7.7

1. Mar 31, 2012
    First off, this is a 9.5 out of 10. Visuals are just out standings. Some and most pushes boundaries between real and animation. Action sequences are great story. Story and score are well done, and the acting is great. Overall this is a great movie recommend for everyone.
  2. Mar 31, 2012
    Don't let the all star production and director fool you... it was a struggle staying awake towards the end. I read the comics growing up and was really excited to watch it. maybe its not for me #notthatexciting
  3. Mar 29, 2012
    Muy entretenida de principio a fin. Las Aventuras de Tintin es una pelicula llena de aventura, con una direccion magistral de Steven Spielberg y un interesante plot. Es visualmente atractiva y claramente algo que no se ve todos los dias. La recomiendo...
  4. Mar 25, 2012
    This here movie is what Indiana Jones 4 should have been. (No hating on that movie, it was "good enough") It was mindblowing to watch this here movie, the amount of awesome camera angles, funny writing and awesome motion in this movie is just wonderful, it made my day... no take that back, it made my week! My friends are going to hate me, because the only subject my mouth will talk about is how awesome and fine adjusted this here movie is, the countless of funny spoofs so professionally performed by the one and only Spielberg... What do you honestly expect from a movie like this? Get ready to get your mind blown by this here superb movie i give a round number 9. It is a great story made into an awesome movie, maybe the only problem with it is Tintin acting a bit too cliche and dramatic at some points (I could count 2.) But that's my only concern.. and it's THAT minor... like almost nothing, GREAT MOVIE i love it! Expand
  5. Mar 25, 2012
    The Adventures of Tintin is an A when it comes to visuals probably the best since Avatar but the story and how the movie was made was not very good to say the least. It went way to fast and the ending came to sudden halt with me saying at the end that's it.
  6. Mar 20, 2012
    Brilliant. One of the best films of 2011. There is little too complain about after viewing this classic piece of work. Althought this is computer generated animation it is breathtaking. The reason it succeeds is the screenplay adaption. The action is never ending and the characters are finely etched and the technical aspects are beyond expectation. There were not many live action films that succeeded like this film does. Expand
  7. Mar 18, 2012
    This is a great movie it's an exact remake of the book, which I loved anyone and everyone will love this. Way better than Hugo and stays true to the books. Give it a go people.
  8. Mar 14, 2012
    Animation and modelling were amazing in this film. The production was great and the actors did a good job. HOWEVER. I found myself often looking at my watch wondering when this was going to finish. There were so many pointless things that they kept in the film which made it drag. 6/10
  9. Mar 12, 2012
    The Adventures of Tintin looks and feels like another Indiana Jones movie and it basically is just in the form of another character, and the story isn't told with much depth as most would want. Yet, dazzling animation, great action, humor, memorable and lovable characters make for an amazing movie experience. I give this movie 85%.
  10. Mar 11, 2012
    This was an okay Remake of Tintin..but really it gets boring the very start of the film.. everything else was very good Kudos to Spielberg"s Creative Mind!
  11. Mar 10, 2012
    Great movie! The story was hilarious at times but also easy to follow, and the graphics in this film are absolutely amazing. At some points I completely forgot I was watching an animation.
  12. Mar 7, 2012
    This film was a delight for me to see. It was made for more of the children's audience but Steven Spielburg knows how to please an audience. Think of James Bond mixed with Indiana Jones in a cartoon. This Action-Adventure incorporates what is needed to make a good film, the action sequences, the humor, and of course the adventure at hand. The only thing really wrong in this movie is that like I said it is more for children and younger people and some of the slapstick humor got to be a little too much. This is a movie to rent. Expand
  13. Mar 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first half hour of this movie is pretty boring. On his own, Tintin is a bland and irritating character. However the movie picks up when the drunken Captain Haddock is introduced. He's much more entertaining and three dimensional than Tintin is. The movie's set pieces are pretty fantastic; there are plenty of long takes filled with a lot of destruction that takes place over huge distances that would be impossible to film in real life. The fight scenes actually look real because we're able to see the characters' attacks contact each other, instead of cutting away before impact or shooting close to hide the distance between the impact of the blow and the target. In real life the actors wouldnâ Expand
  14. Mar 2, 2012
    Tintin is extremely lifelike, but with physics like the Polar Express. It is consistently funny and full of action, even if the story is absolute random.
  15. Feb 29, 2012
    I must say I was weary of this movie when I went to watch it but I got more than I bargained for! All I can say is the movie was great and it kept me on the edge of my seat.
  16. Feb 26, 2012
    Despite having people I despise working on it (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost just to name a few), this was a very enjoyable movie debut for Tintin, even though I would've preferred a French dub to honor the original source material.
  17. Feb 25, 2012
    The film has a story that is based on the comic by Hergé, a Belgian author, and which was directed by Spielberg. The film uses a motion-capture technology, of movement and expression of real actors and that is applied in a highly detailed CG and 3D movie, with astonishing results.

The story is much like the classic stories, and presents the familiar characters of the comic -
    is a movie that entertains but serves more as a showcase for the recent advances advances in CG and motion-capture. It's a good and fun movie to watch with the family: My score: 7.8 / 10.0. Expand
  18. Feb 25, 2012
    Hmm amazing movie and picture from this movie..
    Altough more extended story and not folowing the comic story Im unpatiently wait the next sequel,,
    Im curius with the map in thend of sory
  19. Feb 18, 2012
    This has to be one of the best animated films. The animation is incredible. Outside of this, it is a great adventure romp, with plenty of humour. However, it is important to make parents aware that this is Tin Tin. So there is heaps of shooting and violence and use of alcohol. It is great though. I took my 11 and 9 year old and I think they were the right age to see it. Any younger and it would probably not be appropriate. This is a great, enjoyable, classic animation. Well done to all involved in bringing this movie in to existence. Expand
  20. Feb 13, 2012
    "The Adventures of Tintin" is like the animated version of Indiana Jones. Although the story is somewhat cliched in a sort of matter, it's the adventurous feeling and realistic characters that shine the movie. A good entertainment to watch with your kids.
  21. Feb 12, 2012
    the adventures of tintin is an amazing film true to the book with awesome action, great storyline and tintin goodness, it really is an incredible film!
  22. Feb 11, 2012
    This film is Spielberg's first animated film, and it's a great and epic thrill ride. Andy Serkis is great in the film, but really, he's great in any film as long as his real face isn't shown (he's not ugly, though). The pirate ship scenes are the best, which have you holding on to your seat for a long time. My beef is that it could have had a better script, though it's supposedly faithful to the original comic book. It's great, but it feels like a Spielberg movie not directed by Spielberg himself. But every three years, he releases two films, one that's good, and one that's bad or not as good. So you know what I'm reviewing next... Expand
  23. Feb 7, 2012
    Awesome animation, a well executed screenplay, and a good use of graphics have all been plus points for this movie. Especially the animation has glued my eyes to the film. As my sister said, the movie supposedly captures all the essence of the comic book by Herge. But is still felt that it wasn't so much for the mature audience, and there was something lacking in it.
    Good movie.
  24. Jan 27, 2012
    It really is a revolutionary animation and attractive to all kinds of age. The use of weapons and the action of a special touch. Although its meaning is not just an animation that try to show those moral lessons at the end.
  25. Jan 24, 2012
    Very few movies in recent years have launched a journey more vast and monumental than the one in â
  26. Jan 23, 2012
    I did have doubts and fears about this film but thankfully, those fears were put to rest, Though it wasn't exactly a 100% faithful adaptation it still delivered enough excitement and joy to keep you at the edge of your seat for an hour and a half.
  27. Jan 21, 2012
    What a great movie. Not even best animated movie of year, but also one of the best films of year. Great sceens, adventure. We haven not seen anything like that.
  28. Jan 19, 2012
    I didn't like it at all; too much violence; not a simple story; no poetry; no swearing from Captain Haddock; some names have been changed (to adapt to the US market?)
  29. Jan 14, 2012
    Despite the fact that this film contains several scenes that are more than obviously made to be adapted into a video game, it works very well. I respect that it's an adaptation of actual stories from the graphic novel series and not some needlessly original story designed to cater to modern audiences. Also refreshing is that it's a family film and Spielberg has enough class to not include dumb fart jokes as seems to be the norm these days. Expand

Everything he did in live-action movies with rolling boulders and runaway convoys he does bigger and better - by a factor of ten - in every frame. At the end of two hours, my jaw ached from grinning.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Dec 26, 2011
    Feels particularly mechanical. The movie isn't a complete waste: it adequately re-creates the comics' Dickensian characterization, and every frame brims with clever details. But once the action begins, Spielberg's incessant, force-fed "fun" quickly gets exhausting.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 26, 2011
    In a movie year of more than two dozen animated films, this and "Rango" tower over all others. Welcome to America, Tintin. It's great getting to know you.