7.6

1. G'DayMate
    Sep 29, 2002
    Oh my god!!! i am soooooooooooo in love with steve irwin he is just so damn hot!!! too bad hes got a wife or else he would be mine=) steve, oh steve, where art thou steve???
  2. KatieG.
    Nov 9, 2002
    This is the best movie that I've seen in a long time. All of my friends have seen the movie and my friend Kayla rated it a 20, and Nya gave it a 110 (if you could rate it that far. Plus (to me and my friends) The Croc Hunter is the most awsome man alive!!!
  3. CanerK.
    Dec 10, 2002
    This movie rocks no matter what them 4w23545 other people say.
  4. PeterH.
    Oct 23, 2002
    My, how the critics got this one wrong. How deep "Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course" is. After watching it, I feel my soul being lifted, opened up to new ideas. One of the greatest movie-watching privileges of my life. Essentially an allegory about global tensions. "Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course," while unquestionably the BP of the year, is quite possibly the best film yet made.
  5. JamieD.
    Jul 16, 2002
    Steve is awsome in the movie and on thev tv series He may seem a little odd but hey thats just him!!
  6. LoveJ.
    Jul 18, 2002
    The plot and acting is weak. The actors reminded me of American actors in movies from Hong Kong. But Steve Irwin and his wife save the movie because of their real-life adventures featuring snakes, crocodiles, and spiders. See the matinee.
  7. EricS.
    Aug 12, 2002
    Essentially the same as the television show on the big screen. The TV show is good, and so is the movie.
  8. EricCartman
    Jan 15, 2004
    Sheesh drew B you suck for givin this movie a 1 crikey it was good.
  9. DrewB.
    Jul 13, 2002
    I have seen some pretty bad movies before but this was pathetic!
  10. BobB.
    Jul 17, 2002
    CROIKEE!
  11. May 26, 2011
    Crikey! An unexpected intro leads you into a whirlwind of outback adventure. This over-the-top adventure takes you through an unforgettable experience in the down-under. Steve Irwin is at the top of his game in this thrilling quest around some of Australiaâ
  12. Nov 5, 2014
    The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course: 5 out of 10: Okay first lets forget the movie for a minute. I mean the film is okay if you like the Crocodile Hunter and you have no business seeing it if you don't. The DVD extras however are brilliant.

For example they show, over years mind you, Steve Irwin and his misses Terri training their star crocodiles to attack a boat without eating the cast. Needless to say the training doesn't really work.

So we have wonderful footage of a barely mobile Steve complete with a knee bandage almost being chomped by a couple of over sized crocs that are some naughty shielas indeed. Now all lot of this footage makes the movie proper gussied up for whatever plot point is at hand. But it is the raw footage that shows how no CGI or mechanical crocs were used. It also covers the endless training to get the crocs used to the sets and cameras.

The crocs successfully, after a while, do ignore the cameras and lights but never their chief tormentor Steve. The crocs act all calm then as soon as action is shouted they go for Steve's jugular like they were starring in a Faces of Death video. The amount of work involved for such a relatively lightweight film is rather awe inspiring.

The film itself is rather simple. Steve and his wife find various Australian wildlife each more deadly than the last. Wildlife tries to kill Steve. Steve yells crikey. There is also an easily ignorable plot about the CIA or something that makes Kangaroo Jack look like a Charlie Kaufman film.

And a warning to impressionable baby boomers, there is a desecration of Elton John's Crocodile Rock by the Baha Men. The DVD even includes a horrible video of same in case you capture some terrorists and need them to talk quick.

One last note. For no discernible reason the aspect ratio changes when Steve is on screen and when Steve is off screen. So if you're like me and A: You weren't paying enough attention before the film. B: You have a wide screen television. C: Your remote is an all in one affair that could land a Space Shuttle and has become a sentient being. Well needless to say according to witnesses my attempts to "correct" this were pretty funny to watch.

1. A curiously thrilling and often hilarious experience.
  2. When I say this movie's a charm, I'm really talking about Irwin.
  3. It is not a great ad-vain-cha, and it's a lousy movie. But it underscores Irwin's kitschy popularity as a sideshow entertainer on the Animal Planet channel, where he cheerfully wrestles or rescues all manner of Aussie wildlife while telling the camera what great danger he is in.