New Line Cinema | Release Date: November 22, 2006
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 161 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ScoA.Apr 2, 2007
The worst movie of the year. If Jack Black didn't use the F bomb, he would have no lines.
0 of 2 users found this helpful
JohnR.Nov 27, 2006
Not funny at all - from the sophomoric cartoon farting at the beginning - to the lame parody of bad rockers going nowhere - a "This is Spinal Tap" it is not.
0 of 5 users found this helpful
KyriakosV.Jul 12, 2007
This movie was a bad idea.Very boring.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
KyleRJun 30, 2009
I didn't really find it that funny... i actually kind of felt bad for jack black and kyle gass' characters, more than finding them funny. also, the ending was awful. really, i can use only one word to describe it: meh.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
SkuggeSep 14, 2010
Man this movie sucked. There story could have been written by a 10 year old. Dough i love both Jack Black and Dave Grohl, there is no excuse for this movie. I think turned it off 3 times. I would have called Jack and asked for my money backMan this movie sucked. There story could have been written by a 10 year old. Dough i love both Jack Black and Dave Grohl, there is no excuse for this movie. I think turned it off 3 times. I would have called Jack and asked for my money back if it didnt borrow it for free from a friend. Expand
asylumspadezNov 26, 2011
It was pretty terrible. Poor acting, Poor music as well and I thought it made for a terrible musical, and the entire film is just so stupid you cant believe that you are actually watching this.
BillS.Nov 26, 2006
Horribly unfunny. Jack Black shouldn't have a career after this.
MattR.Nov 26, 2006
A lame joke that lasts 90 minutes. Jack Black puts in the same performance he's been doing for 10 years, and at this point it's about as funny as watching Saved By The Bell reruns.
PennyS.Nov 27, 2006
I did not laugh once while watching this movie. This is very juvenile humor and is devoid of anything redeming whatsoever.
[Anonymous]Mar 20, 2007
Jack Black is so overrated. And is he serious about the "Tenacious D" band thing? I saw them play on SNL. Really, its an overplayed joke, right?
BlisterfishCafeMar 30, 2007
I am a true, hardcore fan of JB. I admire his talent, attitude, and his body of excellent, quite original work. The word "horror" fails to touch the emotion I felt when I watched this film. Didn't make it to the end...this movie is I am a true, hardcore fan of JB. I admire his talent, attitude, and his body of excellent, quite original work. The word "horror" fails to touch the emotion I felt when I watched this film. Didn't make it to the end...this movie is unwatchable. *hangs head in sorrow*. Expand
JordanL.Nov 27, 2006
Gimme a break. There is nothing remotely funny in this movie.
TeriG.Nov 27, 2006
Unquethe worst movie of the year. What a waste of time and money.
RayB.Nov 27, 2006
Jack Black is a mediocre actor at best. However, when he appears in a badly written movie (which he co-wrote) he blows.
BrianR.Nov 27, 2006
A couple of stoners that are wannabe legends in their own minds. Not original. Not funny.
JamieP.Nov 27, 2006
I went into the movie with serious expectations of being entertained by Jack Black. It didn't work. Bad script and bad acting.
LauraB.Nov 27, 2006
Lame, lame, lame. Don't bother. I walked out.
BobShouldiceNov 27, 2006
My 13 year old could write better material than this drivel. Very disappointing.
ElizabethP.Nov 27, 2006
Tenacious D is destined to be a bad movie disaster. There was not one LOL in the movie theater. Blows big time.