Sony Pictures Classics | Release Date: December 19, 2008
7.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 98 Ratings
WATCH NOW
DWillyFeb 7, 2009
A very dull movie. Not even a movie, really. I'm guessing critics who can't understand French thought something real was taking place, but it's not. It's amateur. The actors break and the filmmakers pass it off as acting. A very dull movie. Not even a movie, really. I'm guessing critics who can't understand French thought something real was taking place, but it's not. It's amateur. The actors break and the filmmakers pass it off as acting. I can imagine an American inner city teacher going to this movie and having the response: "Ha! Is this suppose to be rough? Our honor role students would destroy these punks." Education is such a great topic for transformational drama and none of it happens in this slice-of-life movie, no doubt transcribed from a real class of snotty jerks. Collapse
GloriaSMar 16, 2009
I thought the film was overly long, tedious, and boring. It's a puzzlement to me how the critics could give it such high marks.
andrewwFeb 8, 2009
Pretty boring, the climax was especially dull. i was ready to leave after the first 30 minutes.
nonameApr 9, 2009
One of the worst, boring, repetitive and disappointing movies I've ever seen! The point of view of the students isn't explored, the conversations are often parallel and repetitive and its just the beginning.
richardjSep 7, 2009
Well, this film has had very high critical ratings. I must be missing something as I thought this film was tedious, very long in length and no character development at all and poorly acted. The joke is I have just trained as a teacher and Well, this film has had very high critical ratings. I must be missing something as I thought this film was tedious, very long in length and no character development at all and poorly acted. The joke is I have just trained as a teacher and this class on screen were the most docile pupils I would have ever taught and most of them were very unintelligent, try teaching in South London in the UK or schools in the US within rough areas, when you have to break up knife fights, issues with anger management, ADD and other issues. With that in mind, this film makes The Class seem very weak, Souleyman would never have been expelled in most schools for what he did as it was a minor incident and the new boy was perfectic. If this was an English speaking film, it would be laughed at and criticised for being tame. Don't believe the hype, and don't watch as you will be wasting two to three hours of your life. Expand
RyanSAug 17, 2009
Boring, monotonous drivel. Felt like I was back in grade school, listening to all the bickering going on around me. This movie really is pointless. It just goes on and on.
PerrT.Feb 15, 2009
Boring - had to fight to stay awake. what are the critics thinking -- do they have a clue about what drama is? felt like my entire high school experience crammed into one protracted evening. metacritic let us down!!!!!! [ed: talk to the critics]