8.6

1. Sep 16, 2013
    Combine tense, suspenseful action, a spot-on script, an immensely talented lead, a psychopathic villain, and a bomb on a bus......... and you get Speed.
  2. Sep 27, 2011
    The movie is good with great action sequences to Ooh and Aah with, but "Speed" is (in the end) a summer blockbuster you enjoy with your friends eating popcorn and drinking stuff.
  3. Mar 21, 2011
    Some outrageous moments aside (see jumping bus across the bridge) this is a damn good adventure film, with an original idea and a Hopper good enough to hold the whole film.
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    Speed kills.
    A very entertaining action film with a simple plot and little to no character development. In this case, story wasn't needed all that much as suspense was the formula for its substance.
  5. May 25, 2014
    Its been some time since i last watched this movie and even to this day i still really like the movie. I dont understand why people dont like the movie sure it may have a few plot holes and some iffy acting here and there but its nothing that serious for the most part every movie does. keanu Reeves was good but i have seen better from him and his acting wasnt as bad as people seem toIts been some time since i last watched this movie and even to this day i still really like the movie. I dont understand why people dont like the movie sure it may have a few plot holes and some iffy acting here and there but its nothing that serious for the most part every movie does. keanu Reeves was good but i have seen better from him and his acting wasnt as bad as people seem to think. I love Sandra Bullock and she did a great job in the movie i thought but to be honest i didnt think the movie needed the romance between Keanu and her. Jeff Daniels was great but it sucks that he dies in the movie Dennis Hopper as the villain was great because he is the kind of villain that you end up liking in the end. The action was decent but the most over the top thing was the bus jump that was just ridiculous.

Overall i give it a 7.0
  6. Feb 18, 2014
    Speed is by no means visionary, but it is a very well constructed, and tense action film. It's entertaining pretty much the whole way through, which really isn't as common an aspect with action movies as you'd think it would be. The film was more exciting and had more surprises than I expected it would, so I'm giving it a high recommendation for anyone looking for a well oiled thrillSpeed is by no means visionary, but it is a very well constructed, and tense action film. It's entertaining pretty much the whole way through, which really isn't as common an aspect with action movies as you'd think it would be. The film was more exciting and had more surprises than I expected it would, so I'm giving it a high recommendation for anyone looking for a well oiled thrill ride. There is one problem however that I couldn't ignore. Keanu Reeves gives a wooden and extremely unconvincing performance. I'd expect that from him, but he's still shockingly un-nuanced in his role here. He was way better in the Matrix. Other than that, Speed is a fast paced and extremely fun movie. Expand
  7. Jan 20, 2015
    Speed 1994 é uma obra-prima super original,Jan De Bont escreve e dirige essa obra-prima de ação.
    Keanu Reeves está incrível,Dennis Hopper é assustadoramente incrível,Sandra Bullock é fenomenal e gostosa e sexy. Cenas impressionantes sequências de ação devastadora.
  8. Jul 28, 2014
    Although Keanu Reeves showed us 3 years before this that he can portray an "action hero" in Point Break, i think that "Speed" showed us his adult grown up style of acting in this flick. This film is a very entertaining ride and Sandra Bullock steals the show i every scene she' s in with her comedic presence. The late Denis Hopper and Jeff Daniels also give a great perfromances
  9. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, I would give this movie a 9.5 out of 10. Acting was great. Kea eu reeves did a really good job. Score is intense. Adds to the intensity. Story is great. In the bus scenes seeing the action, mayhem, intensity happening it's just great. Overall, this is an amazing action film that you should see. It'll keep you on the edge of your seat. Highly recomended.
  10. Jul 11, 2014
    Speed is one of the most underrated thrillers ever. Reeves, Hopper, Bullock and Daniels give brilliant
    performances. There is also enough pumping suspense for any film buff. Every second of the movie
    is classic and intriguing, A+.
  11. Nov 9, 2014
    This could be the most overrated film I have ever seen. People make it out to be a classic, personally I don't see it. That is not to say it's a bad film, because it isn't bad, it's just not very good. There is little to no tension in most of the scenes, and I was really excited going into to this, having read the rave reviews, but I was disappointed.
  12. Nov 11, 2014
    Great performances from Sandra Bullock and Dennis Hopper. Some things were unrealistic but that is a typical thing for an action movie like this one. Also, at the time the story was very original. A must see for action movie fans.
  13. Oct 29, 2014
    Speed is best action thriller since Die Hard. It has elements that need actual action sequence, the tension is on the peak. There is no scene extra scene for the purpose of extra action. It's intense, perfect and cool.
  14. Apr 17, 2012
    Possibly one of the best movies ever, and im a tough grader when it comes to movies and tv shows. There is añways something happening it has everything action,romance, adventure, even a little comical every now and then.
  15. [anonymous]
    May 29, 2006
    This movie gets down to business right away. After the first disarnament, it's a non-stop battle to keep the bus at speed, and the thrills never stop until Dennis Hopper finally bites the dust.
  16. JamesH
    Oct 19, 2006
    Great film, love watching it. Just a well made movie.
  17. TonyR.
    Feb 24, 2006
    the best of the "speed" movies. Sandra Bullock was hot and so was Keanu Reeves' acting.
  18. Aug 15, 2011
    I think this movie is excellent!! Thiis movie is a movie full of sense of oppressinons.
    Keanu Reeves is very cool above all.I think that is the best movie in the ''Speed'' series.

In a film like this, timing is everything, and everyone from the stunt coordinators to the crew-at-large seems to have gotten it right the first time.
    We've seen this done before, but seldom so well, or at such a high pitch of energy.
    It's an ingenious premise that first-time director Jan De Bont has turned into a tremendously well-executed motion picture.