7.9

1. May 24, 2012
    Overall the movie was very good. The visual effects were amazing, the cast did a great job, and the movie achieved the ultimate goal of any movie, to entertain. But, I think it's been slightly overrated by a large chunk of people calling it the best superhero movie ever, when I think The Dark Knight still holds that title. There are just a few moments were it seemed the plot was kindaOverall the movie was very good. The visual effects were amazing, the cast did a great job, and the movie achieved the ultimate goal of any movie, to entertain. But, I think it's been slightly overrated by a large chunk of people calling it the best superhero movie ever, when I think The Dark Knight still holds that title. There are just a few moments were it seemed the plot was kinda stretched to the limits, like when Tony Stark figures out that Loki is at the top of Stark Tower based on absolutely nothing. Then there are the several awkward dialogue moments like when Cap. America says, "The last time I was in Germany and I saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." This line literally made me cringe. But, hey, it's funny, its cool, and its got like 6 superheroes in one movie so its definitely worth seeing. Expand
  2. May 9, 2012
    This movie is definitely amazing and hilarious!!! is not just action is a lot of fun too!! you will leave the movie theater with a smile on your face, definitely a must see movie. This movie was amazing in every aspect, script acting, funny moments, character development, character interaction, special effects, the best superhero movie ever made PERIOD.
    Is the best movie i've seen in quite
    Is the best movie i've seen in quite a while, and definitely the best of the superhero movie franchises.
    I would say a MUST SEE for everybody... no exceptions!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. May 11, 2012
    This movie is full of awesome. I enjoyed every minute of this movie. It was like watching comic book come to life. Joss Whedon knows how to bring a ensemble cast together and make you want to know what going on with every character.
  4. May 30, 2013
    I'm not gonna lie, this movie was absolutely amazing! Also, if I'm being completely honest, I went in assuming it would be another highly overrated superhero movie that couldn't like up to the hype. It definitely wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with the critics. Boy was I mistaken. Outside of the films from Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, this is easily the best superheroI'm not gonna lie, this movie was absolutely amazing! Also, if I'm being completely honest, I went in assuming it would be another highly overrated superhero movie that couldn't like up to the hype. It definitely wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with the critics. Boy was I mistaken. Outside of the films from Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, this is easily the best superhero movie ever made. They plot developed perfectly, the action sequences were incredible, there were a lot of unexpectedly humorous scenes and dialogue, and the characters and actors were all great. One of my concerns going in was how they would possibly give each character their fair shake. Well the great Joss Whedon did a great job keeping a perfect balance between staying true to the individual characters while further introducing a developing Black Widow and Hawkeye. Another thing, Mark Ruffalo did a marvelous job as Bruce Banner. A lot of people were worried about him in that role and were upset about the change from Edward Norton. Maybe it's because I'm biased and loathe Norton but I thought Ruffalo did a better job as Banner. I wouldn't have minded them focusing a little more time on the Hawkeye character and I wouldn't have minded if they actually squeezed in Natalie Portman's character for a quick scene or two but the movie really didn't need it. I just think if you can put Portman on screen, you put Portman on screen, lol. I also wouldn't have minded if they focused a bit more on the villainous pawns and where they come from but I have a feeling we'll find out more about them in the following Avengers sequels so I can't be too upset about that. All in all, if you like superhero movies, action movies, or just kick ass movies in general, you should like this movie too. Expand
  5. May 15, 2012
    Digital Money Maker

This is the crash! Bang! Wallop! movie of the year. It's digital, it's funny, it's stupid and it's in 3D -the first must see, post Avatar. Only if you don't know who each character is, or haven't seen their movies, you may be at a loss to follow (as if that matters). Loki (see Thor) has made a deal to get revenge on Thor and the Earth (of course) by getting some
    Digital Money Maker

Loki (see Thor) has made a deal to get revenge on Thor and the Earth (of course) by getting some ridiculous source of power to some very bad aliens. All of the Marvel heroes - flawed heroes all - have to first unite, then trounce the invaders. And they do and you know they will.

The script is way above average for this kind of film - think Iron Man witty. The cast is top notch - especially Mark Ruffolo (Hulk), Downey (Iron Man) and the redoubtable Samuel L. Jackson as the team leader (Fury). No doubt, Jackson has replaced Morgan Freeman as the black American god who can do no wrong. The effects are as good as they get, as long as you can focus your eyes. It is often like putting your head in a washing machine with 3D glasses on.

Joss Whedon wrote, directed and probably gave birth to this film all on his own, and he makes a good fist of it. Despite it's enormous length - 147 minutes of popcorn chomping, it keeps your attention and never takes itself too seriously. I only wish that poor Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) will take a serious part next - you know, like in Hurt Locker and the Town - to balance his all action man roles.

This film cost a fortune and will make a fortune. Trust me
  6. May 19, 2012
    I've always been a fan of Joss Whedon ever since I saw Firefly, a television show of his that was unfortunately canceled. So when I say I liked it, that's not much of a surprise. But I didn't like it just because he directed it. The action was stylish and fun, and it was a whole lot better than one of the previous Marvel comic book movies, Thor. This should be the inspiration for laterI've always been a fan of Joss Whedon ever since I saw Firefly, a television show of his that was unfortunately canceled. So when I say I liked it, that's not much of a surprise. But I didn't like it just because he directed it. The action was stylish and fun, and it was a whole lot better than one of the previous Marvel comic book movies, Thor. This should be the inspiration for later Marvel movies, along with the new Captain America: The First Avenger. Not only did it have some excellent action scenes, it was also humorous, with a certain level of seriousness. Would I recommend heading to theaters to see it? Well, yeah. But if you're a person that just isn't sure about it, or who maybe isn't a fan of the comics, by all means, rent it from Redbox, Blockbuster, Netflix, or any other movie rental company you go to. Expand
  7. Aug 24, 2014
    I've seen this movie four time by now, so I think it is time for some kind of review. (One of said viewings was in 3D, my first ever, and I must say I much more prefer the old-fashioned 2D version since 3D made the action scenes - especially the Hulk - appear very blurry and threatened to give me a bit of a headache.

As a fan of the previous Marvel movies, the last of which I checked

As a fan of the previous Marvel movies, the last of which I checked out in order to enjoy the Avengers experience to the fullest (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America), I appreciated the finer points of story telling and jokes that took a lot from the other parts in the series. There were plenty of references, I think, and I cannot imagine how well some of the jokes land or character chemistries work without prior knowledge of what they're based on.

I haven't read the comics (although I fully intend to get my hands on them somehow), so I cannot say how "accurate" this was (or any of the previous films), but all I can say is that the cast chosen to play this unruly team of Earth's Mightiest Heroes is fantastic. I'm a Tony Stark fangirl, no denying it, but damn! the others really don't make me yawn with boredom and wait for Robert Downey Jr.'s next appearance on screen: they stand very well on their own. Period.

And Mark Ruffalo IS the Hulk. Period on that too. Watching him twist his hands and smile and try to back away into the shadows is adorable and in a way breath-taking in its own way, because we all know what's lurking inside him, and it's almost a shame when he turns into a green rage monster. Almost...

Perhaps the best feature to the movie is indeed the strife between the heroes, who are not compatible in the slightest, but as heroes tend to, they work together pretty well to avert a crisis when they face one together. Still, the classic fights between team-mates almost beat seeing them destroy a few (hundred) enemies.

The camera work, set design, lighting and colors are all perfect. They create a world, a very real one, and give it its own signature. The music, too, when you notice it, melts perfectly to the background, other than in those moments when it rises higher, giving the scene more depth, more kick.

Tom Hiddleston as Loki is, for a lack of a better word, a bit disturbed, but executes his part as a villain pretty well. He's determined, and he is one step ahead of the team the whole time, although the petulant child is peeking out from between his teeth every now and then, waiting to be allowed to throw a temper tantrum. And it works.

The story progresses nicely, weaving the heroes together (the only small minus is Thor's rather sudden appearance, and although we can see where it's coming from, and dragging it out may have not worked very well, it still seems like a shortcut).

There's plenty of humor, for which I love Joss Whedon; this reminds me a lot of his movie "Serenity", with its pace and light-heartedness, but total seriousness as well. It's a fine balance, and it absolutely works.

All in all... this is fast rising to be one of those movies I wouldn't mind seeing several times a year, or perhaps a month, just to keep the smiles and laughs coming.
  8. May 15, 2012
    After Thor movie I lost all hope for next awesome comic book based movie, so I wasn't so excited about Avengers... till I saw the movie. Avengers is mix of action, comedy and one of the most popular marvel characters. But there is one problem... story is too cliche. Aliens (extra-dimensional beings) trying to destroy the world and superheroes are going to save it. Nevertheless movie is funAfter Thor movie I lost all hope for next awesome comic book based movie, so I wasn't so excited about Avengers... till I saw the movie. Avengers is mix of action, comedy and one of the most popular marvel characters. But there is one problem... story is too cliche. Aliens (extra-dimensional beings) trying to destroy the world and superheroes are going to save it. Nevertheless movie is fun and looks incredible in IMAX. I would certainly give this movie 10 if not the story fail, so it gets 9. Now let's just hope that Dark Knight Rises won't have similar problem. Expand
  9. May 9, 2012
    ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES EVER! Hands down the best movie I have seen this year. From acting, to the plot, to the effects, this film has it all. I feel Mr. Whedon has taken the comic book movie to a new level. It doesn't hurt that the movie has several of our childhood heroes either. This just shows what happens when you put the right people in the right situation. HULK SMASH!!!
  10. May 9, 2012
    If you're not into going green this summer then you will be when you see the HULK close the show and Robert Downy Jr -Stark steal the show. Its like seeing Bruce Lee, Matrix, Transformers and X-Men mashup. Not a Mona Lisa or as philosophical and scientific as Leonardo Divinci but it makes a hell of an abstract Picasso to wow you. -Derrick
  11. Dec 17, 2013
    A fun ride. Favorite parts were the physics ideas in action scenes. Least favorite part was the lack of focus, how everything just kept moving on so fast you never really got to reflect about anything. Also, the setup with the energy source that is also super dangerous reminded me of The Dark Knight Rises and I had overall seen a lot of the ideas before. The movie could have establishedA fun ride. Favorite parts were the physics ideas in action scenes. Least favorite part was the lack of focus, how everything just kept moving on so fast you never really got to reflect about anything. Also, the setup with the energy source that is also super dangerous reminded me of The Dark Knight Rises and I had overall seen a lot of the ideas before. The movie could have established sympathy with the heroes or with civilians, instead it asks you to automatically feel for humanity or New York or whatever. I honestly didn't, so it never crossed over into an emotionally engaged territory. But yeah, it's fun I guess. Expand
  12. JTD
    May 8, 2012
    Loved it. Probably the best Marvel movie yet. I thought the plot made sense and every character had a purpose.

I have to say, I was not terribly stoked about this after I saw Joss Whedon was behind this. I probably enjoyed it more going into it expecting much less.
  13. Zal
    Dec 14, 2012
    Well, it's The Avengers. I shouldn't have to say more. But I will.

I haven't seen the superhero movies leading up to this. I've only seen the Hulk sequel (the Edward Norton one), Iron Man, and Thor. While there were times when I was lost, I could follow this movie's plot. I need to seen Iron Man 2 since it has Nick Fury and Black Widow. LOKI! I'm not one of those crazy obsessive Loki
    Well, it's The Avengers. I shouldn't have to say more. But I will.

LOKI! I'm not one of those crazy obsessive Loki fangirls, but I loved Loki in this movie. That being said, I still found it hilarious when the Hulk picked him up and slammed him around. Funniest part of the movie.

What's good about this movie is that it strikes a good balance between comedy and drama. Joss Whedon knows the Avengers don't need the Dark Knight treatment and wisely did not go that route. But wasn't unbelievably cartoony and silly either. It knew when to be serious and when to make the audience laugh.

The characters were fun and each actor played the role well. Hawkeye didn't get much to do but it it got Jeremy Renner in a tight outfit. Good enough for me! The newest addition to the cast was Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk. He fit the role unbelievably well. Makes sense since Ruffalo has proven time and again that he's a fantastic actor.

There isn't much else for me to say about this. See it if you haven't already.

One more thing: Coulson lives!
  14. Aug 28, 2012
    The Avengers: A messy film that does little to appeal to the non pre-existing comic fans. Struggles to fit a coherent narrative between the action scenes.

While action is pretty, The Avengers never seems to quite know what to do with so many main characters. Making huge assumptions that the viewer already knows each character's arc, they bypass any arc entirely and just have them fighting a lot.

Even Transformers 3, a movie I found very messy and tough to watch, manages to have a pretty coherent and linear story, that just tries to do a few things too many. But The Avengers seems to decide to leave behind linearity and a character arcs, and just let chaos happen.

The best Marvel film for me is still Iron Man, as it plays with strong character arcs, a progressive and interesting plot, with a sense of 'realistic' special effects and the 'super hero' notion is dialled down a bit.

If you want super hero movies with a plot, try Batman Begins, The Watchmen Director's Cut, and to a more minimal extent Superman 2: Donner Cut.
  15. May 17, 2012
    This is easily the best Marvel film to date, one of the best action movies of all time, the best effects we have yet to see, and a film that is worthy of a few Oscar nods (and a definite win for visual effects). Straightforward script, flawless acting, and smooth direction make The Avengers one of the best films of 2012. Odin Score: 95/100 (subject to change after a much needed second viewing).
  16. Aug 28, 2012
    The intro is a little rough but the rest of the movie goes rather smoothly and it ends up a pretty good film and one that is definently worth watching. I enjoyed it.
  17. Aug 21, 2012
    This movie was amazing, anyone giving it less than a 5 is completely tasteless. This was exactly what it was supposed to be. A funny, action packed, special effect, comic book, nerdgasm. The story line was just enough to keep the storyline boys interested, it makes great use of the previous story lines well. It makes sure to stay true to the root of all the heros.
  18. May 8, 2012
    I won't say that I am a fan of the entire movie, but it certainly was the most intense and action packed superhero movie I have ever seen. I have never been so genuinely excited to partake in an adventure with heroes and villains before. I loved that the action was easy to watch, and the dialogue never truly became cheesy and cliche. The beginning could be a bit better, but the massiveI won't say that I am a fan of the entire movie, but it certainly was the most intense and action packed superhero movie I have ever seen. I have never been so genuinely excited to partake in an adventure with heroes and villains before. I loved that the action was easy to watch, and the dialogue never truly became cheesy and cliche. The beginning could be a bit better, but the massive battle for the last hour of the movie certainly makes up for its smaller mistakes. I loved the Hulk, Iron Man, and Black Widow. Great job, much better than I expected! Expand
  19. Jun 25, 2012
    Everything about this movie is slick and classy, from the dialogue to the action sequences (which I must also say are 10 times better than in other action films I have seen throughout the years). The plotline is actually sophisticated (praise the lord!) and therefore the movie doesn't need to treat the viewers like dummies (seriously, could I ask for anything more?) Particularly impressiveEverything about this movie is slick and classy, from the dialogue to the action sequences (which I must also say are 10 times better than in other action films I have seen throughout the years). The plotline is actually sophisticated (praise the lord!) and therefore the movie doesn't need to treat the viewers like dummies (seriously, could I ask for anything more?) Particularly impressive is how well the film integrates the various stories regarding the different superheroes into one cohesive, kickass unit. And I mustn't forget that the film is fun. You'll have a blast watching it. It's entertainment at it's best. Did I mention the film is fun? Wait until after the credits for another scene that will make your viewing experience even better. Expand
  20. May 28, 2012
    This movie is pretty good even if your not a comic book fan. The story's plot is that Loki tries to become ruler of earth and uses the cube to do it. The acting is great, the camera shots are amazing, and the attention to detail is great. The way the play the roles of the hero's, villains, and even shield is great because they capture the personality of the comic book characters. They evenThis movie is pretty good even if your not a comic book fan. The story's plot is that Loki tries to become ruler of earth and uses the cube to do it. The acting is great, the camera shots are amazing, and the attention to detail is great. The way the play the roles of the hero's, villains, and even shield is great because they capture the personality of the comic book characters. They even throw in a few comedy in the movie so it doesn't feel like a non-stop action movie. If you know who the people are chances are that you'll enjoy the movie, but if you are lost you probably wont enjoy this movie Expand
  21. Jun 6, 2012
    Iron Man changed my expectations about how good superhero movies can be, still, I wasn't planning on watching this. However, with people making so much hype about I headed to the theater. The Avengers strongest element is it's action, all the battle scenes are great and are well paced. And the SPFX are spectacular to watch. As for the directing, you wont be disappointed as long as yourIron Man changed my expectations about how good superhero movies can be, still, I wasn't planning on watching this. However, with people making so much hype about I headed to the theater. The Avengers strongest element is it's action, all the battle scenes are great and are well paced. And the SPFX are spectacular to watch. As for the directing, you wont be disappointed as long as your not a cinephile. The cast performance are nothing special, I much rather see Mark Ruffalo in Shutter Island. Expand
  22. May 20, 2012
    Just Brilliant!
    Just Brilliant!
    The Action scenes are immense, the charakters are cool and interesting... the whole movie is total fun! I love how the different characters interact with each other. The movie doesn't try to be an intelligent Masterpiece but that's good because instead, it's giving you one awesome moment after another for the whole running time of 2 hours! Only a better Story could make this Masterpiece more perfect than it already is. It's very expensive, but I'm going to watch this movie a third time this week!
  23. May 8, 2012
    Amazing movie, everything a comic/superhero fan could ask for. Joss Whedon does a great job bringing characterization to such a humongous cast in such little time. Everyone from the Hulk-Hawkeye got their moment to shine and win your heart. I can not wait for a sequel and want Joss to direct more Marvel movies.
  24. May 16, 2012
    If you didn't see the other 5 movies, go watch them first (even Hulk). The movie will taunt you with flashbacks to the old movies and you won't get to see the full character development. Having only been armed with the Iron Man movies, understanding of Norse Mythology, and basic background on the other heroes, I still got a good understanding of what was going on. However, the movieIf you didn't see the other 5 movies, go watch them first (even Hulk). The movie will taunt you with flashbacks to the old movies and you won't get to see the full character development. Having only been armed with the Iron Man movies, understanding of Norse Mythology, and basic background on the other heroes, I still got a good understanding of what was going on. However, the movie had a lot of elements from the other movies, specifically Thor. The movie's beginning is S.L.O.W, almost as slow as the first Willy Wonka. I'm not going to spoil the story, but don't worry, you'll forget about it. It's basically the Marvel formula: Bad thing happens, find hero(es), train, find bad guy, some one dies, attack on New York, save the day, New Yorkers go yay. As for the characters, it's hit and miss. Tony Stark and Loki are very enjoyable and witty, Captain America and Bruce Banner are alright, and everyone else is paper thin. Very little character development happens and by the end, the characters are still the same people. The final fight scene was as you think it would be. The effects are well done and the Hulk provides comic relief. My favorite scene by far was when Hulk was chasing Black Widow, though. Don't worry about the music, because you won't notice it. It's drowned out the the amazing amount of dialogue in this movie. Even in the fight scenes they can't shut up. There's no suspense whatsoever. Overall, I was very disappointed, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good movie. But, if you want a good superhero experience, just go watch the Dark Knight again. Expand
  25. May 7, 2012
    Huge action, huge humour, huge actors. Never seen an epic movie like this. If you love action movies or comics, you'll love The Avengers ! Simply the best Marvel movie.
  26. May 11, 2012
    Best superhero movie in a long time! Exceeded my expecations. I was afraid theyde make some of the characters tacky, but it felt like they belonged. Ruffalo does an excellent Banner, after Norton i was pleasantly suprised. Just goes to show what Wheadon is capable of. Now the sequel better not be another revenge of the fallen milking i hope.
  27. Aug 1, 2012
    Great movie. Funny, good action, good effects. Ruffalo surpassed Bana and Norton in the role of the Hulk. A good conclusion to the first saga of Marvel movies, and makes me wanting more and more.
  28. May 28, 2012
    This movie would have been a perfect 10 if the editing had been better. It was well written, funny, action packed. Everything that it needed to be. I loved it for the most part. But there are certain parts of the movie that really just didnt need to be there. It forced it to drag on too long at points and made me kinda just wanna get to the end.
  29. May 21, 2012
    This Movie has spoiled so many people because everything else looks like crap now. I was existed to watch the New Batman movie coming out but i couldn't care less about it now. I just hope this doesn't downgrade the single hero movies coming out like the next iron man or captain America. Lots of people talk about how grate Hulk was in the movie and now that i finally seen the movie i knowThis Movie has spoiled so many people because everything else looks like crap now. I was existed to watch the New Batman movie coming out but i couldn't care less about it now. I just hope this doesn't downgrade the single hero movies coming out like the next iron man or captain America. Lots of people talk about how grate Hulk was in the movie and now that i finally seen the movie i know what they're talking about , he was amazing. Thanks to the "GODS" characters in the movie Hulk didn't have to hold back like in the other Hulk movies but , I have to say my favorite with out a doubt was Thor !!!! Just like Hulk Thor wasn't pulling punches. He went full god mode in this movie. **** epic !!! OK so if their is one thing i didn't like was how Black widow was doing more then Captain America. I think she kicked more ass and had more camera time then they Captain America. I also liked the captain America suit he had in his own movie. The suit with the brown boots. It felt better then the suit he has now. They could have made it out of heavy leather and less bright. Other then that it was perfect , 9.5 out on 10 is my score Expand
  30. Aug 31, 2014
    With Joss Whedon at the helm, I expected much more. To bring all of The Avengers together in a single film is no easy task; nevertheless, I cannot help but feel as though it could've been better executed.
  31. May 8, 2012
    I was gitty about going to see the Avengers debut, and I was hopeful Whedon could pull off such a difficult task. This is basically a film where almost every one of the main heroes has been in the lead role. Just the fact that Whedon found a way to juggle these characters is amazing, and the film itself is a remarkable accomplishment on its own. With scenes seemingly torn from the comicsI was gitty about going to see the Avengers debut, and I was hopeful Whedon could pull off such a difficult task. This is basically a film where almost every one of the main heroes has been in the lead role. Just the fact that Whedon found a way to juggle these characters is amazing, and the film itself is a remarkable accomplishment on its own. With scenes seemingly torn from the comics themselves, its a blast to watch (i went to the theaters multiple times), and is the best Marvel film to date. Cannot wait for a sequel!!!

P.S. after credits scene, the second one, was hilarious. Great stuff
  32. Jan 7, 2013
    This is by far the best Marvel film released. It avoids the forced Hollywood romance plot while delivering copious amounts of Marvel fanservice. With the exception of Captain America, I feel that each of the Marvel characters had a chance to showcase their talents. Not only that, but there's a good amount of humor in this film as well.
  33. May 9, 2012
    First off, I would give this a 9.75 out of 10. Almost perfection. For sure one of the best superhero movies ever. Visuals are spectacular. It's truly a masterpiece how great this movie's visuals are. Acting is good. Everyone does a pretty good job. Story is real good. Also great script. It can be very funny. Music is real good. Overall, this is a great film that has almost everything.First off, I would give this a 9.75 out of 10. Almost perfection. For sure one of the best superhero movies ever. Visuals are spectacular. It's truly a masterpiece how great this movie's visuals are. Acting is good. Everyone does a pretty good job. Story is real good. Also great script. It can be very funny. Music is real good. Overall, this is a great film that has almost everything. It's funny, full of action, full of awesomeness, and has 100% all fun. Everyone absolutely should go see it. You'll be making a great mistake not seeing this movie. It's really a great movie. Expand
  34. Jun 3, 2012
    I expected something entertaining yet, cliche filled. I thought it was going to be as bad as Captain America or Thor, but SURPRISE! my mind was blown by the effects, incredible story, hilarious jokes and flawless digital effects. The movie itself is without any doubts, a master piece
  35. Jan 9, 2013
    My main concern with The Avengers was, in encompassing all of the members, the film would be spread too thinly between the characters, resulting in a watered down attempt to integrate characters and personalities, a little like the X-men films. Thankfully this is not the case, although it's interesting that co-writer Zak Penn was involved in two of the X-men group films. Penn and JossMy main concern with The Avengers was, in encompassing all of the members, the film would be spread too thinly between the characters, resulting in a watered down attempt to integrate characters and personalities, a little like the X-men films. Thankfully this is not the case, although it's interesting that co-writer Zak Penn was involved in two of the X-men group films. Penn and Joss Whedon find enough screen-time for all the Avengers and by introducing them gradually through the film's opening third, sufficient emphasis is placed on each character. Similarly, I was disappointed when I discovered that the film's antagonist would be Loki, as I was not overly impressed with him in Thor. Again though, due to Hiddlestone's improved performance this time around and with Whedon's direction, I felt Loki was a much more interesting villain and one more fitting of the collective's film.

The team dynamic of between the superheroes is what really makes the film, alongside the blockbuster action sequences. Thor and Hulk clash, Captain America and Tony Stark routinely throw barbs at each other while Stark shows a surprisingly sincere side when offering support to Bruce Banner. Mark Ruffalo plays Banner with a sense of fear and regret of his destructive, uncontrollable power and I found him to be the most interesting character of the team. There's a slightly contrived back-story thrown in to give Hawkeye and Black Widow something of interest but its the funny moments between Stark and co. that gives the film its spark. Samuel. L. Jackson's brings his usual 'don't mess with me' cool factor and his larger role also benefits the movie. Being critical, I'm not sure the plot gave enough explanation as to why Banner returned to fight alongside the others after showing nothing but resistance to let 'the other guy' appear, or how he was able to control Hulk more effectively in contrast with the film's earlier events.

The so called Battle of New York finale is a really exciting well-directed battle, especially when you consider it's similarities to the frantic city battles Michael Bay treated us to in his Transformer films.

A genuine action blockbuster fit for it's cast.
  36. Jun 3, 2012
    loved the action coool and of course the comedy bit in film with thor and stark which really made me laugh and hulk part which i entirely laugh what he did to thor which crack me up....

good film i wait for blu ray movie did not find the captain america actor he was not good i did not find him to be all super hero or nothing just he thru that garbage lid to hurt his bad guys but rest

but rest of film was good
  37. May 28, 2012
    Great action, effects, plot, actors...EVERYTHING!! The film blended all the great features from the other Marvel films and created something unique and wonderful.

And great humour :) love the character interaction- especially Tony Stark/ iron man/ loki XD It was a really great film, and i applaude all those involved in its making :)
  38. May 17, 2012
    Avengers Assemble! great action flick made better if you've seen the other hero movies and made best if you know comics along with what and who's coming for the next one wow!
  39. May 8, 2012
    First and foremost Hulk absolutely steals the show. He has the best moments and best character development. Awesome job. Second, the teaser at the end was so amazing I lost sleep. Third the film did an excellent time of showcasing the whole cast (a feat I didn't think they could pull off). Fourth I actually liked Captain America in this movie, I was bored to death by him in his ownFirst and foremost Hulk absolutely steals the show. He has the best moments and best character development. Awesome job. Second, the teaser at the end was so amazing I lost sleep. Third the film did an excellent time of showcasing the whole cast (a feat I didn't think they could pull off). Fourth I actually liked Captain America in this movie, I was bored to death by him in his own movie. The interaction amongst the characters was fast and clever, making more room for great action scenes to satisfy any Marvel fan Expand
  40. May 19, 2012
    Easily one of the best superhero-movies ever made! I was worried beforehand the movie would feel like a patchwork, what with there being so many "lead" characters. However, after seeing it, I can safely say that's not the case here. All the characters somehow get to have fantastic character-moments that really develop their personalities, something not many blockbuster films of this kindEasily one of the best superhero-movies ever made! I was worried beforehand the movie would feel like a patchwork, what with there being so many "lead" characters. However, after seeing it, I can safely say that's not the case here. All the characters somehow get to have fantastic character-moments that really develop their personalities, something not many blockbuster films of this kind takes its time to do. Mind you, the action is there too, and it doesn't disappoint! Super-well choreographed fights that are easy to follow, and they always showcase the individual heroes powers and strengths superbly.
    All in all, if you like superhero movies, or just good adventures, I cannot recommend this film enough!
  41. May 11, 2012
    I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie in the theater. That said, it was a bit on the long side and was just short of 2 hours and 30 minutes. Not sure what they could have cut out though.
  42. May 8, 2012
    Star filled lineup with perfect execution. The Avengers is probably the best action movie I have seen to date. All main characters acted and worked so well together it was great and the comedy mix was perfect. A perfect execution and amazing job by Joss Whedon, Zak Penn, and the cast and crew. (message me for my full evaluation)
  43. May 10, 2012
    I love this movie. My experience is based on the fact that I have seen the other Marvel movies to come out before this. Quite frankly, I was amazed at how coherent the plot was with so many characters on the screen at one time.

If you have NOT seen the prequel films to this one, I would HIGHLY recommend that you do. You are doing yourself a disservice.
  44. May 9, 2012
    How many comic book based movies get it right? Not many. However, this one does and does it really damn well. When I went to see this, I half expected the movie to spend an hour getting everyone together for a the big finally which would last maybe 15 minutes. Thus, my expectations were low. Real low.

But, much to my surprise, they made that quick and easy. Most of the movie is action based. Even better, they still add a lot of plot to the movie as to not be on a one way track. The graphics are extremely impressive and you will find yourself arguing with friends about who your favorite hero was. Mine being Iron Man. Bam!

Overall, was it the best movie I ever saw. I don't know, maybe. The reality is, will you have fun when you go to see this? I say yes. So go drop some cash on popcorn and drinks. Sit back, relax and enjoy the action.
  45. May 7, 2012
    The Avengers is the best and most amazing movie I have ever seen! It has the perfect balance between humor, action, and drama. It is a must see for everyone, even those who aren't really into comic books. My mom went to go see it and even she said she loved it. GO SEE IT NOW!
    Monkey out.
  46. May 7, 2012
    You have got to love Joss Whedon. I've been fond of his works since Buffy the Vampire slayer and I had very high hopes for this movie. What can I say, all my hopes were at least met. Good film.
  47. May 9, 2012
    This movie is great. I went to a midnight premier and was not disappointed. Recently most Hollywood productions have been lackluster or had serious flaws. This is not true with The Avengers. The story was tied together very well, adding continuity from the other characters movies without detracting from the main plot in this movie. What really makes this movie great is the amount ofThis movie is great. I went to a midnight premier and was not disappointed. Recently most Hollywood productions have been lackluster or had serious flaws. This is not true with The Avengers. The story was tied together very well, adding continuity from the other characters movies without detracting from the main plot in this movie. What really makes this movie great is the amount of "Oh **** moments. I was excited pretty regularly throughout the movie and not infrequently the theater broke into applause. See this movie if you like fun. Expand
  48. May 8, 2012
    @subseq

//Please. "It's just comic book stuff" doesn't excuse the fact that it still must be made to look reasonable for the viewer to buy into it. // Wait, what? It _IS_ just comic book stuff, you clown. The title of the movie is "The Avengers" ... which, shockingly, is the title of the comic book series. What movie did you think you were going to see? Did you get lost on your way to
    @subseq

What movie did you think you were going to see? Did you get lost on your way to "The King's Speech" or something?
  49. May 8, 2012
    Film is viewable only because of Robert Downey jr. and Mark Ruffalo. The other actors and their characters are look so childly. Also idea of combination a couple of comics' heroes is great working. Recommended for everyone who not sick of comics movies.
  50. May 8, 2012
    The movies was pretty fun to watch however ..Thor and the hulk looked bloated.really wished they would have shown hulk getting larger when as he got more upset.
  51. May 9, 2012
    I'm not a great comic book fan but found this film reasonably engaging. Robert Downey Jnr steals the show and the captain America character seems just as underplayed as his was in his own film. Looking forward the the inevitable sequel but it would be good if Hollywood could come up with some original idea's as well!
  52. May 9, 2012
    Amongst the many ill-equipped to add to the many and various accolades this Avengerâ
  53. May 9, 2012
    To the critics, it's a movie based on COMIC BOOK characters. It doesn't need to be art or drama to be good. What it was though, is a fun comic book story. The action and humor was spot on.
  54. May 11, 2012
    So good makes me wish DC would do something with the Justice League. TA is everything you want a super hero movie to be and then some. And welcome back Hulk. Genuine breakout star of this movie.
  55. May 11, 2012
    There is a lot to like about the avengers - it starts slowly but builds up to a genuine climax and the last 30 minutes are exhilarating at times. Its strengths centre around its humour and the banter between the key characters. What's a little disappointing is that amongst the range of opportunities for special effects there is little new to excite - perhaps special effects in movies haveThere is a lot to like about the avengers - it starts slowly but builds up to a genuine climax and the last 30 minutes are exhilarating at times. Its strengths centre around its humour and the banter between the key characters. What's a little disappointing is that amongst the range of opportunities for special effects there is little new to excite - perhaps special effects in movies have reached a plateau. Expand
  56. May 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had medium expectations, having seen glowing reviews etc vs knowing the quality of "blockbusters" these days but I very much enjoyed this movie. It's a popcorn movie and it's a REALLY GOOD popcorn movie. Great to see Joss Whedon at the helm of something that's going to see him getting a decent run in hollywood in the future. Great dialogue, great visual gags, good fun. Expand
  57. May 12, 2012
    Ben_Otter, Omg you must not been reading any comics when you were a kid. Superman,Green Lantern and Batman belongs to the DC comic syndicate and their hero group is called the Justice League... The Avengers are group of heros from Stan Lee's Marvel Comics. Completely different heroes from completely different storyline. Justice Avengers? Wow, that's a good title for a spoof comedy movie .Ben_Otter, Omg you must not been reading any comics when you were a kid. Superman,Green Lantern and Batman belongs to the DC comic syndicate and their hero group is called the Justice League... The Avengers are group of heros from Stan Lee's Marvel Comics. Completely different heroes from completely different storyline. Justice Avengers? Wow, that's a good title for a spoof comedy movie . It really shows how knowledgeable you are Mr Otter hence your spelling too needs improving. I do not know what you look for in rating a nice movie. Personally what makes a great movie is its villain. I would say the villains of marvel comics/film are a lot scary and powerful than the ones Superman and Batman encounters. But again I wonder what movie creators of DC's Justice League would have villains on it. Ben_Otter, I would avoid making comments until you do a little research about any movie you watch and review. Power Rangers have such lame villains(nice design costumes though very colorful) and they do like move, position their arms and head nodding a lot to communicate cause they do not use their mouths, people would find you strange and avoid you if like to be such a Power Ranger hero. Expand
  58. May 12, 2012
    The first ten minutes of The Avengers is amazingly action packed and there isn't even a super powered hero in sight. It only gets increasing doses of "Oh MY GOD" from there! I found myself constantly saying to myself " Well nothing will top that," then BAM! topped it becomes. This movie will make you want to joyously cheer at the screen and you will.
  59. May 16, 2012
    The Avengers is just flat out fun. Throughout this whole movie, i was entertained. The story, however, was not as great as i would have liked but everything else in the film pretty much makes up for it. Even as a superhero movie, it made me laugh out loud in many situations. It's hilarious. It's action packed. It's amazing. Robert Downey Jr. once again proves that he was made to be TonyThe Avengers is just flat out fun. Throughout this whole movie, i was entertained. The story, however, was not as great as i would have liked but everything else in the film pretty much makes up for it. Even as a superhero movie, it made me laugh out loud in many situations. It's hilarious. It's action packed. It's amazing. Robert Downey Jr. once again proves that he was made to be Tony Stark. He was great in this movie just like in Iron Man. Even though, I didn't really like Captain America: The First Avenger, Chris Evans was also great in this film. Mark Ruffalo was the big change in this movie. I loved The Incredible Hulk especially because of Edward Norton but I think that Rufallo did pretty good also. Scarlet Johansson was the eyecandy for all the men who went to watch this film and she really fit into the role of Black Widow. Chris Hemsworth as Thor was great, since I did enjoy the Thor film. Samuel L. Jackson really didn't hit me like all the other characters in the beginning but by the end, I was happy he was chosen to play Nick Fury. Overall, The Avengers is one of the greatest superhero movies I have ever seen and definitely the most hilarious. Expand
  60. May 15, 2012
    Disappointing. I can sum it up as 2 hours of explosions and 1 liners. Acting was... mediocre. I honestly expected a lot more. It was more of a straight action movie, the story was very very bland. Only good thing I can say about it was the visual effects were great and that is it.
  61. May 15, 2012
    This Movie was Awesome times Infinity. Whedon depicted all the characters correctly. I have learned a lesson on here today about how Metacritic works. If its a score of 69 like how Avengers has then I should watch it because I loved this movie.
  62. May 15, 2012
    Can't remember the last time (never?) I went to a movie on a Monday night and saw a half full theatre of people cheering and laughing at a movie. Despite the positive hype, I cringed when the movie started off with a space scene featuring gods, aliens, magic, and mass-audience-unfriendly terms like "The Tesseract." It seriously seemed like all the right ingredients for the perfect trainCan't remember the last time (never?) I went to a movie on a Monday night and saw a half full theatre of people cheering and laughing at a movie. Despite the positive hype, I cringed when the movie started off with a space scene featuring gods, aliens, magic, and mass-audience-unfriendly terms like "The Tesseract." It seriously seemed like all the right ingredients for the perfect train wreck. But it worked, and it worked well; delivering some of the best / most clever scenes ever to appear in a superhero movie. The casting was excellent as well - especially for Bruce Banner - even just standing there, he felt, nerdy, detached and dangerous. (but with just the right amount of soul.) I guess the best compliment I can give The Avengers is that it reminded me why sometimes it's just awesome to go to the movies. Expand
  63. May 15, 2012
    The only thing that stops this movie from getting a 10 is the relatively slow beginning. Though necessary to the development of the characters, it still felt sluggish at times. However, the last hour and a half or so is beyond epic and easily compensates for any flaws the film has. The Hulk stole the show. It may have taken 3 movies with 3 different actors, but Marvel has finally perfectedThe only thing that stops this movie from getting a 10 is the relatively slow beginning. Though necessary to the development of the characters, it still felt sluggish at times. However, the last hour and a half or so is beyond epic and easily compensates for any flaws the film has. The Hulk stole the show. It may have taken 3 movies with 3 different actors, but Marvel has finally perfected Bruce Banner on the big screen. Expand
  64. May 16, 2012
    Best marvel movie
    very nice crosser and the story is good, not just the usual issue with the big boss,
    thanks hulk, you rock, sorry, smash!
    they are the ultimates!
    not 10 'cause tony alone is cooler
  65. May 16, 2012
    Really the best movie that use the franchising Marvel, good actors, nice story, some commedy all well mixed.
    Maybe 3D it is useless, but i really enjoyed the movie.
  66. May 16, 2012
    This film was probably one of the most funny movies I have seen this year. Also, it was one of the most badass. I say that lightly, but give it the aformentioned status because Joss Whedon was at the helm for this one. Now a word of warning: the film will be confusing to you at first if you have not seen the movies that came before it. Those films set a general framework, so Whedon assumesThis film was probably one of the most funny movies I have seen this year. Also, it was one of the most badass. I say that lightly, but give it the aformentioned status because Joss Whedon was at the helm for this one. Now a word of warning: the film will be confusing to you at first if you have not seen the movies that came before it. Those films set a general framework, so Whedon assumes you know what is going on. This is not a setback, because it saves time having to explain everything. I went to see this film for the Hulk, and I was not disappointed. Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man was like revisiting an old friend, as he makes the film less serious which is good. The comedic moments catch you off guard, and help to add to the charm the film has. I was pissed because I had to watch the film in 3D, but the 3D was not horrible. It was adapted at a tolerable framerate that did not give me headaches. If you must watch it in 3D, do not fret. I hope everyone that is a fan of Joss Whedon and superhero films goes to see this movie. Expand
  67. May 16, 2012
    Okay so many critics who are saying bad things about this film is going to far into this film. Joss Whedon did an amazing job with it. Perfect amount of everything you had the suspense, the comedy a perfect balance of effects and action. The film didn't focus one main Avenger it focused on all of them which was great to see. Some of these bad reviews I see that some of these don'y enjoy aOkay so many critics who are saying bad things about this film is going to far into this film. Joss Whedon did an amazing job with it. Perfect amount of everything you had the suspense, the comedy a perfect balance of effects and action. The film didn't focus one main Avenger it focused on all of them which was great to see. Some of these bad reviews I see that some of these don'y enjoy a good ole action movie. See this movie. Its worth it. Expand
  68. May 16, 2012
    First off, I am 30 years old and grew up reading comics and will still occasionally pick one up if i hear good things. What did I think about the Avengers? I came into the movie with good to great expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Its over 2 hours long and the beginning does lag a bit but the payoff is worth it. This is the pinnacle of what a popcorn movie should be. There's aFirst off, I am 30 years old and grew up reading comics and will still occasionally pick one up if i hear good things. What did I think about the Avengers? I came into the movie with good to great expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Its over 2 hours long and the beginning does lag a bit but the payoff is worth it. This is the pinnacle of what a popcorn movie should be. There's a decent story, good character building, excellent choreography and effects, and just the right amount of attitude and humor. I saw this with a five year old and he loved it. A note of caution concerning younger viewers, there is some blood and the "bad guys" can be scary. Overall I highly recommend to anyone who wants to have a good time, just don't go in expecting a masterpiece a la the Godfather. Expand
  69. Nov 4, 2013
    I have been waiting a long time to see this movie. And I'm going to start off by saying that "The Avengers" is incredible. The action scenes are spectacularly exciting, with excellent use of visuals and CGI. One of my favorite scenes was when the camera spins around the superheroes because that was epic. This could well be one of the best summer blockbusters ever made.
  70. May 17, 2012
    Absolutely outstanding! The Avengers is no doubt one of the best films I have ever seen. This movie is packed with action on top of action with all of the most popular superheroes out there. I recommend this film to anyone who is looking to spend their money and get the big bang for their buck.
  71. May 26, 2012
    Best Marvel film to date. Doesn't try to be a deep dark and serious film. It's humorous, camp, shiny and brilliant. One of the few films that is packed with action and has a good plot.
    Definitely watch this film especially if you watched and enjoyed the other Avenger films (Iron Man 1&2, Thor, Incredible Hulk, Cap.America)
  72. May 17, 2012
    The Avengers was everything i could have asked for and more. The action was awesome, the dialouge was fun, every character had their moment of glory and I walked out of the theather feeling happy beyond all reason. Sure, it's a superhero movie so the plot is pretty simple, but who cares? This movie was just awesome beyond all reason. I'm surprised metacrtic didn't give it a higher rating...
  73. May 17, 2012
    Well done Joss Whedon and your cast. Awesome movie. Very entertaining to the casual watcher and a nerdgasm for the hardcore fan. Best Marvel Movie so far in my opinion and best superhero, comic book based movie as well. Spiderman WAS my favorite hero movie, but no more.
  74. May 17, 2012
    I had my doubts at first. I was expecting a movie with nothing but random fighting, nothing interesting. The movie had me at the edge of my seat the entire time. The moments of hilarity between sadness and destruction kept the movie well balanced. I loved the bond of all the characters, seeing everyone come together to fight such a force was great. I highly recommend to GO SEE THIS MOVIE.I had my doubts at first. I was expecting a movie with nothing but random fighting, nothing interesting. The movie had me at the edge of my seat the entire time. The moments of hilarity between sadness and destruction kept the movie well balanced. I loved the bond of all the characters, seeing everyone come together to fight such a force was great. I highly recommend to GO SEE THIS MOVIE. You will surely like it. Expand
  75. May 17, 2012
    Cant believe this movie is getting some negative views. Sure its not perfect, but what movie is , especially one as ambitious as this one. I must admit I was skeptical that they would be able to pull a movie off with so many iconic characters. They did and then some. This is a supremely entertaining comic book movie. In my opinion better than the first Iron Man and miles better than theCant believe this movie is getting some negative views. Sure its not perfect, but what movie is , especially one as ambitious as this one. I must admit I was skeptical that they would be able to pull a movie off with so many iconic characters. They did and then some. This is a supremely entertaining comic book movie. In my opinion better than the first Iron Man and miles better than the Thor and Captain America movies. Amazing and a solid 8 out of 10. Expand
  76. May 18, 2012
    Imagine a typical summer blockbusters, explosions and gunshots, mixed with superheroes, and lastly a true good plot. Boom, you got yourselves the Avengers. Solid cast, eyepopping effects and good yet predictable story. Nuff' said.
  77. May 18, 2012
    The avengers is an best marvel film i have ever seen. At one point of time i loved the spiderman parts . But when we see the way the avengers is been taken itz simply amazing. The incredible hulk was one of the most hilarious and most serious of all. However the way hulk beats up the villain is like the people wash clothes!!!!!!!!
  78. May 18, 2012
    Best movie ever! Awesome action, animation, effects and jokes, it is the best compination of actors and superheroes to date. Worth the watch! I really liked it, and there was not a 11 out of 10 score lol.
  79. May 19, 2012
    UNBELIEVABLE. Best Marvel film to date, hands down! No, best superhero film of all time!!! Saw it in 3D and it was just an awesome experience. So many characters, so much character development, everything done so well. Fantastic performances by all, what a complete success. Only few scenes I thought were a bit carried away; these scenes all included the Hulk. Also the film didn'tUNBELIEVABLE. Best Marvel film to date, hands down! No, best superhero film of all time!!! Saw it in 3D and it was just an awesome experience. So many characters, so much character development, everything done so well. Fantastic performances by all, what a complete success. Only few scenes I thought were a bit carried away; these scenes all included the Hulk. Also the film didn't really explain how Hulk could become a team player....or did I miss it? Despite these flaws, what an incredible and entertaining film - easy 10. Congratulations Marvel/Disney. Can't wait to get it on Blu-ray! Expand
  80. May 18, 2012
    I love this movie! Finally a great movie with my childhood heroes. Do not miss this opportunity, go see this movie now! HULK SMASH! AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!
  81. May 18, 2012
    Best ensemble Super Hero Movie ever! Iron Man and Hulk done great. Thor, Hawkeye done well. Black Widow elite killer assassin tearing up about possibly being torn in half by the Hulk? Not so sure about that.
    Biggest and only real disappointment is Chris Evans inability to fill Caps stature in an ensemble cast. Though he was really good in the cap movie but gets lost in this movie when competing against these other on screen personalities - It doesn't help that they changed caps costume to make him look like he is wearing underoos.
  82. May 18, 2012
    More than delivers. Given the amount of hype that was to be expected in such an epic adventure of bringing several stories together. This movie stands for what comic book fans have been imagining their entire lives. Can't wait to see how they continue and plan to keep the success rolling.
  83. May 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its just the best. The best. Simply perfect, best, awesome, thrilling, humourous and exciting. The effects were simply awesome and if you plan to watch in cinema then make sure you watch it in 3d Expand
  84. May 19, 2012
    Best movie I've seen in years. Amazing cast, dialogue was great. Connected all previous movies perfectly, making it seem like a perfect legacy. Truly great
  85. May 19, 2012
    Very entertaining movie that was well worth the price of admission and is very much suited for the big screen experience. I was completely entertained for the duration of the movie (over 2 hours).
  86. May 19, 2012
    It delivers exactly what its promotional material seems to promise, two hours of impressive CG, clever one liners and an always dependable Robert Downey Jr. If there's a weak point, its that Downey carries the rest of the cast single handedly.
  87. May 26, 2012
    A great film to enjoy with the family and even has some decent character development that I didn't expect in this size of a cast. Robert Downing Jr. steals the show as his character is much more develop over the course of the Marvel movies. I would highly recommended this film to anyone to see more than once. Something I haven't done since the release of The Matrix.
  88. May 21, 2012
    What can I say. This movie pulled out all the stops. I find it hard, and sometimes cliché to rate something a 10, but this film deserved it from start to finish. With an opening that pulled you in, to an ending that left you wanting more, this film deserves the 10 it is receiving.
  89. May 23, 2012
    The movie was actually much better than anticipated.
    I didn't expect the story to go around 1 character and it didn't.
    Joss Whedon did a good job at bringing the cast together to deliver a great story.
    All I wish now is if he could add a bit more action sequence into the film and make it slightly more intense to improve the movie.
  90. May 23, 2012
    Quite possibly my favorite movie of all time. It has everything a good nerdy superhero movie needs and tells a tale that is quite unlike anything we've seen in theaters before with film heroes of 4 different film series coming together. Action was superb especially toward the major final showdown. Acting is fantastic(Mark Ruffalo and the Hulk are quite loveable and you wont miss Ed NortonQuite possibly my favorite movie of all time. It has everything a good nerdy superhero movie needs and tells a tale that is quite unlike anything we've seen in theaters before with film heroes of 4 different film series coming together. Action was superb especially toward the major final showdown. Acting is fantastic(Mark Ruffalo and the Hulk are quite loveable and you wont miss Ed Norton TOO much.)

Though the threat isn't incredibly frightening it provides just enough danger for the plot to seem real and significant enough to justify this great meeting of heroes...

Stick around til after ALL the credits as there's TWO secret endings(although the first is decidedly more important than the second). Go have fun...this is the summer romp well worth the 4 year wait and should prove to the rest of Hollywood what a summer Blockbuster should be like.
  91. May 25, 2012
    The Avengers smashed a hugh number of things by which I would say it's entertaining and full of actions. With all the big stars, amazing special effects, great action scenes, this is the kind of movie you want to spend your money on. However, I must say I don't think it was fast-paced enough for the part where the Avengers were recruited. I checked my watch a few times during that part.
  92. May 24, 2012
    This movie is insane. Best movie I've seen this year. It's a sick action movie and even has some small comedy parts just for laughs. It's a must for anyone who has been a fan of all the other comic book movies or someone looking for a sick action movie.
  93. Tap
    May 24, 2012
    This movie is a great action flick with a few emotional scenes thrown in for good measure. Everything about this movie exudes perfection. Sure, some of the plot makes no logical or practical sense, and sure, some of the casting does not match previous movies featuring the same characters, but dammit, I don't care!

The length of the movie is about 2.5 hours, yet the entire movie seemed

The length of the movie is about 2.5 hours, yet the entire movie seemed to just fly by. After the movie was over, I was shocked that it was already close to midnight. Overall, I just could not get enough of this film. I plan to buy the Blu-Ray/DVD combo once they release it, and I will definitely watch the movie over and over again!
  94. May 24, 2012
    Efectos espectaculares y actuaciones decentes, fue lo unico que pude percebir en esta pelicula, ya que no maneja un guion con buenos argumentos, pues para empezar, ¿cual es realmente la relacion entre Loki y el ejercito extraterrestre?, es una de las cosas que nunca logre comprender. Las actuaciones son lo mas destacable, Mark Ruffalo hizo un gran trabajo interpretando aEfectos espectaculares y actuaciones decentes, fue lo unico que pude percebir en esta pelicula, ya que no maneja un guion con buenos argumentos, pues para empezar, ¿cual es realmente la relacion entre Loki y el ejercito extraterrestre?, es una de las cosas que nunca logre comprender. Las actuaciones son lo mas destacable, Mark Ruffalo hizo un gran trabajo interpretando a Bruce Banner, siempre dando una sensacion de humildad por parte de este personaje, eso hasta que se tranforma en Hulk. Thor, interpretado por Chris Hemsworth, finalmente le dio un toque mas maduro al personaje, justo como en los comics. Chris Evans nunca de los nunca me termino de convencer como el Capitan America, es un personaje que le queda GIGANTESCO, pero observe una mejora a comparacion de la película del personaje. Y creo que no hace falta decirlo, Robert Downey Jr. es brillante como Tony Stark. Yo les pongo un 8, esta puede ser la mejor película de Super heroes por el momento, hicieron un buen trabajo en el especto de las actuaciones, le toco a cada uno su pedacito de pan, osea, su momento de robar camara. Altamente recomendable, 143 minutos que vas a disfrutar. Expand
  95. May 25, 2012
    Awesome. The action, humor, effects are all there. A well developed storyline, characters. The special effects in this movie, JUST AWESOME!! I mean look at the helicarrier, it looks realistic and futuristic at the same time. I am waiting for a sequel, The Avengers have amazed me. Its a MUST WATCH!!!
  96. May 25, 2012
    This is a great movie! Go see it, you won't regret it. It's pretty amazing given all the different characters coming together here that everything flows naturally.
  97. May 28, 2012
    This movie is NOT an apology for the somewhat disappointing Captain America. It is just the next installment in the MARVEL Cinematic Universe that happens to have great line after great line, great performance after great performance, great hell of a wallop after great kick in the face, and it just happens to be all packed in a kickass, 2 hour movie that is excellent in EVERY way. Even ifThis movie is NOT an apology for the somewhat disappointing Captain America. It is just the next installment in the MARVEL Cinematic Universe that happens to have great line after great line, great performance after great performance, great hell of a wallop after great kick in the face, and it just happens to be all packed in a kickass, 2 hour movie that is excellent in EVERY way. Even if youâ Expand
  98. May 26, 2012
    The Avengers, a smart and very entertaining movie.
    Could be the best Marvel Studios movie, in my opinion: it is.
    The humor, action, effects, music are excellent. I thank Joss Whedon make a movie as epic as this. It is just as good as the Dark Knight? No, you need a little to reach the Nolan film. The story is good but not a big deal, but it is best to entertain you from beginning to end.
    The Avengers, a smart and very entertaining movie.
    Could be the best Marvel Studios movie, in my opinion: it is.
    The humor, action, effects, music are excellent.
    I thank Joss Whedon make a movie as epic as this. It is just as good as the Dark Knight? No, you need a little to reach the Nolan film. The story is good but not a big deal, but it is best to entertain you from beginning to end. The best superhero: Iron Man.
  99. May 25, 2012
    The Avengers was a pretty terrific movie. Good job by the Iron Man and Hulk not only in comedy but also in action. The trailer created much anticipation and the movie did well. Indians really really liked the movie.
    I had to force my other pals to go see the movie. The only bad part that half of the shows in India were dubbed so not much of the effect there on the people. Otherwise. Hats off Tony Stark and Hulk..!!
  100. May 29, 2012
    Before I saw the movie, I thought it was going to be a stupid combination of a bunch of bad movies in an attempt to create on good movie.
    I was wrong.
    I was wrong.
    Lets face it, the only one of the avengers with a good individual movie was Captain America. But all together, they made an awesome movie. Teens and adults will love this movie. See the movie immediately. Intense action, combined with Scarlett Johansson in skin tight clothes, makes what could be the best movie of 2012.

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.