1. Carla
    Sep 28, 2008
    This is one of my most FAVORITE movies. I had heard so amny negative things I was scared to watch it. But when I did, I laughed all the way through. Randy Quaid was hilarious! He was my favorite. The music was also fantastic. The movie was fun when you didn't take it too seriously and expect any hidden meaning.
  2. Jul 23, 2014
    This is my most favorite film in the universe. Sure, the budget was 100mil and they only got 7mil, making Warner Bros lose 93million dollars... but that's because people didn't see it and didn't want to know how good it was. This deserves film of the century.
  3. TomE.
    Jun 3, 2008
    I love this movie! Funny as all get out...just watch it more than once.
  4. WaltC.
    Aug 22, 2002
    Fun, light hearted movie that people need to learn to not take so seriously, just sit back and relax and watch.
  5. George
    Aug 30, 2002
    Listen i went to expect something entertaining and got what i expected, tv guide, new york etc , have you ever made a movie? if not how could put down something you can't even come close to making, i saw the movie with ten of my friends and we enjoyed it, it's not best thing but it's good.
  6. StevenS.
    Mar 1, 2003
    Great Movie! Couldn't stop laughing. Every moment was an adventure. As for what the critics say about this movie... As a comparison, they rated the Blair Witch Project extremely high and it was the most boring movie since Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Go figure?
  7. FatBoy
    Dec 23, 2002
    Saw this movie while on crack, and laughed my pants off!!!!!
    Jul 25, 2004
    Great movie!

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

Murphy slogs his way through this dismally dull sci-fi comedy.
  2. New Times (L.A.)
    Reviewed by: Luke Y. Thompson
    Only Quaid, as a semiretarded horny robot, and Cleese as a fussy chauffeur hologram seem to get it. Even Murphy, as the titular nightclub big shot in outer space, forgets to be actually funny until the climax.
  3. In terms of execution this movie is careless and unfocused.