4.3

1. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Cold Light of Day" 10 Scale Rating: 2.0 (Terrible) ...

The Good: For the brief time that he was in it, Bruce Willis was pretty good.

The Bad: I've seen Cavill in a few films before and he was a solid actor in them ... but he took a vacation for this one because he was dreadful. For a suspenseful chase film it was pretty boring. Very straight forward, predictable, and full of
    things that I've seen done in other films ... but done well. Expand
  2. chw
    Aug 22, 2014
    The Cold Light of Day didn't have a point to have been made. The movie has no original plot, probably cut-off from a GOOD movie, and the actors were under terrible direction because in other films they're good actors.
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    This movie just felt lazy to me. It’s like the production just said, “Forget decent action, forget likable characters, forget about having a decent antagonist and let’s focus on spending the entire budget on getting Bruce Willis to phone-in his role like he does in everything he’s in.” And since the budget was probably small, Willis’ role is incredibly short. For the most part, this film is just forgettable as it does little to stand out. Expand
  4. Jul 25, 2013
    I found this exceedingly boring. Not because I found the actors boring (in fact Henry Cavill and Bruce Willis are my favourites) but because the directing and the structure of the movie it felt monotonous, frankly.
  5. Apr 18, 2013
    Unfortunately this movie was a major let down. The biggest reason is for the mediocre action sequences. From the fight scenes to the car chases to the gun fights, they all feel really fake. The acting isn't horrible and the cinematic effects are decent enough. The story had some potential too but ultimately the terrible action ruined the film.
  6. Apr 15, 2013
    A truly dreadful waste of time. Weaver and Willis should be ashamed for appearing in this cut and paste movie. What hurts worse is that I actually bought the movie because of Willis and Weaver. Shame on me for not checking reviews first.
  7. Sep 21, 2012
    It's clear that Cavill has some talent, and he's got the look, physicality , and charm to be an action star. The problem with this film is that the writing (the structure of the screenplay in particular) and directing are horrible. They squander both Willis and Weaver, who look mildly interested in the proceedings, and nothing more. I was thinking that any episode of Strike Back on Cinemax buries this film. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Sheri Linden
    Sep 13, 2012
    A by-the-numbers thriller that often looks as murky as its plot.
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Sep 12, 2012
    Weaver and Willis look bored silly while essaying their paint-by-numbers roles, and this film does nothing to make me think Cavill is going to be Zack Snyder's Superman incarnate.
  3. Reviewed by: Guy Lodge
    Sep 12, 2012
    Sensibly rationing his facial expressions at this early stage in his career, 29-year-old actor and future Superman Cavill lacks the gruff authority of Liam Neeson - the go-to guy for tacky Euro-thrillers about dogged men shooting up the Continent - but looks better in a tight T-shirt.