7.5

1. GaryN.
    Dec 13, 2008
    As I left the theater I felt I didn't need to see another movie this year... I had just seen the best. Yes it played heavily on our emotions and often turned humor to sadness. ALL the actors delivered award winning performances and the critics.... well... Think they may have over analyzed it... again proving they often don't have a clue what the audience reacts to.
  2. StephanieM.
    Jun 14, 2008
    Spectacular movie! It made me laugh, and cry. It didn't feel like watching a movie, I felt I was there.
  3. patb
    Jul 18, 2008
    The Bucket List- Critics are such losers; moviegoers decide for themselves. I loved this movie. I don't care if it is realistic. Jack and Morgan made me think about my best friend and what we want before we die. We often say things like: "Which ten people would you have to dinner if you want to learn something?" . Now we will make out a "bucket list".
  4. JureB
    Nov 6, 2009
    In today's times when theaters and all film and video production is overwhelmed by violence - needles to say that our ancestors are becoming lost idiotic FPS slayers that often mix reality and fantasy - hat down goes to screenwriter, director, Jack and Morgan for this emotional life experience. By the way I'm 36 now if someone thinks I'm an old pathetic grandpa. And those In today's times when theaters and all film and video production is overwhelmed by violence - needles to say that our ancestors are becoming lost idiotic FPS slayers that often mix reality and fantasy - hat down goes to screenwriter, director, Jack and Morgan for this emotional life experience. By the way I'm 36 now if someone thinks I'm an old pathetic grandpa. And those critics - they are becoming corrupted irrelevant personas. Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2011
    Once again, the critics have it all wrong. Glad we didn't rely on their rating. The movie is wonderful in every way. The only part that was over the top was the crashing of the two cars. Making a "Bucket List" is a good idea for everyone, as it is helpful to set goals and contemplate one's mortality. We will highly recommend this movie.
  6. F***ingCritics
    Jul 3, 2008
    To all the critics on this page - You guys are straight f***ing crazy. To find so many negative aspects in something so simple and beautiful should be a crime. If you honestly think this movie was garbage you need to do some soul searching. Try to venture far your arrogant minds and appreciate the simple things in life. Something tells me you think way to much of yourselves.
  7. SusmitK.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Beautiful and heart warming movie. Touched the cord!! Go take a hike...and rethink your life all you moronic critics!!
  8. agirl
    Feb 24, 2008
    What a funny movie! My kids enjoyed it and thought that Jack was what made the movie even more fantastic.
  9. ElaineS.
    Mar 31, 2008
    I don't understand why some crtics said that this movie was a waste of time. To me this movie is one of the most beautiful and touching story. There are laughs and there are cries. After watching this movie, I have put it in my list of favorite movies. Despite what the critics have to say, I think that this movie is definitely worth the time to watch and I think that this movie DOES I don't understand why some crtics said that this movie was a waste of time. To me this movie is one of the most beautiful and touching story. There are laughs and there are cries. After watching this movie, I have put it in my list of favorite movies. Despite what the critics have to say, I think that this movie is definitely worth the time to watch and I think that this movie DOES indeed have alot of reality in it. It's Wonderful. I loved every minute of it. Expand
  10. Michelle
    Feb 14, 2008
    What a fun flick! And to Chad's comment "my main man, Ray" is a direct reference to "Rain Main".... calls him that because Carter has all these facts in his head (remember how Rain Man was like that with all kinds of information?).
  11. TiffanyH.
    Feb 17, 2008
    Couldn't have been better. Made me cry like a baby
  12. PhyllisL.
    Apr 19, 2008
    I base3 this purely on the strong acting of Nicholson and freeman, as well as a heartwarming story..very much enjoyed.
  13. LarryS
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful in all of its simplicity.
  14. ErnestoB.
    Feb 3, 2008
    My wife and I just viewed the movie this evening and both of us found it to be a very heart-warming movie. An enjoyable film and a typical of Rob Reiner film. We would highly recommend it. It would resonate well with anyone coming to grips with their mortality. Judging from the audience reactions, the moments of levity were spot on.
  15. RoyC
    Apr 10, 2008
    The Bucket List is a great film. Nice storyline. Very entertaining. Audiences kept filling the theater with laughter. Touching at times. The critics have got it wrong. Love it~!!
  16. GaryE.
    Apr 7, 2008
    The best movie I have seen in years. The critics definitely got it wrong and need to get in touch with what most people are looking for in movies - entertainment.
  17. notsure
    Jan 12, 2008
    A movie full of wisdom and fun. If you don't like this movie, the problem lies within yourself.
  18. Trina
    Jan 4, 2008
    I think it was a great movie. It's a feel good movie, I laughed and cried but I really enjoyed it. A real clean, nice movie.
  19. MichelleF.
    Feb 15, 2008
    I thought it was very funny and at the same time very touching. There was a lot of chemistry between the 2 characters.
  20. Fantasy
    Feb 2, 2008
    Jack & Morgan put on quite a show together. Totally believable and each of the characters they portray is very much like we (the public) see them as great actors. They touch every emotion and present impending death in a very dignified manor. Excellent.
  21. DanW.
    Jun 11, 2008
    It's a great movie with 2 fantastic actors! That some can't see the irony in this movie is not the movies issue. They should look in the mirror and start their own Bucket List! I am sure they will need it someday and I venture to guess they won't face the inevitable with such grace!
  22. BillC.
    Jul 18, 2008
    Way better than I expected. Those who give it a thumbs down tend to be those under age 50? Rob Reiner did a fine job as did the two leads.
  23. Mukul
    Jun 16, 2008
    How can the critics give a 40% to this movie? They can give 80% to the Hulk, and a 42% to this? I don't have words to describe this movie. One of the best movies I have seen. Period. It will make you look at life in a different way..make you realize what is really important in life, things we have forgotten in this hectic, materialistic life..Watch the movie. You wont regret it one bit.
  24. Joe
    Jul 19, 2008
    Perfect example of why I never read critics reviews. If I ever get brain damage I can always be a movie critic, what morons. Watched it last night with my wife, it gives you a different perspective on life and death. Probably happens in real life more than one would think. We laughed and my wife cried. Enjoyed it!
  25. MauricioL.
    Jul 2, 2008
    very good, the setting were great, the idea of the movie was kind of dumb and well they meet and then go around the world , it ws a very good drama and well worth seeing
  26. JasonV.
    Jun 14, 2008
    I will admit that at first the movie seemed to start off a little slow. But, as you watch the movie you realize that it explains the incredible bond that is created between these two terminally ill cancer patients. This movie is now near the top of my list as one of the greatest movies I have seen. It makes a person realize that your problems aren't nearly as bad as those of the I will admit that at first the movie seemed to start off a little slow. But, as you watch the movie you realize that it explains the incredible bond that is created between these two terminally ill cancer patients. This movie is now near the top of my list as one of the greatest movies I have seen. It makes a person realize that your problems aren't nearly as bad as those of the people, family and friends who deal with this kind of problem. Enjoy. Expand
  27. Dec 29, 2011
    I find it kind of heartless how such a movie is dismissed as a piece of sentimental frivolity. Since when? I find it difficult to understand that this sort of movie is sentimental - it may be in parts, but that's not the point. This was about morality, about humanity, the human condition. To show you that you shouldn't blow all your life away, because of life's unpredictability. This had aI find it kind of heartless how such a movie is dismissed as a piece of sentimental frivolity. Since when? I find it difficult to understand that this sort of movie is sentimental - it may be in parts, but that's not the point. This was about morality, about humanity, the human condition. To show you that you shouldn't blow all your life away, because of life's unpredictability. This had a meaning, a PROPER meaning, unlike other movies. I would highly recommend this movie, because when you cry during this movie, you will feel better for it. Sometimes it's good to cry, and where a movie can make you laugh and cry around the same time, there's no way you'd want to miss this. If you want a REAL sentimental pile of garbage, go check out Titanic, which in my opinion, is TOTALLY overrated. Expand
  28. Jan 13, 2012
    Truly don't understand the critics, yes some scenes were over the top: two cars crashing together, Nicholson's hairy arm after chemotherapy, etc. Truth is money can't buy you love or joy. Very touching film and worth watching, once again...what the hell critics.

1. You'd think the team of Rob Reiner, Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman might have had the right stuff. Alas, their labored efforts fail to lift The Bucket List out of its flatlining state.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A feel-good film about death, a sitcom about mortality, "Ikiru" for meatheads. It's also a picture about two cancer patients confronting reality, and deciding how they want to spend their presumed last days, that has not an ounce of reality about it.
  3. Reviewed by: Julia Wallace
    Turns out The Bucket List is a meta-film, mostly about how these two legendary actors interact and what it means to be an actor in your own life.