Fine Line Features | Release Date: June 10, 2005
5.6
Mixed or average reviews based on 19 Ratings
WATCH NOW
TerryS.Jan 8, 2007
I am amazed at the low rating that this movie has received. I thought it was lovely in every aspect. And oddly enough it followed the book almost perfectly. Beautifully done.
RayeS.Nov 10, 2005
I was embarrassed to watch it. Horrible, DeNiro was awful, choppy story, no wonder there was no publicity for it. Feel bad for the crew- beautiful costumes and Art direction. I can only imagine how much $$ went down the tube.
WillJ.Dec 26, 2006
Meh... I watched an hour of this bull crap... story so dry, and, uneventful. Got a good laugh out of the costumes, Cathy Bates looked like an unplucked turkey.
AngelicaT.Dec 28, 2005
I Enjoy the scene where a chain is taken from a live Velazquez painting. I also think a movie that allows for forming different opinions in the characters is better than a common comercial receipe. My regret is way to many subplots.
kANov 2, 2008
I was so touched, enough to do online search on the book and the movie. It is disappointing to read the critics rating, and refreshing to see that many viewers enjoyed it. It is touching..the cast are first rate..the story is deep..the I was so touched, enough to do online search on the book and the movie. It is disappointing to read the critics rating, and refreshing to see that many viewers enjoyed it. It is touching..the cast are first rate..the story is deep..the cinematography is stunning. Expand