The Bay

6.6

1. Nov 14, 2012
    I kind like this film after I have watched so many boring,over-performed scary film.We all know after The Rec and The Blair Witch Project. Many scary movies copy their filming way(play out through handled camera). Some movies got succeed like Paranormal Activity and Cloverfield. But some movies are total garbage,like The Devil Inside ,Apollo 18 and so on. But this one, The Bay is reallyI kind like this film after I have watched so many boring,over-performed scary film.We all know after The Rec and The Blair Witch Project. Many scary movies copy their filming way(play out through handled camera). Some movies got succeed like Paranormal Activity and Cloverfield. But some movies are total garbage,like The Devil Inside ,Apollo 18 and so on. But this one, The Bay is really great actually. It focus more on the reaction of the local government and show us clearly how the disease spread out and people get sick and desperate. Expand
  2. Jul 10, 2013
    The realistic feel of the found-footage genre helps tremendously here. While less of a horror movie than a disturbing and creepy eco-friendly mockumentary, it still delivers on the thrills and eery suspense.
  3. Jul 7, 2014
    More than just a good eco-horror flick with documental-style direction, The Bay is a fantastic examination of the political intrigue brewing beneath the "community-interest" campaign while constantly leaving us breathless with some visually impressive elements of horror and shocking discoveries.
  4. Dec 28, 2014
    This movie is friggin creepy in a whole new way. It made my damn skin crawl, and it takes a lot to make my skin crawl. I really have nothing bad to say about it, it kept me intrigued right from the beginning. I guess if I have anything bad to say it's that it felt a little preachy in terms of environmentalism, but I don't hold that against it. If you're looking for a decent scare andThis movie is friggin creepy in a whole new way. It made my damn skin crawl, and it takes a lot to make my skin crawl. I really have nothing bad to say about it, it kept me intrigued right from the beginning. I guess if I have anything bad to say it's that it felt a little preachy in terms of environmentalism, but I don't hold that against it. If you're looking for a decent scare and intriguing story, The Bay is right for you. Expand
  5. May 23, 2013
    The Bay looks so real, that's why it's so scary.
    There are so many disgusting moments and some really great shocks!
    It's a fine eco-horror I've never seen something like that before
  6. Apr 5, 2013
    By far the best "found footage" I've seen in recent years. Realistic and pretty close to what could happen in real life, if we screw nature too much. The fact that the film had no "main" heroes fighting with zombie hordes or supernatural beings, really added to the whole experience.
  7. Jun 5, 2015
    Told through the lenses of multiple television reporter footage, video camera’s ranging from surveillance, camcorder and web cam footage there are a host of doomed characters in this film that play out a horrendous scenario in almost too realistic fashion. The story unfolds with an eerie calm and warning much in the way real life tends to play out in the digital age with attention beingTold through the lenses of multiple television reporter footage, video camera’s ranging from surveillance, camcorder and web cam footage there are a host of doomed characters in this film that play out a horrendous scenario in almost too realistic fashion. The story unfolds with an eerie calm and warning much in the way real life tends to play out in the digital age with attention being demanded to certain social flaws, lack of protection for environment, responsible consumerism or proper understanding of consequences of commercialism. Only this film brings the worlds of doom-n-gloomer’s and human irresponsibility full force into a hellish realization. The story is a cross between environmental disaster and creature feature, yet is 100% nightmare.

“The Bay” manages to string together a very intense and creepy story by pulling you into the film through a witness of the disaster who managed to survive. A lot of people in this poor town did not! You would think the compiling of so many different types of footage from so many different video sources would be choppy or confusing but in this film’s case it runs smoothly and allows you not get wrapped into the story almost becoming unaware that it is a found footage styled movie. I felt like I was watching the real terror unfold after the event. Much like I tend to watch those shows that relive the disaster’s our world lives daily around the globe in order to find warning signs and learn for better preparedness of the future. I was surprised by how invested in this film I became as I sat with my eyes bugged out, holding my breath and cringing at all the gory goodness “The Bay” offers. I loved this movie.
  8. Jan 23, 2016
    If you didn't like this movie, your taste is bad. It's a well crafted, scary and disturbing, and Barry Levinson made the film even greater. Blumhouse can't help themselves with these great films

1. Reviewed by: Matt Glasby
    Feb 16, 2013
    All prologue and no pay-off, but compelling all the same, this curio plays out like Diary Of The Dead with more diaries and fewer dead.
  2. Reviewed by: Roger Ebert
    Nov 7, 2012
    Although there are some scary moments here, and a lot of gruesome ones, this isn't a horror film so much as a faux eco-documentary.
  3. Arizona Republic
    Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Nov 6, 2012
    It's a small movie but an effective one, using found footage as a means to an end and not as an end in itself. More like it would be a welcome trend.