7.3

1. Dec 25, 2011
    A masterpiece. Redford's performance was outstanding. Redford showed that how strong the nerves can be of a person who is in espionage. Awesome realistic performance from Redford and Pitt supported him well.
  2. MichaelP.
    Jul 10, 2004
    This is a CIA sort of movie that you will either love or hate. Very smartly done, the only thing worng is that the flash backs go for too long. Otherwise, brillant movie!
  3. AsteriskV.
    Sep 3, 2002
    Extremely exciting, and excellent conclusion.
  4. LeeEdwardM.
    Nov 30, 2002
    The smartest, most poignant espionage film in at least the last couple of years. Both charming and informal, and far less glitzy or glamourous than either the naysaying pundits or the punters seem to think. This movie reminded me of every truly gripping and gritty 'international incident' film I have ever seen, in that all of the field scenarios were very grave and miserable, The smartest, most poignant espionage film in at least the last couple of years. Both charming and informal, and far less glitzy or glamourous than either the naysaying pundits or the punters seem to think. This movie reminded me of every truly gripping and gritty 'international incident' film I have ever seen, in that all of the field scenarios were very grave and miserable, and the heroes were neither perfect nor pathetic. As for the supposedly confusing and/or boring story... huh? Which movie were you watching? This was a character study written on the world stage, but without the fate of the world hanging in the balance. If anything, I would think that was a refreshing change of pace. It was about as confusing and dull as a classic episode of MASH. I'm genuinely offended. I've seen several modern espionage thrillers in the last litle while, and I am satisfied that this is the most savvy and powerful of the bunch. I'll not be starting up a fansite or anything of that nature, but nonetheless, I truly believe that even the cream of the current crop take a back seat to this movie. Expand
  5. BangkokDave
    Jul 23, 2002
    Excellent. Intelligent writing, compelling cinematography. Robert Redford at his best.
  6. LanceE.
    Aug 28, 2002
    Slick action, great cinematography, and more realism in a spy movie in a long time.
  7. RC
    Oct 15, 2004
    How can anyone say this film is boring. It's fantastic from beginning to end - gripping, brilliantly acted and intelligent. See it straightaway.
  8. JasonN.
    Jul 13, 2004
    I thought the overall atmosphere that the movie emits was quite astonishing. Pitt fits his role perfrectly, as does Redford. Fairly well-organised plot to back it up as well. Lastly, I thought the character development of Brad Pitt (Tom Bishop) over the course of the movie was nothing short of brilliant.

1. It's well-plotted, acted with a charismatic flair and right on the zeitgeist.
  2. Fans of swooping helicopter shots, alleys filled with backlit geysers of steam, and jump-cut editing that makes MTV look like Ingmar Bergman will relish the intercontinental intrigue and huggermugger that is Spy Game.
  3. The script provides an excellent payoff, although action fans may not agree, because that payoff is the equivalent of a Cheshire cat's grin.