah-lease have used the line "It's gonna be OK" just one more time for me? I don't think there were enough of those).

How on earth Duncan Jones could go from making a masterpiece like "Moon" and sink into this total waste of time and money is beyond me.

As for Jake Gyllenhaal ... I get it man, you're making lots of money playing these parts and who can blame you, I'd probably do the same, but can't you give us a good ol' indie drama part like you used to every now and then to remind me why I love you so much?? Could ya mix it up for me a bit there ol' buddy, ol' pal? How about a "Bubble Boy" for each "Prince of Persia"? A "Donnie Darko" for every "Source Code"? 'Cause to tell you the truth man, I'm starting to forget how good you REALLY are!!!

To conclude: If you like crap that "thinks" its deep and intelligent, this is the movie for you!!!
  64. Oct 1, 2011
    A parable reflecting Americans' desperate desire to find a means to neutralize the threat of terrorism. Tellingly, the technical mechanics of counterterrorism are left vague: "its parabolic calculus ... very complicated"--an imprecision reflecting the actual (and necessary) shortcomings/limitations of counterterrorism. No real referent is available to the film makers; instead, the mythology (and latent desperation) of late cold war era "Star Wars" is a closer referent.
    Not surprisingly, dispare resolves into its opposite: hope. And yet, rather than adopting a resolute patriotism, the firm's anti-terrorism sentiment is grounded in the reverence of human life. Thus, while addressing a pervasive and distinctly American, post-9/11 sense of dispare, the strength of the films lies in its resolving upon a universal valuation of life--"Look at all this life," Gyllenhaal remarks in a final scene. In confronting the specter of terrorism, the film (wisely/refreshingly) affirms life rather than patriotism.
  65. Sep 18, 2011
    "Source Code" smells like a Hollywood movie with a extreme Hollywood ending. But overall, the movie is nothing like it. It mesmerizes the audience with its powerful cinematography and innovative plot. Truly a movie that is worthy of a Oscar nomination.
  66. Sep 18, 2011
    Duncan Jones continues to impress with his second feature. Jake Gyllenhaal, as always, is effortlessly charming, and makes the central character easy to engage with. Vera Farmiga also impresses, but Michelle Monaghan less so, as it seems like they could have cast anyone in her role. Source Code looks good and sounds good, as well as giving viewers' brains a bit of a workout before the brainless blockbuster season begins in earnest. The central premise is rather clever, though the film borders on incomprehensibility in the last act. It's not quite up there with Jones' debut Moon, but Source Code is proof that he is a safe pair of hands even with larger-scale projects. Expand
  67. Sep 16, 2011
    Thrilling and complex, SOURCE CODE is a smooth combination of INCEPTION, FLIGHTPLAN, and GROUNDHOG DAY, with a slight romantic twist to it, as well. It could have been a lot longer, but that's not to say it was too short--excluding the credits, it ran for an hour and twenty-seven minutes, which isn't too bad, especially since everything was explained well in just that amount of time. Sometimes, to look at the disappointing side, the film just seemed like a feature-length ad for multiple products, as from beginning to end, it appeared as if there were Dunkin' Donuts logos and Coca-Cola labels flying across the camera like a crazy GEICO commercial, but beyond that, this was a decent science fiction thriller with a nice, smooth, even plot (if complex), and an overall all right ending. I'd recommend it, because it's great like INCEPTION, because of the complex plot and the whole "second reality"-type thing (or simply "dreams" in INCEPTION, similarly); but unlike INCEPTION, it's less of a saga, and it's much easier to sit through. Expand
  68. Sep 12, 2011
    Buy-it - Source Code is an exhilarating, mind-bending, sci-fi thriller where Jake Gyllenhaal enters a stranger's body on a Chicago train for 8 minutes at time in an attempt to find the bomber onboard - think Groundhog Day meets Minority Report - but better!
  69. j30
    Sep 4, 2011
    I was hoping this movie would be better, maybe the cookie-cutter ending ruined my aspirations. None the less this movie is a tense, thought-provoking, emotionally driven popcorn summer movie.
  70. Aug 28, 2011
    An enjoyable mystery-thriller movie using a science fiction plot mechanic, which is what attracted me to watch. It's not hard sci-fi, as there's a few pretty obvious holes in the premise once you think about it a bit, but if you take the idea of the "source code" at face value then it's a fun ride.
  71. Aug 28, 2011
    A+ for how it handled time and reality. A+ for attention to detail and reflections. A for the intriguing, clever, tickle me pink plot. B for the ending. A train explosion in Chicago. That's about all I can say without giving anything away. I'm partial to movies like this. Very nostalgic for me, I'm just a huge fan of sci fi and time type of movies. Love it, love it! Very Deja Vu, Quantum Leap, the Jacket, Groundhogs Day, Unstoppable, Fringe. Woot :) Expand
  72. Aug 25, 2011
    Sorry, Italian / English mechanical. Colter Stevens: a strong consciousness noetic.

Space is said Duncan Duncan Jones - Director / limited physical space and cyber-psychology. Inside lives the man Duncan, bimodal, and sapiens. How much humanity in man Duncan? Lots and engaging, full-bodied enough to lead to reflections on the affinity homo sapiens and earth monomorphic; studies on the
    consequences of its applications and hyper, the state of his mental health. Sdooong!

The mirror Duncan.

The mirror reflects a self aberrated body with which we must deal in any case and is not serious business. But, attention, mental aberration is not only physical. Faced with this obvious fact, many would run like hell. Colter Stevens Jake Gyllenhaal / "he" in fact, a new body. The veteran Colter has only a moment of loss, is able to deal with new events because he is strong noetic consciousness, the mind influences matter /. This essential feature, was selected for the government program "Source Code". Deals with "the moment" not only in an objective and deterministic real-time /, but it is also fast nell'intuire who is living and crossing a boundary where the senses are those known as being restrictive.
    Listening to him, I understand that our individual history, as well as his, is full of questions, and sometimes the most trivial or insignificant, the simpler and less open-minded, become dynamite to the mind.

Two efficient micro-environments.

A train, six cars. In one of these, a man, his name is Sean Fentress, a teacher. Awakened from a deep slumber, accustomed as he is to observe, analyze and store names, faces, objects and everything else would be useful for survival, senses immediately that you are in a state of inertia that does not belong. Irascible, is on the defensive when his partner, Christina Michelle Monaghan / try to get him a ticket out of his pocket to show it to the controller.
    -Look, I see that you think you know me, but I do not know who he is. I am the captain Colter Stevens. I am a U.S. Army helicopter pilot in Afghanistan.
    It feels wrong, get off the train, you look around, observe, ask a young man with red hair where it is. - Chicago. And 'the answer. He returned to meet Christina, the train resumes its journey. He sits down, but a new image overwhelms him, his (?) Is reflected in the glass of the window as the train crosses a bridge supported by piers shod dull and expressionless. Spontaneous and immediate is the question - Have you seen yourself? - You're scaring me. And 'the response from Christina. Run away, goes to the bathroom, looks in the mirror ... not at all frightened, put your hands in your pocket sure to find an identity. He opens his wallet - SEAN Fentress - TEACHER. He starts to go away, do not understand is this strange metamorphosis. Christina joined him, in front of him, begs him to say something. - Look, I do not know who is Sean and I do not know who you are. - This is not mine, the document shows. - You will see that everything will be fine - Christina reassuring. Violent, unexpected, comes the explosion. The roar of the train derails, the shattered glass and twisted metal do not leave hope. He, the teacher Sean Fentress, is the only survivor. The awakening occurs within a capsule. Thus began the incredible journey of our veteran. There will be two characters to guide them in the Source Code, the project manager Dr. Rutledge Jeffrey Wright / Soldier of the application and technical Goodwin Vera Farmiga /.

The deaths were a tragedy that train. The Source code can ...

Ok. The journey begins when my job ends. One last thing, Don Burgess Forrest Gump - Terminator 3 / is in charge of photography, Chris Bacon Gnomeo and Juliet / it is for music, Paul Hirsch Star Wars / getting the mount. Not bad, right?
    Council to see the film, a few yawns and many moments of reflection. The director of | Moon | although they have a small budget has confirmed to be able to give intelligent emotions.

Good Clik!
  73. Aug 24, 2011
    I rate this movie highly because it kept me interested and I am not a big fan of "flashback" or "time travel" / "time shift" type films. One of the better movies I have seen in months. Watch it if you feel like being entertained.
  74. Aug 23, 2011
    Après avoir vu Inception, il est devenu difficile de sortir un film appartenant à la science-fiction aussi bon que le chef-d'oeuvre de Christopher Nolan. Même s'il ne fait pas mieux, Duncan Jones arrive à nous livrer un divertissement qui sort des "rails" battus avec ce thriller captivant de bout en bout, orchestré avec brio et mis en scène avec savoir-faire. Et même si je préfère légèrement Moon (premier film du réalisateur), Source Code, bien qu'étant un soi disant remake de Moon, reste un film intelligent, comme le cinéma nous en livre rarement. Expand
  75. Aug 17, 2011
    Source Code, the second movie from Duncan Jones, the man who bought us the sleeper hit Moon in 2009, and now with an increased budget, and not to mention larger cast, he brings us this stylish and fast-paced sci fi thriller, and what a joyride it is.

The story begins with army helicopter pilot Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) who was last time he remembered in Afghanistan, awakening on a
    commuter train bound for Chicago. He's accompanied by Christina Warren (Michelle Monaghan) but he soon discovers all is not as it seems when he finds out he's inhabiting the body of Sean Fentress, a school teacher who regularly travels this route. Before he has time to work out what's going on, the train explodes, killing him and everyone else on board. He awakens to find he is an unwilling participant in a project called 'Source Code' and that he is accessing the last eight minutes of a person's life in an alternate timeline. The operator, Captain Colleen Goodwin, explains that there has been a terrorist attack on the commuter train he was travelling on, and now he must go back again and again until he can identify the bomber and find out his next target.

But, like all good thrillers, all is not as it seems, Colter soon finds out his mission takes a very personal turn when using his eight minute windows in the alternate timeline, he begins to investigate his own life as well and how he came to be part of the Source Code project.

The movie plays something like Groundhog Day meets Inception meets Jason Bourne. Jones throws you in hard and fast, giving you little time to find yourself before you're dragged along for the ride, probably as confused as Gyllenhaal as to what's going on initially, but by the time the first act closes, you'll be hooked.

The script, from Ben Ripley, a relative newcomer whose previous credits include two films in the Species franchise, is well-constructed and rounded, each plot point is placed at the correct intervals and the script is clever, but at the same time neither does it try and intentionally confuse you for confusions sake. Ripley explores the theories of alternate timelines and quantum mechanics in small digestible bites that doesn't drag the script down with too much scientific explanation explaining the concepts behind the story.

Considering this is only Jones' second feature he knocks the ball right out of the park. With Moon, Jones was able to tell a high-tension tale with what was essentially a one-man show from Sam Rockwell, and in a way he does the same here, considering that nearly the entire film is based around the same eight minutes of time, Jones explores every angle the story can take, pushing Gyllenhaal this way and that and balancing the action inside of the Source Code machine with the character development-driven period in the 'real' world. What should also be admired is that the budget for this movie, whilst $32 million isn't high for a science-fiction movie, Jones manages to make this film look and feel like something that costs five times more. Jones is definitely a talent to watch.

Overall, Source Code is an entertaining thriller that leaves you thinkng about te aspects of it long after the credits have rolled, it will certainly be worth repeat viewings and is worth every word of praise passed its way.
  76. Aug 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought this was an awesome movie. Packed full of action, romance, a bit of comedy, and a sci-fi sort of feel to it. It made you think of what you would do if you had only a small amount of time to live. It was a lot like Groundhog Day. It had the same sort of plot to it with the same thing happening over and over again. But this movie had it's own qualities. Like the sci-fi feel to it I brought up before, and the government conspiracy type deal. It was a bit confusing at times though and I couldn't figure out what was going on at times but you just have to be patient and you begin to follow. So in all I thought this movie was a pretty damn good movie and highly recommend it. Expand
  77. Aug 6, 2011
    Ground Hog Day without the laughs on a train. Totally unoriginal, totally silly, totally couldn't wait for it to end.
    Jake is taking anything on that seems to come along. I guess good for him but I'm out 6 bucks for the rental. Watch Groung Hog day.
  78. Aug 6, 2011
    A fantastic sci-fi film, possibly the best of the year. Thrilling, touching and with a good ending it is a must-see film for all film lovers. Probably the best film of the year.
  79. Aug 1, 2011
    I will be honest. when I first seen previews for this, I thought it would be a garbage picture. Turns out, I was wrong! Very fresh vision on science fiction and something different. Its good to see directors are taking on these types of movies outside of the norm. Jake Gyllenhaal surprised the heck out of me in his role in this one. He has a very large acting range, especially in this flick. He can be emotional, funny, charming, serious and pretty much all of the above. Well, well worth a view. What The Source Code... Its not an option. 8/10. Expand
  80. Aug 1, 2011
    Science-fiction creates another far-fetched and effective aid to crime-solving only to have it's life-saving potential dashed by absolute moral values and shallow romanticism. The ending reminds me of the shoddy smile-fest tacked onto Minority Report, but less plausible.
  81. dz9
    Jul 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Going into this movie, and hearing how the mechanics of the Source Code was suppose to work. I turned off my brain and went along with the lore, which I know you must do in most science fiction movies. I could go on and gripe about the idiotic science that the directors has spat into the faces of the American people. I realize that through this science, Jake Gylenhaal's character should not have been able to do the things he did.... but honestly, i just grinded my teeth together and took the movie for what it was and nothing more and tried to have fun. Actually...I did, this movie was VERY entertaining, it kept you on the edge of your seat with the suspense that the movie had built, great character development, and great characters in general, and acting was excellent. Don't get me wrong, in the back of my mind, I knew that the science they had presented was contradicting and was nonsense, but I was actually having an VERY good time with this movie. So why such a low score??? The movie done something extremely unforgivable, the ending had ruined it. The movie had drilled into the viewers mind a simple rule, and it was that the Source Code was just an 8 minute relay that Gyllenhaal's character was going through, and guess what happens at the end??...HE GOES BEYOND THE 8 MINUTES. Don't get me wrong, if the movie had set this plot hole up to be plausible, it would have been alright. For example: imagine if you are watching a movie and it had simply said "the sky can not be red," and then for no reason whatsoever, the sky turns red at the end of the movie. Source Code gave the excuse that "well no one really understood the source code," there was another problem with that, Gyllenhaal's character died, so he should not have been able to live in the Source Code because he was not alive in reality. And that's not the only thing that was wrong with the ending, it also seemed forced, it seemed like the writers just wanted to have a "feel good" ending which was completely unnecessary. The scene where the time in the source code had paused, Gyllenhaal's character is kissing Monaghan's character, and everyone is happy...the screen should have just turned off then and it would have been a perfect ending. It's too bad too, i saw the movie in theatres and I was absolutely "in" on these characters, but the ending shattered the whole movie. The Good: Great cast and characters, great action. The Bad: Contradicting story, strong unnecessary undertones, and an absolutely awful ending. To give an example of how much the ending shattered the movie, if it would have ended more sensible, i would give this movie a 9, but how it stands.... this movie is good for the brainless but awful for anybody with standards for what they call art. Expand
  82. Jul 27, 2011
    One Of the best Movies of 2011 FOR SURE! I even bought it on blu-ray. The movie was just really great. not just because of the special effects and all that, but the story was good. Its basically about a soldier called "Colter Stevens" who dies during battle on a helicopter and he's not completely dead! part of his brain is still alive and the army uses him for a new project called "source code". Steven's mission is to go back in time and find out who put the bomb on a train in Chicago, and find out where it is located. that's basically the story! and it has a time loop for the plot device. so he constantly goes back reliving those 8 minutes trying to find out what happened to him, and why hes there. During the time loop he falls in love with a women named Christina. and even after finishing his mission. he decides to go back into source code to try and save her! really GREAT movie. definitely its a must watch. Expand
  83. Jul 27, 2011
    Source Code is a really good thriller type movie which keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering whats going to happen next. The acting of Jake Gyllenhaal (Jarhead, Donnie Darko), Michelle Monaghan (Eagle Eye, Gone Baby Gone) and Vera Farmiga (The Departed, Up In The Air) are a real credit to the film. Overall if you want suspense, action and a real good thriller, then this is the movie for you. Expand
  84. Jul 23, 2011
    Source Code is a very good film. Its original, has a good story to tell and alot of scenes in the film was very cool. My only problem with the film is some scens in the film were a bit boring. I would give this film a high matinee!
  85. Jul 19, 2011
    One of my favorite action movies this YEAR! with a great storyline, and great special effects. I can't think of a reason not to see it. Unfortunately the repetitive going back to the train so it can explode thing gets old eventually.
  86. Jul 19, 2011
    See this if you liked Inception or any other Hollywood Sci-fi that has some thought put into it. I liked the story and the acting was good. Maybe I'm just used to watching "who dunnit" type films and TV and even though I wasn't surprised by the twists or the ending I still enjoyed the movie.
  87. Jul 18, 2011
    This movie is the best I've seen an incredible story, this movie made â
  88. Jul 16, 2011
    This is a good movie. I watched it a second time just to view it knowing what I knew, and it was gold the second time. Great acting with a story that draws you in from the beginning. It was engaging with the mind and the emotions. Watch it!
  89. Jul 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For me, the movie was disappointing. Trailers looked wonderful. But they twisted a romance into this weird story about a guy who was in Afghanistan and got his body blown off so they use him as a lab-rat to find a bomb on a train - and be a Hero one more time in the eyes of the American hopefull. SO, they decide to go through these little weird scenes to try and make the movie tricky and witty. Not really working. It disturbing that Hollywood is more and more becoming a huge advertizement for the "American Way". I mean ... did he REALLY have to be part of the Afghanistan "War" to make this movie work, did he REALLY have to be a "Veteran" who saved lives? A veteran who could potentially be a "Hero" after saving more and more people. Geez, that glam stuff gets so repetitive and pathetic it makes me want to hurl.

Most viewers shrug it off as nonsense, but the Studios are really sending messages to the people watching these kind of movies. Maybe your right, maybe I am "looking to deep" into it, but if you look under all the BS plot on top - at the heart of these things is a message, and the message has nothing to do with the quality of the movie or the continuity and excitement. Unfortunate. It really could have been a great modern Sci-Fi flick. Surprised Coca-Cola or Nike hadn't hung like a banner on the outside of the train from tip to tip. Oh, and the ending. Geez! Did a 13 year old girl write that? WOW.
  90. Jul 13, 2011
    It started off a little confusing not because the plot was not comprehensible because it was hard to know that the character Sean was trying to recollect his memory. Through the movie my attention seemed to cease until the twist happened and it was revealed about his real life. The movie was almost inspirational at the fact not to live a contrived life but to live life by the moment and one day at a time. Although that is nearly impossible for anyone in our state to do that at least some day we can look forward to a day it will happen. It was very well acted and a strong performance by all the actors. Music was a little off with the mood of the movie; could have been better. The plot of the movie was very straightforward but also profound in the development of the script. It was a good film non-the-less but not a repeatedly watch movie in my eyes. Like the movie, you already know about the events before they unfold. Expand
  91. BeK
    Jul 11, 2011
    Well, where to start from. Source Code definitely represents something new, not really never seen before, but more than certain a pleasant surprise. The idea of the so called "Source Code" really brings to live another side of humanity. In some parts I found the movie rather boring, even though the actors gave their best performance. Some minor misleading events, movie mistakes, but in general a great movie, worth seeing, at least once. A real drama. Showing what the human mind can achieve, maybe in a couple of centuries, is captivating, no matter how small the budget of the movie is. Unexpected from many points of view. It really depends on the tastes of people, some people might love it, some people might find it too boring, overrated. In my opinion the truth is somewhere in between. Trailer, as always shows the best parts, like in any case, but don't discourage, this movie won't let you down, from any points of view, especially if you're really into, how can I say, hard movies, where you don't have to just sit in you sit in your seat and laugh it off, it really makes you think about a couple of things, life. Watch it, enjoy it. Expand
  92. Jun 20, 2011
    Source Code is a great sci-fi movie which explores travels on time and parallels realities through a very simple premise, but never ceasing to be puzzling and intriguing. The scriptwriter, Ben Ripley, doesn't make many ceremonies to quickly explore the pretext of the repetition of the narrative, discovering the mechanisms of the pump or by placing the characters off the train. Some parallel actions, such as the gun, end up having less potential, but they don't undermine the progress of the narrative. Too bad the ending is sugar water, that need to deliver a happy ending to leave the viewer satisfied at the end, which is not always necessary. It is still an above well average film, engaging, dynamic and efficient. Expand
  93. Jun 18, 2011
    genius plot. the story of the movie was good. it was dramatic though. but it kept my attention. it was a good role for Jake. good movie.....................
  94. Jun 17, 2011
    Very inspiring idea and well executed film. It was a really interesting experience and I felt it tried to connect to Memento, although I have to admit that it doesn't come close. Yet, "Source Code" is an incredibly well done movie that anybody can enjoy.
  95. Jun 16, 2011
    I heard so many good things that I went in expecting something deeper, that was my mistake. This is a movie you could easily watch slightly drunk, cuddling up to your S.O. on the couch, occasionally talking about something completely different from what you're watching. It's not horrible, it's just very mediocre. there's no tension because there's no one to save. The ending is suppose to prove that there was someone to save but after sitting for 120 minutes believing no one is in danger, then I spent 120 minutes not being invested and a cheesy, illogical, fairy tale twist at the end doesn't change that.
    The best thing i can say about this film is that is a decent balance between action and chick flick which makes it a solid compromise to the "what should we see" conversation.
  96. Jun 15, 2011
    A damn fine sci-fi-action movie indeed! The trailers give you a sample but this is a film where the trailers actually don't do it many favours. Source Code certainly has influences from other movies and tv series but thats not a bad thing at all as this is a hugely entertaining movie. The film follows Captain Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhall) who is sent aboard a train which is carrying a bomb set to detonate however he only has 8 minutes to locate the bomb and locate the individual responsible. The beginnning draws you and gets you fully engrossed. Infact, you might wonder whats going on but once the train gets blown up the first time around you'll understand things a lot better. As the film goes on it's Groundhog Day, although a much faster and action packed, meets Minority Report/The Matrix. The film does run into some confusion in parts with the whole 8 minutes and Gyllenhalls character but it doesnt spoil or overly complicate things to the extent where your left scratching your head! A twist at the end will raise a few eyebrows based on what we witnessed throughout but ultimately this is a fabulous film. In terms of storytelling its superb stuff, Jake Gyllenhall continues to get better with every performance and combined with the frantic, action packed sequences and mystery of finding out exactly whats going on you can't go wrong with Source Code! Expand
  97. Jun 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is strange to me this film got such great reviews. I found it mostly predictable and boring. Why show us his severed body at the end of the film? Why reveal so quickly that he is dead? It was hard to relate to a dead, military soul who wanted to save hypothetical, already dead people. I kind of didn't see the point. Expand
  98. Jun 13, 2011
    I loved this movie. Jake carried the movie just fine but what I loved was that it was internally consistent. It took a premise that I didn't think could be pulled off, and they pulled it off. Wonderful
  99. Jun 10, 2011
    I have been waiting a long time for a mind bending thriller and I finally found it in Source Code. Not only is it a great physiological thriller it is also one of the better ones ever made. With quotable lines, likable characters and an amazing plot that you can really get hooked into, Source Code is the greatest first quarter release I have ever seen.

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Apr 8, 2011
    Source Code is a formally disciplined work -- a triumph of movie syntax -- made with rhythm and pace. Jones, unlike most commercial directors, accelerates the tempo without producing visual gibberish. [11 April, 2011 p. 88]
  2. Reviewed by: Una LaMarche
    Apr 6, 2011
    The psychological payoffs outweigh any implausibilities. And what's the harm in logging off your network for a few hours to indulge in some good old-fashioned science fiction?
  3. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Apr 3, 2011
    It is a tremendous downer when the second half of the movie shirks logic, defies its own established principles and raises more questions than it answers.