7.4

1. Aug 26, 2013
    Great storyline, superb cast, splendid director's work and filming, stylish picture. I'd recommend this to all people who loves movies which stimulate you to think them over. One of the best movies I've ever seen.
  2. Aug 18, 2013
    This movie is a piece of art, It's like a dream. I have watched it several times and each time I've enjoyed it more. The acting is remarkable, especially Ryan Gosling who plays Henry. The directing is super artistic! I felt like I was in a dream when the scenes blurred into each other. The story was brilliant! The ending was so breathtaking and made me stay with the film after it wasThis movie is a piece of art, It's like a dream. I have watched it several times and each time I've enjoyed it more. The acting is remarkable, especially Ryan Gosling who plays Henry. The directing is super artistic! I felt like I was in a dream when the scenes blurred into each other. The story was brilliant! The ending was so breathtaking and made me stay with the film after it was finished. This movie is so deep and some people may not enjoy or understand it completely, but for me 'Stay' is the greatest movie of all time! Expand
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Stay is a strange movie. It has its good things but it also has some bad points. It starts really good and it has too much suspense in the beginning but after a while you get lost in that film. You don't know what is happening and why and it is a bit of strange. However, it has a really good cast and a great cinematography as well as a great direction. The end is really weird and actually the whole movie is pointless as we can see in the end. I was expecting a better thriler with that cast and not such a no-smart ending or as someone may call it ''twist'' Expand
  4. Apr 14, 2013
    ""Sam Foster(Ewan McGregor): If this is a dream, the whole world is inside it.""

If you're looking for an amazing movie that's here:STAY It's a complex but complete movie.I think that the best example for Near Death Experience(NDE) is shown in this movie and it represents us the perspicacity of both director and writer. Every dialog and scene in STAY is important and not only you must listen and watch it but also you should memorize all the details such as background sounds,visages,sentences,names and so on!

Paying attention to what happens could help everyone enjoy the film.

I believe there are some similarities between Orson Welles's TOUCH OF EVIL and STAY in the ways of cinematography.

Ryan Gosling plays appreciable and is the best for his role.His glance makes him and the movie so mysterious.The character of Henry Letham can show us both innocence and guilty in his eyes.Guilty;that he thinks about his personality that made him to say and write "forgive me" again and again.And innocence;that Dr.Sam Foster could find in Henrie's conscience and wanna show to Henry.

The golden globe nominee director Marc Forster has shown that could make such laudable films in different genres like FINDING NEVERLAND,STRANGER THAN FICTION,MONSTER's BALL and KITE RUNNER. It was the first accompaniment between David Benioff and Marc Forster that repeated again in The Kite Runner. I say:what do you want of a complete movie;suspension,good directing,good playing,good music and.... STAY could gather them all. It's not my best 'cause it is always SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION as a respectable one but i've watched STAY about 13times,i think! and every time i've found something new.STAY keeps you in a suspension situation.

STAY, a film that must be watched not just once but twice!
  5. Jan 8, 2013
    Superb, non-typical and breathtakingly beautiful dream-like movie. One of a kind movie and movies like this is hard to find. The story line did not make any sense, only because everything was imagined in Henry's head when he was about to die. It didn't need to, and that makes this movie so special. It really felt like it was in a dream. I thought the casts, script, effects and story lineSuperb, non-typical and breathtakingly beautiful dream-like movie. One of a kind movie and movies like this is hard to find. The story line did not make any sense, only because everything was imagined in Henry's head when he was about to die. It didn't need to, and that makes this movie so special. It really felt like it was in a dream. I thought the casts, script, effects and story line was brilliant. Kudos to director Marc Forster for thinking outside the box. Expand

It's become a tired cliché for characters in "serious" science-fiction movies not to realize they're dead or dying, but Stay as a film doesn't seem to realize that it's dead from the outset, an unconvincing automaton grimly going through the motions.
  2. Eventually I gave up on meaning and began instead to study the profuse imagery -- and also the flat characters and anchorless performances.
    A steaming compost heap of high-art pretense and half-cocked psychoanalysis that almost makes you sorry Nicolas Roeg isn't making pictures anymore.