7.0

1. Nov 18, 2012
    This movie was incredibly boring unless you think smoking pot,and having sex is funny. With such a heavy reliance on pop culture this movie will drift into meaninglessness in a mater on months. I find it surprising that some many reviewer though that this had any real substance because I can't see any, other than some mediocre animations.
  2. Aug 6, 2012
    Ted is one of the best comedy's I have ever seen. One of the reasons why is because it is made by Seth McFarlane who is responsible for Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show. The thing Seth McFarlane does in his shows is that he makes things so unexpected and ridiculous that it makes it hilarious for viewers to watch. Ted doesnt change any of that this movie has someTed is one of the best comedy's I have ever seen. One of the reasons why is because it is made by Seth McFarlane who is responsible for Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show. The thing Seth McFarlane does in his shows is that he makes things so unexpected and ridiculous that it makes it hilarious for viewers to watch. Ted doesnt change any of that this movie has some over-the-top ridiculous things in it and will make everyone laugh for days after they have watched it. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2012
    Ted is considered as one of the best comedy of this year. Yet again, I am finding it a little bit difficult to connect with its American style humor though. For all it
  4. Jul 18, 2012
    I personally HATE Family Guy, but I quite enjoyed this movie. Its the kinda humor you would expect and as far as it goes its pretty well done but a tad predictable. Fun movie.
  5. Jan 30, 2013
    I really didn't want to like this movie, we all knew it would be pop-cultured Family Guy jokes that we had heard before...it was...but it was still funny.
    A young child makes a wish that his teddy bear will come to life, so that they can be best friends forever.
    27 years later, the grown up John (the return of COMEDIC Mark Whalberg, seriously, why does this guy not do more comedies?) is living with his has been, drug-riddled bear 'Ted' (vocied by director and writer Seth MacFarlane) who spends his day smoking and drinking an watching TV, doesn't sound funny? Well its really the chemistry that Whalberg can have with something that isn't actually there, that is impressive and credit to him, but the constant back and forth between the two, talking about Flash Gordon, rightfully dissing Adam Sandler, but most of all, the film simply keeps throwing more and more towards you, never taking its foot off the throttle, sure, its a typical tale of a guy's best friend being in the way of a blossoming relationship with a girl (played by the beautiful Mila Kunis) but its the absurdity of the situation that makes it that much more entertaining.
    It is perhaps the crude jokes that are the funniest, but what needs to be remembered is this is MacFarlane at the helm, its his duty and probably favourite pastime is to poke fun at the ridiculous world we live in..and why not to it through a Peter Griffin-sounding plush bear? (Yes, this is referenced in the film)
    It's not a brilliant piece of cinema, but if you know Seth MacFarlane's mind and you know what he is setting out to do, this could be the most enjoyable film of 2012, there even does come a time when emotion can be felt from the film, it definitely has an original twist on a familiar story, but absolutely worth a look
  6. Jul 12, 2012
    For those who love Family Guy humour, Ted is right up your alley. It's hilarious. There's a lot of racist and religious jokes and what not, but it's a Seth MacFarlane movie - don't go watch it if you know what you're getting into.
  7. Jul 30, 2012
    This movie is close to an instant classic, laughed my ass off for the majority of the movie. Good times all around, overall solid movie Seth Macfarlane
  8. Nov 29, 2012
    Ted was maybe the funniest movie I've seen all year. Mark Wahlberg played a pretty good role but Mila Kunis and Seth MacFarlane (as Ted) steal the show. Mila is absolutely stunning as usual and MacFarlane's sense of humor is so deranged that you can't help but find it hilarious. This definitely isn't a movie for everyone. It's incredibly vulgar and some people might be offended by a lot ofTed was maybe the funniest movie I've seen all year. Mark Wahlberg played a pretty good role but Mila Kunis and Seth MacFarlane (as Ted) steal the show. Mila is absolutely stunning as usual and MacFarlane's sense of humor is so deranged that you can't help but find it hilarious. This definitely isn't a movie for everyone. It's incredibly vulgar and some people might be offended by a lot of the content. Nonetheless, if you're like me and don't really care about any of that stuff, I think you'd love this movie. Expand
  9. Feb 22, 2013
    Even though Ted is a Seth MacFarlane movie, I was hesitant to see it. A thirty year old guy who lives with his foul mouthed teddy bear?! I was expecting another Paul, but MacFarlane isn't British, and THIS film was hysterical. Ted is a raunchy real life living teddy bear, who combines the traits of every MacFarlane character. It was pretty awesome, sometimes you saw him as Peter, otherEven though Ted is a Seth MacFarlane movie, I was hesitant to see it. A thirty year old guy who lives with his foul mouthed teddy bear?! I was expecting another Paul, but MacFarlane isn't British, and THIS film was hysterical. Ted is a raunchy real life living teddy bear, who combines the traits of every MacFarlane character. It was pretty awesome, sometimes you saw him as Peter, other times Brian, and so on. The real surprise of this film was Mark Wahlberg. I can't remember ever seeing him in a comedy and I wasn't sure his rather dry personality would work with MacFarlane's brand of humor, but he fit in like he's been doing this for years. I mean he was Marky Mark, he must have some personality in there somewhere! As for the story, it's not much different than a really good episode of Family Guy. Of course, it a lot more raunchy and it's not animated, but there are certainly many parallels, and defiantly some hysterical lines. It's not the kind of film I usually go for, at points, it's more than a little stupid, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I laughed my ass off throughout the film. Expand
  10. Nov 10, 2012
    Fairy tale for adults. And a great, Family-Guy-ish story of friendship. Seth McFarlane in good form, although not so witty as always. Very watchable movie.
  11. Aug 24, 2014
    A funny movie for at least one round of good laughs. Lots of goofing around between guys, immature jokes and good reactions from Lori (Mila Kunis).

The plot itself is fairly unique, featuring a teddy bear who magically comes alive and remains a life-long friend of a lonely boy-turned-man. That friendship isn't easily shaken - not even when John (Mark Wahlberg) needs to choose between his thunder-buddy and hot girlfriend. He truly tries, but Ted is a bad influence on him.

Many familiar voices from MacFarlane's other projects are present. Guy's (Patrick Warburton) character was definitely my favorite.
  12. Dec 2, 2012
    Besides a few Family Guy like moments, It was actually a pretty original and funny film. I laughed out loud quite a few times while watching it. Doesn't matter if you are a fan of Family Guy or not, You should definently give this movie a chance.
  13. Jan 2, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of family guy and when I saw the trailer for Seth MacFarlane's first film Ted, I immediately had high hopes for it, and I was not disappointed. Ted is the story of John who as a child wished for his teddy bear to come to life and thanks to miracle, his wish came true. It's ironic how that could have been the set up to very sweet and charming film about a boy and his teddyI'm a huge fan of family guy and when I saw the trailer for Seth MacFarlane's first film Ted, I immediately had high hopes for it, and I was not disappointed. Ted is the story of John who as a child wished for his teddy bear to come to life and thanks to miracle, his wish came true. It's ironic how that could have been the set up to very sweet and charming film about a boy and his teddy bear but instead we have Ted, an incredibly funny and incredibly daring film. Obviously, the star of this film is the bear himself: Ted, voiced by Seth MacFarlane, his voice work combined with the brilliant writing is where most of the jokes come from in this film. It's a hilarious screenplay full of celebrity cameos, pop culture references and very daring jokes that make this film definitely not for everyone. It's the style of humour we see in Family Guy brought to the big screen and it's done very well, Seth MacFarlane shows that he is a great director here and I look forward to seeing what he does next. There is strong story to Ted, mainly down to it's characters. Mark Wahlberg does a great job at playing John and him and Ted have a great bromance going on, throw in Mila Kunis as Lori and you've got a trio that are great fun to watch. Despite it seeming a little out of character for John to be holding down a serious long term relationship with a girl like Lori, the two work really well together. The supporting cast are good and have their funny moments, they're not particularly memorable compared to the main characters. My main problem with Ted is that I feel like there could easily have been more of it, what is in the film is great but there are multiple aspects that seem like they're going somewhere but turn out to be nothing, and some potentially funny situations happen off screen, missing out on what could have been a funny scene. Overall, Ted is just what I thought it would be, a daring yet hilarious comedy that knows exactly what it wants to be, it has a few flaws but nothing that didn't stop me enjoying it. Ted is an excellent comedy and if you're a fan of Seth MacFarlane's cartoons then you'll love Ted. Expand
  14. Sep 3, 2014
    The concept of Ted is something only Seth MacFarlane would come up--and rightfully so, he'd be the only man to make it work. It certainly does. I'd recommend lessening some of the profanity to allow the audience to better connect.
  15. Feb 16, 2013
    Ted is nothing more than a juvenile film with crude and mostly unfunny sex jokes. The movie is over the top punctuated by a few bright spots here and there. It seemed like Seth MacFarlane wrote down any stupid joke that came to mind and threw it all together.
  16. Feb 17, 2013
    If this was supposed to be one of the best comedies of the year, that is sad, because it was hardly amusing at all. Instead of having jokes naturally flow with the script they seemed so placed. Decent acting and a somewhat lively car chase scene are what saves this movie.
  17. Jan 5, 2013
    I was quite disappointed with Ted to be truthful. I actually found that Ted became slightly annoying as the movie went on, which is a pretty major problem. The script is packed with Family Guy style lines for Ted, but I found them to be very hit and miss, even more so once Ted began to grate on me. That's not to say that Ted doesn't have some very funny moments and nice touches. ForI was quite disappointed with Ted to be truthful. I actually found that Ted became slightly annoying as the movie went on, which is a pretty major problem. The script is packed with Family Guy style lines for Ted, but I found them to be very hit and miss, even more so once Ted began to grate on me. That's not to say that Ted doesn't have some very funny moments and nice touches. For instance, it begins with nods to magical Christmas films as Patrick Stewart narrates John's Christmas wish as the camera pans over the neighbourhood at night to witness a shooting star. I also liked the way that Macfarlane made the magic of Ted visible to all and that Ted had become an overnight celebrity before his novelty and popularity wore off. It's a refreshing but necessary take on the traditional children's magic tale. Overall, it's a shame I didn't enjoy the film more as Mark Wahlberg plays the role of the lazy, childish grown-up well and also shows a good handle for the comedy aspect. Expand
  18. Aug 20, 2012
    Not intended for the faint hearted, Ted is without a doubt an instant comedy classic, it takes the cliche family movie and flips it on it's head, taking the various talents at adult cartoon creator Seth Macfarlane's disposal and rolling them together for a showcase of his comedic ability.
    Ted is a stoner movie at heart, with our introduction to Ted being his diluted eyeballs as he breathes through a bong, this is sure to astound and offend few, while the rest of the audience is doubled in laughter.
  19. Sep 3, 2012
    It seems that in the last few years it has become "popular" to hate Seth MacFarlane, it's sad, but true. Writers, artists and common people alike seem to either hate him or love him. Seth MacFarlane has abrand of humor you either get and appreciate or hate and loathe. I have always liked Seth MacFarlane, because his brand of humor is a lot like mine, his throught process, the way he talksIt seems that in the last few years it has become "popular" to hate Seth MacFarlane, it's sad, but true. Writers, artists and common people alike seem to either hate him or love him. Seth MacFarlane has abrand of humor you either get and appreciate or hate and loathe. I have always liked Seth MacFarlane, because his brand of humor is a lot like mine, his throught process, the way he talks and writes, I can connect to that, I understand him and that makes him even more appealing to me.

"Ted" is about the story of a boy and his teddy bear. Wishing upon a magical Christmas star, a young man is granted a gift to bring his teddy bear to life. Starting off as a local and eventually global celebrity, Ted and his owner eventually grow up and become "adults". This story has a lot of wonderful meanings to it, as wel as a lot of fun jokes and considerations for everyone to appreciate. Don't ever give up on your inner child and never let go of your best friend, no matter what.
  20. Jul 26, 2012
    If Mark Wahlberg smoking pot with a Teddy bear (vioced by Seth Macfarlane) is something that might interest you, then you should check this movie out.
  21. Sep 30, 2012
    "Ted" is funny as hell, original, it has great dialogues, and it is surprisingly dramatic in some scenes. Never before in a film,a character made by a computer seemed so real and human as ted, at the end of the movie he is just like a person, he is a three-dimensional character. Mark Wahlberg and the entire cast is great, the family guyisch humor is so funny and the ending is fantastic."Ted" is funny as hell, original, it has great dialogues, and it is surprisingly dramatic in some scenes. Never before in a film,a character made by a computer seemed so real and human as ted, at the end of the movie he is just like a person, he is a three-dimensional character. Mark Wahlberg and the entire cast is great, the family guyisch humor is so funny and the ending is fantastic. Ted is awesome! Expand
  22. Nov 13, 2012
    Honestly, I was hoping that Seth's directional debut would be so wonderful that it would gather a lot of praise and appreciation but things didn't work out the way they should have. Ted is not a terrible movie but it isn't a great one either. Some jokes are new, some jokes are funny, some are old as crap and they don't even make you laugh. Seth MacFarlane has put an effort in this film butHonestly, I was hoping that Seth's directional debut would be so wonderful that it would gather a lot of praise and appreciation but things didn't work out the way they should have. Ted is not a terrible movie but it isn't a great one either. Some jokes are new, some jokes are funny, some are old as crap and they don't even make you laugh. Seth MacFarlane has put an effort in this film but the outcome isn't ideal. Not the worst directional debut because you can still enjoy this film if you are familiar with Ted's work such as Family Guy. A few of the scenes are really good and those are the things that keep this film from falling apart. Ryan Reynolds' cameo is pretty amazing as well as Joel McHale's acting, it's funny. The fight between Ted and Bennet (Mark Wahlberg) is one of the funniest things about this film. The narration by Patrick Stewart is a clever thing to do when you have even a slightest bit of idea that your movie might not do good. Overall, Ted is a good movie with still enjoyable jokes and little emotions. Expand
  23. Jul 16, 2012
    Ted is far away from the fun in Family Guy or American Dad. At this point the movie has a rating of 7.7 at imdb and that´s totally overrated. It is a typically hollywood story with a car chase and at first safd but then happy ending. the jokes are meh, not really new except 2 or 3 in 100 Minutes. The rest is all been there before in other movies or series and the voice of SethTed is far away from the fun in Family Guy or American Dad. At this point the movie has a rating of 7.7 at imdb and that´s totally overrated. It is a typically hollywood story with a car chase and at first safd but then happy ending. the jokes are meh, not really new except 2 or 3 in 100 Minutes. The rest is all been there before in other movies or series and the voice of Seth doesn´t help much to it. I was hoping for more, when i saw the rating on imdb before i saw ted, but it was quite a dissapointment, I think Seth did not want to risk too much in his first multi million dollar production and kept it quite comercial and mass apealed. Maybe the next one will keep up to what Mc Farlane is capable of. I rate this 6.2. Saw 21 jump Street two days ago and found it funnier. But both not worth cinema tickets on my oppinion. Expand
  24. Sep 12, 2012
    I'm a fan in general of the Family Guy series so I had high hopes for this, but it just never seemed to engage me. The jokes arent funny enough and the plot about the obsessed fan isnt really needed and really drags the last third of the family. There are some high spots, including an excellent fight scene and a pretty funny cameo but I found myself bored and not really enjoying the filmI'm a fan in general of the Family Guy series so I had high hopes for this, but it just never seemed to engage me. The jokes arent funny enough and the plot about the obsessed fan isnt really needed and really drags the last third of the family. There are some high spots, including an excellent fight scene and a pretty funny cameo but I found myself bored and not really enjoying the film at the halfway point. Its not crude enough to be a great shock comedy and its too risque to be an enjoyable coming of age comedy and as such falls somewhere uncomfortable between. Expand
  25. Jul 14, 2012
    I am not a big fan of Family Guy and raunchiness isn't my preferred form of comedy, but it was a very funny film. The pacing is inconsistent and the story line isn't necessarily original, but I forget most of its flaws because of its funny script and genuine likableness.
  26. rjj
    Jul 14, 2012
    eyes watered it was funny then funnyKnicksfan7 Jun 29, 201210 I fi had to define this movie in two words, they would be hilariously awesome. Ted was just plain great, great story, great acting, hilarious jokes, and just an overally great feel to the film. Unlike many comedies nowadays this one actually gets you to care for the characters. Ted was just a great film. If you don't enjoy crudeeyes watered it was funny then funnyKnicksfan7 Jun 29, 201210 I fi had to define this movie in two words, they would be hilariously awesome. Ted was just plain great, great story, great acting, hilarious jokes, and just an overally great feel to the film. Unlike many comedies nowadays this one actually gets you to care for the characters. Ted was just a great film. If you don't enjoy crude humour then you won't enjoy this at all. Every joke involved is crude, from rascist jokes, to smoking and drinking, to fat jokes, to every kind of crudeness you can think of, but what you have to realize though, is its a joke, nothing more, and frankly i found it absolutely hilarious, i was crying because i was laughing so hard. Ted gets a 10/10 for me, if you don't like crude then stay away, if you don't mind crude then you're sure to have a damn good time. Expand
  27. Jul 17, 2012
    One of my main concerns before seeing the film was that the shock of hearing a teddy bear drop the F-bomb would get old, but it never does. "Ted" is absolutely hilarious, as I would have expected from Mr. Seth Macfarlane himself. It was very enjoyable and never boring, and has the odd quality of using dumb jokes in an intelligent way.
  28. Jul 17, 2012
    This movie is intelligent, funny, entertaining, and strangely heartfelt. Even if it is about a swearing eddy bear, i can say without a doubt that "Ted" delivers.
  29. Jul 18, 2012
    I was generally looking forward to Ted. I'm not the biggest Family Guy fan in the world, but I do like MacFarlane's humor and Wahlberg was funny in The Other Guys. While Ted has its moments of pure comic genius, as well as a decent amount of chuckles, it is nothing special. There were several points of the film that dragged, or the filmmakers felt the need to insert a fart joke. But slowI was generally looking forward to Ted. I'm not the biggest Family Guy fan in the world, but I do like MacFarlane's humor and Wahlberg was funny in The Other Guys. While Ted has its moments of pure comic genius, as well as a decent amount of chuckles, it is nothing special. There were several points of the film that dragged, or the filmmakers felt the need to insert a fart joke. But slow parts and lack of more than three laugh out loud moments, the film was funny and had a heart, too. Not that bad from a foul mouthed teddy bear. Expand
  30. Aug 24, 2012
    It was a funny film in places and a little bit serious in others. Very similar to Family Guy in style but not in quality. The TV show is leagues ahead of this film. Could have been better but could have been a lot worse. Worth a viewing, especially if you are up to date with some 80s knowledge.
  31. Aug 8, 2012
    'Ted' is not only about the guy and his friendship with the teddy bear. Additionally it's also a love story between the guy and the girl. Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis are a sweet couple, but their relationship is just fake and you notice that in every second they're together on the screen. The movie fails in every second it tries to be more than dumb comedy. BUT: 'Ted' is extremely funny!'Ted' is not only about the guy and his friendship with the teddy bear. Additionally it's also a love story between the guy and the girl. Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis are a sweet couple, but their relationship is just fake and you notice that in every second they're together on the screen. The movie fails in every second it tries to be more than dumb comedy. BUT: 'Ted' is extremely funny! I can't remember me laughing my ass off so hard like when seeing this movie! Ted, the narrator and some supporting actors are really funny, Wahlberg and Kunis are just disappointing. Expand
  32. Jul 22, 2012
    Unfortunately Ted was about what I expected from the trailer. I won't lie, the movie definitely had it's moments but overall it was more miss than hit. You can only use a joke so many times before it just becomes stale. Ted was great. Anytime he was onscreen you were sure to laugh but it just felt like he didn't have as much screen time as Mark Whalberg and Mila Kunis which is weirdUnfortunately Ted was about what I expected from the trailer. I won't lie, the movie definitely had it's moments but overall it was more miss than hit. You can only use a joke so many times before it just becomes stale. Ted was great. Anytime he was onscreen you were sure to laugh but it just felt like he didn't have as much screen time as Mark Whalberg and Mila Kunis which is weird because, you know, the movie is kinda named after him. Whalberg and Kunis just weren't that funny together. I'm officially done with Whalberg in the comedy movies. I mean he can be really funny, but apparently only in small parts. After The Other Guys and now Ted, I'm ready for him to get back to what does best - action. I don't understand how people can claim this is the best comedy of the year. Those people clearly have not seen 21 Jump Street or Project X. Hell, I laughed harder during one scene in Brave than I did throughout the entire movie of Ted. That's not a good sign. I liked the character of Ted. He was always funny and the animation for him was amazing (You sometimes forget he's not a real teddy bear). The cameos where also great but overall I was expecting something much more from the creator of Family Guy. I think Seth McFarlane could do really well as a live action director, but unfortunately this movie just didn't do much for me.

So if you really liked the trailer I think you'll really like the movie because the trailer is a perfect example of how the movie is. Unfortunately for those of you hoping the movie would be better than the trailer, I'm sorry to say it isn't.
  33. Jul 23, 2012
    In giving this a zero, I am giving it too high of a rating. It really deserves a negative number. This movie was nothing more than an expose of vulgarity. Its popularity is indicative of the moral deprivation of our society!
  34. Jul 31, 2012
    Ted surprised me. I thought it was going to be a lame, "family guy" movie. Turns out, it's not. Ted is mostly funny throughout the movie; however; for people who are looking for any serious action flicks or take movies quite seriously, avoid this at all costs. Ted does not take itself seriously, and wants to give a good time. Mark Wahlberg was surprisingly good in this film, consideringTed surprised me. I thought it was going to be a lame, "family guy" movie. Turns out, it's not. Ted is mostly funny throughout the movie; however; for people who are looking for any serious action flicks or take movies quite seriously, avoid this at all costs. Ted does not take itself seriously, and wants to give a good time. Mark Wahlberg was surprisingly good in this film, considering he's usually playing in action films such as "Shooter" or "The Other Guys". I took two points off, mainly because of the predictable plot and the somewhat disappointing ending it left. Overall, I would recommend this movie to just about anybody: Word of caution: DO NOT TAKE THIS MOVIE, SERIOUSLY. I know I keep reminding, but it's to help you with your decision of whether to watch or avoid it. Expand
  35. Aug 1, 2012
    I found this movie to be really funny and enjoyable to watch. The story is well paced and the jokes are funny (but lowbrow) and their was a special cameo in this movie that just made me laugh out loud.
  36. Aug 11, 2012
    As a fan of Family Guy and American Dad I had quite expectations for Ted, even if I knew that it would be just another movie with not-at-all-new jokes a 13-year old would laugh his *** off. The only thing that was new about it was the bear. The things that make a comedy movie (the jokes and the dialogues) were so damn old. How is it possible that there is no real comedy anymore in cinemas.As a fan of Family Guy and American Dad I had quite expectations for Ted, even if I knew that it would be just another movie with not-at-all-new jokes a 13-year old would laugh his *** off. The only thing that was new about it was the bear. The things that make a comedy movie (the jokes and the dialogues) were so damn old. How is it possible that there is no real comedy anymore in cinemas. Only these premature jokes about sex and drugs. The only comedy movies that the actual opposite target audience likes are Scary Movie-films, American Pie, The Dictator, Ted, ... .
    This movie was clearly made for teens, even though it's rated R.
  37. Aug 14, 2012
    you can tell that seth macfalane made this from some of the cast down to his style of comedy i knew that this was going to be a good film hope a sequel comes out soon if not maybe put ted in family guy as a guest or even a little nod in one of those random scenes that has somthing to do with what one of the charecters said anyways watch this movie family guy fans you wont regret it
  38. Oct 12, 2012
    Pretty funny... But it did'nt involve me completely. Some jokes are pretty damn good, but then: making fun of Adam Sandler, but include jokes about farts and doo-doo in the same scenes?! Come on...
  39. Aug 31, 2012
    This movie was HORRIBLE. There is nothing redeeming about it, Ted sounds like Peter of the Family Guy (Macfarlane does the voice) which is irritating enough since the same tripe comes out of the bear's mouth as Peter's. I have always thought Macfarlane's modus operandi is as much shock as imagination and talent, this movie proves it. I wasn't offended but insulted that someone would tryThis movie was HORRIBLE. There is nothing redeeming about it, Ted sounds like Peter of the Family Guy (Macfarlane does the voice) which is irritating enough since the same tripe comes out of the bear's mouth as Peter's. I have always thought Macfarlane's modus operandi is as much shock as imagination and talent, this movie proves it. I wasn't offended but insulted that someone would try to pass off something so lazy, and at times mean spirited, as a movie. I must admit I am scratching my head over critics such as Travers over at Rolling Stone claiming it's gut bustingly funny...it isn't, it's mind bendingly banal punctuated by vulgarity. Expand
  40. Sep 10, 2012
    Funniest movie out there, the random family guy related jokes, You guys saw this coming. Their is no reason to hate this movie. Seth macfarlane has outdone himself from the jokes which you guys had coming, and to all the people that hated it, i saw no proof in why its bad all i heard was that you just hated it, sure theirs some race make funs, but thats how its funny! Just love the jokesFunniest movie out there, the random family guy related jokes, You guys saw this coming. Their is no reason to hate this movie. Seth macfarlane has outdone himself from the jokes which you guys had coming, and to all the people that hated it, i saw no proof in why its bad all i heard was that you just hated it, sure theirs some race make funs, but thats how its funny! Just love the jokes and dont make an argument Expand
  41. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked this film because it has dirty jokes and funny humor on every scene was just funny if you Expand
  42. Nov 9, 2012
    It's not remarkably original, but it has enough laughs to progress the story. The best parts of the film are all the film references and the elaborate fight scene.
  43. Dec 20, 2012
    Grade: C+

This isn't a serious movie. It's not supposed to be held to HIGH EXPECTATIONS! It's cynical, and downright vulgar. For one reason or another, I enjoyed it. i should be ashamed, but I'm not. Who cares?
  44. Oct 29, 2012
    "Ted" is almost an exercise polarized. On one side is an entertaining comedy of a talking bear and delivers a humorous bonhomie on his filial relationship with his best friend, that through the years it becomes so complicated that both mature. It's in a fictional foundation but has a poignant allegory hitting with a frenetic modern humor. On the other hand, is a representation somewhat"Ted" is almost an exercise polarized. On one side is an entertaining comedy of a talking bear and delivers a humorous bonhomie on his filial relationship with his best friend, that through the years it becomes so complicated that both mature. It's in a fictional foundation but has a poignant allegory hitting with a frenetic modern humor. On the other hand, is a representation somewhat stupid, unoriginal and disorderly: a comedy that delivers a humorous mood but nothing substantial. Expand
  45. Nov 5, 2012
    Never has a comedy been so rambunctious and random, yet felt so real and relatable. As a fan of Family Guy, it may be a given I like Ted, but Seth MacFarlane here has proved the big screen isn't too big for him and his crew of crazy people to handle. He could be the next Judd Apatow.
  46. Nov 7, 2012
    This film is so hilarius so politically scorret. it's the most politically scorret movie since borat and the funniest movie in years, but not perfect
  47. Aug 18, 2013
    I`t has it`s moments but nothing great. I could not help but hope the first few minutes would speed up. Like another person said it`s a comedy so ask your self if you found anything to laugh at, and I have to say i did, so it wasn`t bad.The movie may have A Teddy Bear but it is not for kids, you should know this right from the trailers.
  48. Nov 28, 2012
    A very hysterically written, proficiently directed comedy film. MacFarlane should definitely be allowed to helm future projects.
  49. Dec 21, 2012
    I really like TED... HAHA
    It's one of the funniest and coolest movies I've seen. But it has its flaws right? HAHA

haha.
  50. Apr 5, 2013
    Ted feels like just another MacFarlane cartoon. Except, it's not a cartoon, and that is really what's wrong with it. This movie clearly demonstrates just how unfamiliar MacFarlane is with making a real life movie. It'S one sketch cutting to the next. Over and over. until the movie ends. Faaaar to many 80s referencesconsidering the traget audience is more familiar with the 90s. BUT, that'sTed feels like just another MacFarlane cartoon. Except, it's not a cartoon, and that is really what's wrong with it. This movie clearly demonstrates just how unfamiliar MacFarlane is with making a real life movie. It'S one sketch cutting to the next. Over and over. until the movie ends. Faaaar to many 80s referencesconsidering the traget audience is more familiar with the 90s. BUT, that's where my criticism ends. Ted is extremely fun to watch and all of the characters just are so well presented and likable. Ted is basically just Peter Griffin as a teddy bear, just slightly smarter.

Overall:
    Ted is a fun movie to watch and it will have you laughing. While the direction is a bit rough around the edges, it is MacFarlane's first full live action movie so it can be forgiven for that.
  51. Jan 19, 2013
    Breathtakingly bad. In fact "bad" doesn't begin to describe it. Another story about a 40-year old dimwitted loser with no ambition or self-awareness. Ok, we get it; it's already been done, countless times. Move on. Why decent talent would associate with such garbage is incomprehensible. Filthy, childish, violent, full of cliches, and dull beyond belief. To say that this appeals toBreathtakingly bad. In fact "bad" doesn't begin to describe it. Another story about a 40-year old dimwitted loser with no ambition or self-awareness. Ok, we get it; it's already been done, countless times. Move on. Why decent talent would associate with such garbage is incomprehensible. Filthy, childish, violent, full of cliches, and dull beyond belief. To say that this appeals to pubescent boys is an insult to pubescent boys. It's impossible to determine the demographic for which this was intended. Movie critics like the pustule Ebert possibly. I guess this "Seth" guy does TV shows. He should stick to that vehicle and stay away from cinema, which is obviously beyond his intellectual capability. Expand
  52. Dec 28, 2012
    Welcome to family guy the movie. Seth Macfarlane is a real huge fan of making things talk that wouldn't normally talk. It's good some cheap laughs in it, but nothing more really. Good if you want a quick and easy comedy that you don't want to think about, otherwise I'd say avoid it. Bump it up to a 7 or 8 if you watch it high.
  53. Jan 27, 2013
    Now before you read this I would like you to know I am not a fan of family guy.

Now before you read this I would like you to know I am not a fan of family guy.

This movie was funny. I'll admit it. it made me laugh out loud many times as a comedic movie should. However, though its comedic value was more than satisfactory the grandeur of the plot through the kidnapping. It was expected and unjust for the movie. It did not flow through well and brought the movie down to a 5 for me in the end. I think people should watch this movie but don't watch the last 30 minutes.
  54. Jan 16, 2013
    How do i even start i bought this because i heard people saying how funny it was and you have to see it NO you should not buy this movie the story is Rubbish the comedy is mind numbing and boring i found myself fast forwarding to find any part of this movie that was good the only part i liked was patrick stuarts narrations but i feel he should not be associated with this movie because hesHow do i even start i bought this because i heard people saying how funny it was and you have to see it NO you should not buy this movie the story is Rubbish the comedy is mind numbing and boring i found myself fast forwarding to find any part of this movie that was good the only part i liked was patrick stuarts narrations but i feel he should not be associated with this movie because hes too good an actor in short worst film i have ever bought and seen Expand
  55. Dec 13, 2013
    Perfect to have a good time. A light movie with an interesting idea that will make to laugh at times. It gets better as the movie progresses, which is always good. There are some vulgar moments though. But it also has a heart. It´s a pretty good balance. Watching Ryan Reynolds kissing a man is always an incentive too
  56. Jan 20, 2013
    Funniness: 4/10 Story: 6/10 Characters: 5/10 = 5 (average)
    Funniness: 4/10 Story: 6/10 Characters: 5/10 = 5 (average)
    Oh god. This film. This film everybody. This film. Is quiet bad. Many of my friends said to me 'Watch Ted it's so funny' So I watched it. And it weren't funny. The beginning was well written I will admit. But it got worst and worst as the minutes ticked. To be honest 2 words would describe this film amazingly. 'Seth MacFarlane' or 'Family Guy'! Other words ****
  57. Jan 31, 2013
    This movie is a great comedy. It is very dirty minded so if you don't like that then stay away from it. Definitely recommend watching it. BTW it isn't a kids movie just because there is a teddy bear.
  58. Feb 14, 2013
    Ted is a decent movie at best, and I mean at the very best. I don't really like Seth's cartoons such as family guy but decided to give this a chance. I didn't really see why everyone thought this was so funny. I only had a few laugh out loud moments and that was near the end of the movie. The beginning and middle aren't that good but they ramp it up at the end. Don't bother buying thisTed is a decent movie at best, and I mean at the very best. I don't really like Seth's cartoons such as family guy but decided to give this a chance. I didn't really see why everyone thought this was so funny. I only had a few laugh out loud moments and that was near the end of the movie. The beginning and middle aren't that good but they ramp it up at the end. Don't bother buying this movie. It isn't a must watch either. I can't really recommend this to anyone but hardcore family guy fans. Expand
  59. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ted is every single thing a Family Guy fan wants, and its also for people who don't like Family Guy. So, this movie is about Johnny who wishes his teddy to come to life. And when Teddy comes alive he becomes a international sensation and a best friend to his master, but eventually Teddy grows up and changes happen. Big changes. Johnny meets a girl and hangs with her for 4 years and now she wants marriage and Teddy has to move out. Teddy gets wild with his scrounged life and expects Johhny to join it. But his girlfriend is very serious about family business. And so, this crazy wild romp ride gets in sugarplum in its plot. Ted is the best comedy of 2012 and maybe the best ever made. Why should you watch it? Because its damn funny. I love Ted, it's a new creation that Seth McFarlane has created with a mix of wild condiments and, hey! Mila Kunis! The farty jokes were compelling and funny, the acting was great probably the best of 2012. Ted Is Real. Expand
  60. Feb 18, 2013
    To me Ted is one of the best examples of a typical Hollywood comedy. I think most people got to see it because it's Seth McFarlane who made it. So it's not weird to expect something as funny as Family Guy. Well, i just couldn't laugh my pants off. I DID enjoy the movie but that's just because it's somehow entertaining. Same as The Hangover, Paul and Due Date, I think this movie is just,To me Ted is one of the best examples of a typical Hollywood comedy. I think most people got to see it because it's Seth McFarlane who made it. So it's not weird to expect something as funny as Family Guy. Well, i just couldn't laugh my pants off. I DID enjoy the movie but that's just because it's somehow entertaining. Same as The Hangover, Paul and Due Date, I think this movie is just, okay. Just as lame and predictable as most of this kind, but yet, it's enjoyable. And actually there wasn't any moment where I expected it to be more than just enjoyable. Definitely not as funny as Family Guy (most of the time) is, but way less awful than the unnecessary spin-off "The Cleveland Show". If you're chilling with some friends, drinking a cold beer of whatever, go watch it. You'll probably laugh a couple of times. But you're wasting your time if you're expecting a strong and original comedy. Expand
  61. Apr 5, 2013
    i love Mark Wahlberg movies. all of them -well not all of them Max Payne was terrible. but any way i think that Ted is a good movie but the real question is is it a great comedy movie well No i think that the jokes should be better and much more since we have this great character Ted in the movie and i don't know why but i actually felt half-empty after finishing this movie as ai love Mark Wahlberg movies. all of them -well not all of them Max Payne was terrible. but any way i think that Ted is a good movie but the real question is is it a great comedy movie well No i think that the jokes should be better and much more since we have this great character Ted in the movie and i don't know why but i actually felt half-empty after finishing this movie as a comedy movie fan i thought this movie gonna fill me up. but unfortunately it didn't but that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy it but i think it would be a lot lot better if more jokes and more effort were putting into it. Expand
  62. Mar 13, 2013
    There is some really funny moments here, but I thought that it could have been funnier. Mark Wahlberg continues to prove he has the ability to be great in comedies, but I still preferred The Other Guys.
  63. Aug 1, 2013
    American comedies are going to very wrong destination! This movie is probably the worst i've ever seen! Dumb,vulgar,annoying,stupid and boring! I don't want to comment it,because just thinkng about "TED" makes me sick and angry! 0/10 is the highest score this movie deserves without no doubt!
  64. Mar 28, 2013
    This is literally one of the funniest movies I ever watched. I pissed my pants through the whole movie and laughed so hard that Ted is awesome. Ted is not a disappointing movie nor a ''ok'' movie, its pure awesome and funny. I love the Two main actors Mark and Mila in which also make the movie happen.
  65. Apr 12, 2013
    Seth McFarlane's first motion picture is everything you'd expect from Seth. It's humorously raunchy and has a great ensemble of actors like Mark Whalberg, Mila Kunis, and of course, Seth McFarlane. This movie was truly the biggest comedy of 2012. It also brings in some great cameos like the Flash Gordon scene. Boy was that funny. I wish I had more to say about this movie, but its what itSeth McFarlane's first motion picture is everything you'd expect from Seth. It's humorously raunchy and has a great ensemble of actors like Mark Whalberg, Mila Kunis, and of course, Seth McFarlane. This movie was truly the biggest comedy of 2012. It also brings in some great cameos like the Flash Gordon scene. Boy was that funny. I wish I had more to say about this movie, but its what it is. Overall, if you like his other shows like "Family Guy" and "American Dad", then you'll love this hilarious live-action comedy. Expand
  66. Apr 13, 2013
    If you're a fan of Family Guy or American Dad you'll surely love this.This movie had me laughing from the start to the very end but I have to admit some of the jokes in this movie were very predictable and some were just darn right lazy
  67. May 25, 2013
    There's no plot to the movie, let me just clarify that first. Forget the romance-vs.-bromance story since this is merely a film with a series of vignettes presenting the lives of some dude and his foul-mouthed, pot smoking teddy bear. You've probably read this description and immediately thought that this is probably a pile 0f (expletive). But the thing is its not; it may not have a plot,There's no plot to the movie, let me just clarify that first. Forget the romance-vs.-bromance story since this is merely a film with a series of vignettes presenting the lives of some dude and his foul-mouthed, pot smoking teddy bear. You've probably read this description and immediately thought that this is probably a pile 0f (expletive). But the thing is its not; it may not have a plot, there may be too many pop-culture references and the humour may be too vulgar for some but there's no denying that this is a great comedy, the best comedy since 2009s The Hangover and if you like that film then you'll probably like this too. Expand
  68. Rem
    Jun 1, 2014
    I have always enjoyed Seth MacFarlane's sense of humor and in Ted, it's simply oozing Family Guy. While many find the sophomore humor and swearing in Ted rude and childish, I think it's laugh out loud funny. I admit it. However that doesn't help that the final third of the movie falls short as it tries to be more of a serious romance bluff rather than continuing its gold streak of laughsI have always enjoyed Seth MacFarlane's sense of humor and in Ted, it's simply oozing Family Guy. While many find the sophomore humor and swearing in Ted rude and childish, I think it's laugh out loud funny. I admit it. However that doesn't help that the final third of the movie falls short as it tries to be more of a serious romance bluff rather than continuing its gold streak of laughs it started at the beginning of the movie, for that I can say surely. Expand
  69. Jul 29, 2013
    es gracioso, divertido y con una idea aprovechada con el tipico humor de seth macfarlane juntando su buen humor para una buena pelicula, tierna y llena de diversion
  70. May 19, 2013
    This movie looked somewhat good as if it were something like Paul which I enjoyed. But after I saw it in theaters, I was extremely disappointed. It had a poor unoriginal plot, unoriginal jokes, and was no where near remember able. You think it could be OK for about 10 minutes into the movie but then it gets to the point where you want to leave the theater. It had the comedy of an immatureThis movie looked somewhat good as if it were something like Paul which I enjoyed. But after I saw it in theaters, I was extremely disappointed. It had a poor unoriginal plot, unoriginal jokes, and was no where near remember able. You think it could be OK for about 10 minutes into the movie but then it gets to the point where you want to leave the theater. It had the comedy of an immature 9 year old. I don't understand why so many people enjoyed when it was incredibly bad. It was a 2 hour Family Guy episode. Now, I somewhat enjoy Family Guy and you can accept it for some of it's bad jokes but when it's turned into a movie, you just want to ask Seth Macfarlane what the hell was he thinking. Expand
  71. Nov 1, 2013
    Brilliant film packed full of huge laughs with a very strong plot and very good characters. The acting is excellent and the end part is the best! Highly recommend!
  72. Mar 23, 2014
    As low-brow comedies about talking, weed-smoking teddy bears go, this movie is just great. It has solid plot, solid acting and basically solid everything. It's even a bit funny how fresh and well-paced this movie feels while it's basically doing nothing but following movie-making 101. Especially since it has very traditional comedy story structure. But I guess these days if you manage toAs low-brow comedies about talking, weed-smoking teddy bears go, this movie is just great. It has solid plot, solid acting and basically solid everything. It's even a bit funny how fresh and well-paced this movie feels while it's basically doing nothing but following movie-making 101. Especially since it has very traditional comedy story structure. But I guess these days if you manage to make movie that can keep itself together an hour and half it's already nearing brilliance... Expand
  73. Aug 3, 2013
    Ted has to be one of the funniest movies ever made, especially if it's made by Seth MacFarlane, the same guy that created both Family Guy and American Dad.
  74. Aug 13, 2014
    Ok so let me tell you why everyone thing this was a beast of a movie: The ending is good, really good, and when you tell someone about a movie you have seen, you obviously have the ending in mind more than the rest of the movie. Whatever, I think it still wasn't a bad movie at all, i laughed, but i honestly think a movie like this has a very limited audience, maybe teens, but still notOk so let me tell you why everyone thing this was a beast of a movie: The ending is good, really good, and when you tell someone about a movie you have seen, you obviously have the ending in mind more than the rest of the movie. Whatever, I think it still wasn't a bad movie at all, i laughed, but i honestly think a movie like this has a very limited audience, maybe teens, but still not every ''teen'' enjoys this type of comedy...

But yeah i would still watch the movie if i was you reading this review.
  75. Jan 21, 2014
    A hilarious funny movie with unserious content that keeps me laughing! Ted is one of the movies of 2012 that you got to see, because it's so funny and entertaining. The negative part of this movie is that the story is a little misleading, because you really don't know whats going to happen next, but I guess that's just because the creator of Family Guy, Seth Macfarlane directed this movie.A hilarious funny movie with unserious content that keeps me laughing! Ted is one of the movies of 2012 that you got to see, because it's so funny and entertaining. The negative part of this movie is that the story is a little misleading, because you really don't know whats going to happen next, but I guess that's just because the creator of Family Guy, Seth Macfarlane directed this movie. Another bad thing is that the ending could have been more entertaining, because it was a little to "serious" ending, but also that the movie is way more funnier in the first half of the movie, which decreased in the second part.

I would give this movie a 8/10, if it had more unserious humor in the second half of the movie. But I really recommend this movie for everyone that loves Family Guy´s unserious humor!
    Ted gets a 7,5/10
  76. Aug 16, 2013
    Why is everyone ripping on this movie? I thought that it was not only hilarious, but also very smart, which is what sets apart great comedies from good ones. Here we have John Bennett, played by Mark Wahlberg (while he isn't winning any Oscars, he does good comedies), who is stuck in a boyish state of mind, because he's lived his whole life with a teddy-bear. He grew up with Teddy as hisWhy is everyone ripping on this movie? I thought that it was not only hilarious, but also very smart, which is what sets apart great comedies from good ones. Here we have John Bennett, played by Mark Wahlberg (while he isn't winning any Oscars, he does good comedies), who is stuck in a boyish state of mind, because he's lived his whole life with a teddy-bear. He grew up with Teddy as his only friend, and thus feels a loyalty to him. Yet, he also is 4 years into with Lori (Mila Kunis), and she wants him to grow up. We have a fresh and original story here! You constantly see romantic comedies and women who want men to grow up, and how in the end the man somehow becomes a true man and it's a happily ever after story. However, here we have a fresh look at it. Not only that, but the supporting characters are great. John's boss is hilarious, Ted's girlfriend is great, and the scenes with Flash Gordon are so funny. Is it groundbreaking? No. Will it change your life? Of course not. Is it vulgar? Yes. However, if you want to have a good time with friends while also watching a quality movie that will make you laugh but also hits home emotionally? Ted is the best comedy of 2012, and maybe the best comedy of the decade (so far). Expand
  77. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ted doesn't bring anything new to the table, and offers very little to begin with, but it has a heart. The usual Hollywood plot line of the perfect couple that breaks up over something in the man's life and gets back together in the end is predictable, but diverting nonetheless. Expand
  78. Dec 20, 2013
    Ted is funny and very enjoyable. However, it focuses on and gags (even the jokes are somewhat derivative) more than its story and is very predictable.
  79. Feb 15, 2014
    Seth Macfarlane's first feature film is even more raunchy than both family guy and south park combined. The plot was decent and the acting was a two thumbs up. I can't say if a sequel was made that I would watch it, and if their is one I probably wouldn't. But still I found this film to be very funny. Very funny indeed.
  80. Mar 18, 2014
    from the guy who brought us family guy and american dad . Seth MacFarlane is the adult swim king and this movie brought me laughs and joy . i love Seth's directing and writing the script . i heard ted 2 is coming soon in 2015 which i will enjoy and willing to see
  81. Mar 4, 2014
    Basically an extended Family Guy episode under the guise of a rather mediocre and unoriginal plot, but it still works. Chemistry between Wahlberg and Ted and humour are pretty great, and even with the annoying characters, overly long sequences and romcom cliches, it still turns out to be an overall worthwhile feel-good film.
  82. May 4, 2014
    Seth McFarlane is one of the funniest men on earth. Everything he does especially Family Guy and this movie is freaking hilerious. Anybody who loves inappropriate jokes, Seth is your guy
  83. Nov 3, 2014
    Tenía mis dudas sobre esta peli pero fue bastante divertida. Tiene escenas un poco raras que habrá quien no las entienda, pero te ríes, al menos yo me reí. Transmite buen rollo.
  84. Nov 22, 2014
    Seth McFarlane could not have made a better debut to the director chair with Ted. Ted is just hilarious and its a movie I have continued to watch steadily since its release and its still just as enjoyable as the first time I watched it. I was worried that the film received too much hype and wouldn't be able to live up to it but I was so wrong. Ted can pretty much get away with sayingSeth McFarlane could not have made a better debut to the director chair with Ted. Ted is just hilarious and its a movie I have continued to watch steadily since its release and its still just as enjoyable as the first time I watched it. I was worried that the film received too much hype and wouldn't be able to live up to it but I was so wrong. Ted can pretty much get away with saying anything and Mark Wahlberg shows how great he can be in a comedy film. To me comedy is where he should be. Can't wait for the sequel to Ted in 2015! Expand
  85. Nov 10, 2014
  86. Oct 4, 2014
    TED pode até ser engraçado, criativo e emocionante em alguns momentos, mas o seu conceito em geral não surpreende, chegando a ser repulsivo em alguns momentos.
  87. Oct 7, 2014
    Creative, great effects and Mark Wahlberg played the perfect 30 something who has never grown up. The humor is cheap and at times gross and plays to the little 14 year old boy in all of us men. I loved this movie and have watched it more than once. FLASH GORDON RULES!!!
  88. Oct 15, 2014
    I have seen "Ted" in the cinema and I recently watched it at home. How funny is this movie... Enough emotional and realistic movies for a while, Ted drags you along the story and you just can't stop laughing. One of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen!
  89. Dec 13, 2014
    Summary: Ted is an above-average comedy with some funny moments. 52/100 [C]

Summary: Ted is an above-average comedy with some funny moments. 52/100 [C]

Ted is a comedy film written and directed by Seth MacFarlane, starring Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and Seth MacFarlane (as Ted's voice). I was so pumped for this movie and I had very high expectations. Unfortunately, it wasn't as good as I thought. Ted squanders its potential with an uneven, weirdly written script. The simple fact of being a movie about a talking bear is interesting, but this bear is a douchebag and I don't like his voice; MacFarlane's voice is so annoying, his voice just doesn't match with the likable appearance of the bear. As we go, the black humor was tedious, although I'm pretty sure that a huge part of the audience will enjoy the tone of the movie. To me... it's just a too vulgar film.

On the upside, the opening scene is fantastic, very enjoyable and quite touching. I also liked a scene near the last act where Ted and Mark Wahlberg's character are fighting each other, it was hilarious. There's another funny scene where Mila Kunis' character has to lift a piece of crap, and I found it wickedly funny! The special effects are great, the bear looks realistic and its design is so well done. I laughed and had fun with Ted, but I can't say that is a good film! Ted is just a well-acted romantic comedy that has its moments, some of them astonishingly funny. I also liked most of the characters, the cinematography and the camera work. Also, the musical score is jazzy and quite pleasant.

I really wanted to love Ted, but its story is kinda uninteresting and some of the jokes are horrendously offensive. It had potential for being a great PG rated film, but come on... it's directed by Seth MacFarlane, so there will be a lot of profanity and blasphemy in it. It works as a romantic comedy, but it is a very vulgar one to me. The script is filled with boring pop culture references and racist gags. I just can't take this movie seriously. Also, the ending is very silly and predictable. It is a comedy for a very specific audience, I'm sure that fans of MacFarlane's previous work will be satisfied with this one. Anyway, I still give it credit because at least there's chemistry between the characters and it made me laugh at times. [C]

1. Reviewed by: Tony Horkins
    Jul 23, 2012
    A fabulous first live-action effort, combining R-rated hilarity with skilled storytelling as it slips some real heart into the stuffing of a toy bear.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Jul 1, 2012
    It's often convulsively funny.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Jul 1, 2012
    In a universe of Hollywood comedies that seem determined to insult the audience and pander to the basest form of post-adolescent fantasy, Ted feels almost sophisticated.