Summit Entertainment | Release Date: September 7, 2012
4.0
Mixed or average reviews based on 41 Ratings
WATCH NOW
MarcDoyleSep 21, 2012
It's clear that Cavill has some talent, and he's got the look, physicality , and charm to be an action star. The problem with this film is that the writing (the structure of the screenplay in particular) and directing are horrible. TheyIt's clear that Cavill has some talent, and he's got the look, physicality , and charm to be an action star. The problem with this film is that the writing (the structure of the screenplay in particular) and directing are horrible. They squander both Willis and Weaver, who look mildly interested in the proceedings, and nothing more. I was thinking that any episode of Strike Back on Cinemax buries this film. Expand
NerdConsultantMay 12, 2015
you really have to wonder what Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver were on when they said yes to this bland awful action film that required no effort whatsoever. Henry Cavil is trying but you get the sense that he's counting the seconds til heyou really have to wonder what Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver were on when they said yes to this bland awful action film that required no effort whatsoever. Henry Cavil is trying but you get the sense that he's counting the seconds til he can be in Man of Steel. the action shots and sequence are terrible and the day for night shots are some of the worst i've ever seen aiding a plot that is terrible. there's a reason it wasn't screened for critics if we had read any of them prior no one would have seen it. Expand
DCEdmondsNov 13, 2014
"The Cold Light of Day" 10 Scale Rating: 2.0 (Terrible) ...

The Good: For the brief time that he was in it, Bruce Willis was pretty good. The Bad: I've seen Cavill in a few films before and he was a solid actor in them ... but he took a
"The Cold Light of Day" 10 Scale Rating: 2.0 (Terrible) ...

The Good: For the brief time that he was in it, Bruce Willis was pretty good.

The Bad: I've seen Cavill in a few films before and he was a solid actor in them ... but he took a vacation for this one because he was dreadful. For a suspenseful chase film it was pretty boring. Very straight forward, predictable, and full of things that I've seen done in other films ... but done well.
chwAug 22, 2014
The Cold Light of Day didn't have a point to have been made. The movie has no original plot, probably cut-off from a GOOD movie, and the actors were under terrible direction because in other films they're good actors.
REDWOUNov 22, 2014
Stupid movie, but not as bad as others. Barely a story, it was probably homework that took ten minutes for a fifth grader, because The Cold Light of Day was THAT bad.
JamusesApr 15, 2013
A truly dreadful waste of time. Weaver and Willis should be ashamed for appearing in this cut and paste movie. What hurts worse is that I actually bought the movie because of Willis and Weaver. Shame on me for not checking reviews first.
FireboxJul 25, 2013
I found this exceedingly boring. Not because I found the actors boring (in fact Henry Cavill and Bruce Willis are my favourites) but because the directing and the structure of the movie it felt monotonous, frankly.