7.1

1. ScoA.
    Apr 2, 2007
    The worst movie of the year. If Jack Black didn't use the F bomb, he would have no lines.
  2. JohnR.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Not funny at all - from the sophomoric cartoon farting at the beginning - to the lame parody of bad rockers going nowhere - a "This is Spinal Tap" it is not.
  3. KyriakosV.
    Jul 12, 2007
    This movie was a bad idea.Very boring.
  4. KyleR
    Jun 30, 2009
    I didn't really find it that funny... i actually kind of felt bad for jack black and kyle gass' characters, more than finding them funny. also, the ending was awful. really, i can use only one word to describe it: meh.
  5. Sep 14, 2010
    Man this movie sucked. There story could have been written by a 10 year old. Dough i love both Jack Black and Dave Grohl, there is no excuse for this movie. I think turned it off 3 times. I would have called Jack and asked for my money back if it didnt borrow it for free from a friend.
  6. Nov 26, 2011
    It was pretty terrible. Poor acting, Poor music as well and I thought it made for a terrible musical, and the entire film is just so stupid you cant believe that you are actually watching this.
  7. BillS.
    Nov 26, 2006
    Horribly unfunny. Jack Black shouldn't have a career after this.
  8. MattR.
    Nov 26, 2006
    A lame joke that lasts 90 minutes. Jack Black puts in the same performance he's been doing for 10 years, and at this point it's about as funny as watching Saved By The Bell reruns.
  9. PennyS.
    Nov 27, 2006
    I did not laugh once while watching this movie. This is very juvenile humor and is devoid of anything redeming whatsoever.
    Mar 20, 2007
    Jack Black is so overrated. And is he serious about the "Tenacious D" band thing? I saw them play on SNL. Really, its an overplayed joke, right?
  11. BlisterfishCafe
    Mar 30, 2007
    I am a true, hardcore fan of JB. I admire his talent, attitude, and his body of excellent, quite original work. The word "horror" fails to touch the emotion I felt when I watched this film. Didn't make it to the end...this movie is unwatchable. *hangs head in sorrow*.
  12. JordanL.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Gimme a break. There is nothing remotely funny in this movie.
  13. TeriG.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Unquethe worst movie of the year. What a waste of time and money.
  14. RayB.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Jack Black is a mediocre actor at best. However, when he appears in a badly written movie (which he co-wrote) he blows.
  15. BrianR.
    Nov 27, 2006
    A couple of stoners that are wannabe legends in their own minds. Not original. Not funny.
  16. JamieP.
    Nov 27, 2006
    I went into the movie with serious expectations of being entertained by Jack Black. It didn't work. Bad script and bad acting.
  17. LauraB.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Lame, lame, lame. Don't bother. I walked out.
  18. BobShouldice
    Nov 27, 2006
    My 13 year old could write better material than this drivel. Very disappointing.
  19. ElizabethP.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Tenacious D is destined to be a bad movie disaster. There was not one LOL in the movie theater. Blows big time.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Not surprisingly, the pic struggles at times to flesh out even its relatively brief 90-odd-minute duration, but it delivers some genuine if generally low-brow laughs along the way.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    For fans, a crowd-surf over Tenacious D’s best bits. For the unbaptised, a novelty movie of a novelty band, big on spirit but in search of a script.
  3. Sticks to formula but delivers some seriously dumb laughs.