Swimming Pool

6.5

1. DarlaH.
    Mar 3, 2004
    Actresses did an excellent job, but the movie moved to slowly and was confusing at the end. "Identity" was a better movie than this as far as making you think.
  2. MarkA.
    Jan 29, 2004
    What the hell is this? This movie is just a long plodding story line with a little twist at the end. I think?
  3. Feb 24, 2015
    I very rarely write a bad review, but felt I needed to for this.

I actually forced myself to sit through this, I really wish I hadn't. Apart from the daughter (who is beautiful).. everything else about this film was awful, up there with the worst films I've ever watched, and I've watched some stinkers trust me!! Perhaps I didn't "get it" but I wasted 102 minutes of my life watching
    I very rarely write a bad review, but felt I needed to for this.

Perhaps I didn't "get it" but I wasted 102 minutes of my life watching this, a film of which I add, I had high hopes for.

1. Immersed here in both the fair, dreamy air and chilly, deeper waters, Rampling and Sagnier make Swimming Pool a fine sunlit noir, oozing sensuality and menace.
  2. The narrative logic of Swimming Pool slips through our hands like cool water, shimmery and light-dappled, leaving behind the pleasures of summer heat and goose bumps.
    While not stunningly original, is fresh and compelling enough to hold the viewer's attention through its entire running length.