The Comebacks

2.9

1. Nov 26, 2011
    Compared to other spoof movies, It was pretty good. A few funny scenes in it and does a good job parodying things as well. However the film features a lot of stupid parts and that ruined the film.
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    Yea, I thought this was funny maybe the first 3 times I saw it (It's re run A LOT on daytime television, which is a testament to it's poor quality) and I mean there were parts I laughed at, David Koechner is average. The 4th time I saw it, I was so bored I almost fell asleep, other than a couple funny moments, The Comebacks jokes are bland and mostly unfunny and repititve. There are a fewYea, I thought this was funny maybe the first 3 times I saw it (It's re run A LOT on daytime television, which is a testament to it's poor quality) and I mean there were parts I laughed at, David Koechner is average. The 4th time I saw it, I was so bored I almost fell asleep, other than a couple funny moments, The Comebacks jokes are bland and mostly unfunny and repititve. There are a few funny moments, but other than that, The Comebacks has nothing else going for it. Expand
  3. RobtW.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Walked out of this movie. Only the second time in my life and I go to a lot of movies. This is not funny. It is painfully not funny. The "jokes" are cruel and crude and there is no point to this movie. This makes Epic and Scary IV look like award winners. Bad acting bad script and boring.
  4. MikeS
    Nov 30, 2007
    Horrible. 1st movie I ever walked out of 20 mins into. Seriously awful.
  5. TamraW.
    Oct 19, 2007
    I just wasted money on this movie. This movie should not be for kids under 18.I would not recommend this movie to anyone.Worst movie I have seen.
  6. Alfredg.
    Dec 30, 2007
    One of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.
  7. KentC.
    Jan 15, 2008
    How many more parody movies are we going to have to see? After Scary Movie 3, these all went downhill, starting with the disaster known as Date Movie. One can only hope that Meet The Spartans will be a tiny bit better
  8. BILLYAGE8
    Oct 19, 2007
    This movie was terrible. Full of overused stupid dirty jokes, and "eye candy" as my coworkers call it. Yes it was making fun of sports movies, it just seemed that they hurried to get this out before someone else made a "Sports Movie" following along the line of Scary, Epic, and Date movies. However, it did make me kind of chuckle at parts, so i wont give it a 1, it gets a 2.
  9. MarcusA.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Crude, tasteless, and inept. To quote Richard Ropert "This Movie Sucks"
  10. Anonymous
    Jan 19, 2008
    This is the equivalent of Hollywood pooing in a sock and calling it entertainment. I went to the movie, but I was the only one in the entire room. Tastelessly done, all this deserves and all it will ever get is a zero.

As dumb spoofs go, The Comebacks isn't bad. It takes almost every sports movie of the last five years ("Field of Dreams," too) and blends them into a single slapdash comedy.
  2. Variety
    Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    An exceptionally lame genre parody that plumbs depths of ineptitude heretofore charted only by the marginally less abysmal "Date Movie."
    Isn’t as obnoxiously awful as, say, "Epic Movie"; it’s simply not funny in the least.