4.5

1. Jan 27, 2016
    It's quite ironic to see people giving this movie a 0. You want to know what's an even better movie to give a 0 in? My 0's! That's what! Please give that one a 0 instead.

"Hands-down" No, I won't put my hands down because of a stupid opinion from you people and plus... it's "Hands down!" "the worst movie I have EVER seen." Ironically, you haven't seen my latest low score.

"Hands-down"

"the worst movie I have EVER seen."

Ironically, you haven't seen my latest low score. That's beyond worse than this and it's like the second worst thing ever.

Sure, this movie is dumb.... but it's actually funny for the kids, but not for the adults.
  2. Mar 14, 2012
    I was entertained and it had some great voice performances, but it is badly animated and silly. I realized not much went on at all during the whole movie. Yet I was entertained. I give this movie 55%.
  3. Feb 12, 2011
    It's not a super clever and witty movie. It's not filled with depth. It's not what we've come to expect from our generation of movies after seeing Wall-E, Pixar's animated masterpiece. Adults will probably let out quite a bit of yawns, but it has some funny moments. And kids the target age will probably enjoy it.
  4. Sep 20, 2012
    Good, not great, not horrible, good, simple as that.
  5. Sep 20, 2012
    Decent, if not a little childish, in the sense that barney the ungodly-purple dinosaur is a little childish, but problems aside, it is a... not horrible film... if that means anything...
  6. ChadS.
    Jul 21, 2008
    While "Space Chimps" is on the ball in recognizing the language barrier between chimpanzee and human, the same attention to detail isn't applied to the primates' relations with the alien life forms. Left to our own devices, the audience can safely presume that the extra-terrestrials are yapping away in Bonobo-ese. Although the space creatures don't appear smart enough to While "Space Chimps" is on the ball in recognizing the language barrier between chimpanzee and human, the same attention to detail isn't applied to the primates' relations with the alien life forms. Left to our own devices, the audience can safely presume that the extra-terrestrials are yapping away in Bonobo-ese. Although the space creatures don't appear smart enough to build Zartog's Trump-like edifice of self-aggrandizement, let alone Stonehenge, they are superior beings who apparently possess the skills of a multi-linguist; a race of galactic Doctor Doolittles. If "Space Chimps" had more ambition, however, the space probe could have landed on the planet of the apes, not planet Teletubby, and open up more possibilities for an interesting movie. War on earth, perhaps? Chimps libre? Faced with the dilemma of being wild in a galaxy far, far away, or being a lab animal after the space "rats" outlive their usefulness, would give this safe film a little of that 'ol "Babe" pathos. The chimpanzees get melancholic, not angry, when they discover that the humans didn't trust them enough to navigate their fancy-schmancy flying contraption(it was on auto-pilot). Because "Space Chimps" is lock-stepped in its children's movie trappings, the expendable primates prove their mettle to the space program brass, like an African bobsled team showing the Olympic committee that they belong with the big boys, instead of throwing their poo(or is that just monkey behavior?) in indignant outrage. Too bad, because a barrel of militant chimpanzees would be much more fun than these stalwart astronaut wanna-bes. Give me bananas, or give me death! Expand

The animation, incidentally, is half-a--ed, like they ran out of the $292.96 budget halfway through. Rip-off indeed.
    Enjoyably slim family entertainment.
  3. While candy-colored graphics should dazzle kids, Space Chimps has little draw for audiences spoiled by the Pixar-given knowledge that CGI can entertain -- and not just stupefy -- moviegoers of any age.