4.1

1. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Big Wedding" 10 Scale Rating: 2.0 (Awful) ...

The Good: While they didn't deliver, the cast is a talented group.

The Bad: Despite all that talent, the film fails on every level. A comedy that isn't funny, a character study full of uninteresting people, and a level of debauchery that feels forced. Even De Niro, in all his glory, was awful ... and that was difficult to believe.
    Just a shoddy effort all around. Expand
  2. Sep 3, 2014
    Perhaps the writer and director was unaware of all of the versions of film in the last twenty years. I beg to differ. If and only if a film choses a similar path to other premises, the film must excel in some way. The Big Wedding does not.
  3. Nov 2, 2013
    Have you ever watched a movie and you had the strangest feeling someone was sniffing your underwear? Yeah, me neither, but watching this movie even on my computer was an experience just as bad. The Big Wedding manages to live down to it's name, as being a long wait for anything romantic. It manages to be realistic and derivative, yet uninteresting.
  4. Sep 27, 2013
    Terrible, implausible storyline; no chemistry or believable relationship between the actors; I didn't even care enough about the plot or characters to finish watching it; very disappointing
  5. Jun 15, 2013
    It isn't bad but it is cheesy, and it is a movie that no one is going to remember, the actors are amazing but they are all wasted talents in this movie, it is rushed and silly with some funny moments but over all. No
  6. May 1, 2013
    I thought this movie was awful, from it's beginning to the end. The characters not interesting at all & I was left wondering what these talented actors were thinking when they took on these roles. Not funny at all, the plot ridiculous & contrived.
  7. Apr 28, 2013
    When the biological mother of an adopted son comes for the wedding, the divorced parents (Robert De Niro & Diane Keaton) have to pretend to be married again. This causes problems with the current gf (Susan Sarandon), while the other siblings (Katherine Heigl, Topher Grace) bring their own issues. As you can see, the cast if full of gifted comic actors and they bring their talents to bear. The writing doesn't match up: The plot is stale and hardly ever funny. It's full of comic energy, but lite on laffs. Expand
  8. Apr 28, 2013
    Soo Wack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Apr 27, 2013
    You'd think a film that starts with Robert DeNiro getting ready to perform cunnilingus on Susan Sarandon would have nowhere to go but up. You'd be wrong. Never has so much talent been so wasted as in this movie. Avoid it at all cost!
  10. Apr 26, 2013
    The movie is not terrible, but it's one of those movies that no one's going to remember. The storyline and characters are just stale and don't really interest you. It does have its funny moments, but sadly, that's only 20% of the movie. I honestly wish I had more to say, but I'm almost positive that this is probably the most underrated movie of the year so far. Overall, it's just boring. Plain and Simple! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Trevor Johnston
    Jun 15, 2013
    Putting the ‘retch’ into ‘wretched’, this wedding comedy makes the fatal assumption that the sight of acting icons of a certain age – Robert De Niro, Susan Sarandon and Diane Keaton – behaving badly will have us rolling in the aisles.
  2. Reviewed by: Ignatiy Vishnevetsky
    Jun 11, 2013
    The movie is bland hackwork; its crime isn't incompetence, but indifference.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Robey
    May 27, 2013
    This would-be-frothy date flick is a sub-"Meet the Fockers" dog’s dinner.