2.7

1. sLm
    Sep 23, 2012
    Just 3 words: Mobile phones existed?
  2. Mar 28, 2011
    Stupid to the absolute fullest extent. I wanted Keanu Reeves in this so goddamn bad so that I could finally say that he is a terrible actor. And by the way, who the hell is going to believe this story? It's ridiculous!
  3. Jul 23, 2011
    The original was a classic, even with Keanu Reeves' wooden acting, and that's a hard act to follow. Jan De Bont had a tough bite to chew off coming up with a sequel. It's not awful but it really misses a lot of marks. Pacing, identification with minor characters, and chemistry for example really slowed the film down. Which is ironic given the title of the film. For extras it really isn't that critical that they have some acting chops, however it does matter when they are so awful they botch simple human reaction to a crisis the action realism takes a hit. Luckily for S2:CC it had Willem DaFoe to prop everything up. Otherwise I wouldn't even bother giving this movie a score. Expand
  4. Jun 15, 2014
    I love the original Speed. The quintessential Die Hard of the 90's. If it wasn't for this sequel to be made on a ship instead of a bus, there wouldn't be no Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. Instead, all you get is a horrid but douchebag actor named Robert Patric, a not-so-hotshot villlain played by William Dafoe, and an unwelcome surprise. The director comes back for more Speed...well at least he tried. Speed 2: Cruise Control is the polar opposite of bad movie sequels. Well, at least Batman & Robin was better than this one. I don't get it with a movie that blowed me away in 1994 involves a bus that's going to blow up 1000 miles sky high and 3 years later turned it into a vacation getaway into a... I don't know...something about hacking a cruise ship? At least, you probably know about the movie. This is one of the worst bombs and worst sequels of all time because there are 3 things this movie is a bumbarded waste:

1. Bad casting choices.
    2. the story is terrible, can't even stay loyal to the infamous bomb on a bus scene from the 94 version.
    3. Lack of character development, not enough hype, and a ridiculous soundtrack with only reggae music.

Sure, the film was a success at the box office, but we don't care anymore. I definitely want to see a reboot of the film anytime soon. Any director who is capable of bringing back the moments I love about the original version, it's gotta be a fair and very successful director like David Fincher. I wasn't even too happy with Roger Ebert's review of "Cruise Control," It's just painfully unwatchable.
  5. May 2, 2012
    Le premier film avait beau se montrer idiot et invraisemblable question scénario et personnages, il n'empêche qu'il restait un excellent divertissement de part son incroyable punch. Car, oui, que serait Speed sans son énergie? Et bien, cela donnerait Speed 2... Une suite bien en dessous du premier car étant moins palpitante, ce qui ressort encore plus le côté grotesque et incroyablement con de l'affaire (la trame, les personnages...). Et si ce n'était que ça... Mauvais effets spéciaux, pas de mise en scène, des acteurs pitoyables (même Willem Dafoe manque de charisme!), des dialogues immondes... Bref, Speed 2 ressemble plus à L'Aventure du Poséidon avec un terroriste à bord (en moins bon, bien entendu). Quand même sauvé par sa dernière demie-heure (enfin) énergique, ce film se montre inutile, tout comme Sandra Bullock (tout simplement énervante et ridicule!). Expand
  6. Feb 24, 2013
    Speed 2 is the dumbest, most ridiculous movie imaginable, with terrible performances, nonsensical story-lines, ridiculous parallels, and of course Jason Patric, who is as believable an action star as any WWE Superstar. Hey Geiger... If they fired you for being sick, why not just sue them instead... haven't you ever seen Philadelphia?
  7. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think it tries to be bigger and more exotic than the first but fails as a successor. Whilst I was entertained, I didn't really care about the characters and acting was pretty generic, but I liked the setting that they chose. Overall it's a decent action flick and passed 2 hours well. Keanu Reeves would be the only thing saving it, but he is replaced by another character and actor. Everything that happens is a bit outlandish and how could the same incidents almost happen to the same person. Expand
  8. chw
    Aug 22, 2014
    Speed 2 shouldn't have been made. Keanu Reeves left probably to shoot Point Break, The Matrix or something... After he left, they're were five train wrecks on the set of this movie.

Not nearly as clever at taxing the audience's knuckles as its forerunner, Speed 2 still manages to stay above board long enough to merit a look-see, if only to relish the once-in-a-lifetime pleasure of Mr. Dafoe and his pet leeches.
    Movies like this embrace goofiness with an almost sensual pleasure.
    Speed 2 can be numbered among the worst second chapters ever made.