8.4

1. Jul 20, 2012
    Insane film! But - nowhere near as good as Dark Knight. Sorry, and nostalgia out of the way, it's the truth. Also one thing I found this film was lacking was a sense of Gotham. The scale was so huge it just felt like Batman in New York/USA. And the very scene which was equally one of the best scenes of the whole film was the American Football scene. Why the boy sang the american national anthem in the fictional city is beyond me really. I know Gotham is meant to be an american city and all but it really took me out of the feeling that this is Gotham, the dark and dank, home of Batman. It made me feel - they've just filmed this in american cities posing as Gotham. THIS IS NOT GOTHAM. But apart from that - good film. Expand
  2. Feb 4, 2013
    The expectations were overwhelmingly high by any standard and the expectations seemed very unrealistic and unfair. At least that's what I thought weeks before I saw it early in August. Back then, i actually felt sorry for Nolan and the huge amount of responsibility he has imposed on him self by making The Dark Knight. But saying that TDKR simply does not deliver is a lie and i've never been so disappointed in my life. What this film delivers is almost 3 hours long tedious and messy melodrama, full of standard cliches, traditional sentiment and clumsy characters. Expand
  3. Jul 27, 2012
    After seeing "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight", the expectetions for this film are gigantic. Unfortunately, the film is not as good as the others, mostly because it has too many characters, and some of them aren't really important and don't have any purpose. This is the only problem of the film, everything else is fantastic! The script is greatly written, the new characters (Bane, Selina, Blake) are multidimensional, Tom Hardy in the role of Bane is great and the action scenes are memorable. The Dark Knight Rises has a fearless and beautiful ending, perfect to end the beloved Batman trilogy. Expand
  4. May 2, 2013
    overall a bit disappointing and very confused in itself not as good or exciting as the previous movie and takes itself way too seriously.....
    even the action sequences seemed a bit too staged for my liking
  5. Jul 26, 2012
    I saw this movie a couple of days ago, and in my opinion this movie met my expectations. There may have been a few little things that kind of bugged me but it was worth the money all the way.
  6. Jul 22, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is a fitting end to the trilogy. My expectations were pretty high going into the movie, and the movie did a good job of meeting my expectations. Personally, I like the Dark Knight and Batman Begins better than this movie. The DKR is definitely worth seeing, though. I would recommend watching the first two movies again before seeing this one. It will help you remember some of the characters and events in the previous movies that are important. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    It's no Dark Knight, but the Dark Knight Rises is definitely a satisfying conclusion to Nolan's trilogy. The characters aren't as memorable, but the cinematography and score are both fantastic and the whole thing holds an epic air about it that really works.
  8. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was the film I have waited for months for and I then even had to wait until orange Wednesday because I Expand
  9. Oct 24, 2012
    I can't put my finger on why, but this never felt like a Nolan Batman movie. It may have been because of all the new characters and how every one of them had tasks to do simply to be involved in the trilogy finale. It's still great fun and concludes one of the best series if all time. Just know that it's no "Dark Knight" or even "Begins".
  10. Sep 19, 2013
    Back in 2005, a friend of mine asked me to watch Batman Begins at a local theatre in our city. Not knowing what the movie would be like, I went into the theater and found myself wondering with this question later: "Wait, so Batman is a ninja?"

I eternally grateful of my friend for asking me to watch the movie. My previous memory of Batman had been a silly latex costume with George
    Clooney in it as well as those silly one-liners from Mr. Freeze. Fast forward to 2005, Christopher Nolan directed an arguably the second best super hero movie-the first one is of course The Dark Knight-in his effort re-imagining the Cape Crusader and it was a global success. People knew that a sequel was by the door and Mr. Nolan did them justice by delivering The Dark Knight in 2008. People think that Batman Begins is one of the best super hero movies. However, when it comes to The Dark Knight, the movie is considered as one of the best movies of all time in the same league with The Godfather, Seven Samurai, and Pulp Fiction to name a few.

What about The Dark Knight Rises?

Frankly, in my opinion TDKR is the weakest movie in the series. While it was a great pleasure knowing Batman was a human after all, I found that the movie was a bit pacey in some parts. There were more characters in TDKR than in TDK and it made the story had a lot broader scope. In one point we saw Commisioner Gordon handling his guilt and in the next scene we were introduced by John Dagger, an evil businessman trying to control Wayne Enterprise. The acting was sub-Par for a movie this grand. Marion cottilard was plain as Miranda Tate and Christian Bale was just good-yeah, I expected better from him-. Thank God Tom Hardy was menacing as Bane. Having half his face covered with a mask, we could see how scary Bane was only from the gestures of his eyes.
    The logic was also a problem here. I mean, those revolutionaries must have been rookies as they couldn't even aim right and the officers were somewhat idiotic coming into a full force in underground sewers. I believe that in a real life situation a commissioner is only likely to deploy a small scouting force instead of having all arms in one place.
    That being said, the movie is still above average. The ending is really the ending Bruce Wayne hoping for since the first movie. I don't even want to comment on the soundtracks as they fit the movie just right.
    To conclude, while most people think that TDKR doesn't have the appeal TDK has, no one could argue that we have one of above average super hero movies.
  11. Jul 20, 2012
    Solid, fitting ending to an excellent trilogy. Strong themes ring as true as ever. Great performances all around. Bane can't quite match up to the Joker, but acknowledging that going in, is your best bet to better enjoy the movie. Whereas Joker allowed for great dialogue, Bane at least offers some solid fight sequences.
  12. Jul 21, 2012
    Best batman movie by far. And for all of the victims I'm so sorry for the families. Ghhhgffffjggggjhfffhhggfgjgggggghhhhghhhhhhhhhhggg gucfzgdrggfddtuhf
  13. Jul 21, 2012
    Its worth seeing on the big screen. Christian Bale is without doubt the best Batman and Anne Hathaway plays Cat woman well. The story is good and although it's a long film, you are entertained all the way and there was no "how much longer" butt shuffling. The evil Bain's distorted voice is hard to make out at times but you get the drift. There's a little too much machine gun mowing and needless deaths for my liking, but that aside, it's a good film with a well rounded ending. Expand
  14. Jul 26, 2012
    With an epic fight sequence in an aircraft, Christopher Nolan and his team bring us Batman back on the big screen. Main villain Bane shows who's running the show in the first minutes of the epic final, 'The Dark Knight Rises' and after a while we also get to see the title-giving hero of Gotham City, Bruce Wayne aka Batman himself. As it was announced in 'The Dark Knight', he settled down after losing his longtime love, Rachel, and being accused for killing Gotham's former district attorney, Harvey Dent. But as he gets tricked by cat burglar Selina Kyle (nicely played by Anne Hathaway), better known as Catwoman, he finally comes out of his hibernation, to fight for Gotham one last time. Also new in the cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as assiduous police officer and Marion Cotillard as an important member of Wayne Enterprises. Ah yeah, and Tom Hardy plays Bane, but that Expand
  15. Jul 23, 2012
    well the latest batman film from Christopher Nolan is a fantastic experience for batman fans, comic book fans and anyone who into seeing **** explode. the movie has some great moments and great action scenes ( i won't go into detail on these events, due to spoilers) and the ending sure is a reason to see the movie and it wraps up the trilogy perfectly.
  16. Jul 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is an urban legend that with trilogies, the second installment would be better than the third because they have thought of everything out in the second, and the third would be just a rehashing of ideas, if not implemeting less than stellar ones. I thought Christopher Nolan would be the one who would rise above this curse. I thought wrong.

First up, know that I had not refreshed my memory on the Batman trilogy by rewatching the first two movies beforehand. Second I was seriously not expecting an actor that would achieve the heights of the late Heath Ledger. Bless his soul, anyone who tries to replicate him would fail. Keep these two facts in mind as I review the movie.

For Pros: The movie has achieved its overall objective of completing Bruce Wayne's story arc, whilst intertwining it with the Bane/Talia plot. Whilst the plot is simplistic than TDK, the whole theme of TDKR is physical pain, not intellectual prowess. Tom Hardy portrayed an excellent performance of Bane based on the comics, a brute with the intellect that is simply not befitting the stereotypical mook. His body and eye expressions are amplifying the words he speaks. The use of autotunes on Hardy's voice is initially weird, since you get a voice not too dissimilar to Sean Connery, but is acceptable nonetheless. Too bad he is not the principal villain in this movie, or I would have given him an A. Anne Hathaway portrays Catwoman stunningly. A woman that can easily act and adapt to her situation, she is indeed Batman's match. There is something unique with her portrayal that makes he beautiful on the outside and inside without being as seductive as Michelle Pfeifer did, but still achieving the same result.

Michael Caine, despite his more brief appearances, still manages to portray an Alfred who is also a fatherlike figure of Bruce Wayne. In fact, his penultimate scene with Bruce in the manor (telling the secret of Rachel's letter), was almost tear-jerking. If only the movie had more of the emotional impact that Caine had pulled with his character, it would have bumped the score up.

Bale did try to portray a Bruce Wayne bored of his "normal" life, and a Batman that has been rusty since TDK. While great, there is actually no impact whatsoever from his performance, partially because of how the movie was structured.

TDKR is more action oriented, but not as obnoxiously loud as Avengers and Transformers. While more action does not necessarily make a bad movie, TDKR suffers from unfocused storytelling, coupled with a "take it for granted" attitude of the audience, that they already know about the previous two movies. It will not hold your hand if you feel lost at what is going on, expect to be left high and dry as I was. Sure you get flashbacks that make sense, but the actual emotion and atmosphere must be extrapolated from recent This is where the CONS start; the two parallel plots of Bruce and Bane/Talia felt as if they were at loggerheads, instead of meshing seamlessly. You feel as if the movie has no idea which direction it was going, but it still managed to reach a climax nonetheless. In between you get references to previous movies and how it affects TDKR currently (e.g Dent Act, Dent's alleged matyrdom), but because of the unfocused approach there is no Ahhhhh moment where you feel the true nature of such acts. It is just mentioned, you know about it, moving on..... With so much examples of this storytelling, any emotion or atmosphere created is just ruined.

There is also quite a bit of plot holes and applied phlebotinums (movie magic), such as Bruce's crippled state and his cure, backstory on how Wayne Enterprises fell apart, how the reactor came to be as well as how "Miranda Tate" came into the picture. All of these may seem superfluous, but given the storytelling it only makes you feel as if these elements had more to it. It was as if the 2.5 hour movie was cut from an otherwise perfect 4 hr version.

The ending was the product of this storytelling. Never mind the use of comic book deaths, or how Blake becomes the next Batman simply by reading a note and moving to the Batcave. Its the Selina and Bruce romance. I get the symbolism and what Nolan was trying to do, but the execution is p*** poor. There is no romantic tension between the two, or if there was, it was completely one-sided on Selina's side. I am not expecting sex (that was done with Talia), but from the man who made the Rachel romance great, this is a bad U-turn. A romance that was too sudden.

I want to give this movie a mixed, but it doesnt deserve it. Many fans tell me the movie was akin to Begins. If that's the case it is a bad sign; I had completely forgotten Begins and have no incentive to rewatch it like TDK. And even to die-hard Batman fans, lets face it, it is not as great as TDK even without Heath's magic working on it.
  17. Jul 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. I am a huge fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy. But this film really put everything together properly of a good bad guy. With Bane giving Batman many chances at foiling his plot to destroy Gotham city he really dropped the ball and allowed Batman to Escape Twice & to carry the bomb away from Gotham and to save the city. If Bane was truly a "Villain" he wouldn't have just let the cops of Gotham city just sit in hole and allow them to possibly escape and also foil his scheme...which they did while being added by Batman. I also expected a much better ending to the movie. I wish they could have tried to do better with the writing. Collapse
  18. Dec 28, 2012
    Somewhat disappointed. I am in the minority I think, in that I rate Batman Begins as the best Superhero movie ever, it actually was a very good movie with a superhero. The Dark Knight Rises could have maybe surpassed it had it been one movie (beginning and ending with the joker) rather than meandering further along with the much less interesting "two face" story. But getting to The Dark Knight Rises, villain, OK, not great, catwomen, great, Michael Cain and Morgan Freeman, their usual able and likable selves, but nothing new added.

My main problem with the movie was this, I can buy into superheroes and supevillians in movies, but the world they function in still has to have a certain believability in terms of rules and logic. So a guy takes a whole city hostage, and the world just kind of steps back and watches because of the threat of blowing everybody up or whatever? Wouldn't there be some special ops or at least intelligence operations being undertaken by the US Govt? I know its a movie, but that part just seemed too goofy to get beyond to me, the whole city takeover and helpless for 60 days or whatever. The good, the beginning, most any scene with Anne Hathaway, the very end tied it all up pretty well and was pretty cool. The mediocre, pretty much the rest of the movie.
  19. Aug 3, 2012
    Sadly, worst of the Nolan's trilogy. It has very little original concept, half of the film feels like rearranged scenes from Dark Knight, the other half is boring. It's hardly even a Batman movie anymore, previous one managed to remain true to it's comic book origin, this one falls as far as Joel Schumacher's Masterpieces (Not saying that DKR is anywhere near that bad overall, but I wouldn't say that about ANY movie).
    Still quite a spectacle, but some plot would not hurt. (Especially since Batman Begins and Dark Knight had a plot. Why this one doesn't? I have no idea.)
  20. Aug 3, 2012
    Despite Bane being completely one dimentional and an uninteresting plot twist, The Dark Knight Rises makes up for its flaws by superb acting from everyone (Hathaway is a suprising standout) and exciting narative that always manages to keep you entertained despite the film's almost two hour length. Overall, this was my least favorite of Nolan's Bat trilogy, but Rises still manages to set the bar for not only superhero movies but the film industry as a whole. Expand
  21. Mar 6, 2013
    The Dark Knight Rises is such an amazing movie! The epic finale of the Dark Knight trilogy has finally started out. I love the trilogy. It has a perfect emotion! Batman is my favorite hero
  22. Aug 6, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's Batman series has finally come to an end. After two spectacular depictions of DC Comics' caped crusader, Nolan has returned to complete his Batman trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. The suspense for this release has been built up ever since the critically acclaimed The Dark Knight hit box offices in 2008 and the final product has lived up to that four year relentless hype. It is very clear how much of an impact these films have had on us over the past half of a decade and I see that impact multiplying as The Dark Knight Rises finally hits the big screen. This movie contains anything anyone could ever want from a piece of the Nolan/Batman saga; heightened emotions, poignant character speeches, and a commendable story line as well as many, many action sequences and explosions.

The film opens much like The Dark Knight, revealing the villain right away from the get-go to foreshadow further chaos. This time around, Bane (Tom Hardy), a menacing mastermind born into a life of captivity, has one plan and one plan only and that is to bring anarchy to Gotham City in honor of the League of Shadows and Ra's al Ghul's death. For those unaware it should be known that this Bane is not your bulky, drug-induced, raging maniac henchman seen in the 1997 film Batman & Robin but instead, we see a far more distinguished, well-informed antagonist that not only has a master plan for his taking over of Gotham but also withholds enough combat training to rival Batman, which is how the comic books intended it to be. Hardy's Bane is portrayed perfectly as Bane soullessly attempts to destroy the status quo of Gotham City in an attempt to give power back to the people. Bane's efforts are very similar to that of Heath Ledger's Joker from the previous film but instead of attacking the minds of Gotham's finest, Bane goes straight for the heart.

Meanwhile Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) is nowhere to be found. Forced into retirement by his unlawful murder conviction of Gotham district attorney Harvey Dent, Wayne is forced to watch from the sidelines as his company diminishes as well as the city he had formerly sworn to protect. That is, of course, until the ruthless and relentlessness Bane strikes Gotham, forcing Wayne and Batman out from hiding to help defeat the city's new attacker. It sounds cliche, but everything in this movie has a purpose.

Intertwining love interests pop up for Wayne in the form of the seductive jewel thief Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman) played by Anne Hathaway as well as Wayne Enterprise business associate Miranda Tate played by Marion Cotillard. Though the relationship between Wayne and Tate comes off as a little rushed, Wayne's interactions with Kyle are nothing short of magnificent as Hathaway silences the doubters that were oh so prevalent when it was announced that she would be fulfilling this role.

The first half of Rises is mostly set up for later events up until the the pivotal scene in which Batman faces Bane for the first time one-on-one. This scene's importance focuses on fear, helplessness and watching a hero that America has come to love and adore for so many years become as useless and vulnerable as the mindless heaps of thugs the caped crusader has disposed of over his days. Every moment after this scene sees the drama escalating to new levels as we witness the emergence of John Blake (Joseph Gordan-Levitt) from faceless cop to hard-nosed detective as well as Wayne's metaphorical and physical rise to prominence once again.

Of course, with any superhero movie one will always have issues. The dialogue, especially from the Dark Knight himself, sometimes comes off as commonplace for any ego-boosted superhero and some of the political and business aspects of the movie may come off as scattered or a little hard to follow. These small mishaps however are irrelevant if you're willing to pay enough attention to detail and look over those glitches in dialogue. The side plots and monologues (specifically from Michael Caine's excellent adaptation of Alfred as well as Selina Kyle) emerge as brilliant, informative and ultimately quite vital to the film. Everything in this movie is significant toward the final outcome and that's something that we cannot really mention about The Dark Knight.

In the end, this movie is stunning. Everything from the acting to the writing to the special effects is top notch and all mesh together perfectly to bring to you the perfect conclusion to Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Though the ending may be surprising to some, I feel Nolan set out to do what he had to do and pulled it off marvelously.

23. Aug 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At first, I thought TDKR was an awesome movie, but I was still affected by the hype. As the excitement went down, I noticed several major flaws that affect the film as a whole. 1. What was the point of the blood transfusion at the beginning? 2. If Bane was so intelligent, why did he put Bruce Wayne right next to the guy that could heal his back? 3. The prison was supposed to be hell on Earth, but it was far from it. The inmates were pretty good fellows that for some reason, decide to cheer and help Bruce Wayne when he needs it. Why do they get so excited when Bruce Wayne escapes? 4. The inmates had the prison exit right in front of their faces and only a kid managed to get out? really? 5. If Batman is so intelligent, why did he end settling down with the woman that kept screwing him the entire movie? 6. Bane had the most lame conclusion the writers could come up with. It was so anticlimactic to see that Selina Kyle could do in one second what Batman couldn't do in the entire film 7. As Batman fans saw coming from a mile away, Miranda Tate was indeed Talia Al Ghul. Too bad she only has like 20 minutes of screen time and that one of the most memorable characters from the comics was reduced to a promiscuous megalomaniac. And just like Bane, she had a very poor conclusion 8. Regarding the ending, I have the impression Christopher Nolan wanted Batman to die but Warner Bros executives wouldn't let him, so he had no other choice but to go with a corny nonsensical conclusion 9. The part where TDKR resembles Batman and Robin is in how Bane is portrayed as the pawn of an evil crazy slut. 10. Why did Bruce Wayne had his leg wounded all that time when he could have easily fixed it in the beginning with that device he uses later? 11. The way John Blake deduces Batman's identity is too random and I never bought it. 12. The first 30 minutes of TKDR are just boring exposition which is quite hard to follow at times. 13. The fact that Joker is never mentioned in the movie. I know they didn't speak of him in respect to Heath Ledger, but at least they could have used an audio track of his laughter just to point out Joker is still hanging around. 14. There's no way in the real world a woman ends in a male prison. 15. The Robin twist at the ending was pointless keeping in mind TDKR is the last Nolan Batman movie so it will most likely go nowhere. It was only there for fanboys to say "wow! he's Robin, let's get excited!" They could have named the character Dick Grayson and it wouldn't have made any difference. Not to mention Joseph Gordon Levitt is too old to be Robin by now. In any case, he could be Nightwing. Expand
  24. Mar 2, 2013
    I never thought that superheroes movies were believable until i saw the batman trilogy Christopher Nolan proves to be one of the greatest directors ever, Anne Hathaway is a beautiful addition and the ending was promising and decent for a trilogy very well done
  25. Aug 23, 2012
    it looks nice and has some good parts but i spent at least over hour and thirty minutes of this 2 hour 45 minute movie completely bored and it doesn't help that bane sounds like sean connery
  26. Oct 14, 2012
    Despite being the final film of the trilogy is it mostly accepted you could have missed The Dark Knight to understand this film. With that said however this is by far the best of the trilogy it's a visual masterpiece and Bane made such a great villain and added more to the story-line. The big problem I have with the film is how predictable it was, I saw the ending coming and I saw other parts of it coming. Expand
  27. Oct 12, 2012
    It can't really reach the level of it's predecessor, but it is still a great ending for this trilogy. It starts a little bit slow, and gets lost in all the poltlines from time to time, and i also felt that it was a little bit to long... But with it's darkness, story, action and gifted cast, it's a great ride.
    And maybe I am willing to give it half a star more once I've seen the german
    dubbed version and finally understood, what Bane was mumbling all the time :D Expand
  28. Sep 4, 2012
    Firstly, this movie is not as good as the last one. Fair enough. But it is also less inline with the Batman univerce. Bane is nerfed, Talia is weird, catwoman is.. to say the least.. less atractive than she should be. (What happened to flirting on rooftops and such? Now she's just some cat burglerer with lame lines?!) In my oppinion, this movie tried to hard to be a reimagining of 'The Dark Knight Returns' (Comic) mashed with the beginings of Batman Beyond, instead of completing Nolans trilogy. As a movie, it was ok, as a Batman movie, it steps too far out of the Batman univerce for me, a bat fan, to enjoy and accept. Like I said, it is a good movie, and has a lot to offer, I am just dissapointed that Nolan deviated so far from Batmans actual time line etc. Also, I felt that bane was a poor choice of villan for Nolan, because he is not meant to be 'realistic'. Nolan likes to pick and choose what can and cant be realistic. Batman can have a hovercraft, but bane cant have Venom?! He should have picked the Riddler, or maybe Mad Hatter or FireFly instead. Watch the movie, if you started liking Batman after Batman Begins, you will probably like it. But if you are an old fan, you might just be let down. Expand
  29. Dec 10, 2012
    "The Dark Knight Rises" ends the trilogy with a bang, though it might not live up to the greatness of the "Dark Knight". A complex, captivating, and thrilling experience.
  30. Sep 10, 2012
    I felt both Batman and Bruce Wayne were dumbed-down so the plot could work, which disappointed me so much so the entire movie wasn't enjoyable even when it should have been.

If I were watching Dark Knight Rises as just another action movie, without any prior knowledge of anything-Batman, I'd probably be happier with the movie.
  31. Oct 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Batman: The Dark Night Rises

The most recent and final movie in the Batman trilogy opens with a bang, literally. The final movie uses pretty but pointless CGI and explosions to draw attention from the movie
  32. Dec 31, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is the best film of 2012, and is one of the best movies of all time. I respect the people that hate on this movie, but i do believe that they are wrong. The entire cast from Bale to Hardy to Freeman to Cain all deserve Oscar consideration. Nolan should be nominated for best director if not win. Han Zimmer's score is one of the best of the past 20 years but he has out done himself with the theme for Bane, i will say no more on this wonderful piece of music but please go check it out. The Dark Knight Rises is a masterful, wonderful, glorious piece of film-making.A+ Expand
  33. Oct 15, 2012
    Heath Ledger won best supporting actor for his role as The Joker. In my honest opinion, Heath Ledger completely stole the show, he was absolutely magnificent. For sure one of the greatest performances of all time, just such an incredibly talented actor. The Dark Knight Rises is the film event of the summer. A completely satisfying piece of filmmaking that delivers so much more, making for an excellent sign off for one of cinema's finest trilogies. Expand
  34. Oct 4, 2012
    It did not live up to my expectations. I think no movie ending ever disappointed me more than this. And at the very end, it's too much cliché - which is not what I (and I guess most other people) would expect from the trilogy. The rest of the film is worth watching, though.
  35. Jan 14, 2013
    This is a very strange movie to review for me. When I watched the movie was engaging and I loved it. It drew me in, entertained me, and I almost teared up at the end. However 5 minutes after watching the flood of plot holes filled my head making it one of the worst written movies I have ever seen. I will not watch it again but watching it for the first time I loved it, so how to review it? I chose to review it on how I enjoyed the first time due to its engaging and drawing me in much like Inception. I may hate it later but for those 2 hours it entertained me greatly. Expand
  36. Oct 30, 2012
    Although it certainly does not match its predecessor, The Dark Knight Rises STILL gives a grand way of ending a great trilogy. Long live the Caped Crusader!
  37. Oct 16, 2012
    Best movies I've seen in this year is Looper and batman the dark knight rises ,my all time favorite movie's are The Godfather (1972) .Taxi Driver (1976). Carrie (1976). Scarface (1983). GoodFellas (1990) . Raging Bull (1980) .Casino (1995) there masterpiece movies, what i don't like are the silly remakes why a new carrie movie ? this is the 4th movie carrie the made it's just stupid ,Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie are absolutely perfect ,they both got Oscar nominations out of it, for God sake!. Rest in peace Heath Ledger you will never be forgotten Expand
  38. Jul 24, 2013
    this movie is amazing but its still is number 2 on the trilogy list. i watched this movie on release and it was amazing every aspect of it was amazing. batman is my favorite batman comic book super hero, when i was 5 years old there was the movie of batman&robin and awful games and i thought to myself when will batman have a good time,well its definetly now, with the succesful trilogy of the dark knight and the amazing game franchise of the arkham games. for now batman has a very good time. but the trilogy is over so i hope that when they will do a new batman movie(superman vs batman 2015) i hope they whouldnt mess it up. and i hope that the arkham franchise will stay as good as it is now. so thats it this movie is a masterpiece but you will probably whouldnt listen to me becuase the movie is out for a year and 5 days but if you didnt saw it and it is on tv or you want to buy the dvd dont think just watch it. Expand
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    The movie is good. It's not a classic, but it's a well rounded film. The Dark Knight, was unbelievably great. A classic, in fact, in my book. The problem, is it starts off slow, and the ending is by the far the best way to end a trilogy. Acting is great, but Heath Ledger will always be compared to Tom Hardy. Simply, Ledger was the b etter villian. A great movie. Sometimes, I was little bored, but only for a few minutes. Expand
  40. Oct 26, 2012
    In some ways, I think TDKR does top its predecessors. Overall, it is a satisfying conclusion, and I really liked it besides some minor things. 1. I didn't like John Blake being Robin...director Christopher Nolan got Bruce Wayne/Batman's origin story so correct in Batman Begins, the fact the "Robin" was just some cop kind of bugs me. This is my main complaint.

2. Bane's voice was OK, but
    there were parts when I couldn't understand what he was saying due to background noise or loud music. 3. Catwoman's outfit....I just wanted to see some claws, a whip, and a cowl! Expand
  41. Oct 29, 2012
    This is by far the best comic book movie ever made. TDKR deserves every award it gets acting was amazing action was amazing the ending to this trilogy probably makes it the best trilogy of all time. The best movie of the year in four words TDKR
  42. Oct 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was awesome. Don't come in this movie expecting a Dark Knight 2 just as there wasn't a Batman Begins 2. These movies in this trilogy have complete different tones and directions. I would say if you enjoyed Batman Begins more than TDK you will most likely prefer this over BB. If you enjoyed the Dark Knight more than BB its a 50% chance you will like TDKR better. Acting: The acting was great and there was no one I didn't like Action: The best edited action sequences this time around

Score: The best score of the three; i like the blending of the old and new sounds. I loved that ghostly sound that you hear after the prologue and in the song 'Necessary Evil'

Story: This one had the best story and tone out of the three in my opinion. The tone of this movie was a mix of TDK and BB and worked well. Think of this movie as a action-thriller disaster movie. TDK was action-crime drama. BB was action-drama.

Don't listen to the people who claim there are abundance of plot holes in this movie

1) How is Batman on the ice?

Response: There is a certain part on the ice where it gets softer. The guards are standing on the ice as well because they aren't walking for enough to get to the soft part. 2) Talia's death was so fake

Response: I agree it was a little too much but she could have passed out after her body went into shock. Our body's do that as a defense mechanism. I think she passed out because you can live from that or you could die from that, so it can go either way. Your interpretation

3) Bane's death was bad

Response: Batman had already won that fight against Bane anyway until Talia stabbed him in the back. Now the only way to stop Bane is to kill him and thats not gonna be Batman thats gonna be Catwoman. Catwoman cannot fight Bane physically because she isn't as skilled as him so the batpod shot makes sense

4) Where was Batman?

Response: This movie was more of Bruce Wayne's story even when it was more focused on Bruce there was enough Batman to suffice and needed. After all they are the same person

5)How did Bruce get in Gotham?

Response: Bruce has been around the world a lot and knows his ways. He knows how to fly so he could have flew a small helicopter and parachuted in Gotham. If this movie explained it step by step this movie is going to run even longer, infer

6) You could have cut Selina's part out of TDKR

Response: No, she kinda brought Bruce back out in the world to remind him there are people out there still to play with. She had very sly humor and wit that eas a nice touch in this movie as a whole. They both found a clean slate. Together. 7) How can Bruce be with Selina after she has done everything to him?

Response: Even when he found out she was stealing his stuff you could tell he still liked her personality; that especially shows at the charity ball scene. Also when he says 'There's more to you than that', he sees more in her. You can tell Selina cared about him when she found out Bane was beating him up and when she said 'Come with me--save yourself...'

8) How is Bruce going to be with Miranda Tate out of the blue?

At the time he was at his most vulnerable. He just went bankrupt, Alfred is gone, and he has no one. So it makes sense.

I've seen this movie 6 times in the theatre and can't wait to see it more once I get my hands on the blu-ray copy.
  43. Nov 5, 2012
    One of my favorite movie series of all time comes to a close in The Dark Knight rises. The third and final film in this Christopher Nolan saga does not disappoint, with exciting action sequences, new villains, and one of the most emotionally moving endings to a film I have ever seen. The movie may be a bit long and the story a little bloated. I personally feel that the movie was not as good as The Dark Knight but is still a fitting end to the trilogy. 9/10 Expand
  44. Nov 5, 2012
    When standing alone, The Dark Knight Rises is a masterpiece in the genre of action cinema. However, when advertised, it is suggested the film is the epic conclusion to the Batman saga, but in the end, the film does not wrap things up, it merely lays the foundation to a new film.
  45. Nov 7, 2012
    There is a way to solve the problem of there currently being no plans for a "The Dark Knight Rises"--Blu-ray + DVD Combo With Limited Edition Bat-Cowl Display Case that would also include "The Dark Knight Reborn". "Reborn" is a documentary on the making of "The Dark Knight Trilogy". It seems that this documentary will only be available with "TDKRises"--Limited Edition Steelbook Best Buy Exclusive.

Obviously, most all of us true fans would much prefer to own the Bat-Cowl plus "Reborn", and not have pay for both the Steelbook and the Bat-Cowl just to have the coolest packaging along with the documentary. Also, I am sure that we all want to know what contents will be included in "The Dark Knight Trilogy"--Ultimate Collector's Edition Set, coming in the fall of 2013, before we decide to buy "TDKR" in December.

Since these products are manufactured by Warner Bros., please go to their website, bottom of page, "Help - Tell Us What You Think", take a survey and send them the following letter in the alloted text boxes. You may also go to the WBShop site, to the bottom of the page, find "Customer Service - Contact Us", and paste the same text into a message and send it to them. Feel free to write your own message, if you can. You may also print the following message and mail it to Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank CA 91522. If enough of us participate, we may get the results that we deserve!

Dear Warner Bros. Home Video,

According to the BestBuy website, "The Dark Knight Rises"--Blu-ray + DVD Combo with Limited Edition Bat-Cowl Display Case will NOT include "The Dark Knight Reborn", which is a documentary on the making of "The Dark Knight Trilogy". So Far, "Reborn" will only be available with "The Dark Knight Rises"--Best Buy Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

We the fans of the Trilogy and the loyal followers of you century's great roster of movies respectfully request that the Bat-Cowl Limited Edition be made to include the coveted "Dark Knight Reborn" Blu-ray Disc. While Steelbook packaging is cool, we many serious collectors will definitely much prefer to have the Bat-Cowl displayed on our shelves. But we do not wish to have to double-dip and buy both the Steelbook and Bat-Cowl, just to have the most prestigious packaging plus the documentary.

If it is too late in the manufacturing process to have the "Reborn" BDs inserted into the Bat-Cowl boxes, then they may attached to outside of the box within a simple cardboard sleeve or else distributed in limited quantities to the first-coming customers. I am confident that Warner Bros. Home Video can find of a way to resolve this problem.

Furthermore, please post the product details and box contents list for "The Dark Knight Trilogy"--Ultimate Collector's Edition Gift Set, which is purported to be released in early 2013, as soon as possible, hopefully before December 4th, which is when "Dark Knight Rises" will be released on Blu-ray and DVD. Doing so will enable us Batfans to decide on whether to acquire "TDKR" in December, or to wait for the Trilogy Ultimate Set.

If there are some other powers that be that we should instead be contacting in regards to these issues, please forward this message to them or else let us know their names, phone numb#rs and/or e-mail addresses.

Thank You So Much for hearing us!
    Sincerely,
    (type your name here)
  46. Nov 9, 2012
    They should have shown the experiment and surgery that Bane had in the movie to let the some viewers know who he was. But still, "The Dark Knight Rises" really rose up in the theater, and in the plot, the movie rose perfectly to the climax (where police was lining up to fight against the prisoners and the terrorists). And as usual, Christian Bale was great in the film.
  47. Dec 30, 2012
    Epic conclusion indeed. Nolan had a great start to the trilogy and now he has a great end to the trilogy. It was however a little bit less exciting than I thought but who gives it was still awesome. Tom Hardy gives the performance of his not so great career and Anne Hathway is by far the best Catwoman I've ever seen. Bane was probably one of the most interesting villians ever. Instead of the all-time insane Joker who kills to but fear in people's hearts, Bane humilates everyone in Gotham including Batman. John Blake in the very end is a brief hero but finds his true fate outside of the police force. Now that the trilogy is over though, I have to wonder what Nolan will do now? Expand
  48. Nov 17, 2012
    Even if there are some elements which make this movie worse than it's predecessor (the near-perfection and a really REALLY complex plot disappeared), the acting and action are spectacular, and we can finally see a development in most of the characters, while in TDK most of the characters have no developments, and the soundtrack is better and more enjoyable than the first two films.
  49. Mar 9, 2013
    Nolan shows his skills again.I can't tell you how awesome this movie was,from beginning to end perfect and don't comparable! The movie tells us a story ,that we all known from the news,about terrorism.And that isn't all ,it's interesting what all you can find in this movie when you pay attention for it. And then the amazing end.TDKR is epic.A spectacle that you must have seen.
  50. Nov 22, 2012
    Perhaps the one thing that makes this movie stand out above the previous two Nolan installations is its ability to not only keep the audience on the edge of their seat, but to compel them into investing all of their emotion into the characters. Because the previous movies set up the characters so graciously, it is easier to understand the characters' motivations and become more involved in the situations being introduced. The cast is directed beautifully with particularly strong performances from Michael Caine and Tom Hardy. Admittedly, Bane is slightly less captivating than Ledger's masterful performance as the Joker, although he becomes a menacing enough villain to feel fitting as Batman's final challenge. The script never fails even in its weakest moments and will be sure to make spines shudder and tears shed for the more dedicated fans. The real backbone to the whole project is Christopher Nolan's ability to wrap everything he puts on screen into one of the most powerful action climaxes in history. This reinforces the Nolan Batman Trilogy's reputation as one of the most significant reboots in recent memory as well as a true cinematic triumph. Expand
  51. Jan 29, 2013
    The Dark Knight Rises is the epic 3 hour movie concluding the Dark Knight trilogy as the direct sequel to The Dark Knight. Plot: 8 years after the events of The Dark Knight, Gotham's streets are clean due to the Harvey Dent act. Harvey Dent who became the villianious two-face went against everything he originally stood for and was murdered by Commisioner Gordon (Gary Oldman) but blamed on the Batman instead. Presently, Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) is in a depression as the Batman is no longer needed and has not made a public appearance since that night as well as his alter ego. However, evil is rising as Bane (Tom Hardy) an ex member of the League of Shadows is creating an underground army to raid Gotham. With tensions rising Batman will come into conflict with Catwoman (Anne Hathaway), and will have to rely on new allies such as Blake (Joseph Gordon Levitt). My opinion: This movie was an epic finale with such well placed story. The story of a man depressed after his duty has been done and cannot move on. Director Chris Nolan has such art of movie making as his story twists and has much relevance to the rest of his briliiant work Expand
  52. Jun 15, 2013
    A good movie, but I expected great. The biggest problem with this movie is everybody is going in with high expectations and it doesn`t live up to it.The story was good, but I wanted more Batman and less Bruce Wayne.I really did like Bane, but not the ending fight.
  53. Nov 27, 2012
    Other than being a bit of a downer, I don't have much to complain about with the new batman movie. Christian Bale's voice was messed up as usual, and Bane's voice bothered me slightly at first, but aside from that the movie was quite enjoyable. The Imax scenes were crisp and clear, almost looking 3D with the way it was filmed, even though I watched the 2D version. Acting was superb on all counts, save maybe for that of Matthew Modine, who was horrible as usual. Very satisfying ending. Nolan is a genius. Expand
  54. Nov 28, 2012
    Although it is not as cleanly compressed together as its ancestors, Christopher Nolan's conclusion to his - now pristine - Batman trilogy still remains a sweeping, emotional, and completely endearing master work of modern cinema.
  55. Dec 24, 2012
    After Nolan's impressive new debut of the caped crusader, and his show-stopping powerhouse sequel, the expectations for the conclusion to his Batman trilogy were admittedly really high - even though we already knew no villain could hope to top the Joker. Yet, somewhat disappointingly, "The Dark Knight Rises" is the weakest of the three films. Even though it finally balances the villain character with Bruce Wayne's character, even though it took everything to new heights of drama and action, even though it retained the modern look of "Knight" while reviving some of "Begins"'s atmosphere . . . . . it honestly all felt like a little too epic for Batman. Do we really need Gotham plunged into 6 months of anarchy under threat of a decomposing nuclear core? Do we really need Bruce Wayne trapped in an underground prison for the whole second act? Yeah, the plot this time is a little jumbled and has a few holes, and the action scenes are generally not as impressive. Bane as a villain is pretty good, even though he's also the weakest antagonist of the trilogy and is killed off way too abruptly, and overall the film just isn't as gripping or entertaining as the others, despite its highly-promising opening and a great fight scene at the start of the second act. Nonetheless, it's certainly still a pretty strong movie. Expand
  56. Nov 30, 2012
    3 words: Epic! Epic!! Epic!!!

Nolan never disappoints. TDK rises is an example of Nolan's style of direction, story writing, etc. This movie is indeed a epic conclusion to TDK trilogy. The acting was great, and the actors were also great. Flawless action, and suspense. The movie keeps you hanging there for the entire 2h 45min. The first hour was kinda slow. However it was worth it,
    because the new characters, and their plans were introduced in this sequence. The second hour was again slow, and imo this was the weak point of the film. There were a lot of boring scenes, such as Batman's capture. It was kinda boring. HOWEVER you won't believe it. At first glance I thought this was going to be crap due to the slow start, and middle, but I was so wrong. The climax, or the last hour of the film was unbelievable. I was left speechless. There were at least 3-5 plot twists. Some of them were predictable, however I was blown away with the final plot twist. It was totally unpredictable, imo. The climax made up for all the slow parts. I believe the conclusion was satisfying, and filled with a lot of suspense, and plot twists. Overall rating: 9/10

This movie was not as good as TDK (10/10) because TDK literally was perfect, imo. It had no slow parts, and no boring parts. Everything was perfect. On the other hand, TDK rises was a near-perfect movie. If it weren't for the slow parts then this movie would've been 11/10! No joke. Final words: Very pleased, and it exceeded my sky high expectations.
  57. Feb 4, 2013
    Bane was a much more effective villain for Batman than the Joker. He was calculating and had much bigger designs, and was too smart for Batman (but then again so was Joker), not to mention his superiority in physical strength and fighting skill. I enjoyed his every scene. The best thing about Rises was that the character of Batman was actually developed compared to what pathetic little time he was allowed in the previous movie to get a chance to appear as a human. The plot was relentless and kept me on the edge. Some convenient plot jumps appeared on second viewing, such as Batman's return from the prison to an occupied Gotham. Expand
  58. Dec 2, 2012
    I loved this film! The gadgets and fights were brilliant. However, I found a few holes in the story line. Not much to worry about since I really loved it and can't wait to watch it again.
  59. Dec 4, 2012
    Tom Hardy was amazing as Bane and I really enjoyed the dynamic that this new villain brought. Unfortunately, that was the only part that wowed me. The plot was ridden with goofs and errors and that's where it lost me a bit. Also, Philadelphia does not work as Gotham the way Chicago did. A for effort Nolan, but C for execution.
  60. Dec 5, 2012
    One of the most disappointing films of the year. In my opinion, Rises is the weakest of the Dark Knight Trilogy; it didn't even feel like it belonged in the same trilogy...(Full Review Later)...
  61. Dec 8, 2012
    I finally saw The Dark Knight Rises on my laptop, and the only regret I have is that I didn't get to see it in a cinema! It is so epic and intense, especially the scenes with Bane... This villain has such magnetism, Tom Hardy has done a very, very good job portraying this new villain.
    However, I can't put 10/10 because of Marion Cotillard. Even though I'm French, I find her so annoying,
    she doesn't put enough soul in such an important character! Casting any other good-looking actress would have been a better option... Expand
  62. Mar 11, 2013
    This movie is amazing, regardless of all the cliches, and retarded moments like how bruce got cable reception from a prison detached from the outside world. This movie still provided the best possible entertainment and an amazing ending that surprised me.
  63. Jan 21, 2013
    I've seen every movie in this trilogy, The dark knight is best movie. This is an very good superhero movie, very good directed by Christopher Nolan. I like everything in this movie, the cast, the story,....
    This is the best movie of 2012.
  64. Dec 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O melhor filme de 2012 até agora,o Nolan não teve medo de seguir em frente mesmo com o desafio de fazer um filme sem o coriga,o Bane caiu muito bem como novo vilão e a idéia de destruição de Gotham foi ótima agora o ponto forte do filme foi sim a ressurreição do Batman. Expand
  65. Dec 18, 2012
    The third film in the new trilogy of modern Batman loses mainly in verisimilitude in scenes that take clear sense of lack of creativity. Factor last quoted it is clear that the new design of Catwoman, as well as meeting all the villains alive the previous two chapters. Despite being cited as the last film of the hero, it is certain that closed the meeting Bale / Nolan, but opens the door for new directors and writers to create new angles of this fabulous saga. Expand
  66. Dec 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is very hard not to like this film in some small way from one of the greatest cast of actors on display. However this film was no Batman at all, the comic 's have been re-written into yet another terrorism movie. This is not Batman or Gotham. The film dragged on and on, giving much more time to dialogue which can be appreciated from the greatness of its actors. Though as previous this wasn't entirely Batman. Bane was missing the most important part of his character the venom, Batman defeats him in also every exchange from that weakness within the comic 's. The film had you believe Bane was in the league of shadows for its most part. While in truth he is a henchman for hire, but this films interpretation was altogether very wrong and misleadingly misguided. Catwoman dating Batman was so absurd it makes me angry. What little appeal she had is soon forgotten while her character is missing it's kink her whip, her sexiness is altogether lost when she then sells out to Batman. Bruce Wayne almost going broke and losing billions when he is a trillionare. Leaving some inheritance to Alfred and donating his heritage Wayne manor to orphans. This has left one of the worst tastes in my mouth out of any film of this calibre. The film was utterly disappointing a ploy to engage that fear of terrorism in the world today. While rewriting most of the comic book Batman and Gotham. I cannot imagine anyone sitting in the cinema for this film..... Expand
  67. Dec 31, 2012
    I thought this movie ticked all the boxes and was the perfect end to Christopher Nolans batman trilogy. The movie was action packed and had everyone on the edge of their seats at the end. The movie contained a great cast with Christian bale, Michael Caine, Morgan freeman, Anne Hathaway and Tom hardy. The only thing that I didn't understand was the ending and batman surviving the nuclear bomb. Some guy I thought. Maybe even robin( Blake) could have been introduced earlier. But to me this movie and the rest of the trilogy are and will be some of the greatest movies ever created. Expand
  68. Jan 6, 2013
    I wasn't impressed. The cinematography has always been fantastic and it was yet again but the rest wasn't that good. The second one is one of my favorite movies ever and the first one was really good but this... it was a good concept executed poorly. Anne Hathaway sucked and the rest were alright. Bane just sounded like a german prostitute and the cop war was almost cool until batman can just walk through it and fight bane with no one else intervening. It was cool and well done with effects and stuff but eh, not impressed Expand
  69. Jan 10, 2013
    A brilliant end to one of the best trilogies ever made. Nolan took Gotham to places were no one was expecting. Chris Nolan proved once again what he is capable of with this great film.
  70. Jan 11, 2013
    The acting was fine, if not subpar at some times. The special effects were fine. The general premise of the movie was fine. However, upon watching this movie, I was waiting for the climax to happen for 3 hours, but then I realized it had already sort of happened. The whole cops-vs-robbers storyline went to an excess, and the fight scenes were poorly filmed. It was a disappointing conclusion to the trilogy. Expand
  71. Jan 19, 2013
    The best movie of the year in my opinion. It really raps a bow around the Nolan batman trilogy. Sure there are some plot holes, but i think this movie has been negatively received by some people because of the Colorado shooting.
  72. Dec 13, 2013
    A great final chapter to the great trilogy director Nolan brought to us, literally changing the game. However, it´s a step back from the second film "The Dark Knight". The acting is great and good new actors take center. The villain is good, which was difficult to achieve after the memorable Joker Heath Ledger gave us in the previous film. Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gorgon-Levitt play their parts really well. The film is visually impressive and the pace is not bad at all, but after the first hour there are some problems probably caused by the big ambitions the director had, wanting to make this film even bigger than the previous one. Honestly, there are a couple of plot holes. The grandiosity of what´s happening will make you forget about that, but it makes the film instantly worse than The Dark Knight. Again, the score by Hans Zimmer is outstanding and memorable. Overall, great film, the best and more ambitious blockbuster of 2012 along with Prometheus. Expand
  73. Jun 15, 2013
    A very good movie that's definitely worth watching and is still better than nearly every superhero movie, but in that lies the problem. It is not as good as The Dark Knight. It is better in some things like emotional depth, and it has a better story overall, but it doesn't truly leave its genre. Unlike The Dark Knight, it is not a genuine crime thriller in the vein of The Departed. This is because Nolan's direction has went backwards in terms of attention to detail, especially in the action department, and he's added to many far fetched elements, such as Bane being able to punch through walls. Speaking of Bane, Tom Hardy is a very good villain. He's very scary, but he still can't match the pure insanity of Ledger. I know it sounds like I don't like this movie but I was just comparing it with The Dark Knight. On its own terms the movie is dark beyond belief, intricately plotted, well acted, and emotionally involving and sometimes wrenching. If not for the Dark Knight this would be the best superhero movie ever made. If you're a fan of Nolan's movies in any way, or if you just like movies in general, please watch it. Expand
  74. Jan 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight Rises fails to deliver in every respect of the trilogy. My only praise goes towards the action sequences and the ending of the film. Otherwise, this is a pointless film with several large plot holes. As the last film of a trilogy, the role of this film is to wrap up the entire trilogy. The entire second film could have been taken out and the third film would not have been changed. Harvey Dent and Rachel's deaths, which should have been felt throughout the film, hardly contributed to the plot, even after Bane reveals Dent's true actions. Expand
  75. Jan 25, 2013
    Not even the plotholes could stop this movie from being so great. Yep, I said it. The plotholes actually add a sense of mystery to the film, and not only that , it is the most thoughtful, sad, and intense film in the series. I am just angry as to how underrated this film is.
  76. Jan 26, 2013
    Maybe i am kind of exasgered, but this is my favorite movie. It has an super emotional story, impresive cast, great effects and so many themes and epic music. Christopher Nolan, epic film
  77. Mar 24, 2013
    Finally, after four years of waiting, we were able to enjoy the long-awaited end of the masked hero's incredible trilogy of the amazing Mr. Nolan.
    I thought that would outsell its predecessor epic The Dark Knight, but it's obvious the series, it was not, but the movie itself is very good.
    Sadly, the film is very scattered and disjointed, the weakest of the three in the section of the
    script, do not understand what your goal, which meant the goal of Bane is too absurd, too much work for you all to focus on revenge rather limited, meanwhile, the goal of Talia no sense, because it was destroyed to make Batman see his dream and that people show their true colors, but this dream was not destroyed after five months, only is about to destroy the city with the pump and that's it .
    Plot was simple, the former was glorious in that aspect.
    Batman recovered if it was Rocky and suddenly the cops are released from the sewers, join him as having been buried for a day, why not have the effect of staying five months underground without any hygiene without sick and ready for combat?, that there is as swallowing.
    The scene of the well is very good but has a good error,
    seem a paid vacation to a spiritual retreat to recover, then nothing happens, the inmates give advice, not cure, do not mess with him, are limited to support for leaving What the hell is going on in this movie?
    Among many things can be seen in the film, the rating I give them doubtful result, but despite its flaws script, is highly recommended, the performances are very good, the direction of Mr. Nolan is still epic.
    Not as I expected, really, but as you guessed, Mr. Nolan did not disappoint. The Dark Knight Rises shows the greatness of christhoper nolan to direct monumental works of film and proves once again, the true greatness of this character. My Score: 9.5
  78. Feb 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BEST BATMAN FILM EVER!!!! Not Christopher Nolan's best, that title belongs to Inception, but definitely Batman's best! It was the perfect end to Christopher Nolan's perfect trilogy. The most awesome thing in the world would be if they did another one with Joseph Gordon-Levitt continuing the legacy as Batman, as it was hinted at the end of the film. Expand
  79. Feb 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight rises is the third installment of the hugely popular reboot of the batman franchise. Christopher Nolan continues to entertain the mind, heart and eyes with beautifully, yet dark scenery shot in various locations and studios in the USA and the UK. Nolan, known for his non-linear method of storytelling in movies such as Memento (2000) and Inception (2012), makes a departure from that style in order to appeal to a crowd more interested in comic book action films. This is not a criticism, but is instead appreciated in order to stay true to the genre. This film is a breath of fresh air within the crowded comic book genre. Facing stiff competition from the whole Avengers group as well as Spiderman and Superman, this movie holds its own. The story spans across three equally excellent movies whose plots are deeply intertwined. Michael Caine continues his role of Alfred the butler and is just as believable and lovable as in the other films. Morgan Freeman is also back, reprising his role as Lucius Fox, the man behind the R&D division and CEO of Wayne Enterprises. Two new notable characters; Cat woman, played by Anne Hathaway and John Blake, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, round out the talent in the film.
    The Dark Knight Rises begins 8 years after the Dark Knight, on the anniversary of Harvey Dent’s death, the world has changed. Crime is at an all-time low, thanks to “The Dent Act” which limits the rights of convicted felons, in the way the patriot act does to people suspected of terrorism does in the US. However, this “peace” is disrupted when Bane, an ex-communicated member of the League of shadows, led by Ra’s al Ghul (Batman Begins), has come back to finish Ra’s mission of cleansing Gotham.
    My only gripe with this movie, as with the other two movies in the series, is Bale’s batman. More specifically, the voice he gives batman. The best I can describe it is an angry mono-tone whisper, no matter his audience the voice remains the same; no feeling, no imagination and no real reason why, as it’s not explained in the movie. It is so distracting that is often the one trait that is able to pull me out of a world where a crime fighting billionaire dressed as a bat exists.
  80. Feb 8, 2013
    Found this movie totally satisfying on every level. The acting, directing and score are all top notch here. I had thought going into this movie that there was no way it could reach the levels of The Dark Knight, but in my humble opinion it did. The Dark Knight Rises is the perfect send off to the best comic book series of all time and I really enjoyed how everything came full circle by the time it had ended. My favorite film of 2012. Expand
  81. Feb 24, 2013
    I am bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
  82. Feb 20, 2013
    Get cheap 60% off Kingdoms of Camelot gems from clashofclansgem.com Clashofclansgem.com Ensure you insert your CoC Game Center Account and password in the box of Special Instructions or Order Comments for quick delivery to you! You can also contact our 24/7 online customer service,tell us your Game Center Account and password to confirm your order for delivery! Delivery time is usually within 24 hours!!

Kingdoms of Camelot 1600 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 3200 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 9600 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 6400 Gems
  83. Jun 27, 2013
    This is definitely the most action packed of the Batman trilogy, and I can't complain. The action is fronted by the new villain, Bane, who is both interesting and destructive.
    It's an excellent movie and a great end to the trilogy, however the dialogue in the movie is not very well written as compared to, say, the Dark Knight.

8.6/10
  84. Feb 26, 2013
    The emphasis on visuals takes away from the gritty characterisation and storytelling which made the last film so great. While it is nice to look at, it's not so great to watch. Still, it's Nolan's Batman.
  85. Aug 29, 2013
    This movie is perfect in every single conceivable way. When people say that bane's voice is impossible to understand probably cover their ears singing one direction songs.
  86. Jun 2, 2013
    this movie is amazing awesome story that actually makes sense great actors, explosions, action, scope, etc. everything was awesome I love this movie...although the dark knight was better imo. Bane was the best character very likeable villian. everyone should watch this movie at least once.
  87. Mar 4, 2013
    The best movie of the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was action packed, perfectly and carefully directed, and the villain Bane was fantastic. The only flaw was that Anne Hathaway wasn't very good as Catwoman.
  88. Jun 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i actually felt manipulated after watching this movie because there is so little sense that this movie makes
    and there is so many technical errors that leaves you scratching your head.
    and i know that the music were good and there are some epic scenes like the one with kidnapping the scientist from the plane but these mistakes simply destroyed the movie entirely such as :
    Wayne escape from a hole in Istanbul and next thing you know he show up at Gotham city with no torture remarks on his face or body.
    the guy with the patch on his eye in the hole with Wayne never speaks English until the last scene
    the fact that Wayne shows up at Gotham just when Selina was saving a kid and returning his apple AND WHY DID SHE BITE THAT APPLE BEFORE GIVING IT BACK
    also the fight scene between Batman and Bane when they through all their weapons and start a hand fight REALLY ?
    how come someone can steal a money from the stock exchange using an Ipad with an adapter
    and the last scene when batman escaped from a nuclear holocaust makes the movie so much worse
    also the fact that the bad guy was around you all the time shows a lack of imagination and destroyed the story for good.
    so in the end i think that the only way that you can enjoy this movie is by being a die-hard fan to the series who don't pay attention to details or not trying to seek sense in the story.
  89. Mar 14, 2013
    The final installment in the best superhero movie franchise of all time is equal to its predecessors. The additions of Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman are great and Michael Caine continues tobe the standout performance.
  90. Jun 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was great in the first hour, didn't really make TOO much sense, but it's Batman, nothing makes sense.
    Then, in a single scene, the entire character development for Bane in this movie crumbles and gets shat on, followed by the worst acted death I have ever seen in a movie since the room.
    Then, the moment that could have made it for me, when he was taking the bomb out in the Bat, that scene was so sad, I legitimately thought he was gonna die, but of course it's Batman, the kind of cop outs.
    He magically jumped out of the Bat seconds before the bomb blew up, survived the huge explosion that would have taken out Gotham completely, swam for miles and miles, made it out, met with Cat Woman, took her out to that one restaurant in the middle of bufu Egypt and waited for his god damn butler every day in the same seat while no one recognized one of the most famous people of Gotham who was reported dead a while ago, oh, I almost forgot how happy Gothan citizens were that the explosion didn't kill them, but the radiation will, slowly and painfully.
  91. Mar 24, 2013
    This not only an epic conclusion to Chris Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, it was an epic conclusion to a summer filled with excitment. Not only was the storyline and acting fantastic, two characters really stuck out. Bane and Catwoman. Tom Hardy really brings in the fear of Bane with his incredible acting and dark complection to a wonderful villan. Anne Hathaway showcase's a sexy cat who can kick some serious butt. She truly is one of the greatest actresses of 2012. Surprisingly, i thought it was better than "The Dark Knight", but that's just me. I think the story is more darker and engaging than Dark Knight, but the Joker (Heath Ledger) is still the greatest villan ever. Overall, it's a tremendous movie, GO SEE IT! Expand
  92. Sep 28, 2013
    The Dark Knight Rises is a flawed film and there are some plot holes and inconsistencies, but in the end the film is one of the best action blockbusters ever made. It's bold,daring,entertaining,and really shows that the Superhero subgenre can be more than a casual popcorn flick. The Dark Knight Rises is no masterpiece, but I really did enjoy the film. It's aesthetically pleasing with solid cinematography, incredible action set pieces, and a solid villain Bane. The film begins to feel sloppy and unfinished in it's final minutes,and that's where my main gripes come in. The movie is tonally inconsistent. The final minutes are generic,cliche and it feels like an entirely different movie altogether. It simply feels undercooked. That's my main gripe with the movie. The other flaws and gaps in judgement can be overlooked as it is still at it's core, a superhero movie. I respect Nolan for delivering an entertaining, thrilling blockbuster and I did like the movie alot. My rating:8.0/10 Expand
  93. Apr 7, 2013
    Rarely do I have as many mixed feelings and opinions after having seen The Dark Knight Rises. It felt epic. It was moving. It felt long. It worked well as a book-end to the trilogy. It felt forced. The performances were excellent. Anne Hathaway as Selena the Cat Woman. Joseph Gordon- Levitt as Blake, Michael Caine, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman and so on. The last 30 minutes were just fantastic, worth the previous
    two-plus hour wait. Better than the Batman Begins but fell short of
    Heath Ledger's Dark Knight (could that movie been as good without
    him?).

Overall I think it suffered from being too grandiose by trying to do
    too much. The multiple acts didn't click together as they did in The
    Dark Knight. The suspension of disbelief was less "suspended" than
    utterly confounded how did Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) go from
    emaciated cripple to muscle-bound butt-kicker in one day? And the
    finale, while enjoyable, had so many twists and conveniences it would
    have made my head spin if I wasn't enjoying it so much.

To be fair, I think the best way to judge The Dark Knight Rises is as
    an attempt to close an epic story-line with a focus on continuity
    between the three films, reinforcing Nolan's conflicting "hopeful
    nihilism" philosophy. I look forward to watching all three back-to-back
    to see his vision uninterrupted by tragic events and the passage of
    time.
  94. Apr 12, 2013
    Boy, was I disappointed when I saw this film for the first time. I went with my brothers and girlfriend and there was an overwhelming sense of, nothingness. The opening scene was pretty rad, but after that the film just kind of flops. A ridiculous amount of filler, nonsensical story line twists, awful editing and audio. Even worse was the ending, without any spoilers all I'm saying is... Don't get your hopes up. Probably the worst ending to a film I've seen in a long time. Bane was okay, but there are hundreds of better batman villains. Overall, a pretty awful film. Expand
  95. Jul 5, 2013
    A 2hr 30min movie and one hell of a movie! It's an amazing and epic last in a trilogy. Whilst I don't think it can ever top the The Dark Knight, it offers an epic, darker edge and emotional story. It shows the rise and fall of Bruce Wayne, once has met his match physically. Nolan makes more epic scale action scenes. His characters are useful and aid Gotham in Batman's absence as Bane who has a deadly presence on screen has Gotham rigged with a nuke. The climax isn't exciting though and pretty dull, though the ending is touching and epic. I like how they tried to introduce a Robin character and acknowledged that the batman could be anyone with the right courage. I think for a last in the series, it does what it should do and wrap everything up into a tie, but there still something holding it back from me but I don't know what. Expand
  96. Apr 14, 2013
    A great movie, the worst of the series, but still fantastic. Operates on a huge scale, great characters all around, but no one as great as Ledger in The Dark Knight(which is basically impossible). Hardy does a great job as Bane, Oldman Bale and Caine are good as usual. Great all around
  97. Apr 15, 2013
    the dark knight rises is an amazing movie and is a worthy sequel to the dark knight and in my opinion is even better than the dark knight, a masterpiece in the true sense of the word, a solid performance by all actors specially tom hardy, i am a long time batman fan and it was a sad moment for me to see the legend end the trilogy as a whole is the best trilogy ever imho, the final act was just so symbolic and brilliant Expand
  98. May 10, 2013
    I really loved this movie, everything about it is perfect, the plot is well tied, the acting is excelent, the ending is fantastic, the action scenes that are more abundantly aparencem very well made​​, and closes with style this epic trilogy.
  99. Aug 18, 2013
    There is exactly one witty line in the entire movie, when a stock trader tells Bane, "This is a stock exchange! There's no money you can steal!" and Bane replies, "Really? Then why are you people here?" Otherwise, this is a dreary, grim, and humorless two-and-a-half-hour slog through cartoonish mayhem and maudlin cliches. With plot holes so big, they literally and ironically can drive tanks through them. After a while, the dumb violence just gets more and more numbing and meaningless, and the film's political themes, if you can call them that, get more and more unfocused. All in all, I think this film detracts from the Batman canon, and I see no reason for Warner Bros. to continue with any of these story lines. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.