Struck by Lightning

6.6

1. Sep 5, 2013
    I loved this movie. Great acting, great screenplay. This is Chris' first screenplay, and the wittiness and flow of the movie really surprised me. Everything was well thought out and entertaining. He is a pro already. I can't wait to see what he has in store for the years to come! Also, having Rebel Wilson in any movie makes it worth watching!
  2. Mar 25, 2013
    A strange sort of film. A smart, left-of-centre high school story like Detention, which, although not without it's own faults, was actually entertaining throughout. Instead, here we get earnestness, moralising and a quite underwhelming story with a surprisingly generous handful of cruel twists. Allison Janney is wonderful in quite a meaty role, and Rebel Wilson and Angela Kinsey add muchA strange sort of film. A smart, left-of-centre high school story like Detention, which, although not without it's own faults, was actually entertaining throughout. Instead, here we get earnestness, moralising and a quite underwhelming story with a surprisingly generous handful of cruel twists. Allison Janney is wonderful in quite a meaty role, and Rebel Wilson and Angela Kinsey add much needed spark and humour. I find it odd however that Chris Colfer would write himself a mostly unlikable role; pompous, arrogant, and dismissive of what he could learn from others. Is he supposed to be the hero? By the end, all I could muster was, "really?". Expand
  3. Feb 23, 2013
    You can't help but like Chris Colfer as Carson Phillips. Great supporting cast. Kind of a dark theme, but it works. Very enjoyable. Saw it with my teenage daughter and she was nuts about the movie, she can't wait to get the DVD.

1. Reviewed by: Amanda Mae Meyncke
    Feb 27, 2013
    Struck by Lightning may appeal to fans of Colfer’s work on “Glee,” but as a film it’s utterly lacking in scope, depth or meaning beyond an immediate chuckle or two.
  2. Reviewed by: Sara Stewart
    Jan 10, 2013
    There's also a refreshing lack of wrapping everything up in a neat, happy bow at the end.
  3. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Jan 10, 2013
    While the good outweigh the bad, it's a close race. But what is good, particularly a heartbreaking performance by Allison Janney, is really good, enough so that Colfer emerges as a talent worth watching on the page, not just on the screen.