thinkfilm | Release Date: January 18, 2008
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 39 Ratings
WATCH NOW
BrandenROct 31, 2008
I saw this film after a podcast I listen to, Cinebanter, mentioned it. I caught this on HBO. This movie is tough to watch. It makes you ashamed of your own government. I had to take a short break from the disturbing images in this doc.
PeterKFeb 28, 2008
An invaluable film that documents the flat-out lies and public deceits that the Bush regime (military, White House, and CIA) has used to subvert the fundamentals of the American institution of democracy and over 700 years of English law in An invaluable film that documents the flat-out lies and public deceits that the Bush regime (military, White House, and CIA) has used to subvert the fundamentals of the American institution of democracy and over 700 years of English law in its monomaniacal pursuit of "the bad guys." A small and otherwise unextraordinary taxi driver becomes the focus of an investigation that ultimately uncovers the truth about torture and the Bush regime's need to find scapegoats for 911. The scope of this documentary includes Afghanistan, Iraq, Washington DC and Guantanamo. This truly is a Must-See film, even if it is a documentary. Be ready for disturbing images that include nudity and torture. People, this is about what OUR government has been doing in the name of democracy. Expand
AnthonySNov 3, 2008
This is an incredibly moving documentary. At one point I burst into tears out of shame for my country and sadness for Delawar's death. I would force every supporter of torture to see this film before they attempt to justify such inhumanity.
DaveFeb 22, 2008
Great film, can't really say I'm surprised by what was presented in the film. Roger Ebert really hit the nail on the head. January 2009 can't get here soon enough and we can finally be rid of this corrupt administration!
AgathaXMar 21, 2008
I did not want to go see this movie, and in truth I spent substantial amounts of time with my eyes hidden. But everyone needs to see this documentary, for the only thing it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing. It was an I did not want to go see this movie, and in truth I spent substantial amounts of time with my eyes hidden. But everyone needs to see this documentary, for the only thing it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing. It was an exquisite and deeply patriotic movie. A call to action. Expand
JayHSep 18, 2008
Bush is such a lying scumbag. How can America allow him to stay in office? How could so many people be so stupid to vote for him? Moving, infuriating documentary, superbly pieced together and well researched. Amazing.
ERG1008Aug 23, 2010
Documentary about a taxi driver from Afghanistan that was captured by the US, taken prisoner & tortured to his death.
With a subject like this it's always going to be a rough ride & this film certainly doesn't shy away from anything making it hard-going at points.
At the same time, it's very well put together, powerful & very interesting.
drlowdonOct 29, 2014
Using the capture, torture and subsequent death of a seemingly innocent Afghanistani taxi-driver as a starting point, Taxi to the Dark Side, explores the United States treatment of prisoners during the so called 'war on terror' instigated byUsing the capture, torture and subsequent death of a seemingly innocent Afghanistani taxi-driver as a starting point, Taxi to the Dark Side, explores the United States treatment of prisoners during the so called 'war on terror' instigated by George W Bush and his administration during the mid 2000's.

Filmmaker Alex Gibney never shy's away from asking people the tough questions and his interviews with those involved in the torture, and experts on interrogation, reveals the shocking truth about what went on in Parwan Detention Facility and Guantanamo Bay. With its subject nature, and use of disturbing imagery to illustrate its case, Taxi to the Dark Side is not an easy watch in places but anyone in any doubt as to the use of torture in warfare needs to see this film.