Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: March 22, 2013
7.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 281 Ratings
Watch Now
EpicLadySpongeJan 25, 2016
Prehistoric times... were there for a reason. They're a part of history. Looks like this movie's attempt to make a comedy adventure on prehistoric times work out. 2013's on the ball with movies.
TheQuietGamerNov 1, 2013
DreamWorks proves once again that they know how to create a beautifully animated, hilarious, and heartwarming family movie. The all-star voice cast really brings these characters to life, and the movie is filmed to the brim with the non-stopDreamWorks proves once again that they know how to create a beautifully animated, hilarious, and heartwarming family movie. The all-star voice cast really brings these characters to life, and the movie is filmed to the brim with the non-stop laughs. The story at the core of it all is sweet as well, even if it is a bit familiar. I have to give special praise to the fantastic animation work. It's hard to not believe that the environments and the animals aren't real. They are some of the most lifelike and realistic I've ever seen in an animated movie. The character models also look great, but thanks to their exaggerated features end up looking less lifelike than the environments and animals. However this is still the best looking animated movie I've ever seen, even beating out Pixar's strongest efforts.

This is a fantastic, must-watch family comedy. It's got everything a high-quality animated movie should have, like fantastic voice acting, animation, humor, and story. So when you and your family are sitting down for a family movie night "The Croods" should be at the top of your list. It truly is one of the best animated movies I've ever seen.
BrianMcCriticJul 11, 2013
I really enjoyed this film because not only is it visually beautiful but it is very funny and emotionally gripping. The family dinamic really worked for me and the little girl Sandy and the sloth Belt were my favorites.
ThegodfathersonMar 23, 2013
A perfect match for children who love movies such as Ice Age and The Lorax. The Croods is a magical movie with lots of fun and lost of laughs. Very sweet and cute with lots of positive messages about being together with family. The Croods isA perfect match for children who love movies such as Ice Age and The Lorax. The Croods is a magical movie with lots of fun and lost of laughs. Very sweet and cute with lots of positive messages about being together with family. The Croods is your ticket to a great child movie. Expand
foxgroveJan 10, 2014
This beautifully designed and colourful cartoon sustains its story and pacing very well. It is full of wit, humour and funny lines and it ends on an up beat note with a very moving finale. I must admit to being very resistant to seeing it,This beautifully designed and colourful cartoon sustains its story and pacing very well. It is full of wit, humour and funny lines and it ends on an up beat note with a very moving finale. I must admit to being very resistant to seeing it, but I must confess it's not only (along with Frozen) the best animated film of the year, it's also one of the better films of the year generally. Where most animated films run out of gas long before the end this one delivers in full. A real hoot. Expand
ZilcellMar 30, 2013
The Croods is unique. That is a simple way to put it, but this is the best cavemen movie i've ever seen. The show has it all. Interesting characters, heartwarming moments, nonstop laughs, and beautiful animation. Sure, any computer animatedThe Croods is unique. That is a simple way to put it, but this is the best cavemen movie i've ever seen. The show has it all. Interesting characters, heartwarming moments, nonstop laughs, and beautiful animation. Sure, any computer animated film nowadays can look great, but The Croods stands out for its extremely colorful animation. YOU MUST SEE IT! Expand
MonkiReviewsMay 28, 2017
I loved it. The characters were very funny, but also very emotional. The story about the neighbors, that was funny. Trust me, it is worth it, the ending is magical.
BikerjamesApr 1, 2013
Dreamworks is making some great animation, and is currently better than Pixar. The last two Pixar films (Cars2, Brave) were duds. The animation and 3D of The Croods is excellent. There are imaginative looking creatures all along the way,Dreamworks is making some great animation, and is currently better than Pixar. The last two Pixar films (Cars2, Brave) were duds. The animation and 3D of The Croods is excellent. There are imaginative looking creatures all along the way, and the pacing is frenetic and funny. It isn't quite as good as How to Train Your Dragon (so far their masterpiece) but it's close. I thought it would bother me that they used Nicolas Cage as the voice of the father because his voice is so distinctive that it would be distracting, but it didn't turn out that way. All the voice actors do a fine job. Expand
homer4presidentMar 29, 2015
A visually stunning and very entertaining postmodern crossing of The Flintstones and The Simpsons that will prove exciting for the whole family, offering a touching and quite appealing message about discovery and fear of change.
Movie1997Mar 24, 2013
This was surprisingly well made. It has a little bit of everything, humor, romance and even some suspense, but very little. It works out well not only for kids, but for adults as well, which has worked out like that since "Toy Story 3".This was surprisingly well made. It has a little bit of everything, humor, romance and even some suspense, but very little. It works out well not only for kids, but for adults as well, which has worked out like that since "Toy Story 3". Overall, it's extremely enjoyable. Expand
SEROJSep 8, 2013
Story Average Action Excellent Characters Excellent Fun Excellent, Ending Average. I totally loved it! 7/10 Very near to 8/10, but i expected (while watching) a little bit more.
Forrestgump1Jun 4, 2013
"The Croods is a HUGE achievement for Dreamworks Animation. Visually appealing with a heart-warming story that at times is emotional and very clever. Featuring a nice voice cast, a film that could have been awful, turned out to be quite the"The Croods is a HUGE achievement for Dreamworks Animation. Visually appealing with a heart-warming story that at times is emotional and very clever. Featuring a nice voice cast, a film that could have been awful, turned out to be quite the opposite." ..B Expand
CherryxldNov 23, 2014
The Croods es una película de animación que contiene varios y creativos momentos de risa, con buena animación y una historia que logra ser entretenida para así volverse en una gran película del género familiar.
MikefromAngusFeb 7, 2014
huge surprise of an animated movie! The critics were totally wrong about this one! It was fun to watch, with great animations! and the story was decent as well!
jeff_reviewsJul 4, 2013
The beginning does not start out promising (as it tries to take advantage of 3-D), but after its done, the movie gets better and more enjoyable. "The Croods" is just fun. Great animation wonderfully animated environment, wonderfully animatedThe beginning does not start out promising (as it tries to take advantage of 3-D), but after its done, the movie gets better and more enjoyable. "The Croods" is just fun. Great animation wonderfully animated environment, wonderfully animated characters, wonderfully animated creatures (even though its not accurate to the time period), are one of the movies strengths, and the message to try new things works but is predictable. "The Croods" is fast paced, but not as cleverly written as films recently released like "Monsters University". While the movie isn't as deep in emotions, the film passes with its humor and creative spin on our prehistoric world. Expand
AwesomeReviewerMar 24, 2013
“The Croods” has a simple story about old vs. new and family. The family must move when disaster strikes and learn to adapt to new ways of doing things. Resistant at first, they meet a boy named Guy, who helps them rediscover the ever“The Croods” has a simple story about old vs. new and family. The family must move when disaster strikes and learn to adapt to new ways of doing things. Resistant at first, they meet a boy named Guy, who helps them rediscover the ever changing world. The film tells us to embrace new things with open arms and enjoy all the wonders life has to offer. Not everything new is evil or makes you any less of a person than your ancestors. Family is a pretty central part of the film as we can see them bonding and doing a lot of things together.

The film is a little light on heart and emotions, but more than makes up for it with its unique sense of humor. The punches keep rolling with slap stick, sight gags and jokes about cavemen and their primitive ways. I was literally laughing from beginning to end. The sheer amount of creativity in the film is commendable and I was constantly thinking where do they come up with some of these ideas.

Chris Sanders and Kirk De Micco do a pretty good job of directing the film. They give a good amount of attention to the family and each individual character. I really like how certain things introduced earlier in the film serve a purpose later on. If any animated movie ever deserved to get nominated at The Oscars for Cinematography, it would be this one. The shots and angles are so unique and filled with so much energy. The sweeping shots of the landscape and the skies are beautiful to the eyes. The hunting scene early in the film is really where most of this is apparent.

The characters are good, especially Grug. He’s funny and a really devoted father, but incredibly stubborn. Nicolas Cage brings the right amount of crazy caveman and caring father to his character. Emma Stone as Eep is also a solid character. She’s curious and her design is way better than what the trailers make it out to be. I like how she isn’t the typical perfect figured woman. She has messed up teeth, she has a full figure, and overall is not bounded by gender roles. The rest of the cast is okay as they don’t do much. The mom is kinda bland, Thunk and Gran provide some of the comic relief, and Guy is just the cool kid that has the crazy new ideas that shake up the family.

The animation is quite gorgeous especially the hand-drawn opening sequence. The desert scenes are desolate and feel very isolated. A great juxtapose to it are the lush and vibrant forest locations. The directors do a lot visually with the film and make everything the characters see feel new to us as well. When they see stars for the first time, it really feels like you’re really seeing stars for the first time. The character designs are unique and highly creative. Every creature is completely new and never before seen. Score for this film is actually quite good. It feels very prehistoric, but with a modern flare. It gets really exciting and emotional when the film takes a slight dramatic turn.

Overall “The Croods” is a pretty good film. It has probably the best cinematography I’ve ever seen in an animated feature. It’s highly creative, and the animation is quite beautiful. The main characters are well rounded and the side characters serve their purpose. The story is a little simple and lacks an emotional punch, well at least until the end, but it is effective. Humor is top notch and will keep you laughing all the way through. I give it 4/5, creative, hilarious, and a fun time for families of all ages.
RevRonOct 3, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I went into this one with very little expectations but found I really enjoyed it. It took a little getting used to as the film takes place in a fictional era of history where far-fetched animals dot the landscape but, once I got used to seeing ram birds, elephant mice and a saber-tooth tiger I'm sure was part parrot, I found a colorful, fun movie.

The voice acting is great in this movie as each actor perfectly encapsulates their character--with special mention going to Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds and Nic Cage. Each did their character better than needed to be but it only helped cement this as a great family animated movie with great undertones and themes about the importance of love and family. Yes, that's a mushy way to end this review but it was the film's strongest aspect.
HazzaGallaMar 26, 2016
The Croods, although it's title implies otherwise, is actually one of the more surprising animated movies. Clever and cheerful, with some decent humour and impressive visuals. It's not groundbreaking and it does have it's cliche and oddThe Croods, although it's title implies otherwise, is actually one of the more surprising animated movies. Clever and cheerful, with some decent humour and impressive visuals. It's not groundbreaking and it does have it's cliche and odd moments, but the positives overrule the negatives and despite this, is still a decent film. Expand
Annoymous1May 5, 2013
Lot of 3-D films don't technically work but The Croods proved my theory wrong. It used 3-D very good (But still not enough). To say the least this movie is similar to Madagascar but still not enough to complete that franchise.
skyminsterAug 2, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Croods, in a nutshell, is a pretty decent film; it offers exhilarating fast paced and comedic action scenes and slow, story based scenes (also comedic). Although the dialogue isn't particularly clever, it'll do for a simple Dreamworks feature film; it's more visual than vocal for the laughs. The film uses a simple but charming plot causing a simple family of cavemen to go on a long, crazy journey to "Tomorrow" by following the incredibly close sun. It's packed with mildly funny, action-packed, and emotional sequences. The film doesn't really end, as such. It kind of ends with them "going on" towards "Tomorrow". So I give this film a... 72/100! Expand
dante_finnJul 5, 2013
Really Funny Movie.....................................................................................................................................
SmeeApr 6, 2013
This is the best animation movie ever made also the best film of 2013 till today.With fresh theme nice humor and awesome 3D effects. Hope they make part 2 of this as soon.
forestvilleMar 23, 2013
The cinema room 5 where I live, is not working because the projector can not produce tapes digital theater and I could not see Silver Linings Playbook.
Yes, believe it or not, that movie was just on my land. had to get all the public to see another movie because there was reimbursement and I choose this because it was the most striking click, but that do not care so I'll go to the point.
I must say I just surprising me but there is little to say in a more than remarkable animated film. It takes a while to pick up pace but once pluck not stop.
The idea of seeing a story told a thousand times but starring cavemen do not think is particularly attractive, a fact that is compounded if the character designs, one of the main problems in the Dreamworks animated film from Shrek 4 in my opinion are not especially attractive.

What I liked most were the good character designs and environments that run on them, they are beautiful and attractive as well Life Of Pi, of course it does not exceed it and are not comparable, but they are really good, they were very well done especially if you enjoy it in 3D you will be amazed.

We must not deceive ourselves and say 'The Croods: A Prehistoric Adventure' is an essential film, but it is a perfect example of the commonplace and the topics are not necessarily bad, but you can still build great entertainment for all public. The only really essential is that there is someone behind with talent and desire to do things, which is precisely what happens in this case.
jlplattenMar 24, 2013
This was a good movie with enjoyable characters. I found myself laughing or smiling constantly. The director made some really good movies in the past, like Lilo & Stitch and How to Train Your Dragon. This was definitely his weakest film, butThis was a good movie with enjoyable characters. I found myself laughing or smiling constantly. The director made some really good movies in the past, like Lilo & Stitch and How to Train Your Dragon. This was definitely his weakest film, but still good. The one flaw with the movie is that it was very repetitive. The whole movie the family is constantly running from danger and they reused some jokes. I think all kids well like this movie. Expand
film_bugAug 18, 2013
A surprisingly heart-warming animation. A family-friendly story that brings laughter and tears. The characters didn't seem interesting at first, but they sure do grow on you! By the end of the movie, you will have discovered a new-found loveA surprisingly heart-warming animation. A family-friendly story that brings laughter and tears. The characters didn't seem interesting at first, but they sure do grow on you! By the end of the movie, you will have discovered a new-found love for the characters and the story itself. Expand
BlancheAug 11, 2017
The critics and I don't seem to get along. This is a really warm, high-spirited motion picture with unconventional quirks. The story is quite good, but what really sets this film apart from most of its other animated contemporaries are theThe critics and I don't seem to get along. This is a really warm, high-spirited motion picture with unconventional quirks. The story is quite good, but what really sets this film apart from most of its other animated contemporaries are the unorthodox dynamics between the characters. They aren't run of the mill and each of them boast bright personalities. A really good animated film. Expand
SpankyApr 3, 2013
Believe it or not, this is the best movie I've seen this year. Don't make the mistake thinking this is only a Kira's movie. Wildly imaginative and creative. I saw this with two other adults and we all loved it.
PimpinpakmanMay 6, 2013
This is a great family movie. I went with my little kid on her birthday and she loved it. On the way back she kept saying the lines over and over again. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a family comedy without any drawbacks.

I

I even hope they make croods 2 lol
SJ-ULTI-ReiewsOct 5, 2013
This is a great movie that the whole family will enjoy. Nicholas Cage and the rest of the cast are exellent in their roles. The Croods is an underrated movie that should have been recognized for its story and prehistoric setting.
hacmiu36Mar 24, 2013
This may be not first or the second best animation i have ever seen. but the movie is very good, it maskes us laugh and happy
CheckGamesListMay 18, 2013
The Croods was a good, funny, and somewhat charming movie. Although it had some cliches, which is common nowadays because virtually every type of feature a movie could have has already been used in some way, the movie had it's own type ofThe Croods was a good, funny, and somewhat charming movie. Although it had some cliches, which is common nowadays because virtually every type of feature a movie could have has already been used in some way, the movie had it's own type of humor, often more creative than in other comedies.

Overall, I'd have to say that this movie was worth watching, and that it definitely deserves to be one of best-grossing movies out there.
cmykDec 23, 2013
Yeah it's simple, 'primitive' as some might ironically describe, but it was enjoyable in my opinion. It's a good happy flick to fill in an hour or two of a lazy afternoon; cheesy maybe, but not in a painful way, nor is it overly childish.Yeah it's simple, 'primitive' as some might ironically describe, but it was enjoyable in my opinion. It's a good happy flick to fill in an hour or two of a lazy afternoon; cheesy maybe, but not in a painful way, nor is it overly childish. Cute characters with entertaining interactions, and of course, the gorgeous visuals. Expand
SolidWeaselMGSMar 23, 2013
To be honest, this was better than I expected. I thought it might just a bunch of cavemen walking around a rainforest, but it becomes a magical journey when you see it, I recommend it.
TTWRApr 22, 2013
This a good movie overall. It shows how cavemen lived, in a funny, warmhearted way. I don't really care about the incorrect reference about how certain things were invented. The only thing I consider bad in this movie is that some of theThis a good movie overall. It shows how cavemen lived, in a funny, warmhearted way. I don't really care about the incorrect reference about how certain things were invented. The only thing I consider bad in this movie is that some of the jokes were overdone. But in the end, this is a really good movie. 8/10 Expand
KwasieMar 23, 2013
Great movie. If possible, go see the 3D version as the animators really went a long way to make it a true part of the film's look and feel. The storyline is phenomenal, voice acting superb, and there are plenty of laughs for both kids andGreat movie. If possible, go see the 3D version as the animators really went a long way to make it a true part of the film's look and feel. The storyline is phenomenal, voice acting superb, and there are plenty of laughs for both kids and adults. Definitely one I would gladly watch again. Expand
TheRimRiderApr 12, 2013
Took my 2.5 yr old to see this, her first ever cinema experience so will always be special for her a cross between Flintstones, Ice Age & Lion King, a little too many scenes featuring characters falling down but some highly original scenesTook my 2.5 yr old to see this, her first ever cinema experience so will always be special for her a cross between Flintstones, Ice Age & Lion King, a little too many scenes featuring characters falling down but some highly original scenes and a lot of fun. The Metascore is off in this case. Expand
CannonBlasterNov 23, 2013
Like Oz the Great and Powerful, and Winnie the Pooh, The Croods succeed in being an awesome kids movie. Every character has there own lovable personality, except the mother who has none, and the message is quite endearing.
BlueSky8642Sep 3, 2014
The Croods really deserved to be noticed more at the Oscars last year. Brilliant animation quality, heartwarming themes, and a hilarious crew of cavemen combine for a laugh-out-loud movie that will entertain all ages. Certainly one of theThe Croods really deserved to be noticed more at the Oscars last year. Brilliant animation quality, heartwarming themes, and a hilarious crew of cavemen combine for a laugh-out-loud movie that will entertain all ages. Certainly one of the best films DreamWorks Animation has produced. Expand
blakewilsonApr 28, 2013
One of the cleanest family movies in a long time, "The Croods" is a fun and brilliantly animated adventure that is high on laughs and yet, low on plot. The voice actors do a solid job, and solid messages on family and the importance ofOne of the cleanest family movies in a long time, "The Croods" is a fun and brilliantly animated adventure that is high on laughs and yet, low on plot. The voice actors do a solid job, and solid messages on family and the importance of parenthood are present. The animation is both amazing and 3D-worthy.

The film is near-perfectly clean, with the only possible (slight) objections being some silly slapsticky violence and Eep's outfit maybe qualifying to be too short. However, "The Croods" screenplay is thin in places, it has some tonal inconsistency, and the relatively rough-housing main characters aren't as memorable as the mild-mannered "Flintstones". Its' still something to take the whole family to, but those looking for an original, groundbreaking film may be a bit disappointed here.

For a more detailed review, visit www.moviestakenseriously.blogspot.com.
ARGONov 10, 2013
Probably greatest graphic in an animated movie this year (2013)
N.Cage does an impressive voice acting
It's an enjoyable movie overall for people of different ages Even if some complain about the jokes it has better jokes than many of the
Probably greatest graphic in an animated movie this year (2013)
N.Cage does an impressive voice acting
It's an enjoyable movie overall for people of different ages
Even if some complain about the jokes it has better jokes than many of the animated movies, I would have given it a better score but still doesn't come as a comedy but as a family animation with comic sparks
it sorts of reminds me too much of ice age 2 and unfortunately like ice age 3 it sort of trades fun for family business
SarahMichelleNov 18, 2013
Very enjoyable cute movie about cavemen with a good cast and cute storyline that goes with it. Some very Cute animals and good jokes which is very entertaining for the kids and as well as the parents. Go see it or buy it on dvd blue rayVery enjoyable cute movie about cavemen with a good cast and cute storyline that goes with it. Some very Cute animals and good jokes which is very entertaining for the kids and as well as the parents. Go see it or buy it on dvd blue ray itunes whatever. (8/10) Expand
LuksRokzApr 8, 2013
A lot funnier than i expected, guess it kinda took my by surprise. Not much to say of it. I had fun, that's that. It ain't gonna win any awards or nothing but hey, over all a great kids movie that i enjoyed more than i thought i would.
24coolApr 21, 2013
I thought this movie had dazzling animation and good special effects. I thought the story plot was really good and the 3D made the movie a lot better.
ThomasBergJul 15, 2013
Again movie critica show us that their jobs are meaningless, especially high end pompeous ones who cant seem to generate an objective review if their lives depended on it. They could at least rephrase "review" to "my opinion". This movie isAgain movie critica show us that their jobs are meaningless, especially high end pompeous ones who cant seem to generate an objective review if their lives depended on it. They could at least rephrase "review" to "my opinion". This movie is heartwarming and fits its TARGET AUDIENCE well. Also pretty funny! Expand
LawShyApr 1, 2013
If you were a fan of films such as "The Incredibles" or "Despicable Me" go see "The Croods". You will laugh (frequently), you will possibly cry (if that's your thing). You will be entertained by this riveting tale of, family, friends,If you were a fan of films such as "The Incredibles" or "Despicable Me" go see "The Croods". You will laugh (frequently), you will possibly cry (if that's your thing). You will be entertained by this riveting tale of, family, friends, relationships, growth, acceptance and evolution. Highly recommended for all ages. Expand
DatJellybeanThoApr 7, 2014
I watched this movie twice, and I loved it. The characters and all their personalities, the animations, the voice actors, the story, it was all good. Definitely one of the better animated films I've seen in a wile. However, if you held a gunI watched this movie twice, and I loved it. The characters and all their personalities, the animations, the voice actors, the story, it was all good. Definitely one of the better animated films I've seen in a wile. However, if you held a gun to my head and commanded me to give criticism, I'd say the beginning with the egg and all, was dragged out too long, and the belt monkey animal on Guy was annoying to look at, But all in all, I was entertained, 10/10. Expand
AlessandroCaliApr 1, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was actually expecting a lot less from that movie. So, it's clear that it has surprised me!
And in a very good way! It was a while that I wasn't seeing a good CGI film like this. To be completely honest, both Madagascar 3 and Ice Age 4 weren't good. This one was... pure. Funny. Pretty original. Look at that, in the whole movie there weren't no farts, no bad words and no... burps? Yep. I was constantly laughing or smiling during the movie, and that made me very happy. There were some very original gags! Like the dog one... But, moving on, the characters. The characters were very well done: they were all funny, human and they had their personality. I really empathized with some of them! And that's why I was expecting at least one of them to die. I know, this doesn't sound good, but, I was really expecting it. Because, in every movie (ok, not every movie) there's at least one sad scene. And in this one... there wasn't. But, from a different point of view... I'm glad that no one died. The music was cool, but, yeah, just cool. The graphics were average. You know, in some parts, like the sea one, the graphics were amazing and near to perfection. But in other parts they were really average. I'm not saying they were bad, they were not bad at all, but, they were the graphics that you expect to see. Nothing more. Nothing less. Expect, as I said before, for some parts, where they were amazing. Why did I give it 9 and not 10? Well, for just one thing: how many endings does this movie have? Are they kidding me? Considering that I was in needing to pee, It really got me on my nerves to see like 8 endings! But, that's okay. I guess. Overall, that's a really great movie! And you all should watch it. Bye.
WinningmarthaApr 2, 2013
It catches the attention from children, but did not achieve any interest, for the similarities from the Flintstones. except that it has good quality, magnificent pilot and a righteous end.
raleigh142Jun 23, 2013
Extremely funny, unique characters and animation. Best Animated Movie ever made. I am hoping for a sequel soon. I soooo love all the characters especially Grandma, so funny!
KickaOct 25, 2013
I love this movie! The story line and the animation ticked my senses and captivated my mind. What a great movie! I like how it teaches children that no matter how much your parents don't say that they love you, they are always thinking it, noI love this movie! The story line and the animation ticked my senses and captivated my mind. What a great movie! I like how it teaches children that no matter how much your parents don't say that they love you, they are always thinking it, no matter how much a brat they can be. I love unique movies and this one is simply that. Expand
PlanetRAXMar 25, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Croods is a movie that offers great family filled entertainment and stunning visual 3D effects. Do not let the title fool you. You will not find any “crude” humor in it. It’s a slapstick film. Slapstick done right that is.The story is unpredictable, subtle and smart enough and the fact that it’s an animated feature gave the creators more flexibility in bringing their imaginations to the screen. Taking us with the original “first family” to “follow tomorrow and follow the light”.

This latest feature from Dreamworks animation is about a family who was forced by nature to leave their humble abode due to the effects of an apparent looming apocalypse that destroyed their cave. They were caught in the middle of an evolving colorful world. It’s also important to note that this movie could very well be a stepping out of the Pixar shadow by Dreamworks animation. Grug the character voiced over by Nicholas Cage, is the patriarch who protected his family all his life. He is an over protective dad who only wants to make sure that members of his family are safe from the harmful elements of the world outside their cage. Emma Stone plays the voice of Eep the teenage daughter in the family trying to exercise her freedom to explore and see what is in store for her and her family in the outside world. During one of her escapades she happen to stumble upon Guy the nomadic character voiced over by Ryan Reynolds who helped guide them through the twists and turns of their road trip and starting a Tarzan and Janesque cute love story.

The characters however did not have enough time to develop due to it’s fast paced sequences. However, I would not mind seeing a sequel.Hearing the laughs and giggles of kids while watching this movie in the theaters added to the fun and enjoyment to the whole experience.

The tandem of former Disney animator Chris Sanders who brought us Lilo and Stitch in 2002 and How to train your dragon in 2010 and Kirk De Micco who wrote and co-produced the animated feature Racing Stripes in 2005 and wrote and directed Space Chimps in 2008. Through their screenplay they did a great job telling a story that caters to both adults and kids alike. A story that flows without any unnecessary distractions and through their directing skills they were also able to put together the right voices that brought the characters to life. The Croods is the first animation Film to be distributed by 20th Century Fox. It opened in 4,046 cinemas 3,000 of which were 3D equipped. The movie debuted at the top of the box office in the United states and internationally during it’s opening weekend last March 22nd earning an estimated $44.7 million in the United States during the first 3 day release. Dethroning the former number one film OZ. The Croods is expected to remain in the top for a couple more weeks due to it’s family oriented nature and lack of same genre competition.
greenskyApr 1, 2013
I enjoyed this one more than I expected. The critics were overly harsh in their criticisms of the movie. The visuals were outstanding, and the plot while a little bit repetitive never got tired.
mlenardApr 5, 2013
Hilarious movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly, "release the baby!" Animation was great, characterization was great, and you can take the whole family. Little ones might be upset by the intensity of the action but older ones (7-8)Hilarious movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly, "release the baby!" Animation was great, characterization was great, and you can take the whole family. Little ones might be upset by the intensity of the action but older ones (7-8) will like it. I laughed out loud. Expand
Nova78180Apr 28, 2013
It's been a long time i haven't laugh as much. Moreover, each scene is more beautiful than the previous one. The 3d work is remarkable, nothing like the first 3d movies. just FUN
colinslabyJun 21, 2013
If you're looking for anachronisms in this movie you'll find plenty. If you're looking for sweet moments, funny moments, clever storytelling, and universal age appeal, you'll also find plenty. Flat out, this is a great movie to share withIf you're looking for anachronisms in this movie you'll find plenty. If you're looking for sweet moments, funny moments, clever storytelling, and universal age appeal, you'll also find plenty. Flat out, this is a great movie to share with your young children. There is no villain, no actual heartbreak although there are some extremely touching father/daughter exchanges just adventure and stunning animation. While Monsters University will provide laughs and gags, this movie provides simple heart... along the lines of How to Train Your Dragon. Don't look for complexity, don't look for twists or the unpredictable, just sit back and enjoy the ride... your kids will. Expand
pamelajsmith01Nov 16, 2013
This film is amazing the more you watch it the better it gets. My kids are addicted to it and i have to watch it every day (or part of) don't just watch it once watch it a few times. as good as toy story 3.
FadomasFeb 20, 2016
The movie is very good it made me laugh with my father and had some great time.I wish there will be in the future part 2.You must see it totally recommended movie for a family kids and adults!