7.4

1. Aug 6, 2016
    Revenge of the sith is the best of the prequels by far. It has a darker tone than the previous films showing how anakin turned to the dark side but in quite a rushed way. It has an OK story and good cgi although it has some bad dialog.
  2. Aug 4, 2016
    By far the best of the prequel trilogy, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith does a great job answering the questions people had about the original trilogy while providing action, drama, emotion, and the best lightsaber duels of the saga.
  3. Jul 20, 2016
    A great improvement over the first two of the trilogy. It contains a more intriguing story, overall better performances, lots of great action, and good special effects. While it still doesn't reach the same level of polish as the original trilogy, it still has a lot of great stuff to offer.
  4. Jul 8, 2016
    The best Star Wars film, it's truth that there is a little romance and before film was horrible but learn theirs mistakes, appear new amazing characters how the Grevous general. If you are fan Star wars, you will see this film
  5. Jul 1, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. RotS is a definite improvement over the first two prequels (well, it couldn't be as bad as the epically awful AotC), but it is still a monumental disappointment.
    The plot revolves around the finale of the Clone Wars, the destruction of the Jedi Order, Anakin Skywalker's reluctant embracing of the Dark Side of The Force, Obi-Wan and Yoda's forced exile, and the 'birth' of Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa.

The film ties up the relevant plot points adequately but, as a movie, it's just so incredibly lazily directed and ineptly written..... Throw in some (now expected) terrible acting, enough CGI to make you wonder why they bothered hiring any real actors at all, and it all comes together into a well organised mess.

There are some good points.... But not many. Some of the actors in the film (notably Ewan McGregor, as Obi-Wan, and Natalie Portman, as Senator Amidala) are trying to rise above the unbelievably bad script, but are simply unable to. As I mentioned in my review for AotC it's almost as if George Lucas can't imagine any actor in his film(s) being able to express the emotions of their character, so he has to actually have them say what emotional state they're in. And it's so patronising as to be borderline offensive.
    Other bad things? Well, Hayden Christensen drags the movie down even more than he did in AotC, mainly because the central crux of the narrative (his 'turning' to the Dark Side) just becomes unintentionally hilarious. He isn't helped by very strange performance by Ian McDiarmid (as Palpatine/Darth Sideous) who turns the evil Sith Lord mastermind into an almost camp parody, with his vocal inflections and over the top mannerisms.
    Both Christopher Lee and Sam L. Jackson are both wasted, and the less said about the terrible CGI Yoda the better.

Is there anything good? Not really.... The long awaited reveal of Darth Sideous is quite frankly lame, leading up to the duel between him and Mace Windu which is also very badly put together.
    Anakin's turn to the Dark Side is cemented with his revelation 'What have I done?'... A line delivered much better (and with a lot more class and conviction) by the 'original Obi-Wan actor Alec Guinness in Bridge on the River Kwai... And even the destruction of the Jedi, the real emotional set-piece of the movie is terrible... Jesus... Having some cute, chubby kid deliver the line 'Master Skywalker, there are too many of them' before we see Anakin's 'evil' yellow eyes (which makes no sense by the way), and the inference of Anakin killing all the 'Younglings', is just ineptly done....

I could simply go on, but I won't.

The bottom line is that this film is awful but, because it's rounding off several story arcs, it has to include some narrative plot points (and some action scenes) that make it better (if that's a compliment) than the first two prequels....
  6. Jun 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just re-watched this the other day with some of my buds who are also big Star Wars fanatics. In my opinion, although the movie is shot very well and by far looks the most appealing to the eye (save when they reversed Anakin), it can be a bit much at times at can appear quite unrealistic. (Kind of looks like a video game when Anakin and Obi-Wan are dueling on the lava planet). Also, at times, the dialogue is pretty dry and seems to attempt at forcing a point across or set up a following scene rather than emotionally developing characters/including the dry wit of the original trilogy. This movie happens to be the most outstanding of a quite disappointing trilogy, and aside from all of its faults, actually contains some of the best lightsaber fights of any Star Wars movies, so something is to be said for that. In its favor, Return of the Jedi explains some much-needed missing pieces to the Star Wars series (Anakin becoming Darth Vader, etc.), so in that sense, this movie is needed. To conclude, did it really have to be 2 and a half hours long? Expand
  7. Jun 5, 2016
    From all the prequel this has to be the best one. The story and the action are really great and their is a lot of fighting in it which is quite good. The last scene was really great and to see how the transition of Darth Vader.
  8. May 31, 2016
    I don't give a **** what the prequel haters say, and I hated the first two, but this one works so well. It has great action, great story and is exciting. Finally, this movie feels like a part of the Star Wars saga, the same can not be said for Episodes 1 and 2.
  9. May 31, 2016
    Considered to be the best of the Prequel Trilogy, Revenge of the Sith is still smothered in political talk, but with compelling action and a predictable, but overall nice ending, the film turned out to be a good send off to the spin-off of the epic saga.
  10. May 20, 2016
    Star Wars: Episode III was a good movie , and for me one of the most intriguing , but the fact the scenes are negative , the only thing good is the fight Anakin vs. Obi Wan , and Noooo ! Anakin ... Oops ! best Darth Vader, that has killed Padme beautiful Poor thing !. And if I disagree very much with the role of Hayden Christansen , for me it was not born to play the role of Jedi , hisStar Wars: Episode III was a good movie , and for me one of the most intriguing , but the fact the scenes are negative , the only thing good is the fight Anakin vs. Obi Wan , and Noooo ! Anakin ... Oops ! best Darth Vader, that has killed Padme beautiful Poor thing !. And if I disagree very much with the role of Hayden Christansen , for me it was not born to play the role of Jedi , his role as Anakin left me unhappy , but the rest very good movie. Expand
  11. May 17, 2016
    The CGI was sort of a mix for me. I liked the design for some areas but at others, I felt it was too much, Where it was obvious that it was a total green screen shot. The action scenes were very well done as well. My biggest issue is the acting. It's so laughably bad, I really do not feel that the cast took this film serious because of how awful the dialogue was written. And that reallyThe CGI was sort of a mix for me. I liked the design for some areas but at others, I felt it was too much, Where it was obvious that it was a total green screen shot. The action scenes were very well done as well. My biggest issue is the acting. It's so laughably bad, I really do not feel that the cast took this film serious because of how awful the dialogue was written. And that really brings the film down. Expand
  12. May 4, 2016
    It gave me cancer ;( It gave me cancer ;( It gave me cancer ;( It gave me cancer ;( It gave me cancer ;( It gave me cancer ;( It gave me cancer ;( It gave me cancer ;(
  13. Apr 17, 2016
    Are you kidding me? This movie was absolute garbage, how do so many people like it? Pros: A little bit of OT stuff at the end, Not as bad as the first 2 prequels. Cons: Acting, script, writing, plot, story, characters, action, the fanboys who praise this stupid """""""""""""""""""""""""""movie""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""".
  14. Apr 7, 2016
    Lucas saves the best for last in a film that is not only head and shoulders above the other two prequel films but also, dare I say it, a better movie experience than both "Return of the Jedi" and "The Force Awakens".
  15. Apr 6, 2016
    Revenge of the sith took the inevitable story and made it heart wrenchingly sad. By far not a flawless film, but not an insult to the standard of the original trilogy. Although reliant on special effects, the characters emotional journeys and the performance of the actors really bring the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker to life. A film that does justice to just how sad it ought to be.
  16. Apr 3, 2016
    'Star Wars': Darth Lite.

The defining moment in George Lucas's entire "Star Wars" canon occurs in 1980's "The Empire Strikes Back," when Darth Vader slices off Luke Skywalker's right hand and tells him he's Luke's father. All that Luke has trained for -- to be the chosen Jedi knight who defeats the Dark Lord of the Sith -- comes crashing down around his ears. As that revelation rings
    'Star Wars': Darth Lite.

As that revelation rings through your mind, you mentally backtrack through everything you've seen up to that point. Could it be true? The sinking feeling is confirmed: True indeed.

That's what all these "Star Wars" prequels -- 1999's "The Phantom Menace," 2002's "Attack of the Clones" and now "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" -- have been about: how everything got to this powerful, almost atavistic face-off.

Now that "Revenge" officially brings these galactic chronicles to a close -- 28 years after the first "Star Wars" film -- the Darth-Luke climax remains the best scene of them all. And even though "Revenge" is a better experience than "Phantom Menace" or "Attack of the Clones," it doesn't add anything that satisfying or compelling to the big picture. If anything, it takes things away. How could Hayden Christensen, a pouty-lipped twenty-something you'd expect to see handing you a tall decaf latte over the counter, be Darth Vader? And even if he was a good casting choice, how could any scene eclipse what we have already seen? "Revenge" was supposed to be the one that really socked it to us, about Anakin's almost biblical fall from grace. But the movie never rises to its powerful occasion.

In "Revenge," Jedi knights Anakin Skywalker (Christensen) and Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) have been fighting side by side in the Clone Wars. But their teamwork isn't perfect. Anakin tends to make rash decisions that give Obi-Wan pause.

Obi-Wan's concern proves prescient. Anakin isn't going with the selfless-warrior program. He gets in a gaunt-cheeked tizzy because the inner circle of Jedi knights, including Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson) and Yoda, aren't bringing him up through the ranks fast enough.

So he agrees to join forces with the hissable Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (who's really Darth Sidious in not-so-subtle disguise), with the opportunism of a Harvard brat shopping for the best law firm. He listens with ambitious ears when Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid) -- already feuding with the Jedi council over his increasingly tyrannical nature -- invites him to be his personal assistant.

It becomes clear that Anakin must choose between the selfless Jedi code, by which he has been raised, and Palpatine's invitation to dark power. Anakin hides this inner conflict, which affects his relationship with Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman), whom he has married in secret and who is pregnant. He is breaking away from her, and the good side. You know this because he avoids eye contact and conversation with his wife, wears a hood and glares a lot.

In terms of eye-candy action fare, "Revenge" has its battling high points. There's an exciting Obi-Wan clash with the skull-faced General Grievous, a separatist military leader, for instance. And the light saber mano a mano between Obi-Wan and Anakin, as they try not to be swallowed by a volcanic river underneath them, makes a thrilling fight.

But the movie's characters -- as they are written, as they are cast and as they are performed -- detract from the movie's high purpose. As Anakin/Darth, Christensen is simply not compelling. Dark prince of the universe? Those Jedi knights ought to take him over their collective knees and spank him with light saber paddles until he gets over himself.

As Amidala, Portman can't be faulted for a good college try. But she's too often reduced to a sobbing spectacle, as she whimpers and wah-wahs over her husband's moral disintegration. The story only gives her lip-service empowerment, as she struggles to get him back. (Perhaps this is to make sure Christensen doesn't get overshadowed.) McGregor makes a likable Obi-Wan, but with that silly posh accent he's forced to affect, he's a Wan imitator of his predecessor (or narratively speaking, his later self), Sir Alec Guinness. Gravitas was always going to be a tough thing to pull off for these three principals, who are essentially kiddie pawns in Lucas's giant, computer-generated chess game. But if there was a chance to break out, none has grabbed that light saber.

Of course, your humble reviewer does not assume to tell the jillions of devoted "Star Wars" fans they can't enjoy this movie on their own terms. But if they're waiting for the second coming, in his opinion, it happened in 1980. By creating one of the greatest villains of the screen, George Lucas simply couldn't deconstruct Darth Vader's awesome mystique.
  17. Mar 26, 2016
    Revenge Of The Sith is a good film unlike its predecessors it has characters that feel as if they are human and the tragedy that befalls them is truly enthralling, the action in this film is some of the best of the series with some truly epic set pieces and choreography, the movie does improve upon the dialogue from the previous two films but still has its moments of awkwardness in theRevenge Of The Sith is a good film unlike its predecessors it has characters that feel as if they are human and the tragedy that befalls them is truly enthralling, the action in this film is some of the best of the series with some truly epic set pieces and choreography, the movie does improve upon the dialogue from the previous two films but still has its moments of awkwardness in the writing and delivery of such dialogue and for the most part The Emperor's plan to overthrow the Jedi is littered with a multitude of illogical decisions and plot holes. Expand
  18. Mar 21, 2016
    Great conclusion to the prequel saga! It has improved on everything from the previous two films. It has the best Star Wars action to date, best visuals if you don't care about CGI and the best story. You see the villain at work as he succeeds with his master plans. The cast did an excellent job and the music score is fantastic. It connects perfectly with the originals. The romance dialogueGreat conclusion to the prequel saga! It has improved on everything from the previous two films. It has the best Star Wars action to date, best visuals if you don't care about CGI and the best story. You see the villain at work as he succeeds with his master plans. The cast did an excellent job and the music score is fantastic. It connects perfectly with the originals. The romance dialogue at times is awkward but there is hardly any relationship that is not a little awkward at times. Expand
  19. Mar 17, 2016
    GOOD
    Certainly the best star wars prequel trilogy.
    I think this film was a good and epic finale and a great apologize for the two films the came before.
  20. Mar 12, 2016
    The film shows how does Star Wars IV V and VI starts. At least, that puts the audience on the edge of the sit (like me!), and George Lucas did it! Maybe the best Star Wars yet is here!!!
  21. Mar 10, 2016
    George Lucas caps off the prequel trilogy with a stunning finale. One brimming with spectacle, excitement, and emotion. Even now in 2016 this is still a phenomenal looking movie. It blows away just about every modern movie in the special effects department. The world of Star Wars has never looked more alive.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, George Lucas can craft an action scene

I've said it once and I'll say it again, George Lucas can craft an action scene like no other. The fights here are probably his best work. They're intense, powerful, and incredible to behold. Whether it's an all out war or a more personal one-on-one duel, Lucas delivers on all fronts. The action is a sight to behold.

So how's that writing? For starters Lucas gives the "romantic" dialog from Attack of the Clones a lot of much needed improvement. There's no cringe worthy dialog shared between Anakin and Padme here (some goofier lines are present, but incredibly rare). Not only that, but the politics so many hated listening too in the previous two movies of the prequel trilogy have once again been mercifully toned down. Without going into too much detail let me just say that everything that needed to be done to tie up the trilogy before moving into A New Hope has been handled masterfully.

This is an emotional, powerful ending that gives more depth to the original Star Wars films in ways I won't dare spoil. On top of all that, the movie is just really darn funny. The chemistry between McGregor (Obi-Wan) and Christensen (Anakin) is great. The relationship between the two characters is expanded upon and they have tons of dialog together that really only two close individuals could have. I leads to quite a few laughs. That's not to say those two are the only sources of humor. Lucas has provided many amusing moments throughout the course of the film. At least until it's time for things to get serious.

Diving a little bit deeper into Christensen's role as Anakin, I can thankfully say that actor has upped his game. Gone is the wooden, awkward performance from Episode II. He gives a respectable performance here and really does the character justice. Part of that is also due to improved writing for the character. The same can be said for the rest of the cast as well.

It's an exciting, emotion, dark, and enchanting close to the prequel trilogy. Lucas pulled out all of the stops to deliver a finale that could please even the most devoted prequel hater. Everything is wrapped up and we get the conclusion we deserve. Only a few minor quibbles here and there keep it from reaching perfection. I was amazed all the way though.

9.9/10
  22. Mar 4, 2016
    Revenge Of the Sith is a decent movie that has cool moments, decent acting, and awesome battle scenes. It also helps set up the events in the Original Trilogy.
  23. Feb 21, 2016
    Ups and downs. The movie is certainly the best of the 3 prequels, but it still has problems. I loved the path that led Anakin to the dark side, very well written and Christensen is very good. But on the other hand, some of the climax scenes lack pathos: Obi Wan's reaction to Anakin killing the children, or Padme's reaction to Obi Wan's report about Anakin's actions, for instance. The finalUps and downs. The movie is certainly the best of the 3 prequels, but it still has problems. I loved the path that led Anakin to the dark side, very well written and Christensen is very good. But on the other hand, some of the climax scenes lack pathos: Obi Wan's reaction to Anakin killing the children, or Padme's reaction to Obi Wan's report about Anakin's actions, for instance. The final battle between Obi Wan and Anakin is more a show off of abilities than a fight for survival and the sake of the galaxy (in their different point of view) and, again, it suffers a lack of pathos.
    The action scenes are spectacular and enjoyable but just a moment after people are always too well combed, clean and fresh (dirty ripped clothes, dirty sweaty face, some scratches and blood here and there could help give the idea of what they've just been through). The final scene where Anakin is rescued by Palpatine and bionic legs are put on him BEFORE curing and even washing his burned skin (or even remove his burned clothes!!!) is simply ridiculous. Padme's death totally lacks pathos, again, and remains a mistery. Furthermore, she has just given birth to two children, isn't this enough reason to live? Has she been killed by Palpatine? If so, it's not clear.
    Last but not least, what about an echography? The story is set in a hyper-technological world and she had to wait to childbirth to discover she was carrying two babies.
    Jedi are definitely out of touch with the real world, too busy keeping the order and balance in the galaxy I guess, ok, but in the end, when Obi Wan asks Padme if the baby is Anakin's I laughed. Padme's been living with Anakin for at least 3 years and I bet Threepio is innocent.
  24. Feb 1, 2016
    Episódio III é a salvação do prequel da saga. O filme é realmente bom, pois mostra partes importante para a compreensão de toda a história, que é o nascimento de Darth Vader. O roteiro e o enredo realmente melhoraram em comparação aos episódios I e II.
  25. Jan 31, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So first off the action was great, this is definately the film with the most action, the storyline was interesting as you saw Anakin turn to the dark side and the plot was original.

However the character development, acting and special effects were not great. You didn't really care about any of the characters, like when Obi-Wan fights Anakin at the end you don't really care, because you haven't seen them together much. The death of Mace Windu was cool though, basically Anakin chopped off his hand and electrocuted by the emperor then falling for thousands of miles. You especially don't care when characters like Kit Fisto, Plo Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi die, because they sit in a room say nothing and do nothing.

Some of the lines in this film are acted so badly thaat they are just laughable, alot of the actors aren't that bad, the only actor that's that bad is Hayden Christiensen as Anakin. All of his lines are acted so badly that you just laugh at them. He has lines like "You underestimate my power!" and "If your not with me, then your my enemy!" and "What about the other Jedi spread across the galaxy?".

The worst thing about this film is the special effects. This is supposed to be 2005 and then the effects looked better in 1977. Come on people! The whole film is just special effects and nothing looks physical, but the worst thing is they look terrible.

Overall this was a good film, so it deserves 7/10. Despite the problems that I mentioned it wasn't bad and is definately better than TPM and AOTC, at least it wasn't as boring as them, as it had 5 lightsaber duels. If they would have fixed the special effects, character development and bad acting this film would have been awesome and got a 9/10 from me.
  26. Jan 29, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. esta es una de las mejores peliculas de star wars, la batalla de anakin contra obi wan, la escena donde palpatine y anakin ven como se construye la estrella de la muerte, etc... Expand
  27. Jan 27, 2016
    Revenge of the sith is clearly the best movie in the prequel trilogy. People hate thanks too the other films, but I think it is extremely underrated because of that. It has everything a star wars film needs, epic lightsaber battles, good stories. Sadly, the film still included politics, but they aren't as boring as they have been in other films. I like the Darth Vader origin story but IRevenge of the sith is clearly the best movie in the prequel trilogy. People hate thanks too the other films, but I think it is extremely underrated because of that. It has everything a star wars film needs, epic lightsaber battles, good stories. Sadly, the film still included politics, but they aren't as boring as they have been in other films. I like the Darth Vader origin story but I don't like the emperors. He got rebounded lightning into his face. Eh. Despite the occasional problem, the revenge of the sith is a good addition to the star wars movies. Expand
  28. Jan 23, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is no doubt the best prequel in the trilogy compared to its two predecessors, especially when (SPOILER ALERT) Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader. Also, it seems Episode III has the best lightsaber battles particularly Yoda VS Darth Sidious and Obi-Wan Kenobi VS Anakin Skywalker. Expand
  29. Jan 22, 2016
    General Grievious? Great character, but why didnt he kill Obi-Wan when he got the chance? BOO, bad directing! Order 66? Great music, great scene, perfect. Mustafar battle? Great. Beatifull. Awesome. Ending? I think I have ran out of words to use here... masterfull? Not so much forced love stories? Awesome. Music? Spot on. Even Force Awakens lacks the great rememberable music.

Overall:

Overall: Great movie, go see it. Righ now!
  30. Jan 12, 2016
    My third favorite Star Wars film after V and IV, this movie is a huge improvement over I and II. The story is intriguing, emotionally resonant and linked with the original trilogy, the dialogue is much better, Hayden's bland and emotionless acting works as he turns in Vader and for once you feel involved and that the stakes are high. The SFX are also improved and still look decent today. AMy third favorite Star Wars film after V and IV, this movie is a huge improvement over I and II. The story is intriguing, emotionally resonant and linked with the original trilogy, the dialogue is much better, Hayden's bland and emotionless acting works as he turns in Vader and for once you feel involved and that the stakes are high. The SFX are also improved and still look decent today. A surprisingly more than satisfying ending for the prequels trilogy. Expand
  31. Jan 11, 2016
    The once horrendous 'Star Wars' prequels come to a surprisingly satisfying end.

The once horrendous 'Star Wars' prequels come to a surprisingly satisfying end.

'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith' is the third installment of the prequels and we finally get to see the dark and troubled Aankin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) become the legendary Darth Vader (voiced by James Earl Jones reprising his role). The movie begins with a space battle between the Galactic Republic and the Separatists. The action here is very well done, both Anakin and his mentor Obi Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) with dazzling colors and fast-paced choreography.

Their mission is to save Chancellor Palpatine from the commander, General Grievous. Anakin manages to take down Count Dooku (Christopher Lee) and they all return safely. The one issue I have with this scene is that Anakin takes down Dooku with very little struggle, their battle lasts for roughly 5 minutes. Perhaps it's to do with the fact that Dooku is old, (Christopher Lee was hitting his 80s at the time anyway).

Anakin receives news from his lover Padme (Natalie Portman) that she is pregnant, he tries not to let it affect him, but he keeps getting nightmares that she might die at childbirth. Meanwhile, Palpatine wants Anakin to join the Jedi Council as his representative, but is turned down, and Obi Wan orders Anakin to spy on the Chancellor.

Palpatine tells the vulnerable Anakin all about the dark side and how he would be able to "cheat death", Anakin then informs Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson) about it and he fights with Palpatine, but Anakin then gives in to Palpatine's tricks.

One of the most exciting battle sequences involve Obi Wan fighting General Grievous which involves Grievous whipping out four lightsabers and the choreography is one of the best I've seen. Another great scene involves Obi Wan fighting Anakin with lava surrounding the two of them, and their relationship is put to the test as Anakin is seduced to the dark side.

The movie's strengths is mainly found within the opening sequence and towards the third act, the middle act does stretch on for longer than it should do as it is mainly dialogue-ridden and just...well plain boring at times. The third act does contain some great acting as the young actors (mainly Christensen) start to show more emotion, Christensen does frown a lot throughout this movie, we very rarely see him smile or showcase more emotions.

The dialogue is still as crummy as ever, but the actors have finally found a way to make it work, but the movie's strengths are found mainly within the battle sequences. Not only is this the best of the prequels, but if you can skim over the stiff acting, and the long middle act, it is a much better "Star Wars" movie than most will give it credit for.

'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith' gets a solid 8/10...
  32. Jan 10, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Easily my favorite Star Wars in the series. The amount of emotion you have in this movie between Anakin and Obi Wan, and the ramifications of every action is felt the whole way through. This movie blends together great lightsaber fighting, a good story, and amazing characters. To think of how powerful Vader would have been had he not lost the duel to Obi Wan, alone is enough to make this movie a 10/10.

If you like action, swordplay, or just all around good space opera, this is the movie for you.
  33. Jan 7, 2016
    Much better than Attack of the Clones and the Phantom Menace combined. Although Christensen still bother giving out problems with the movie, there's enough dark moments hidden in the movie waiting for you.

Other than the movie, there's the complete score that made the movie much better and without it, it would affect the score.
  34. Jan 7, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. star wars revenge of the sith is the of the prequel that is watchible. I don't understand all the hate for this film. Maybe it is because of the Phantom menace and attack of the clones being so bad. I do admit it has some awkward moments in the acting, but I can forgive that as it has very few. The best thing about this film is the lightsaber fights, and they are epic. Plus it also gives us the birth of darth vader, and luke and leia. Its has been said to kinda have an emotional black hole, but that is not true as Anakin turning to the dark side made obi-wan very sad, yoda falls to the ground as he senses all of the jedi dying. I also love how Jar Jar is only in one scene of the movie, and has doesn't speak a word, which is the second best part because I hate Jar Jar. I think this is a great movie and i think it's getting too much hate by some fans. Expand
  35. Jan 5, 2016
    Drink the Kool-Aid. Wear blinders. Cover your ears. Because that's the only way you can totally enjoy Revenge of the Sith — the final and most futile attempt from skilled producer, clumsy director and tin-eared writer George Lucas to create a prequel trilogy to match the myth-making spirit of the original Wars saga he unleashed twenty-eight years ago. Fan boys, of course, have convincedDrink the Kool-Aid. Wear blinders. Cover your ears. Because that's the only way you can totally enjoy Revenge of the Sith — the final and most futile attempt from skilled producer, clumsy director and tin-eared writer George Lucas to create a prequel trilogy to match the myth-making spirit of the original Wars saga he unleashed twenty-eight years ago. Fan boys, of course, have convinced themselves otherwise. So have several critics, if you go by early reviews.

Heralded for its savagery (my God, it's rated PG-13), the film follows Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen — to merely call him wooden is an affront to puppets everywhere) as he loses his limbs and his conscience and takes on the evil mantle of Darth Vader. But thematic darkness is no excuse for dimness in all other departments, except the visual.

In this heretic's opinion, Sith is a stiff, brought down by that special knack Lucas has of turning flesh-and-blood actors into cardboard cutouts. To hear Anakin and his pregnant wife, Senator Padme (the vivacious Natalie Portman rendered vacant), discuss their marriage — a secret that could get Anakin defrocked as a Jedi — is to redefine stilted for a new millennium. The minute any character — human or droid — opens a mouth to speak, your eyes glaze over.

I kept thinking how much better Sith would play as a silent film, with only Chewbacca allowed to do his Wookiee growl and John Williams to trumpet his recycled score.nd yet, Revenge of the Sith is the movie that will do more business (my guess is $400 million-plus), sell more popcorn and brainwash more audiences than any blockbuster this summer. There are reasons: Sith is the last time Lucas will ever skywalk with the Skywalkers on the big screen (talk persists of a TV spinoff). There is enormous goodwill built up by the original series Lucas began in 1977 with Wars: A New Hope, continued in 1980 with The Empire Strikes Back and ended in 1983 with Return of the Jedi. All three of those movies belong in my personal time capsule, despite the Ewok blight on the last one. That's why you, me and everyone we know lined up for 1999's juvenile The Phantom Menace and 2002's atrocious Attack of the Clones. We watched with stifled yawns as Anakin grew from a snot-nosed kid (Jake Lloyd) to a whiny teen lover boy and wanna-be Jedi (Christensen). We justified the thudding lifelessness (a pox on those Jedi councils) by praising Lucas' digital artistry and nurturing the hope that Revenge of the Sith would spin our heads around with the dark magic of Darth Vader.

Not even close. Until the last half-hour, when Lucas actually does establish a emotional connection between the landmark he created in 1977 and the prequel investment portfolio he laid out in 1999, the movie is one spectacularly designed letdown after another. Chief culprit? The script. Even with a reported polish by — say it isn't so — British playwright Tom Stoppard, the words are leaden, faux literate, mock-Shakespearean and devoid of humor. The late critic Pauline Kael once dismissed Wars as "an epic without a dream." I disagree. Lucas' dream is a grand one: to build a mythic futuristic fantasy out of the influences of his youth — the Bible, the Bard, H.G. Wells, Jack London, John Ford westerns, Flash Gordon serials and long afternoons at the movies. If only for the original Wars, Lucas deserves a place in film history. He transformed pop culture into Pop Art.ucas' major error was believing he could do it all alone. With Empire — now officially the best of the Wars six — Lucas had the invaluable help of screenwriters Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders of the Lost Ark) and Leigh Brackett (The Big Sleep), and director Irvin Kershner, who knew how to loosen up actors. For those who wrongly criticized Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford back when, all I can say is, look and weep.

As for the good stuff, none of it involves human speech. There's Obi-Wan taking on the droid general, Grievous, whose metal arms can swing four light-sabers. There's the massacre of the Jedi when Palpatine calls for Order 66. There's Palpatine taking on Yoda (again voiced by Frank Oz), whom he contemptuously calls my "little green friend."

ucas almost pulls the plot out of the fire in the film's final section, showing Obi-Wan hacking away at Anakin with his light-saber on the lava planet of Mustafar. Lucas even drops a hint that Anakin thinks Padme and Obi-Wan may have been getting it on. As we watch Anakin nearly melt in the lava, only to be put together, Frankenstein style, in a lab while Lucas intercuts scenes of Padme giving birth to the twins Luke and Leia, a link to genuine feeling is established at last. t's too little and too late. To hail Revenge of the Sith as a satisfying bridge to a classic is not just playing a game of the Emperor's New Clothes, it's an insult to what the original accomplished. To paraphrase Padme: This is how truth dies — to thunderous applause.
  36. Jan 5, 2016
    WHAT I LIKED: Lucas knows what he wants here - 'Revenge of the Sith' has much more direction thanks to a plot that ties everything up really well. It's also very dark, thanks to some exciting characterisation and the music that adds so much to this film. 'Revenge of the Sith' is probably the best it could have been considering what it was left to work with, saved by (mostly) great acting,WHAT I LIKED: Lucas knows what he wants here - 'Revenge of the Sith' has much more direction thanks to a plot that ties everything up really well. It's also very dark, thanks to some exciting characterisation and the music that adds so much to this film. 'Revenge of the Sith' is probably the best it could have been considering what it was left to work with, saved by (mostly) great acting, amazing action scenes, and the whole last 40 minutes which are just spine-tingling in comparison to anything in the other prequels
    WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It's still bogged down by petty politics and average writing. And like all the prequels it still suffers from being pretty dragged out too
    VERDICT: A memorable and moving Star Wars prequel finally worthy of a place in the trilogy.
  37. Jan 3, 2016
    Unlike the first two films of this trilogy, Revenge of the Sith is a decent film, but is galaxies away from touching any of the original films. Still, the characters are more authentic, the dialogue is improved, and the last battle between Anakin and Kenobi was a thrill.
  38. Jan 1, 2016
    Am much as there is hate for the prequels - I have to give massive props for the Director/Producers for nicely tying the prequels and original trilogy together. There are obviously a few scenes that were not necessary but it wasn't overly tacky.

- Anakin killing ..."younglings?...." - Yoda vs. Palpatine/Emperor light saber duel. I can't think of Yoda as being a duelist, he's more a

- Anakin killing ..."younglings?...."
    - Yoda vs. Palpatine/Emperor light saber duel. I can't think of Yoda as being a duelist, he's more a force master - no?
  39. Jan 1, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. Just wow. I didn't expect to be so blown away by this episode after I watcher the two first episode which seemed lackluster. This is how you should make Star Wars. Epic, engaging, surprising, dark- Star Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith is a masterpiece and definitely a gigantic improvement over it's predecessors. Anakin is not annoying anymore, he has cool lines, the actor plays him well. Actually, these aspects are improved for all the characters of this movie. They're not as bland anymore. Watching Anakin going to the dark side was dramatic and perfectly done, although a little too bit dark for me, but it doesn't matter too much. He's actually a **** **** in this movie, I hate him. But he is meant to be hated in this movie. Also, in this move all the Jedi masters die except Obi One and Yoda. It was so shocking to watch those scenes and they were so dramatic. The battles here are beautiful, just beautiful. The CGI looks wonderful and impressive. The antagonists are amazing and badass. Especially one that uses 4 lightsabers to fight against Obi One. And their design is wonderful. So, basically, in this movie, everything is improved to perfection. While I don't think this movie Is better than Empire Strikes Back, it's still a masterpiece. Maybe the prequel trilogy started horribly, but it's also good to know that it ended beautifully. Expand
  40. Dec 30, 2015
    One of the best movies of the whole saga, the fall of Anakin Skywalker gets portrayed in a plausible, immersive and quite unique way and leads perfectly to Episode 4 and Darth Vader. The ending of the Clone Wars is executed great by using a variety of interesting settings, although there could and should have been more insight into the specific war strats. The purge of the Jedi also makesOne of the best movies of the whole saga, the fall of Anakin Skywalker gets portrayed in a plausible, immersive and quite unique way and leads perfectly to Episode 4 and Darth Vader. The ending of the Clone Wars is executed great by using a variety of interesting settings, although there could and should have been more insight into the specific war strats. The purge of the Jedi also makes sense and the political events concerning the transformation of the republic into an empire are a better portrayal of real life history than the stupid Nazi salute stuff of Episode 7 every will be. All in all, a millennia better movie than Force Awakens, clearly better than Episode 1 and 2 as well. Expand
  41. Dec 30, 2015
    Easily the best of the worst, this prequel has a few visually stunning moments, but is crushed by the overwhelmingly bad writing and direction of Ed Wood... err, George Lucas.
  42. Dec 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The fact that it fares better than Episode I and II doesn’t make it any real good. It’s also probably the biggest culprit in the prequel trilogy, because it miserably wastes all the promising premises the story had. Did Anakin had to be so gullible, believing to save Padme just by using the Force, no matter how stupid that sounds? The prequels have been criticized for having too much politics in them, but I think the real problem here is with the trivial, overexposing dialogues surrounding each and every political choice. Was the imposing executive supposed to be a metaphor of the Bush jr. infamous presidency? At least Anakin has the decency of considering impeaching the Chancellor, but Christensen is just so bad at virtually everything he’s trying to deliver, that it’s impossible to find him believable. The ever present massive CGI makes it look like an animated feature most of the time, the action is never engaging, it’s never physical. The final alternate editing too would have been more interesting if it hadn’t had CGI babies in it. It’s such a wonder that a Star Wars movie can be so unemotional and ultimately boring. Expand
  43. Dec 27, 2015
    I will say, out of the three prequel films this is the strongest. It closes the chapter on a decent note, however the acting and chemistry still isn't there. The choices George Lucas made still aren't strong enough to salvage what could have been a strong set of films.
  44. Dec 25, 2015
    In regards to the prequel films, I felt like I was watching a soap opera in a unbelievable CGI infested world.

The issue with all the prequel films is that we as an audience do not care about Anakin Skywalker. He is arrogant, whines a lot, very self-absorbed, huge ego with a chosen one syndrome. The love between Anakin and Padme felt unnatural, fake and had no real connection. The best way to portray a tragic hero is following a character we love, who tragically falls apart but finds a way to redeem himself in the end; this has been a plot device to set up a Tragic Character since Greek Tragedy. The story arc for Anakin/Vader in ep4-6 portrays his eventual redemption perfectly. But the prequels did not set up any love for this character. If I could rewrite the character for the prequels I would follow these plot points:

Make him older ep1 (like Luke and Rey), no mom or christ-like birth (to cliche), no one knows where he came from (add mystery instead of explaining everything). No more, "Yipppy Skippy," from a child actor.

Falls in love through the action of the plot (like Han and Leia) instead of standing around discussing it for 40 minutes in Attack of the Clones.

Has a great sense of humor, saves the day, humbly, like a real hero during ep1 and 2. He was to serious in the films. Take a breath bud.

Padme gets pregnant unexpectedly, Jedi ban him from the order in ep3 due to relationship with Padme (the Jedi should have flaws in these films, they should not be perfect, adds dimension, provides context to Anakins views of the Jedi).

Palpatine offers him a job by his side, Padme, who is at odds with Palpatine, becomes estranged from Anakin due to his decision to join him, she runs to the Obi Wan and the Jedi and secretly gives birth.

Anakin asks Obi Wan (still best friends) to watch over her when he goes on a mission, Palpatine secretly sets up a plot which kills Padme while she is under Obi Wan and the Jedi protection.

Anakin goes ape **** turns to the dark side, blames the jedi/Obi Wan until ep 6. Also sets up a more emotional fight between Anakin and Obi Wan.

Most importantly, as an audience, we see a character we love fall apart over a lie setup by Palpatine. Though the elements of manipulating Anakin do exist as George Lucas wrote them, they were poorly executed and Anakin's motivation to turn to the dark side was weak (I had a bad dream, I need new force powers to save her because I'm the most powerful jedi ever, I should be a Master in the Jedi order because I'm the chosen one with the best force powers, Obi Wan is an idiot and I've got better force powers than him, but I killed Padme in the end because I'm an unlovable psycho with force powers)
  45. Dec 23, 2015
    After two less than stellar Star Wars prequel movies, "Revenge of the Sith" finally tells the story audiences have Ben wanting for years. The story of Anakin's turn to the dark side. In comparison to the last two, it's a huge improvement. While it's not a great movie by any real stretch. As a whole it tells an engaging and focused story. From the get-go you can easily notice that theAfter two less than stellar Star Wars prequel movies, "Revenge of the Sith" finally tells the story audiences have Ben wanting for years. The story of Anakin's turn to the dark side. In comparison to the last two, it's a huge improvement. While it's not a great movie by any real stretch. As a whole it tells an engaging and focused story. From the get-go you can easily notice that the visuals look 10 times better than the previous two movies. Even the acting isn't as hoaky as before. Yea, there is still some bad delivery here and there, but it doesn't overshadow the ideas of what's in store. Unlike the others, this is the first time I saw a character (for the most part) rather than just a guy trying to pull off a convincing performance. At times you do feel his expressive emotion. In reality, it only pulls through when he is simply acting with his facial features. Even the musical score felt exciting and heart pounding. So yea, it's an improvement, but shades of the last two can still be seen in certain scenes. The chemistry between Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman is still bland, some delivery of ridiculous lines come off as cheesy as hell. However, I still liked the movie overall. There is still some fun to be had with it and it didn't end with a cringe fully bad taste in my mouth. Honestly, this is the only prequel movie that feels necessary if you truly think about it. There didn't need to be two big movies about Palpatine coming into power and how the clone army came to be (not to mention the romance). You could have still gotten the information needed in this movie quick and easy. So, if you're new to the Star Wars universe, my advice is to start with "Revenge of the Sith". It may not be the best, but it's one I think you'll find very interesting. I give it a B! Expand
  46. Dec 22, 2015
    By far one of my all time favorite movies, and the movie that sealed my fate as a die hard star wars fan and introduced me to the treasured original trilogy. Excellent film!
  47. Dec 22, 2015
    Finally, a good (even great) prequel. The lead up was a bit long in Episodes 1 and 2, but the way it all comes together makes suffering through them worth it (and that's saying a lot given how bad those films were). Awesome. Actually, after seeing the heart-breakingly bad Episode 7, Awesome!!!!!
  48. Dec 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best movie in the prequel of the original trilogy "Star Wars". Anakin Skywalker is now officialy called Darth Vader and the best is yet to come! Expand
  49. Dec 20, 2015
    Sorry, Episode III. I liked you. You were several orders more interesting than Episode VII. You didn't deserve the hate. Here, you get some stars to balance out all the haters.
  50. Dec 18, 2015
    This movie isn't that bad! I love the lightsaber battles! Sure the movie is bad in some places, but this is a decent movie. In my opinion my favorite star wars movie behind empire strikes back.
  51. Dec 17, 2015
    NOW, this is the best of the prequel films, but that's NOT saying much. This film is dark, very dark, some of the subject matter in the film is downright melancholy and is just haunting. BUT, that in mind, the biggest problem this film has is just the godawful dialog, it is cheesy as all hell *but very quotable* I loved the end fight, it was amazing but again these prequel films sufferNOW, this is the best of the prequel films, but that's NOT saying much. This film is dark, very dark, some of the subject matter in the film is downright melancholy and is just haunting. BUT, that in mind, the biggest problem this film has is just the godawful dialog, it is cheesy as all hell *but very quotable* I loved the end fight, it was amazing but again these prequel films suffer from having this issue where the acting can be so unbelievable forced that it is laughable and cheesy. Its AMAZING HOW TERRIBLE THE ACTING CAN BE IN THIS OVER WISE ABOVE AVERAGE FILM. If your gonna watch any of the prequel films just watch this one, its the best. Expand
  52. Dec 16, 2015
    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith is an improvement over the previous films in the prequel trilogy. With better CG and art design as well as a better script, the film is far more enjoyable than The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, but it still has some of the flaws present in the previous films such as bad dialogue and wooden performances. For fans hoping for a step inStar Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith is an improvement over the previous films in the prequel trilogy. With better CG and art design as well as a better script, the film is far more enjoyable than The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, but it still has some of the flaws present in the previous films such as bad dialogue and wooden performances. For fans hoping for a step in the right direction and a solid conclusion to the prequel trilogy, this should be serviceable. Expand
  53. Dec 16, 2015
    My favourite of the six. The story is loaded, overwhelming at first watch. To see how everything that held for 1000 years was undone was epic in of itself.

Ewan McGregor shines. Grievous and an excellent villain, and Palpatine is perhaps at his best. Even Anakin feels far more interesting in this final installment.
  54. Dec 16, 2015
    Only one of the prequels that's worth watching, unlike its predecessors it has a point and does its job well. Ignore Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, the Star Wars story starts here.
  55. Dec 14, 2015
    It's official; I'm no longer a Star Wars virgin. I have finally watched all six films in preparation for The Force Awakens which I eagerly await with my pre-ordered tickets. Revenge of the Sith is undoubtedly my favorite of the prequels and my second favorite overall, behind The Empire Strikes Back; I was surprised by how much they stepped up their game and ended the trilogy in a darker,It's official; I'm no longer a Star Wars virgin. I have finally watched all six films in preparation for The Force Awakens which I eagerly await with my pre-ordered tickets. Revenge of the Sith is undoubtedly my favorite of the prequels and my second favorite overall, behind The Empire Strikes Back; I was surprised by how much they stepped up their game and ended the trilogy in a darker, more emotional way. In Revenge of the Sith, the Jedi Knights are spread out all over the galaxy leading a massive clone army against the Separatists. Obi-Wan Kenobi is sent to kill the leader of the Separatist Army, General Grievous. Meanwhile, Anakin Skywalker becomes closer to Chancellor Palpatine who is secretly a Sith Lord and eventually leads Anakin to yield to the dark side of the Force and become Darth Vader. Although Anakin's transition to the dark side was only foreshadowed in Attack of the Clones, it is a major theme in this movie and gives the film much more dramatic depth to explore. Watching his mind wawrp into that of an eventual Sith Lord is almost tragic in context with the rest of the trilogy, and it makes Episode III the most emotionally driven prequel. Hayden Christensen's acting is still questionable as ever, which I blame on poor writing. He has great facial expressions and body language, but the material he has to work with is dreadful at times. Even then, Revenge of the Sith is still a wholly satisfying and terrific ending to the prequel trilogy. From its memorable opening action sequence to the final scene showing Darth Vader's construction, Revenge of the Sith is a thrilling and impressive conclusion to the trilogy. Expand
  56. Dec 12, 2015
    Best movie of the prequels for sure. I loved this movie so much. The emperor was amazing the lightsaber fight with obi-wan and Anakin gave me gossebumps. Great CG this time around. Amazing story. Great transition to death vader. Very dark and intense. There are a few minor problems but nothing to get to worked up about. Go see this movie it's worth it.
  57. Dec 11, 2015
    ’Revenge of The Sith’ is by far the best of the prequels. It's the story we all wanted from the start and it's actually a pretty good movie, both from a personal and critical point of view. The main antagonist; Anakin Skywalker is constantly under the dark pressure from his darker self, and the film does give a great inside how he became the main protagonist we all know of. His character’Revenge of The Sith’ is by far the best of the prequels. It's the story we all wanted from the start and it's actually a pretty good movie, both from a personal and critical point of view. The main antagonist; Anakin Skywalker is constantly under the dark pressure from his darker self, and the film does give a great inside how he became the main protagonist we all know of. His character is under an enormous pressure, and we see him develop and change in a smart and clever way. The acting by Hayden Christensen is debatable, but it's a great improvement since 'Attack of The Clones' even though he still does lack a greater and a more mature performance. This continuation got one new major character; General Grievous, who might have had a perhaps too fast introduction, and was defeated in the same vast speed. He lack the same character-depth like Count Dooku, but of course not the awesomeness since he's a very menacing and an overall awesome villain. The rest of the main characters are all well presented and there's great interactions between most of them, even though the romance between Anakin and Padmé still got some dry and forced moments, but it's still somewhat okay to watch. The dialogs however; are not as acceptable. There are still some very forced, unnecessary, dumb and weird dialogs. Sometimes you got to wonder why George won't learn from his mistakes (I'm looking at you episode I & II). The vast amount of forced expositions through dialogs are also a major aspect of this third installment, but the dialogs are still not as bad as the previous films, and there are some really good ones (surprisingly!). Still, there are some really stupid moments all over the film where characters really have to explain what they feel, even though it really is obvious through the character's facial expression. Horrible.

Moving on to the action. The first act might be one of the best aspects with this movie, it's both intense and really action-packed! The whole film got much of that aspect, including many spectacular visuals and CGI. The combination with the touching music and incredible cinematography only makes it better. The plot is miles greater than what we saw in episode one and two, and there's much more feel and emotion to the story too. The third act is a big part of the Star Wars-franchise, because it connects the prequels and the original films. I really think it's an emotional part of this movie, even though the climax is a bit too overdramatic and perhaps too long. Since we all know how things are going to transpire (after ep III) is the fight between the main characters too overdramatic, and unnecessary. It lost the feel after going on for too long. It doesn't make the film greater that there are some plot holes too, but just a few of them.

'Revenge of The Sith' is the film we all wanted, but had too wait through two less impressive prequels to get here. It's a much better film and it's the story we all wanted from the start!

Personal rating: 80/100
    Critical rating: 59/100
  58. Dec 11, 2015

Sometimes you simply think “Noooo!”

In true Saturday morning serial fashion Sith begins with a chapter left-over from a previous adventure: the rescue of the Chancellor from General Grievous by Anakin, Obi-Wan and the saga's best sidekick: R2-D2. Fast, loose, inventive and within touching distance of funny, this is the spiritual sequel to the original escape from the Death Star, reloaded with full Jedi powers. Like a fragment from a lost civilization, this episode hints at countless Clone Wars escapades that sadly exist only in the extended universe — still, at least we have that bit where Jar Jar falls over the explosive marbles captured on film.

The sequence ends with the saga’s single most audacious shot since the Star Destroyer first passed overhead — the front half of Grievous’ flagship The Invisible Hand screeching to a halt yards from camera — and it becomes clear that faced with the thankless task of directly dovetailing into a timeless classic everybody from Lucas down has raised their game considerably. ILM finally seem to have finished the digital toolkit they’ve been toying with since the late nineties fashioning flora and fauna that has real weight and substance for the first time. There are 2,200 effects shots in Sith — more than Menace and Clones combined — and there’s not a single specimen of bad compositing, which is more than can be said for 2006’s SFX Oscar winner King Kong.

Also flawless is Gavin Bouquet’s production design - indeed, Sith's most unambiguous joy is watching Bouquet and Lucas retrofit their galaxy - often there seems to be no escape as the mismatched trilogies crunch together, but a deft aside or throwaway motif always gets us out of the compacter.

So far, so certain point of view - however Sith carries a far graver responsibility than the prequels it quickly outclasses. Lucas himself admitted that fully 60 percent of his original outline was slated for this bridging episode, which means that all the unanswered questions that made the prequels permissible in the first place are addressed here. In other words, Sith is it: this is where the myths get set in stone, Lucas can muck around on Naboo all he likes, but if he screws up the birth of Vader, big black 'ain't ever going to be the same.

Most damagingly, Anakin's conversion to the dark side is rushed through during a slack middle act where the chosen one bounces back and forth between Mace Windu and Palpatine like a confused teenager in a soap opera love triangle. The self-inflicted 20-20-60 story split that starved Episodes I and II of real incident, leaves Lucas with far too much ground to make up here: so far we’ve gathered that Anakin is arrogant, horny and has bad dreams —well, we all know it’s just a short-step from there to baby killer.

The delicious McDiarmid does his best to make the dark side sound seductive but unless you are steeped in Force lore (for the record, once Anakin cracks open the door, the flood-gates burst and it is near-impossible to resist) this critical moment - the moment - utterly fails to convince.

In the end then, it depends on your point of view. As a sequel to the prequels, Sith is more than anyone can reasonably have hoped for, a movie that made it okay to be a Star Wars fan again. However, a few fans will always cling to a different truth, to an alternative universe where at least one prequel was the equal of the original trilogy. And for those people, Revenge Of The Sith, the last chance to get it right, will always rate as the biggest disappointment of all.

From a certain point of view.

All sequels must pay for the sins of their fathers: where Return Of The Jedi runs out of plot half way through, Sith has so much ground to make up that Yoda is gamely plugging holes with his last line of scripted dialogue. But even if the last leg of the prequel journey is every bit as bumpy, the view improves considerably and the destination at last proves to be a place many of us still call home.
  59. Dec 8, 2015
    "Revenge of the Sith" turns 10 this year and it was the first Star Wars movie I saw in the theater.

This is the movie everyone wanted to see happen because we finally got to see Darth Vader again, but was sitting through the entire movie really worth it? Vader only had about 3 lines and all of them were terrible. The plot of this movie was leading up to this and while it's not a terrible movie, it's not very thought provoking either. It's filler. Not at the level of "Attack of the Clones" filler, but most of this movie wastes its time on pointless sh*t. I don't care about General Grevious, I don't care about Count Dooku, I don't care about Mace Windu, and I don't even care about Anakin Skywalker and his story is the most important one. Hayden Christansen wins ANOTHER Razzie for his portrayal and came off as an absolutely hilarious idiot.

Lucas just doesn't know what he's doing here. Since this trilogy is so horribly written, I like to think of this "prequel" saga as a completely different species. They don't connect with the original trilogy in any way, unless Lucas has to modify the originals just so they could somewhat be in the same universe. Sigh...

I do have nostalgia for this third film, but how far can nostalgia really take you once your're not interested in what's even happening?

With the few pros: The CGI is certainly the best of the prequels. Even though they lack any heart or substance, they blend in better with their environments. Ewan McGregor gives his best performance as Obi- Wan and has some of the only few lines of dialogue that are very involving and ones that intentionally made me laugh. Seeing Ian McDiarmid reprise his role as the The Emperor in his prime is a pure joy to watch. I love watching the Emperor in this movie, he's so damn evil but he loves to be evil, and he looks so damn creepy and his voice is so goofy but can still be ominous at certain points. Like usual, John Williams' film score is fantastic and is tied with Ian McDiarmid as the two best things about this film.

"Revenge of the Sith" is the most decent Star Wars prequel, but it's just gotten so much more uninteresting with time...
  60. Dec 6, 2015
    Absolutely is the best of the prequels, with a nice transition between the old republic and the new empire, and its opening battle, with Anakin and Obi-Wan invading an space ship is one of the best in the series.
  61. Nov 29, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.... the strongest Star Wars prequel, in my opinion. What I liked about the film the most wasn't the action or the special effects (though those aspects remained spectacular as ever), but rather the character development, which was lacking in the previous two films. This movie was truly about Anakin and his transformation into to the Dark Side of the Force, and the movie consistently built up to the classic final showdown between him and his former master Obi-Wan, as well to the born of Darth Vader. "Attack of the Clones" was already quietly setting up that big plot point. We saw Anakin frustrated for not being elected as a Jedi master by the Council, and his dilemma on the nightmares he's been having about Padmé's death. From that, he becomes easily manipulated by Palpatine who puts the former against the Jedi.

Now, there's some things I found myself disliking. The acting for instance was mostly bad. I didn't buy Hayden Christensen's performance when Padmé told Anakin she was pregnant. It was also really hard not to notice the over-the-top acting from some characters such as Senator Palpatine, when he killed Samuel Jackson's character, and screamed excessively, way longer than he should have.

Of course, with all of this we had action, pretty nice action sequences combined with eye candy visuals, and sweet color palette. The lightsaber never gets old, and the sound effects were really great. While I'm not a Star Wars fan (at least not yet), I enjoyed much more the story arc around this time, and all that mythology paid off.

Final Score: 7.5/10
  62. Nov 27, 2015
    Revenge of the Sith is imperfect and still has some pretty rough writing, but it is far better than Attack of the Clones. Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, and Ian McDiarmid, are all great and kill their respective roles in this one. The special effects are great and the fight choreography is out of this world. However, what really elevates Revenge of the Sith is that itRevenge of the Sith is imperfect and still has some pretty rough writing, but it is far better than Attack of the Clones. Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, and Ian McDiarmid, are all great and kill their respective roles in this one. The special effects are great and the fight choreography is out of this world. However, what really elevates Revenge of the Sith is that it is the conclusion. In being the conclusion of the prequel trilogy, it is blessed with the ability to be able to have the sequence in which Anakin becomes Darth Vader, which is truly a gift because it is brilliantly done and his transition to the dark side is handled wonderfully. This film is incredibly poignant at times and really retains that biblical element from the original trilogy and beats you over the head with it (lol savior being tempted by the dark side lololol get it? 66? lolol get it yet? omg guys, we read the Bible). I mock it lightly, but I do love the Biblical element all the same. Ultimately, Revenge of the Sith is a good conclusion to the prequel trilogy that is the first film in the prequel trilogy to feel, well, coherent and deserve being compared favorably to the original films. Expand
  63. Nov 23, 2015
    Revenge of the Sith fumbles the ball and condemns Anakin Skywalker as a whiner. Is a missed opportunity to portray the inner conflict of Anakin Skywalker. In the end the script and the actor failed to sculpture the shades of gray which can make a great man/woman fall from grace.

So, after Episode I The Phantom Menace where the story is so loosly told and you are unable to get any attachement to the characters and plot; and Episode II Attack of the Clones, where Anakin is nothing more than a whiner who somehow falls in love with Padme (who curiously waited in age for the little Anakin to grow up) in, perhaps, one of the lousiest romance plots in movies; you get the conclusion of the story of Anakin Skywalker and his transformation to Darth Vader.

In Episode III Revenge of the Sith, Anakin is more annoying than ever. How the Jedi Council could bear with him is a mystery of the Force by itself. And why did he fall to the dark side? Was there philosophical plot that pushed Anakin Skywalker to choose the side of the Chancellor Palpatin? Did the Jedi betrayed their beliefs in a way that Skywalker could not support them anymore? Did he fall because he was on a great quest to save the galaxy but the constant conflict pushed his limits? No, you are told he fell to the dark side because he was an egocentric whiner who did not want Padme to die. The whole plot is weak going around this one and only concern of Anakin. Yes, there is the war against the separatists, there is general Grievous, there is Obi Wan Kenobi, and there is some mention of the political problems in the senate. But all you get is a weak Anakin characterization with a weird relationship with Padme and a final battle with Obi Wan.

After this movie, combining Episode I and II, the mythos of Darth Vader is destroyed. You no longer care for him. When we learned in Episode V that he was Luke’s father, it was a great revelation with still great mystery behind his tragedy to become Darth Vader. Now, after Episode III, it has all come to a missed opportunity. Not for George Lucas who has and will be doing millions of US Dollars… and Disney which bought Lucas Films. The whole of die- hard fans will follow blindly, but I for one, prefer the plot of Knights of the Old Republic better than the prequel which killed Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker.
  64. Nov 18, 2015
    A gripping tale culminating the end of the prequel trilogy, Anakin's fall to the darkside of the force, the fall of the Jedi and to Republic and the rise of the Empire.
  65. Nov 11, 2015
    A modern day master piece. The main problem with the Star Wars prequels are that they have a pretty surprising lack of Palpatine who by all respects is the main villain. This one brings him right to the forefront, no longer is he scheming he's now putting his plan into action. Palpatine is unarguably the best character in the saga and when this new movie comes out I just know it'll be hurtA modern day master piece. The main problem with the Star Wars prequels are that they have a pretty surprising lack of Palpatine who by all respects is the main villain. This one brings him right to the forefront, no longer is he scheming he's now putting his plan into action. Palpatine is unarguably the best character in the saga and when this new movie comes out I just know it'll be hurt by his absence, that is assuming he's not controlling Supreme Leader Snoke. But enough about the upcoming movie, there's a great scene about halfway through where Mace Windu confronts Palpatine saying that the senate will decide his fate, Palpatine clears his throat and says "I AM THE SENATE", then he does a good spinning trick and lets out the most terrifying sound I've heard outside a horror film. Apparently the actor Ian McDiarmid (hugely underrated actor by the way) wasn't meant to scream out like he did but he improvised that brilliant screech and when you hear it you really feel the power of the dark side. You see moments like this are what make Star Wars. Oh and Anakin and Obi-Wan fight on a volcano planet, it's cool because they fight for like a whole hour its so tense and it's so dense. Expand
  66. Nov 6, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best film of the prequels saga, but it has a lot of mistakes too, vaders crying, some cheesy and bad performances ,still much cgi although it has more props than the previous episodes. On the oher hand has good things too like the battle on kashyyyk, the duel of anakin vs dooku, the final battle anakin vs obi wan and not much more , the darth vader conversion to the dark side seems to forced and slashing kids (its rough i know) but its not the way that anakin should be seen when he crossed the line to the other side its not a bad movie at all but for little things/ details it could have been a lot better. Expand
  67. Oct 25, 2015
    After two disappointments, George Lucas finally captured the brilliance of the original trilogy. Apart from Hayden Christensen's slightly wooden performance, this proves to be the third best film in the franchise!
  68. Oct 2, 2015
    This episode in my opinion is nearly good as the old episodes but it isn't really "OMG 10/10 NEEDS AWARDS FOR BEST ACTORS LOL" no. It doesn't look as good and the CGI is meh still. But the the most badasses fight scenes make me forget all of that. For now, its good but not perfect.
  69. Sep 25, 2015
    Just as we were giving up hope of ever seeing another decent Star Wars film, Revenge of the Sith comes along. And it finally satisfies us. It's not as good as 4,5 and even 6 but it comes close. Grevious is really epic and ALMOST comes close to being as cool as Darth Vader. The Palpatine-v-Yoda battle was EPIC. It really makes you anticipate The Force Awakens without worry. Still, thereJust as we were giving up hope of ever seeing another decent Star Wars film, Revenge of the Sith comes along. And it finally satisfies us. It's not as good as 4,5 and even 6 but it comes close. Grevious is really epic and ALMOST comes close to being as cool as Darth Vader. The Palpatine-v-Yoda battle was EPIC. It really makes you anticipate The Force Awakens without worry. Still, there could have been a Han Solo character. And here's my biggest complaint-if R2D2 had all those guns and gadgets built into him all along, why on earth couldn't he use them in the originals? That was rather forced Expand
  70. Sep 1, 2015
    The 2nd best Star Wars movie to date, and follows through on what Lucas promised us, but imagine if the writing and storyboarding wasn't so lazy how much more powerful this movie would've been, there are tears aplenty, and it's definitely one of the most entertaining Sci-Fi's ever made. In the end the Star Wars prequels paid off and I like them.
  71. Aug 17, 2015
    amazing movie best prequal 2nd best star wars well done george weldone temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison
  72. Aug 10, 2015
    Much better than the film before it thankfully. The acting was far
    improved and the effects actually were better than the previous one as
    well. The emperor was much better in this film than he was in the previous two films. The problem with this one was that it felt the least like a Star Wars film. That was the thing that makes me claim it is not the best of the prequels. Despite me
    Much better than the film before it thankfully. The acting was far
    improved and the effects actually were better than the previous one as
    well. The emperor was much better in this film than he was in the
    previous two films. The problem with this one was that it felt the
    least like a Star Wars film. That was the thing that makes me claim it
    is not the best of the prequels. Despite me knowing that it does have a
    higher quality. The action was also pretty good in this one. It was a
    entertaining film that doesn't quite get good. That will come in with
    the later three films. The scene with Yoda against the emperor was a
    fun scene and Obi Won against Anakin was probably one of the best duels
    in the prequels.
  73. Aug 10, 2015
    The general thought of this film is, "it's good. but not as good as the original". I highly disagree with that. I think this is just as good. It has a dark story and great action. Everything you could ask for in a star wars movie. Sure some of the love scenes are stupid like in the last one, but this definitely has enough to make up for it. While I wouldn't say it is as good as Empire, itThe general thought of this film is, "it's good. but not as good as the original". I highly disagree with that. I think this is just as good. It has a dark story and great action. Everything you could ask for in a star wars movie. Sure some of the love scenes are stupid like in the last one, but this definitely has enough to make up for it. While I wouldn't say it is as good as Empire, it is most definitely the best one since. Expand
  74. Jul 29, 2015
    It is hard to give this a '1', but I felt the need to score it as compared to the previous two movies. In a 'vacuum' it a resounding 0. The story and dialogue are extremely broken. There are no special effects because everything IS an effect. Lucas would have been better off just making all the prequels CGI cartoons, the lack of physical models is staggering.

Honestly though. This is bad.
  75. May 24, 2015
    The best of this new trilogy of Star Wars, the story is more engaging and interesting, the special effects are great, and the action scenes are good too.
  76. May 23, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Say what you will about the other prequels (even though I still like them), but you can't bash Revenge of the Sith (I mean, you can but you shouldn't)! Are there some dumb parts? Yeah, like the part where Mace Windu fights Palpatine and the other three guys get killed in a few seconds. However, this movie, as a whole, is superb. The CGI and fight scenes are excellent. It's easily the most action-packed Star Wars and serves well as both a finale and connecting tissue. It's the tale of Anakin officially committing to the dark side and the fall of the Jedi order (it's appropriately tragic. The best part: Anakin vs. Obi-Wan on Mustafar. This is easily one of the best ights in the saga (if not the best)! Honestly, I enjoyed this movie as much as the original films if not slightly more! It's easily one of my favorite movies but it still doesn't earn a ten for the occaisonal medicore dialogue or stupid parts. I've probably watched this movie eight times. Expand
  77. May 22, 2015
    The best out of all the prequels! The dialouge wasn't the greatest but the lightsaber fights were good but the could of been like the original trilogy, but the end fight with yoda and darth sidious and anakin and obi wan was pretty cool and was worth watching but it doesn't help episode 3 where we finally get something exciting. But the film is enjoyable and is the only prequel worthThe best out of all the prequels! The dialouge wasn't the greatest but the lightsaber fights were good but the could of been like the original trilogy, but the end fight with yoda and darth sidious and anakin and obi wan was pretty cool and was worth watching but it doesn't help episode 3 where we finally get something exciting. But the film is enjoyable and is the only prequel worth watching except for the last scence in the Phantom Menace (still not worth the 2 hours) but this movie is defiantly worth your time. Expand
  78. May 12, 2015
    Undeniably the best of the prequels, as always the effects, costumes, set pieces, lightsaber battles, and especially the score are perfectly spot on. The only real issues I had with ROTS were very minor and can only result in serious nitpicking. I strongly disagree with Red Letter Media as well as numerous die-hard fans on the prequels. Yes they didn't quite live up to everyone'sUndeniably the best of the prequels, as always the effects, costumes, set pieces, lightsaber battles, and especially the score are perfectly spot on. The only real issues I had with ROTS were very minor and can only result in serious nitpicking. I strongly disagree with Red Letter Media as well as numerous die-hard fans on the prequels. Yes they didn't quite live up to everyone's expectations, but how could they. I'm sorry but it seems to me that people expect way too much from film franchises regardless of their popularity or overall quality. Jeez this review is going on too long. I might as well end the review right now. My final score for Star Wars Episode III:Revenge Of The Sith is 93/100. Expand
  79. May 10, 2015
    Ignore all the bad things you hear about this movie. Any negative reviews are mostly star wars fan boys (or more likely 30-40 year old men) who are too nostalgic about the original trilogy from their childhood, and are still bitter about how awful the phantom menace was. This is a fantastic movie, arguably the best in the franchise (at least on par with Return of the Jedi) and you shouldIgnore all the bad things you hear about this movie. Any negative reviews are mostly star wars fan boys (or more likely 30-40 year old men) who are too nostalgic about the original trilogy from their childhood, and are still bitter about how awful the phantom menace was. This is a fantastic movie, arguably the best in the franchise (at least on par with Return of the Jedi) and you should not let it's reputation put you off. Expand
  80. May 5, 2015
    YES FINALLY! one of the prequel movies gets most of it right! a very strong and fun movie! the performances arnt great and neither is the script somewhat, but it is a fun movie and very reminiscent of the original trilogy
  81. Apr 26, 2015
    -----REDONE REVIEW-----

-----REDONE REVIEW-----

Revenge of the Sith ends the prequel trilogy perfectly. It’s jam-packed with adventure, action, and emotional scenes. The standout actors here are easily Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid, and Samuel L. Jackson; the latter two compete in perhaps one of the most intense lightsaber battles ever in this film. Even the CGI and Anakin character is improved. The film ties everything up nicely in the end to the original trilogy. A fitting end to a great saga.
  82. Apr 24, 2015
    In perhaps the most blatant instance of a Star Wars character plugging a plot hole, at one point in Return Of The Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi brushes aside the lies he told Luke about Vader with this infamous equivocation, "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." So then, from a certain point of view, Revenge Of The Sith, simultaneously the middle and last StarIn perhaps the most blatant instance of a Star Wars character plugging a plot hole, at one point in Return Of The Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi brushes aside the lies he told Luke about Vader with this infamous equivocation, "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." So then, from a certain point of view, Revenge Of The Sith, simultaneously the middle and last Star Wars movie, is the best sequel, and the most pleasing surprise, in the entire saga.

And once Sith starts forging myth, fingers are burned. The shortcomings may be familiar by now but they rankle more than ever here. Just as it was becoming possible to tune out the constant clanking of Lucas' lumbering dialogue the words are invested with real import. And just as we were getting used to the declarative ‘30s-style line readings that Lucas alone finds an adequate substitute for acting, the drama is asked to support some really heavy **** Many of the key components of the Star Wars legend — Vader’s birth, Padme’s death — are ultimately undone by dialogue that is ludicrous either in intent or execution.

Sometimes you simply think “Noooo!”

Mercifully then, the Star Wars myth is so powerful, so pre-imagined by so many, that much of it requires no explanation bar our constant narrator: the peerless John Williams. The twin duels that bring the third act to a rousing close confirm Sith as not just the darkest but also the prettiest entry in the saga — the lava landscape of Mustafa, in particular, has obviously been bubbling in Lucas imagination for nearly thirty years. (A few shots also benefit from having best pal Steven Spielberg play around with the “pre-viz” animatic software.)

83. Apr 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie will be a classic in ten years. However, I didn't like jar jar binks at padme's funeral. But other than that, perfect movie made by George Lucas. Expand
  84. Apr 20, 2015
    I don't know why people like this third part any better than the other terrible two parts of the new trilogy. For me it is just exactly as awful. Totally unbelievable storyline with characters one could not care less about. CGI actually looks worse at some points than in the previous films. Don't waste your time with any of them, just watch the original trilogy.
  85. Apr 19, 2015
    A **** ending to a **** trilogy. What more is there to say? The acting is back, the writing is terrible, the story doesn't make any sense, and it's just boring.
  86. Apr 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In perhaps the most blatant instance of a Star Wars character plugging a plot hole, at one point in Return Of The Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi brushes aside the lies he told Luke about Vader with this infamous equivocation, "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." So then, from a certain point of view, Revenge Of The Sith, simultaneously the middle and last Star Wars movie, is the best sequel, and the most pleasing surprise, in the entire saga.

Sometimes you simply think “Noooo!”

From a certain point of view.

87. Mar 16, 2015
    Though there are still blunders with the script and the pacing, I can't complain because Revenge of The Sith definitely got the general outline of Anakin Skywalker's downfall just right, and set the tone for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the series that gave the prequel story the justice that it so desperately needed. The first thirty minutes or so are similar in structure to the last twoThough there are still blunders with the script and the pacing, I can't complain because Revenge of The Sith definitely got the general outline of Anakin Skywalker's downfall just right, and set the tone for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the series that gave the prequel story the justice that it so desperately needed. The first thirty minutes or so are similar in structure to the last two movies, but then things get good. REALLY good. The Palpatine/Skywalker story was nailed, and the ending duel between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader is among some the best fight scenes in cinema history. Overall, the film falters in similar aspects to its predecessors, but makes up for it with a strong final half full of intense scenes with one of the strongest characters, Palpatine, and the Mustafar battle. 7/10. Expand
  88. Mar 11, 2015
    A surprisingly dark and emotional end to the prequel trilogy. To watch the characters and their situation degrade into despair is both horrifying and fascinating. The film does an excellent job in tying the entire saga together. It is a heart-breaking soap opera as much as it is a heart-pounding descent into chaos. In this sense it is a memorable, haunting, and brilliant film.
  89. Jan 26, 2015
    [Portuguese] É o melhor filme de Star Wars , na minha opinião, pois mostra a "aparição" de Darth Vader, e mostra bastante sobre o lado Sith da série.
  90. Jan 12, 2015
    This movie is not at all like its antecessor. It’s much better by far. The dispute between the Jedi and the Sith is finally ended, and Anakin finally does what we all were expecting him to do.
    The film itself is pretty awesome. Yet again, in some parts, the acting seems a little forced, and the score, not being brilliant, does what it has to do very well. The special effects were good for the time it was released, and the action sequences are great and well done (the lightsaber parts weren’t perfect, but they are still cool to watch). The plot, like in any other Star Wars film, has a lot of imagination behind it, it’s absolutely original and great, but when it’s taken to the big screen you can’t avoid seeing a couple of things that simply aren’t right (still awesome, though).
    It’s a must-see, surely.
  91. Jan 2, 2015
    YES. This is the only film of the prequels to get it right: fully right. It's far darker and has many great scenes. Anakin still whines a bit in this film but it's far more bearable in this film. This film starts of excellently and remains great all the way through, showing off Lucas' best visuals of the franchise. Also, this film has the best Jedi fight of the franchise at the end. IT ISYES. This is the only film of the prequels to get it right: fully right. It's far darker and has many great scenes. Anakin still whines a bit in this film but it's far more bearable in this film. This film starts of excellently and remains great all the way through, showing off Lucas' best visuals of the franchise. Also, this film has the best Jedi fight of the franchise at the end. IT IS AMAZING. It's also pretty brutal for a 12 rated film too, but helps set up for the darkness off the original trilogy. Performances overall are great, other than Hayden Christensens okay performance, but he has improved a lot since episode 2. Great film really. Expand
  92. Dec 21, 2014
    The best and final chapter of the prequel trilogy. A sequel that is darker than Return of the Jedi. The acting is good, action is great, the cg, the story, and the direction.
  93. Dec 15, 2014
    Easily the best of the Star Wars prequels. It has improved acting, improved script, special effects, and pacing. The lightsaber fights and battle sequences are what make this movie awesome as well.
  94. Dec 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know what happened but George Lucas really went back to making incredible movies. Star Wars: Episode III is easily the best prequel and the fourth best movie in the entire saga. While this movie had some bad acting from Hayden Christensen (But he wasn't terrible) and some of the worst love scenes I have ever seen with Anakin and Padme it was still really good.

Star Wars: Episode III mainly focuses on two Jedis named Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. Anakin is Obi-Wan's apprentice as Obi-Wan has taught him ever since he was a teenager and has been with him most of his life, excluding his first 10 years. A man named Emperor Palpatine converts Anakin into a Sith as he says it will save Padme (His pregnant girlfriend) from dying after childbirth due to Anakin's powers. After converting Anakin, he executes an order called Order 66 where all the Clone Troopers betray the Jedi and murder them without hesitation. After being converted to the dark side, Anakin kills many Jedis and fights with his master at the end. After having his legs and arms chopped off at the end of his duel with Obi-Wan and getting burnt in lava, he has to wear a special made suit which finishes his conversion into becoming Darth Vader.

Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan) does an amazing job at acting. He is easily the best actor, he somehow managed to read some bad lines and make them not seem terrible. Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker) on the other hand, was pretty bad. He wasn't terrible but his lack of emotion destroyed the amazing character of Anakin Skywalker although he can be whiny and annoying at certain times.

The story of this film is easily the darkest that was made in the entire prequel with Return of The Jedi being second. The reason that this movie was incredibly dark is Anakin's transformation into the dark side as it's story is tragic and the scenes are intense such as Order 66, the final duel with Obi-Wan, murdering the younglings (What the hell?) and putting on the Vader suit.

The lightsaber fights in this movie were truly amazing. While the original trilogies had emotional lightsaber fights, the prequels had great looking ones but they lacked emotion. Star Wars: Episode III had both, it had plenty of emotion with the biggest example being the final duel with Obi-Wan and looked incredible with amazing choreography.

The CGI in this movie was over-used but better than all the other prequels. It looked realistic although it was still over used in many places. I can understand Mustafar being completely CGI though, as it would be impossible to have a lava-filled landscape using practical effects.

Overall, Star Wars: Episode III is the best prequel film, and the 4th best in the saga. You should watch it if you are a fan of Star Wars but if you are not, you might not completely enjoy it. If you are watching this with the family, some kids might find some scenes too intense and graphic such as the final duel with Obi-Wan, the younglings slaughter and the immolation of Anakin Skywalker.
  95. Nov 24, 2014
    The new trilogy is over! I really liked it and I also think it's superior to the original one, although most people disagree. Episode III was epic and showed us Anakin's fall to the dark side perfectcly with excelent action scenes and special efects. I know that the dialogue scenes are quite boring, but is very better than the ones in Episodes I and II. The characters are good and theThe new trilogy is over! I really liked it and I also think it's superior to the original one, although most people disagree. Episode III was epic and showed us Anakin's fall to the dark side perfectcly with excelent action scenes and special efects. I know that the dialogue scenes are quite boring, but is very better than the ones in Episodes I and II. The characters are good and the vilains are perfect (Lord Sidious is cruel and intelligent as a true Lord Sith must be and the rise of Darth Vader and the Jedi massacre is one of the best moments I ever saw in movie history). The lightsaber battles are intense, especially the final battle between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader. The final dialogue between Anakin and his old master is incredible, and Ewan MacGreggor does an excelent work showing Obi-Wan's pain when he cuts Darth Vader's legs and arm.
    So, it's an excelent movie and must see for Star Wars fans
  96. Oct 18, 2014
    The final entry in the prequel trilogy chronicles that downfall of the Republic as the Clone Wars rage on and Anakin Skywalker makes the transition to the dark side of the force.
  97. Sep 12, 2014
    The final part of the prequel trilogy, and definitely the hardest to watch as well. There is more violence, and altogether the film is rather dark and filled with despair, cruelty and hopelessness.

Anakin Skywalker takes strides instead of steps towards the dark side of the Force. It is almost ridiculous how easily he can be pushed along. There is a lot of scheming going on, a couple of new characters, but the plot is a bit more forward than before. The story is still a bit jumpy, and there is nothing special to the lines delivered. Only few attempts at humor are actually amusing.

Visually a good movie, and the soundtrack has many good spots in it.

Not a bad film, and definitely a good encouragement to start watching the final three parts.
  98. Aug 28, 2014
    The Revenge of the Sith is a brilliant conclusion to an epic saga. Not only are we offered answers we've been longing since the dawn of Star Wars, but we are extensively entertained on all fronts. Yes, the visuals continue their spectacular prowess, but it's the story the gets us. It'll stick with us forever.
  99. Aug 16, 2014
    Absolute trash and a disgrace to the fans who made Lucas popular. Poor acting, poor story telling, entirely CGI and some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard in a movie.
  100. Aug 6, 2014
    My favourite of the trilogy behind Phantom Menace, full of action and a good story. Unlike Episode 2 which i dont rate that highly, it is full of action and keeps you entertained every minute of the way

Only now can we truly step back and admire the full tapestry that it has taken George Lucas and his ILM wizards nearly three decades to weave.
  2. The final episode of George Lucas' cinematic epic "Star Wars" ends the six-movie series on such a high note that one feels like yelling out, "Rewind!" Yes, rewind through more than 13 hours of bravery, treachery, new worlds, odd creatures and human frailty.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Emerges as the best in the overall series since "The Empire Strikes Back."